Car Audio System General

i dont know if this is Veeky Forums or /g/ related topic but i think is both. i recently got my first shitbox to drive and im thinking of replacing its whole audio system. what would you guys recommend ?

im thinking of getting this as car stereo
>amazon.com/Sony-MEXGS810BH-Stereo-Receiver-Bluetooth/dp/B00HQXUH84/ref=sr_1_1?s=car&ie=UTF8&qid=1479984652&sr=1-1&keywords=The+Sony+MEX-GS810BH&th=1

i dont know if they're shilling it or not but
>Gold Award winning
>toptenreviews.com/home/auto/best-car-audio-systems/

but im not sure about the speakers and amplifier.
should i trust these reviews?
>peimag.com/top-10-best-6-5-car-speakers/
>mycarneedsthis.com/todays-best-car-amplifiers/

i listen to trance and techno most of the time so a good bass is needed. also, i would like to use them as my output speakers for my DJM-900NXS mixer. what amplifier should i get?

Other urls found in this thread:

bestbuy.com/site/pioneer-in-dash-digital-media-receiver-built-in-bluetooth-with-detachable-faceplate-black/5621701.p?skuId=5621701
amazon.com/gp/product/B004LMCZMY/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B004LMCZMY&linkCode=as2&tag=audioampsmcnt-20&linkId=7NGPV3SCCBRQRHMY
bestbuy.com/site/pioneer-cd-car-stereo-receiver-black-red/6238551.p?skuId=6238551
pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Digital Media Receivers/MVH-X580BS
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pioneer headunits a best.
Source: anecdotal evidence.
Currently using a Pioneer headunit in my E36 and it's much better than previous Sony headunit, the sound ia much more soft, succulent and deep. Will post model name when I'm home

All those top ten sites are all mainstream audio. If your goal is to get something that sounds decent then nothing is wrong with those. However, if you want something that sounds amazing then look elsewhere. Companies like Focal make some of the best speakers in the world and they don't break the bank. JL and kicker make great subs as well.

Do you have a budget? Are you going to be running the speakers off the deck? If you are going to get a heavy mono d amp you are going to need a HO alternator or a two battery setup.

If I was in the market for a new headunit I'd probably pick up this one. At $40 its perfect for any shitbox. It's probably on par with the Sony you posted.

bestbuy.com/site/pioneer-in-dash-digital-media-receiver-built-in-bluetooth-with-detachable-faceplate-black/5621701.p?skuId=5621701

[^:

keep it stock.

>Do you have a budget?
i think i can go up to 800$

>Are you going to be running the speakers off the deck?
if that means better quality, then yes!

>If you are going to get a heavy mono d amp you are going to need a HO alternator or a two battery setup.
im thinking about this one but it becomes kind of expensive for me to get an HO alternator.
>amazon.com/gp/product/B004LMCZMY/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B004LMCZMY&linkCode=as2&tag=audioampsmcnt-20&linkId=7NGPV3SCCBRQRHMY

they're trash

ill be considering this one. thnx

>Will post model name when I'm home
please do!

Spend money on a good head unit. The features, button layout and connectivity are worth its money in the long run.

Make sure the head units have anti-skip if you listen to CD's, make sure the head unit supports Apple and Android if you use USB and make sure it has a built-in Blutooth receiver if you go wireless. All of these features should not be overlooked. Doing so will make your audio experience that much more regrettable.

what car? is the radio stock right now?

1995. Yes, it is

>2016
>CDs
y tho?

exactly!

thnx! i dont plan on using cd's though. would you go for Pioneer or Sony?

stop. there's definitely 800 bucks worth of maintenance you could do on that car. don't waste your money. if it doesn't have the monsoon head unit you could get one from ebay.

This

Its often the small features that you might not think about that can make all the difference

Dimmable lighting, custom color mixing, saveable equalizer presets ans different format support are all examples

>i dont plan on using cd's
Kenwood KMM-202/203 or KMM-BT302 then

What head unit is this?

It's OK I'm already spending on the maintenance

I never understood what the point of an expensive audio system is if you are going to hear the sound of the road and in this case the engine too since its a shitbox.
If the system is that good that you only hear the music and nothing else then might aswell get headphones for better quality per price and use a phone or laptop or something
unless you have friends in the car in which case wtf are you doing in Veeky Forums :^)

You don't need to spend a fortune really. Those new Kenwoods are very good and cheap.
All those speakers are normie tier shite.
For an amp just get a used Genesis 5 channel, unless you kill it you'll always be able to sell it on for what you paid for it.

>amazon.com/gp/product/B004LMCZMY/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B004LMCZMY&linkCode=as2&tag=audioampsmcnt-20&linkId=7NGPV3SCCBRQRHMY
I can tell you this now, you will not power this amp without a HO alternator. Even if you get a deep cycle Optima yellow top battery, you will never have enough juice to fully power that amp. I should know because I have that exact amp powering a JL 12"w7. If you don't want to do that then the only thing left is to run two optima yellow tops in parallel.

>al
mos harro se do paguash dhe 23% dogan :^)
cucked by edi

i know it's kinda stupid. i didnt even to invest that much in such a car but since its speakers and headunit (you can only use it for listening to radio or cassettes) are garbage, i thought it would be better to spend some money in some quality audio system to use them in my future cars too.

what kind of amp would you recommend if i dont plan to use a HO alternator?

lol se dija qe kishte shqiptare qe browse Veeky Forums. dogana eshte e paguar btw.

just get a tape to aux adapter. then you could plug in your device directly or get a bluetooth adapter. then you don't ruin the stock look.

