Does this logo even mean anything anymore? It's like on all their cars now

Other urls found in this thread:

watracing.com/?product=wat-series
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

BMW X4 M40i

Protip: the m logo has been pretty meaningless since the 80s.

It used to represent bmw and texaco's partnership in racing, but bmw just bought out the right to use the texaco red color and now they whore it out to every car they build.

That and AMG are basically just trim levels now

The /M died after the E36. After that, they put it on everything they could and quit making sports cars.

>E36
>"""Sports car""""

You wot?

It died after the e92 m3 and f10 m5.

Seems like it's for base///Model nowadays

>tfw my dad drives a 2.8 liter 4 series like pic related (only in black)
>tfw it came loaded with m-badges from the factory, just because my dad wanted leather seats and he had to take some bullshit sport- package when he was at the dealer
>tfw dad doesnt even know or care wth all the m-badges in the interior and on the outside means

it means m sport package you car illiterate numale cuck

Its always meant slow and unreliable to me

I don't like many bimmers but I completely agree with this.

>///M diesels exist
>///M SUVs exist
No. I can slap an ///M badge on my E36 316 and it won't be much different from the new ///Ms
E46 was just a slightly improved E36 though, I'd say it died after the E46.

BIX
MIT
WAGAIN

/osg/ to the rescue

watracing.com/?product=wat-series

M will have a meaning for as long as you keep seeing people sticking fake badges on their cars

Funfact, despite what the 28 in 428i would suggest its actually just a 2.0 liter

this should answer your question

I hate SUVs so much

kek

At this point BMW is using it on so many of their cars that people might as well

tfw nissan will slap at Z logo on this

HAHAHA BMW IS FUCKING TRASH

No
Since they started making automatic M powered cars its basically been a badge to say you spent more than the base model car costs.

e34 m5 is the GOAT btw

I laugh so hard every time I see these on the road. They're like normal sedans if everything was hilariously oversized

JUST

I don't even have one on my e46 m3. Putting a 318d-emblem on it wud b laff tho.

Sadly your dad is the typical BMW owner now.

Is it automatic?

>M
>diesel

KEK

Might as well buy a fucking Skoda

Literally any 4 Cylinder BMW driver (Post 2000) is just like your Dad, indifferent or in most other cases a badge whore.

>tfw my dad drives a 2.8 liter 4 series
Nope, its a 2.0 litre

Numbers in Mercedes/BMW don't mean shit anymore

>420 :^)

>420xd

Diesel that can do 0-100 in less than 5 seconds

the "M" stopped meaning anything when they turned it into a "package" and started putting Ms on cars which are about as Motorsport related as a washing machine.

Yup its an auto. My dad is the typical bmw owner I guess

>in his late 50's
>has enough disposable income
>wanted a good looking luxury car
>doesn't know or care about cars

So.. since the late 80s?

I can't tell if you're pretending to be stupid or not. The only M badged stuff in the '80s were the M3, M5 and a couple of M sport aero kits.

M sport or "M package" has been a thing since the late 80s
sportier/stiffer suspension, different skirts, bumpers, interior bits and recaro seats

Does this logo even mean anything anymore?

sexy as FUCk amirite?

It's very hard to find stick new BMW stateside anyways, not sure about urropoore. There is a 06 m5 v10 on my local Craigslist and I was surprised cause I thought they only made those auto.

>cancer the brand

>sportier/stiffer suspension, different skirts, bumpers, interior bits and recaro seats
As compared to today; some wheels, maybe side skirts and bumper, and some trim

>poorfags the thread

Why the fuck do people ever buy this?
I dont think that there is a more kitsch brand in existence.
Is this the easiest way to tell "im rich but have absolutely no taste whatsover"?

Manual BMW´s are are fairly common in Europe.

But working at a BMW dealer, i can say that almost only the budget 118/120´s + M2´s are comming from the factory in manuel tranny.

Oddly enough only American models came with the option of the manual, and it was the same transmission as the e39 m5.

And as such most of them aren't holding up to the power the v10 is putting out

>slightly improved
You dumb as fuck
Oh, that's right, you've never driven either

I own an E36 and test drove an E46. Please tell me where I'm wrong.

>parroting shitposts on Veeky Forums because you know nothing about cars

>""""luxury"""" vehicle
>leather seats are not standard
?????

in terms of coupes i like e36 better

for the 4 door though, e46 is a little nicer than the e36 4 door.

I used to like the sedans more but coupes are fucking god tier. They look much much MUCH better and they don't pretend that they're meant for 5 people.

>Diesel

Who the fuck cares? If you can't differentiate M packages, M-tuned engines and proper M cars, you're slightly stupid.

While giving cancer to everyone within 1 km, fuming out a black cloud that takes a year to fully disperse, smelling like shit, and sounding like a tractor.

No, they went down a letter and gave it to Hyundai.

Only on a Shitsubishi

Still waiting, faggot

ironically the e60 m5 was only available with a stick in the united states of freedom

How does that seal work? The letters on the letter are not raised, and same for the seal itself. If you pressed the leather to that mold, it should produce raised letters, unless you wanted it pressed into the leather backwards.

thanks faggot nobody cares

I think the letters are raised, but we are getting fooled by the lighting. Or it's magic.