Absolutely
Everything.

Put the pushrod engine inside the car.

Push it off a cliff

$$$$$$$$

That's impossible

it still can't compete

You need the pullrod, pullrods faster.

>mfw running 8.5 second quarter miles with my street driver Buick GS with a supercharge LS1.

Can DOHCfags even compete?

gm will never win le mans

pushrods cant be fast

The same as an overhead cam engine

-cams
-compression
-better flowing head, intake and exhaust
-forced induction
-lighter weight
-more aggressive gearing

So lemme get this straight, a DOHC engine takes up more physical space than an OHV engine for its given displacement. A 5.7 OHV might have similar dimensions to a 4.0 DOHC.

However the DOHC heads flow better and yield more HP/L, since they can phase intake and exhaust cams differently with vvt and have 4 valves per cylinder and can incorporate variable lift and all that stuff

So at the core of this debate, it's a question of whether the extra displacement of an OHV is more valuable, or the extra air flow of DOHC

An LS V8 isn't much bigger than a Honda K20. I've seen both engines side by side on engine stands and I was shocked at how compact it was.

The question isn't DOHC vs OHV, the real question is why we all aren't tripping over ourselves for LS swaps

Pushrods still can't compete

Throw it in a trash can and roll it down a hill.
That should do the trick

no, it's strictly about shit posting

and don't have valve float

and weigh less

DOHC heads don't flow better in terms of raw cfm.
The added efficiency of extra valves (which can theoretically be applied to OHV as well, see: CX500) is what adds hp/l.
Pushrods can do fully independent VVT as well, see: Viper.
Pushrods can't do VVL as easily, but they're really easy to shut down cilinders on, by removing oil flow to the lifters and collapsing them.

In most practical cases, for the consumer, it's a matter of personal preference.
In most cases for manufacturers, they need to answer four questions:
>Is the engine in anything but a V configuration?
>Is my engine displacement limited?
>Are we worried about making our emissions goals?
>Do we want the engine to make over 8K RPM consistently under warranty (rule of thumb)?
If the answer to any of these questions S is yes, they should probably go for DOHC. If not, they should really consider a pushrod engine. Note that for both trucks and pony cars, the answer to all four questions is no, which means a manufacturer can use a single pushrod V8 layout for both lines of vehicles.

>DOHC doesn't have valve float
>Implying
It just happens at a different point.

>DOHC weighs less
As a rule of thumb, similar DOHC engjnes weigh more than their pushrod counterpartd per displacement, and producte roughly as much power per weight.

DOHC engines can still suffer from valve float and typically weigh more

dohc weighs less tho

>[Citation needed]
Three extra cams and (more importantly) their bearing surfaces add up to a bunch more weight.

>198 lbs
>500+ hp
lol, pushcuck is mad

>pullrods
>not gayrods

bump

Big displacement and big turbos