/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Defense is overrated edition

>News
MHXX is due out for 3DS in Japan on March 18.
Trailer 1: youtube.com/watch?v=5VV5-opm1TE
Trailer 2: youtube.com/watch?v=XiOBszkWCp0

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 (rage)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing
In 3U, Help! A, Lobby 9

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KvevaOnKyzs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

kill the meowstress

I approve of this edition.

Truly /trash/ is a gift to this world.

Arctic Ridge is proof that Monster Hunter has always been absolutely retarded.

The entrances to area 8 from areas 6 and 7 are fucking backwards.

Should Blade Oils stay after MHXX goes?

who gives a shit

it's still one of the better maps because the main areas to fight are relatively flat and not full of fucking ledges and slopes

Yes. They're good and make SnS fun.

I agree. Slopes, cliffs, and vines are shit and ruin any combat happening near them.

I fucking love how the target focus L button works

It centers the monster in the screen relative to the position of the camera instead of relative to the position of your character.

I literally fucking love it when i cant see shit cause the center of monster is behind my character and the camera decided "this works senpai" instead of the camera swiveling around and actually pointing the goddamn fucking camera towards the monster.

Like how did they playtest this game and think this wasnt fucking retarded? The single most frequent bug visible at least ten times per hunt and capcom shipped this garbage.

Almost every youtube and twitch stream featuring adept mode aleays has completely whiffed adept evades that run in the completely opposite direction of the monster because the camera focused incorrectly.

Why is monster hunter popular. How did it ever become popular. These fucking games just straight up do not work.

Japanese people are goddamn subhuman plebian apes for keeping this franchise afloat.

>"bug"
Baka white piggu go home!!

git gud

Its not stupid.
Its advanced!

Either buy a circle pad pro, use the New 3DS nipple, or suck it up, faggot.

Or stop playing and do something more interesting like take a nap

stupid jap sympathisizing cocksucker

Is MHO even good?

I need to tama !

>Is a soulless chinese knockoff even good?
I dunno, is it?

>Become Mizutsune
>Get hunted for your claws
>Don't even drop them

Yay! I kill the thread!

who else in here plays these games muted and just listens to music or podcasts? I do that with pretty much every game, but especially games like this with no spoken dialogue.

post the one with the moustache

I listen to Muslim lecture while playing the game

hnnnng

>Japan already hates MHXX
Surprise surprise

Thank god, I hope they boycott it and Ichinose gets fired.
And X(X) gets retconned.

>Ichinose gets fired
Trust me, you really don't want this.

What do they hate about it?

Why? Japan likes MHX and Ichinose is not directing MHXX. Also Japan is too much of a wuss to boycott. They didn't boycott when Tri was on Wii. A literal waggle console.

I'd rather have a slower stream of Tanabe games than the garbage that was X and P3rd. And certainly XX.
What's not to hate, literally the only good thing are returning monsters and the areas.

>SP Mode feels tacked on for the sake of it and provides little tangible benefit
>Difficulty feels like a kneejerk reaction to western complaints about X's lack of challenge
>new styles are gimmicky and inefficient

Doesn't matter, the new director is not making his own game, he's sucking on Ichinose's tits while pathetically trying to copy his garbage.
They didn't boycott Tri because besides the waggle meme it was actually good, just short on content.

What difficulty?

While Ichinose's titles aren't all that good (no MH game is actually good) they've still done a fuckton for the series in terms of polish and QOL changes.

monster hunter is fun

>They didn't boycott Tri because besides the waggle meme it was actually good, just short on content
So why was P3rd the best selling MH game ever? And by a longshot.

Demo players are already bitching at Valfalk being unfair, and the new top tier monsters like Ouma Diablos are being advertised as being as challenging as they could make them while still being beatable. Diablos in particular is referred to as being designed to allow for no opportunity to attack while enraged.

How is it unfair? It's just Gore

>They didn't boycott Tri because besides the waggle meme it was actually good
>started the villager request garbage
>bloated monster health pools
>two endgame armor sets and two endgame weapons
>MBG and lances were the only weapons used
>underwater
>new monsters were mostly awful
Tri was horrible.

Because not many people own a Wii, and not many people buy a console for a game.
You mean all that QOL Kaname added and they removed in X?

X's are bad, normal requests are fine.
Only 4 and 4U didn't have that and they died sub 2 with 2 people.
Nice hyperbole, if that's how you're going to be you can say the same for every game.
Wrong.
Love and hate, it's not fundamentally bad like 4th gen maps and their ledges and slopes everywhere.
Wrong.

No, I mean QOL like making LS, GL, DS and HH not horseshit, adding some personality to the gunner weapons, introducing the key quest based HR advancement system...

