How do you even do a commute?

How do you even do a commute?
i just cant make myself do it. every day i race myself to work.

By only living 2.5 miles away and knowing that getting red lights along the way will make a bigger difference than all the speeding in the world.

Fucking this. My commute can double in time by catching 3 lights. I live next to 2 fucking retirement homes and the old fucks just have to come out to get breakfast during morning rush hour. They just sit at green lights, drive 10 under at best, and cut people off constantly. 75% of my drive had been under construction for 2 years too and it's the only way to get to the other side of town. The city planner needs to be beaten with a pipe.

>The city planner needs to be beaten with a pipe.
I want to find out who the guy responsible for all the traffic lights and road network planning type stuff is in my town.
I'd phone him up at the office everyday and call him a cunt.
I could get a burner phone every month or few weeks.

>My office is a 1/4 mile away from a hospital and right next to a factory that has semis coming in and out 24/7

At least once a week I get treated being stuck behind a semi and Buick trying to have a contest on who can accelerate from a light the slowest. That said, my commute is under 30 minutes most days so I can't really get too mad.

>people complaining on their "commute" when they live and work IN-TOWN

PLEASE, there's a reason my 2015 civic has 58k miles on it. Cry fucking harder

Buy a slow care.

No really, I'm serious. I had this same problem and was burning through gas and shit every day.

Bought a very small car that had a very small engine that even at full throttle didn't get less then 25mpg. I can't overtake, I can't accelerate, I can't brake for shit, so now I don't bother.

Car paid for itself in 2 years.

I commuted 60 miles each way for 3 years.
Got a new job in another city, which I moved to.

I would happily switch back to the longer commute BECAUSE AT LEAST THE FUCKING TRAFFIC WAS FUCKING MOVING FUCK OFF.

this is my issue, once at work i realize that i hate my job and should not have tushed.

I enjoy every drive I take. Often times driving to and from work are the highlights of my day.

I have a 45 minute commute daily. I've gotten used to the soul crushing boredom but I hate rock chips and bug splats

>5.5km commute
>1 hour

I ended up being able to only afford a slow car and can confirm this works

music

>those two wires stretched to shit
TRIGGERED

>tfw my own business
>make my own hours
>commute strictly during non peak hrs

feels great to no longer be a hamster spinning on the giant wheel of fuck n shit

>tfw lie on internet
>tfw lie to strangers
>tfw nothing i type here matters
>lie anyway

>that cat stretched to shit in OP

>this jelly

>work nights
>Commute into city while everyone is leaving
>out-bound lanes always stuffed full of traffic
>minimal traffic in my lanes
>speed home doing 70 in 35s because get out at 1:30 am

It's okay.

>complaining about traffic on a short commute
I commute 100 miles a day for work and school, but there's no traffic since it's 90% highway driving. Who else /puttingmileson/ here?

Now that I think about it, I'm glad it's not the other way around. There's something satisfying about seeing the odometer increase by a lot in a short amount of time.

I am /puttingonmiles/. Since july my odometer jumped from 0 to 7k

60k miles since March 2015 on 2015 Sentra. Work 48 miles from home, not bad but with traffic it's an 1.5 hour commute.

This "most miles in short amount of time" thread now.