Its time for a car

I'm in the market for some wheels now and wanted to see what you guys thought. Basically I am a 25 y/o new in his career and want an excellent commuter with space and good mpg. Basically never thought I would say it but crossover territory. Thing is I love sports cars but really just need this for the aforementioned reasons. Issue is as we all know is these cars are purely utilitarian and serve no purpose aside from point a- b and to have loads of room for mother in laws and groceries .The one thing I want out of it is to give people a good impression about myself. i.e "this guy has his head on right". Hard mode...I would like this car to also give women a good impression about myself as I'm a bit older now and want to settle. Which crossover would give this impression. Honda hrv, Honda crv(both base) Chevy trax (base) Toyota corolla (mid trim). That's basically it . Feel free to add additional models I may have missed.

They are on a car so they really aren't bigger and dues to being heavier they get worse mpg.

What?

Impreza Wagon
Legacy/Outback Wagon
Forester

Turbo 4 or H6
2.5NA = you are a cuck

Op here. I'm coming from a Subaru actually. Sadly she will now only be my weekend car. Much love for my subie senpai.

With your goals; they're all the same and boring.

Hrv in 6 speed
Crv with awd
Fuck Toyota

mazda cx5 is the only crossover in that price range I'd buy tbhqh senpai

New model just came out too so you might be able to snag a deal on a 2016.5

you can also get manuel with cx5

sadly too expensive for me pal. Good choice though. I was digging the cx3 until I saw the price range for that segment.

Op here. Not getting a manual for this car.

Fffffffaaaggggg

K

You can probably get one lightly used for the price of an HR-V.

Enjoy your cuckvt faggot.

Mhmm. I will look into it. You sure though it will be cheaper than a used hrv...both hold value

K

Oh fuck I thought you were looking new. IDK then. But it would be a better choice overall.

Hrv are 20$K brand new and get the same mpg as a civic. Get that shit in your cuckvt and awd

What is your malfunction?

Are you upset?

lmao hardly. I'm genuinely interested in what your malfunction is.

My malfunction? You must be retarded.
CVT IS FUCKING GARBAGE. ESPECIALLY HONDAS CVT
I use to work at Honda so I can vouch. Driving a continuous variable transmission is so soul suckingly boring and demeaning it literally will make you rethink life.

Chill, he said he has a weekend car as well.
What's your budget op

You said used to work at Honda. This makes me wonder if your malfunction had anything to do with you having previously worked there. Was your leaving due to your malfunction or was it your decision?

Budget its about 12k. I'm looking for 2012 -2013 models. Its really a tight budget I know but its do-able

I seriously don't understand why you think something is wrong with me. I'm literally trying to stray you away from something that's garbage and shit because I use to fix and service said cars. but you act like I have a problem. Yeah it's your money. You want to buy a car to impress other people which is fucking stupid. You shouldn't care what other people think.

And if you must know I left Honda because it got slow around winter time. I was losing hours because I was going home early because of lack of work flow.

I'm 23 I have my own house. I have bills. I needed money to pay those things so I left to work for Subaru.

So what are you even on about?

12K can get you a good 2012-2013 vehicle

good ol Manuel

you will only get domestics, KIAs, or Nissans with that year range for your budget.

Lol thanks for the insightful comment retard

for sedans you can easily pick up Camcords at that price rance

Something is obviously wrong with you because you're having a hissy fit not because its bad (at least, not as far as you can seemingly specify) but because you think its boring. Dont pass off your opinion as fact, its making you look unstable.

You do realize their is nothing good about owning a cvt other than fuel economy.

Just buy a civic for 3k. Speak softly and carry a big bank account.

And what, performance wise, is bad? Specifically? I'm curious to see what is so world-rendingly bad now. Also, sounds like MPG is a big factor here, so youre not helping yourself much :/

You can get a used 2015 MKC for around 20

Op here. I was looking at local dealers and think I'm going to have to bump my price to 15k. I live in senior dense population nd a lot of people get rid of cars with virtually no miles

The CTS is a good choice too

Most Honda's cvt is a fixed gear transmission. Meaning if you put the pedal to the floor it revs to 4krpm and does not move past that until you let go of the pedal. If you put it in "s" mode it will rev to 6k then go back down once you release the pedal. You will hear it go "reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" transmission drone. There is nothing "performance" about it. It's a fucking cvt transmission dude. Subaru's cvt has the option of 6speed linertronic cvt with paddle shifter. Now Honda's have the paddle shifted gear cvts but they just aren't the same. It will "shift" for you if the rpm range is too high. While Subaru's let you redline.

So WTF is "not helping myself much" ?
If you want performance you get a big block v8 mated to a 6speed manual.

Get an x1

no

Automatic's just easier in traffic. No shame in it for your commuter.

I'd get a Lincoln towncar or the Mercury Grand Marquis. Great trunk space for the disconcerning businessman at a great price. Plus, it's one of the most reliable and cheapest modern cars to maintain, ever. Get 06+