Britfags

Britfags

Any advice for getting cheap car insurance? I'm over 25, been a named driver for over 3 years on my moms car with no claims and just bought my first car with a fairly low band. I'm still getting raped on prices, even on comparison sites. Also, the cheapest quotes are from companies with horrendous reviews and terms etc.

I accept my first year or 2 is going to be pricey and just hope I can build up some No Claims. But is there any way to reduce the fucking cost?

Other urls found in this thread:

uswitch.com/car-insurance/where-to-park-for-cheaper-car-insurance/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bite the bullet and go on your own name. As your 25, it'll be a bit cheaper. Good luck

Yeah thats what I'm trying to do, get insured in my own name for the first time. Average quote is still £600-700+ before breakdown cover.

Car only cost 2 grand

How much you paying and for what car?

Get a better job, that's nothing.

>Any advice for getting cheap car insurance?

Move. I promise your post code is fucking you over but there isn't much you can do about that. I paid £750 at 18 with no NCD and now that I'm 23 with 4 years NCD I pay a little under £250. Country life innit.

That's pretty cheap. Can't wait until my insurance goes down to around that after a years driving.

I drive a Corsa C 1.2 I bought for £800. My insurance is around £1800 this year.

I was too dumb of a NEET a few years ago to realise I could have learnt to drive earlier and not drive until I could afford a car and my insurance be cheaper.

Problem is, I currently live in a well off area with no crime. In a couple of months I'm moving to a shithole area on the other side of town.

Put your mum on as a named driver.
Car locked in garage overnight.

That's good for no no-claims.
DO NOT GET BREAKDOWN COVER THROUGH THE INSURER.
I cannot stress this enough. They can refuse your ass when it's unprofitable, and leave you there. Go with Green Flag, the AA, or RAC instead of whatever two-bit subcontractor they want to give you.

Also, don't hit anything or get speeding tickets for the next 5 years.
I did both last year, and got gouged this year for the renewal.

>age 25
>complaining about £600 insurance

Fucksake OP
At age 19 it cost me £2,200 to get a 1.4L Renault Megane insured.
In 10years I have probably paid close to £13,000 for car insurance and most of that came in the first 5 years, but it came down dramatically when I turned 25 as it was all under my own name with 0 accidents

>car locked in garage overnight.

That will increase the insurance. Risk of damage as the walls or door is hit.

Just say it's on a drive, though ensure there is a drive at the property, as insurance companies now check street view to see if there is a drive or not

I read parking on street weirdly can cost less. More chance of keys being stolen from house if thieves know where the car owner lives. If car has alarm and immobiliser, no fucker is going to steal it in a decent area

There are insurance companies that let you earn no claims discounts as a named driver providing you start your own policy with the same company.

Which they will then gouge you to shit on, because you have no choice.

Maybe in the United States of Shitty Drivers. Actually decreases mine, because cars are more likely to be damaged by someone else than by your parking, here.

> Park car in street
> Cunt reverses into it and drives off

Otherwise, if you can't afford nearly a grand a year insurance on a car, get a motorbike. For a 125cc, I paid a whopping £17 tax, and £250 fully comp on the insurance. A full tank is £15 right now.
But the whole 'two wheels and no roof' thing is a pain.

Wtf I've just insured my corsa C 1.2 for £980

I'm 23 and only passed last month

If you dont drive how do you expect your insurance to be cheaper as you wont be earning any NCB?

>Maybe in the United States of Shitty Drivers

I'm actually a Bong.

Compared quotes for a 1.4l 2010 Ford Fiesta owner living in a rural area in the South West. To compare quotes accurately, we used the same profile — a 30-year-old female admin assistant who has been driving for 5 years with no previous claims or convictions.

As expected, the cost of insuring a car parked on a driveway was lower than a car parked on the road. However, the cost for parking in a garage is actually slightly higher:

Road: £289.18
Driveway: £276.76
Garage: £291.22

uswitch.com/car-insurance/where-to-park-for-cheaper-car-insurance/

If I put down having as just having a licence for a year the insurance quotes go right down. Seems dumb and I expected to have to actually drive for it to get cheaper so I didn't bother learning to drive years ago.

Now I'm paying for that mistake.

Tfw under 25, had my license for 5 months and driving an r53 jcw with a reduced pulley and remap

>insurance companies hate him

Also live in a shit town in the north, no garage, and no parents

Where are all of you when the Brit/O/ threads happen that is my question

I could have got around that if I was a year younger and got a shitty box on my car with some young drivers insurance.

I live in a shit postcode to, lot of TWOCs and scumbags.

Buy a brand new car. Seems counterintuitive but I've seen it, a car worth 10 times more and twice the engine size but insurance was less.
I bought my car brand new when i got my licence, paying half what my friends do with ye olde banger corsas.

Why, you ask? Apparently insurance companies don't like it if you die in an accident. A new car is like walking around in a sterile bubble to them, supposedly meaning you won't die, so they will cut their prices even though the value of the car is greater.
Pretty stupid since so many cars have fallen in the same safety rating for years.

Source: local dealership told me after I got suspicious. Seems in line with my experiences too..

I went from a minimum street legal crash safety rating coupe to a new 1.6l 125hp 5star crash saftey 4 star rollover car. Plpd vs full coverage but my insurance went from $310 to $470 a month. Your post seems the opposite of whats true here