Hatch is life

Alright guys we all know that 2017 is set up to be year of the hatch. 2017 gti face-lift, new wrx hatch coming back, the new supra is technically a lift back. HATCHES ARE IN BIG LEAGUE. Ford has 3 hot hatches, and now Chevy guys can enjoy the hatch life with the all new Chevy Cruze hatch rs. Its hot af with a 1.4 big turbo. American automakers are making tuner vehicles with factory bovs, holy shit guys I'm so happy.

Get into your car drive it to your local dealership and trade it in for a hot hatch for black friday bro.

HATCH
B
A
C
K

>tfw free hatch

>fiesta
>focus

What is the 3rd?

>1.4 big turbo
God damn it GM, just bring over the actually good version already. The one with the 270hp 2.0T. You know, the same engine as in the Opel Insignia/Buick Regal GS.
Speaking of the Regal GS, 2.8T option when?

Except they all suffer from shitty modern car design. Just buy an ep3 for 4-5k.

Fuck you OP

>driving a cuck car
I'll stick to my sedan and coupe.

>4-door hatchbacks

FoST
FiSt
FoRS

Took me a second too.

No fuck that gay shit, ep3 look like mini-minivans
Go ahead and try I'd murder you faggot

280hp*

i've been thinking the same thing.

I get it, offer the base model with 1.4T, but at least offer the motherfucker with a 2.0T

2.0Ts are cookie cutters right now. They throw them in everything for a reason.

I'm pretty set on dropping 15,000-18,000 on a GTI in the next few months

Bump

Nice Opel, Amerifag

I keep waiting for the 2.0T Cruze.
It's not like the engine isn't federalized for US emissions. You can get the LTG turbo in the Camaro, ATS, Regal and Verano, and it's an option on the upcoming Chevy Equinox mommy CUV

jesus christ murrifats you are always so behind
hothatches were ...well, hot for at least two decades in yurop

It's not that we were behind. We just about always had a variant available.The problem started in the 1970's for America. During the gas crunch, America was given their first taste of hatchbacks. This cemented the public's idea of hatchbacks as cheap, tinny, slow, featureless, and otherwise miserable economy cars that existed only for fuel economy reasons.

That led to sedans/saloons dominating the US market for said small cars for years. Just compare the amount of Honda Civic sedan to the amount of Honda Civic hatchbacks in the US.

The public perception left behind by the 70's didn't start to dissipate until 2004. In 2004 GM released the Korean built Aveo to the Americans and it was a hit, likely due to being under 10k new. The Aveo's success ignited other companies interest in the American hatchback market and within a few years we had the Honda Fit, Toyota Yaris, Toyota Matrix, Pontiac Vibe, Saturn Astra, and the Nissan Versa. The hatchback market has been expanding in America ever since.

The american Civics/Corollas always seemed so weird to me compared to the Euro/Jap ones.

>tfw Saturn never got the Astra OPC as the Astra Redline
Such a shame. Seriously, what is it with GM bringing over Opels and then just leaving the best engine option out?

The 2.0 Turbo in the Astra OPC wasn't US Federalized. They'd had had to switch it to the 2.0 Turbo LNF from the CObalt SS Turbo.
No the 2 4 cylinder engines weren't related. different engine families.
And yes, the LNF would've been great since it makes 20 more HP.

Does americanos get this?

No. We don't get any French cars, unless Bugatti counts.

Americans don't get:
Renault
Citroen
Peugeot
Opel/Vauxhall
Lada
Rover
MG

We never got the Fiat panda or any non-RWD Alfa Romeo from 1995 until now. Ironically, the Alfa Brera and 159 never made is stateside despite being designed for the American market.

Once you go hatch you never go back

>tfw no RS8
i'll never forgive ford for this

>Once you go hatch you never go fast

Hatches are fucking retarded and this trend needs to fall back to obscure Subarus only.

>fall back to obscure Subarus only

you think that subaru was the first hatch manufacturer?

or ....what the fuck is that even supposed to mean

Fun fact, the current Astra OPC uses an updated version of the LNF (called the LDK).

>getting the cruze hatchback

Just get the Chevy Sonic m8 it's way better

Gotta go fast

What is the fascination with hatches?

They are everywhere in the UK, and pretty boring to be honest. Not as refined or as nice inside as a saloon, back seats are bolt upright and crap, and most are 4cyl.

Why?

Noice

I disagree

Forgot pic.

Lots of room for their footprint, economical and nimble, I guess.

lmaopel

GOTTA GO FAAAAAST

VW Scirocco R, y/n?

>FWD
>VAG
>either of those ever