>Only 4 and 4U didn't have that
And F2
And FU
And P3rd

A million sales for Tri in Japan is a lot. See Tri was supposed to be boycotted because it's a betrayal to their fans; it's not on Playstation, hell not even a multiplat which what all publishers usually do when expanding. But it wasn't boycotted, a million fans caved in and bought Wiis to play Tri, and the next year P3rd was announced for PSP which is another platform change and abandonment, but yet wasn't boycotted also. Case in point, Japan is too pussy to boycott when it comes to MH at least.

Tri was one of the few where it's legitimately true, due to only having two endgame monsters, and then giving those endgame monsters purple sharpness weapons, which also forced you into the one good sharpness+1 set.

That's not QOL you fucktard.
And most of these fixes come from Kaname games.

I thought P3rd did all the weapon refinements

4 did, the only major improvements in P3rd were HH's.

What did MH4 add?

Much needed mobility to most weapons, the roll-slap to GS, the spin to DB, the R to spirit to LS, some hammer chains to improve speed and reduce downtime, etc.

The spin was one of the worst weapon additions ever, and Hammer actually ended up being clunkier after the changes than before.

OH WOW BASED KANAME

Seriously every new game or so adds new moves to weapons. Especially a new gen game. Get over yourself.

MHX is mostly liked in Japan because 4U still carried a bad name from being a rushed-out fixing job for the worst game in the franchise's history (MH4)

>muh director is better than your director
>meanwhile frontier director doesn't get credit but mainline copies everything from frontier

People using it wrong is not the move's problem, DB needed mobility.
Shows you've never played hammer, all those new R start points make it much more fluid than it's ever been.

Except those new moves serve a purpose, they're not just stronger attacks or flair.
I'm just going down 's route with the weapons.

But video games are haram

Every new attack "improve speed and reduce downtime".

>gets a few skills right
>gets how styles should be done
>gets QOL
>still does everything wrong especially monsters
???

What are some decent MonHun youtubers?

Except hammer didn't get attacks but combo points, like Swaxe could get morph points.

there arent any. gaijins moveset videos are nice, but everything else is obnoxious and a blight on the community.

I checked both 3dsiso, google, reddit, the ticket site, everything. Is there even a double cross demo out yet? I heard there was but can't find anything.

>nips hate XX because muh difficulty

>want to play male because gendum
>want to play female because waifufag

help

Monsters are the best part about frontier though. Plentiful, inexpensive and stylish.

This is why girl(male)s are the superior choice for everything.

Yeah, pre Black Rathian monsters were alright.

Why bother ruining MH when you can play GE, Toukiden, FW, PSO and all that generic anime crap when you clearly want generic anime crap?

>spin
>mistake
You made my day

Why did you MHGen?

*buy

>spin2win
>bad

DB was already top tier before the spin2win was added, all it did was invalidate the entire rest of the weapon's moveset and turn it into another "spam your best attack" weapon like everything else.
It was just another kneejerk buff after they overnerfed DB in MH4.

Nice samefagging

It differs in opinions

>check mh wiki
>the same update black rathian comes out has best boy rukodiora
Yeah fuck you

It does too damn much, that's why it's bad.
It single handedly ruined the entire weapon forever. MHX making it usable from idle in demon mode while nerfing archdemon mode just sealed the deal.

Because I didn't, I hacked it and still felt ripped off.
For shitters. The spin is only good for moving, a good DB user uses every single move whenever they need to be used, spamming the spin is the sign of a shitter, the equivalent of comboing with GS, if you spam anything it's the demon dance because the monster is constantly paralyzed or something.

Watch any competent DB speedrun, they're going to be hit&running with the spin and only using other moves during large openings.

They're not, they even use the single vertical slash.

The spin was a necessary evil for 4U, its ridiculously high speed made DB's usual playstyle unviable so they had to give it a spammable burst damage move to be able to keep up in 4U at all.

Yes, as followups to the spin to get in a bit more damage.

>I've never watched a TA
They use the demon dance like a GS, retard

You're thinking of Gen speedruns, not 4U.

No, I believe (You), really. (You)'re right. Don't let anyone tell (You) otherwise.

It has the same TTK as other weapon.

How would you fix MH's gameplay to not incentivize using only one or two of your weapon's moves?

Literally the only reason they spin instead of anything is because the opening is too short or the monster is moving- or they need to move.

Why? So that you get /mhg/ good boy points?

>because the opening is too short or the monster is moving- or they need to move
Which is pretty much all the time in 4U.

What?

Woah so many spins
youtube.com/watch?v=KvevaOnKyzs
They only "spin a lot" because the only TA you've watched is the Hellblade DB run.

Why would you? Figuring out how to best use your weapon's 1-2 best attacks is one of the core principles of MH.

If this is supposed to be proof that the spin2win isn't the centerpiece of 4th gen DB then you need to pick a different video.