Worst Smelling Automotive Fluids?

I just changed the gears out of my pigfat 2007 Mustang GT from 3.31s to 4.10s.

I realized the gear oil smelled very bad, almost like rotten eggs.

Hopefully I can get the smell out of my tiny garage.

Is there any automotive fluids that smell worse?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/ACDelco-10-4016-75W-90-Synthetic-Axle/dp/B000QGOX1A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Normal gear oil shouldn't smell bad.
BURNT gear oil is what smells.

Backseat cum puddles

The used condoms I left in your back seat. I didn't tie them up. Also dropped one into your air vents.

Fresh diff oil is nasty as fuck. Dat high sulfur content.

Whats a good brand for mtf? I hear good things about redline but wondering if you guys have any recommendations
Need gl-4 75w80

Redline is probably one of the best

stalube/crc makes some and NAPA carries it, if you want to find something locally.

Motorcraft

I love that sulfer smell
Punk bitch tripfag

This, the shit stinks regardless, the smell stays in your fucking nose for days regardless of how clean you are.

I bought redline for my car. No difference in shifting, when its cold it actually seems to grind for the first 1-3shifts with it. But no real improvements or issues with it

Supercharger oil.
Smells like dead bodies and shit.

Late 90s Subaru's that have a passenger front CV boot leak. The grease gets flung onto the exhaust manifold and it legitimately smells like a dead corpse.

Nissan ATF is pretty bad

use the grape scented stuff

Thanks brahs, will check those out

Is it for a t10 or something?

Back in high school auto shop I leaked antifreeze while I was rebuilding an engine with my friend. For some reason, I decided to spray AXE (LYNX for the euros on here) on it to mask the smell. The ensuing stench was the worst thing I have ever smelled in my entire life.

>pic related

Altima se-r 6 speed
Needs gl-4 and i don't wanna cheap out on it with generic autozone shite. Plus they sell the gl4/5 blends which potentially fugs up synchros

Get the OEM stuff if you can then.

I've got a G35 and I run this stuff in the trans.

Rear end calls for GL5 though, I have different stuff in the diff.

amazon.com/ACDelco-10-4016-75W-90-Synthetic-Axle/dp/B000QGOX1A

that's not a fucking shoop?

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH ACDELCO!?

+1 for redline, silences bullshit from noisy trans

>not running scented fluids

Poop in a pan and put it in your diff. Extra protection

>4.10 gears
Why? You'll be in 4th by the end of a fucking intersection. You could have just done something like 3.54s or something.

Deep gears like that work well with OD transmission

His Mustang is a POS with no low end torque and no high end HP, so might as well rip it for 30 feet.

king motorsports would like to have a word with you

6.33:1 Final drive for K-series (hondurr) transmissions

Are you kidding? Does your Honda redline at 5500? lol We're talking about a Shitstain here...

I've driven a 2010 GT 4.6 5 speed with 3.73:1 rear end. Shit has retardedly long gearing. You could do ~220km/h in 4th, something like that.

doing the math 4:10's probably aren't double batshit crazy. But you're right, its not a rev-to-9000 honda

This shit smells like badly burnt diff oil

I don't know about you but that shit stinks. Any time I'm behind someone running scented 2 smoke oils I fucking die on the inside.

Yes, my Mustang has the 3V 4.6, so it isn't really that fast or that exciting, and the gear ratios are very tall.

4.10s are typical of most non supercharged S197 Mustangs and somewhat boost its anemic 5 second 0-60

At highway speeds in 5th I am averaging 2700 RPM, which does not bother me much.

The gear oil i put in my truck didnt smell bad at all, Amsoil severe gear

Is that bad?

I think it is just the brand you get.

It's the high sulfur content of the gear oil that makes it smell, but perhaps certain types of synthetic oil would smell better(?)

Nice job being retarded, my 3/4 ton has 4.11's in the ass end with a fucking 3 speed trans, and I've topped that thing out at over 130mph, and it'll get 16mpg down the highway at 70 with a pallet of bricks in the bed.

it's also called AXE in Europe.