/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Other urls found in this thread:

libretro.com/index.php/introducing-vulkan-psx-renderer-for-beetlemednafen-psx/
dolphin-emu.org/blog/2016/12/01/dolphin-progress-report-november-2016/
github.com/libretro/dolphin/commits/master
github.com/libretro/dolphin
wiki.libretro.com/index.php?title=Beetle/Mednafen_PSX
reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/5h7ihg/dolphin_is_now_available_for_retroarch/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

will ra 1.4 have a ui that isn't shit

RECENT NEWS:
Libretro 1.4.0 soon.
Vulkan renderer is now available for use with mednafen-beetle (through retroarch). Nightly builds only, currently: libretro.com/index.php/introducing-vulkan-psx-renderer-for-beetlemednafen-psx/
Wii homebrew channel recently went open-source - this means Wii emulation will be easier or something: dolphin-emu.org/blog/2016/12/01/dolphin-progress-report-november-2016/

Will PS2 emulation ever have a sort of focus on increasing efficiency so that it runs better on shit machines (that are nonetheless orders of magnitude more powerful than a PS2) or am I invariably going to have to shell out for a new machine?

I mean, I plan to do so anyway but it's a bit disconcerting to think there's actually a system out there for which I can't download games with >99% certainty they'll work.

No. Gregory makes stuff that works for what he is rocking.
To be fair though, as long as you have something fairly decent you should be able to run most stuff at native.

This could actually be pretty cool someday. I love having box art for the games but the fact that every game i start maxes out sound regardless of my sound settings killed it and the lack of advanced user options is depressing.

get to it

lol dude you're funny

you wouldn't emulate a gf

I'm a Qt 3.14 expert ;^)

oh please i hope this fix the frame issue

Thanks

>>Why are you playing those games? I dropped Soul Edge very quickly for how clunky it was in comparison with Calibur. Surely you'd get better GG gameplay from something like XX^C+ if you still wanted something emulatable (ie. free).

In regards to Soul Edge, it's because I've always wanted to play it. Started the Soul series with Calibur II. As for the original Guilty Gear, I want to get used to how Arc System Works fighting games operate?

I think if you want to get used to GG then it'd be better to start with a newer game since there are tutorials and challenge modes to teach you bread and butter combos.

what am I missing out on here

Tetris clone it seems.

hawt

>posting that on a blue board

Hope you like prison

( . )( . )

You gonna call the cops?

Yea, they said they're on their way as soon as they're done emulating your mom

Is it normal for pcsx2 to crash whenever you try to adjust controller settings or boot?

No.
What build are you using and what specs?

>33 year old male
>emotionally tweets like a little girl

Just default latest version and I think it could be a driver issue but I'm not sure why since it was working a few hours ago.
I uninstalled my old ds3 driver(terrible idea in retrospect), installed scp, got a dozen crashes, got it working and now it just doesn't want to boot or even allow me to adjust anything.
I figured I'd try to reinstall but I don't want to lose my savestates so i figured if it's an easy fix it'd be better to ask.

you are but a little baby
watch
THIS:

(ctrl+alt+left arrow.)

explain why people do this

i'm not sure, I like my games sharp

the thing is that there are options for people to do what they want an play how they want and I think that's more important

sometimes i feel it makes my eyes hurt less in games where there are large areas of unbroken and garish color. the random muddiness helps a little.

because pixel art blending techniques look like shite without ntsc/crt filter/shaders

>not using xBrazil for everything

github.com/libretro/dolphin/commits/master

How long until they get bored with it like PPSSPP?

I use CRT-Royale because it's obvious that devs knew that their art was going to be stretched to 4:3 and not necessarily look fully square when the consumer was going to play them. That's why games with detailed pixel art tend to just look better that way.

Does killzone always run at like 15-30 percent on launch?

>CRT-Royale
Looks nice, but I don't want to touch RA.

RA is fine if you use a gamepad. God help you if you use a keyboard though, then it's unusable.

Gamepad, but a mouse is way preferable for editing settings.

Soon you can use your wiimotes with RA.

github.com/libretro/dolphin

Give your RA a wiggle.

>unusable

Z is cancel, X is confirm, arrow keys work just like you'd expect. So unusable.

Is there a way to get Z X back?

It's backspace and enter now.

Never used RetroArch, but want to try it for game boy/color/advance, SNES, N64, and PSX.
To a lesser extent maybe MAME and Sega. Im guessing it doesnt do 6th gen
I have no idea how to set up retroarch though. Is there a good noob friendly package?
Does higan require lots of processing power?