Some Pioneer I cant remember the name of

dogana e sistemit qe do maresh nga interneti dmth

too bad aux sounds like shit compared to USB.

pee pee poo poo

>just get a tape to aux adapter.
the speakers still would sound like shit though.

cdo gje qe kam blere online i kam thene nje shoku ne itali te mi marri. pastaj kur vjen ne al ia jap cash ne dore. kshu kam blere te tjera gjera dhe skam paguar extra.

Sleep tight, muscle

are you a pajeet?

what makes you think so?

DEH-4800UB.
Aux in is in the back of the panel so you have to somehow get it out into the interior, which might be an inconvinience if you can't or a huge plus if you can. Reads USB but is absolutely retarded when it comes to seeking songs. Sound quality is at the very least decent. My parents used to have a Mk. 2 Golf and they bought a Pioneer headunit for it in like 2004 and it ran fine until early 2016 when I sold my Twingo with the headunit inside, still working. Not that it's indicative of quality because it's just anecdotal evidence but I've had great experience with Pioneer. I suggest you buy a headunit, check if it works fine and take it back if it doesn't if that's an option.

so you're saying that if i want it to be like future proof, i should get a Pioneer. i was considering it too but i thought Pioneer's quality was kinda overpriced. turns around it's true only about its cdj's and djm's

I second what other anons have said with regards to Pioneer head units. I got a cheap Pioneer DEH-150MP for my Grand Marquis and its been great. It features an aux jack and a cd player, my only gripe is the broadcast info in my area keeps saying "no artist".

bestbuy.com/site/pioneer-cd-car-stereo-receiver-black-red/6238551.p?skuId=6238551

Be prepared to spend more if you want bluetooth, hd radio, sirius xm, or a touchscreen in your head unit. For a cheap car though this is all you need.

>if you want bluetooth, hd radio, sirius xm, or a touchscreen in your head unit

all i need is some good quality. of course bluetooth and aux but about the quality i dont want the sound to be distorted. that's it. all the other touch screen or other shit i think are distractions to have in a car

the €60 kenwoods i posted that play 24 bit flac will have better sq than any pioneer playing mp3, unless you're going way out of your budget.
just make sure it has front facing usb/sd card ports

MVH-X380BT.

It's a great head unit if used together with a smartphone. Its main feature is smartphone connectivity via bluetooth or USB, and it has no CD support. Audio quality is pretty good and it's not too expensive. I wish the backlight color was adjustable though.

yeah i liked them too but i think im going with this one

>pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Digital Media Receivers/MVH-X580BS

i think they're kinda the same with link related. except some minor things like
>Color Customization 210,000 Colors, Dual-Zone

Here's a non-potato quality version.

Still looks pretty shitty

kek
at least i made i a bit better

A little is kinda over-selling how shitty it is.

guys what about the speakers and amp? should i go with pioneer too? i dont want to spend extra money on an HO alternator but i still want to destroy my ears listening to some high quality bass with no distortion.

Buy a new headunit, see if you still need good speakers. When I replaced my original BMW Reverse RDS headunit with a Sony one it was already a huge jump and the jump from Sony to Pioneer was pretty big, all with stock speakers.

thnx! ill try that first

Any other audi/o/philes here?

that looks like shit

DONT. Just upgrade the speakers.

This is a long shot, but I'm wondering if someone might be able to help me. I recently installed a Kenwood double din in my 2000 Xterra. Whenever the volume is on, it makes a high pitched ringing noise. it doesn't matter if the input is on tuner, aux, or blue tooth. If I turn the volume up, the ringing gets ever so slightly louder until the volume maxes out.

It happens when the engine is off and the key is just in the accessory position, so I know it's not engine or alternator noise. I even tried a different Kenwood head unit, thinking the one I had was bad, but the new one makes the exact same ringing. The new head unit is grounded the exact same way as the stock head unit. So I don't believe it has anything to do with the grounds.

It's driving me fucking nuts and I'll want is to make the sound go away. I'm at my wits end and there's no info online about the problem I'm experiencing. I have no idea what the fuck the problem is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Why didn't you move the knobs apart so you can attach those wheels that most audio equipment have for easy knob turning?

Do you have an amp connected? it sounds like the RCA cables are too close to each other.

No additional amp connected. I literally just switched out the stock head unit for the kenwood one.

Anyone have tips for getting door speakers? Just bought a car and in all the hype didn't check speakers. Only 4 small shit tier speakers on the doors.

Should I focus on getting a solid sub? Fuck Volkswagen btw.

What phoenix wright song are you listening to?

I just upgraded to a Kenwood kmm bt302 from another kenwood.

I wanted to get sony this time because I love their audio equipment but couldn't find one with the features I wanted without stupid fake carbon fiber.

Upgraded because I needed bluetooth, the 3.5mm jack on my phone shit itself and I was sick of fiddling with it to get it to play out both channels every time I got in the car. Also wanted RBG lights, The old kenwood I had came with just red I ended up replacing all the SMD leds with purple ones.

It's hard to find ones that aren't gaudy chrome and fiberglass.