There's a company selling K30s for about €15k

There's a company selling K30s for about €15k.

Is this a good deal for a restored 6.4l 180hp 3speed automatic truck from the 80s?

Katastrophe ey

Are you insane

They're that price if you're in a euroland I can understand.

If you have that kind of dosh, look into just importing a fully restored one out of the states, seriously. The 73-87 squares of any variety, vary around $1500-4000 tops for running/driving condition and varying levels of rust/rust-free-ness.

It's overpriced as fuck for american standards but okay for German standards. Morlock Merchants know this. Don't bother. You can get a G class that is newer and better in every way for that money.

Thats a M1008 CUCV. Most came with the 6.2L Diesel.

The paint is all wrong on that one. Its too matte. It should be more shiny.

You can find good ones from private seller for €7,000, maybe even slightly less.

This ones, in Holland selling for €10,000. Its average price for a dealer.
www.vandam4x4.nl/product-categorie/autos/

Would i need imperial tools for an 80s 'murican truck or are they metric?

Some of both, but mostly imperial.
Are you looking for a K30, a K5, or a M1009?

These have been appreciating rather quickly, I had my M1009 appraised last month as part of a house loan application, and they told me $13,000.

But civilian Blazers are worth less, and pickups are worth less still.

The K30 is the heavy duty version, and is worth more than the K20 or K10, but still should generally be less than 10,000 burger bucks

Civilian blazers are becoming more valuable, just as all square bodies are. Dependant on condition of course.

ALLES!

>Would i need imperial tools for an 80s 'murican truck or are they metric?
Find out what sizes your truck uses and only buy those. Otherwise find the equivalent size wrench in mm. There are many sizes that are very close, especially the smaller ones.
Use a crescent wrench for large sizes.

>heavy duty version
What does that mean?
Stronger diffs, gearbox axle?

Heavier springs, heavier brakes, heavier axles with deeper ratios and bigger diffs.

They aren't available with the weaker engine and trans options that the lighter weight trucks were available with.

Also not available with the short bed, and the 4 door 6 passenger models were C/K20/C/K30 only.

The 20 and 30 are designed to carry more weight and tow heavier trailers than the 10. The K20 is rated to tow 8600 lbs to American standards (requires shorter stops from faster speeds than Euro ratings) and the single rear wheel K30 is rated to 10,000 lbs.

Dually K30s are rated to tow 12,200.

Sounds nice.
I'm not sure about towing here in Germany, most trailers seem to be limited to 3.5t.

So what are you looking for?

Example: I traded a shotgun for this C20.

Needed exhaust, cap, rotor, plugs, wires, a little body work on the doors, and rocker panels.

It's 6.85 meters long, lol.

Here in tx, square bodies are sky rocketing. Fully restored k10s can be 20k easy.

My insurance goes up every time I renew it, because I have uninsured driver coverage and the book value of my truck went from 3 grand to 10 grand over the last 4 years.

Not even fucking remotely.

>using metric on imperial

So, you're that faggot who rounds bolts off, I've heard about you.

A fucking imperial AND metric set of most size sockets you'll need, both deep and shallow, in 3/8 and 1/2 drive, ratchets included, run you under $200 for a set that'll last just fine.

>be American
>trade gun for old pickup truck

Sounds about right

Such is life in Almanya.

For me, it's a novelty car, i'd use it to go innawoods, haul shit and maybe dd it ~3 miles to work.
Not sure that'd be the best use for it, but i have that craving for a truck.