It's not too tricky, just get the bios pack from the wiki and you'll be good to go. Download the cores you want. For SNES I recommend BSNES-Mercury rather than regular BSNES. There are balanced and performance cores if your machine isn't packing enough power. I use balanced although I could probably do accuracy given that my PC is fairly good.

PJ64 is still better than anything retroarch is pushing for N64 but it's a damn sight less fiddly to get working via RA.

Are you saying it's less fiddlyvto setup pj64 via RA?
I'd heard mupen was okay, and theres some upcoming vulkan 64 emulator?

Less fiddly to set up frankenmupen or parallel (vulkan) via RA than it is to get plugins all set up for PJ64. RA just will not run certain N64 games though, so depending on what you want to play you may need to use PJ64.

Does anyone use frontends like hyperspin or launchbox? Which is best?

I use emulationstation. It's not the fanciest but it's easy to use and gets the job done.

Do mupen or vulkan work with that mouse injector like what 1964 uses for goldeneye and perfect dark?

No idea. I would guess at no.

Why was master system boxart so bad?

OH GOD I'M PLAYING ACE COMBAT 5 AGAIN AND IT WORKS ALMOST FLAWLESSLY AT 3 TIMES THE RESOLUTION
I HAVEN'T PLAYED IT FOR 12 YEARS

I believe it's a good change.

But they need to step up their ui for PC. Why its so hard to make one like dolphin/pj64/snes9x holy shit

I started downloading some cores in retroarch

After exiting out of it, when i go back into 'load core'i no longer have the option to download more of them. Wat do?

You go to update and then download cores or update cores or something like that.

thanks

is it only PSXR that has that fix for texture wobble?

Mednafen-beetle has it now too.

openemu

good/bad?

Has someone emulated The last story?
I get huge frame drops during the cutscenes :(

No

Is emugen RA's propaganda arm?

Also we had some nice economic discussion at the end of the last emugen

>AT 3 TIMES THE RESOLUTION
That just means you have a GPU

Wait, the PS2 Ace Combat games now work in hardware mode without the emulator screwing up graphical effects?

?

When people play princess maker, do they ever imagine they are the princess being made?

SP said bad, which means opposite. Normal GUI.

So if I win do I get to watch 8 bit animations of the sex, or am I supposed to get off to that single sprite?

I like it. It just werks.

Being Mac exclusive is naturally a limitation, though.

You underestimate the Japanese, Senpai.

Also for anyone who hasn't played it. Once you achieve boyfriend status and get the girl's ending she actually becomes your virtual girlfriend in real time on the DS. You're expected to take her on dates when she's not busy, You shouldn't miss her birthday either or forget to open your DS and spend time with the girl on holidays.

>6 months of dev build updates
>not one improvement that benefits the end user

Thanks, guys.

How the fuck do I get Mednafen working in Retroarch?

On your desktop should be a little trash can icon. You put mednafen and libretro and all the other non functional garbage in there, right click and choose "empty recycle bin".

wiki.libretro.com/index.php?title=Beetle/Mednafen_PSX

it's not gonna support native controllers just emulated with a hardcoded map that pleases SP.

DOA

Want to play Secret of Mana with 2 friends, what emu is the best for 3 man multiplayer?

T. ePSXe shill

You have 10 seconds to explain why you aren't using Launchbox instead of sitting there bitching about Retroarch's GUI. It's literally the best emulator frontend ever made.

Can it change settings on the fly?

I don't, I just hook that shit up to my crt tv

How authentic is it?

YOU
FUCKING
WHITE
MALE

dithering

Can you apply shaders in it?

no you can't do shit other than stare at covers and double click

Does anyone have the last working nightly for Retroarch Wii? I accidentally my whole Wii, and it's the only thing I'm missing.

So Higan and Mesen aren't supported by Launchbox? Guess what's going in the recycle bin next.

Then it's shit.
This is also listed as one of the features when you upgrade Launchbox to premium version with real money.

Ahahahaha

Fucking hell. All the people behind this deserve is a tree and a length of sturdy rope.

Is it normal that I get 20-30ish FPS in Shadow of Colossus?
i5-6400 cpu

why would i change the settings? What's wrong with the settings?

i'm poor and nobody has requested that a 0day group crack it yet apparently.
Last time i tested it, it was kinda sluggish compared to other fe's. dunno if that's changed or not.

That is emulating a daughteru, not a waifu

muh christians, ever the successful con artists.

anyone know someone in the warez scene? We should kick it up and get it cracked. It's no-joke the best fe out there right now.

It doesn't even have a shader support. How is it the best exactly?

good meme, but it even has shaders.

reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/5h7ihg/dolphin_is_now_available_for_retroarch/

rechel didnt die for this :(

roger would be proud.