CV

cheap old fwd car

Today i looked under my car and noticed both the left and right outer cv boots were ripped and fluids were visible.

1) Clean and re grease and replace just the boot
2) Buy new cheap assembly with axle from rock auto and hope it lasts 2 years

I do not hear constant noises when turning both ways however i hear a popcorn noise coming from the driver wheel when starting slow after a stop. So im not sure if their bad or not

not trying to get it rebuilt since thatll be expensive or get oem parts

2. Always 2

Clean and regrease every fall. Cost:$2.00. And fuck replacement boots with a piece of rusty rebar.

so 2 and just maintain every year. sounds good, hopefully i dont get some Chinese shit

I have a hard-on for showroom condition 80s and 90s shitboxes.

me too. idk what it is

All stock axles are Chinese at this point anyway. Dunno why you're worried about it.

No, just regrease your current axles. They can click for years before failure.

well shit two people saying different things

i think your right. think ima just do that and replace boots

>and replace boots
Those suck.

the originals are ripped, how to fix the ogs then?

I just swap the whole axle. My passenger one is ripped but no noises yet so I'm not even gonna mess with it. Even when they make noise they still have many many miles left on them.

tape hah?

so swap axle keep ripped boots

My aw11 started to misfire and what I think is antifreeze is coming out of the tail pipe. I think it's blown head gasket what else could it be? And is it a pain in the dick to do on a 4age if it is a head gasket?

I wouldn't even worry about it until it's making noises.

it does after moving from a stop. moves side to side when on free way sometimes kind of freeks me out. no noise when turning tho

I'd just get a new one then if it's doing that. It'd probably keep doing it with a new boot.

>moves side to side
Probably tie rod ends dude.