/bbg/ ─ Bloodborne General

Nightmare slain: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1syKnSKflHbFiGY4pXkfIeXoMa2Lp9X1aXyme2qaTen4/htmlview?sle=true#gid=1163029848
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

We should always strive to be good bbg

Yes, and be maniacal, murderous fanatics who find joy in killing those they do not like.

When are you actually supposed to use the tricked HMLS? It seems to be pretty fucking worthless compared to untricked R2 spam.

Whenever you want.

When you stop being a shitter and start having fun.

AWOOOOOOOOOOO

What? How does using effective moves make you a shitter?

Does the ps4 pro raise the framerates for bloodborne?

No.
Should put this in the OP seeing how often it's asked.

Gayyyyyy

>he fell for the ps4 pro meme

The carriage to Cainhurst will not appear while the Hemwick Witches are still alive. As soon as they're dead, you can trigger the carriage, even without reloading the area. What are the deep lore implications of this?

When you want to shoot shadowy lightwaves from space. It's pretty shit for R1 spam.

No. It improves the load times if you install an SSD, that's it.

I haven't yet :^)

At a guess, Cainhurst fucks aren't going to show up while "powerful" Church-affiliated fags are around, which I think the Witches are implied to be.

So your R1s, both tricked and untricked, are all complete shit?

At 50/25 with nourishings the tricked R1s do a lot of damage, but the R2s are the main attraction.

What's the best version of the Parasite, and where do you get the best gems for it? I have a bunch of radial cold gems, but only +50 scaling. I'm guessing Uncanny (radial/radial/triangle) is the best? Or is there a way to get good arcane waning gems?

Read the OP

But you could already put an SSD into an ordinary PS4

What's the point of a Pro then?

Another new console you'll be forced to by eventually.

>But you could already put an SSD into an ordinary PS4
You could, but it would barely improve the load times because of the internal bus. The Pro uses a better one so an SSD can make a difference.

which one has higher dps?
whirlgig L2
saw spear R1

Uncanny is the best version of the Parasite. A list of the best gems are in the first OP link, it's honestly a great resource. Just loo kunder the Korean gems section.

Supposed that I have 50/25 Str/Skl with 1 HA and 2x27.2s

did enb actually play OH on stream?
I guess twitch really did work for him eh

I think he only did one playthrough and it wasn't live

Why are they called korean gems? Because of all the time you'll spend farming it?

On a side note is it possible to make a tank build for co op? Like super high vitality and rally potential? Sounds like fun to me.

Does anyone want to run some chalice dungeons with me? I'm up to depth 3 ptu layer 3 and I'm lonely

>Because of all the time you'll spend farming it?
that's exactly it

>On a side note is it possible to make a tank build for co op?
someone post that image of the guy with 99vit and three clockwise metamorphosis runes

How bad are Korean gems anyway? I'm used to some pretty bad shit. Like, 1600 runs for one piece of equipment.

for the 27.2% physical damage up gems it usually takes maybe 30 minutes to an hour or so to get a couple of satisfactory ones

to get a good heavy abyssal it might take 1-2 hours

for the rarest shit like 31.5% bloodtinge it would take much longer, but I've never farmed those myself so I cant tell you

>Because of all the time you'll spend farming it?

Yep, it's in reference to Korean MMO players who grind like lunatics

And sort of, I have a 99vit, three clockwise metamorphosis rune characters, you will still get scaled down, and bosses hit hard regardless, but it's fun tanking some hits. It's not like Dark Souls where equipment numbers actually matter.

What kind of radials do I want for uncanny parasite? Nourishings?

Full arc

>Brainsuckers in Isz
>stand still and barely react while you stroll up and poke them to death

>Brainsuckers in the main game
>ayylmao magic missile spam from a mile away
>poise tank through anything
>gimme dat insight

Is 25str/50arc a good build for Logarius' wheel? I'm new to the game but I've fallen in love with this dumb wheel.

Yeah, get the lost variant with nourishing gems and you'll get ridiculous damage

Isn't the wheel just dash attack spam?

Best girl

Most weapons only use 1-2 attacks.

WHERE ARE THE SCURRYING BEASTS IN THE RESEARCH HALL?

Why are they not there?

>When you finally realize watchdog is one of those "play passively" bosses
No wonder I was dying so much

Bottom floor.

Save and quit.

There's two first thing when you enter, one slightly to the left when you walk in, and one further back on some steps leading into the poison water.

Everything is.

How do people even have fun with this game?

>not using the full potencial of your weaponfu moveset
When will this meme die?

By not spamming it, or by spamming it and winning more.

Because not everyone is a min-maxing lunatic

Is the amount of moves you use on a weapon the only source of fun you have?

Not playing by optimal viable builds and doing moves they enjoy with the weapons they like.

Because not everything is dash spam. Chikage's dash is pretty garbo unless you freeaim it, and even then its hit or miss.

That and dashspam isn't even the most effective way to PvP. It's a crutch for shitters to feel good.

>Not playing by optimal viable builds
Losing isn't fun

It's the other way around
Doing the same thing the same way is boring
Doing the same thing in different ways is """fun"""

Winning against these scrubs with 30 STR and 15 ARC is.

>You can get the tonsil stone in Hemwich
What

you can get it from any window after Rom

>you can get it from any window after Rom
wut
I haven't killed rom yet. Latest story progression boss I have killed is Amelia

You can get it at any windown after Amelia and after visiting the woods.

I know where they are, their just not there. I quit to title, closed the game, restarted my ps4, played offline, and I know for sure I didn't kill them. It's bullshit.

rom anyone? pass bbg

You can get it from any window after entering Woods. Even the little girl's.

before Rom*

Burgertown Rom? Where you ringin?

in chalice dungeon at lamp

SRRCing in m8, let's wreck that spider

Dank outfit mate

Thanks boys, rip gud hunta

Can someone pls help me kill the blood starved beast?

>Using hunter axe as a filler until I get the weapon I'm building around
>End up loving it
Whoa even the starter weapons are fun. So much better than Souls

You chose the right one, Axe is great.

Dodge left

Tried, he still one shots me

What level? Either way, dodge better.

They're all fantastic. Even if you're going str, try the saws too. They do work on str builds.

What NG cycle? Also, make sure you're actually dodging. You can get through the entire fight without getting hit once if you're competent enough to just dodge correctly to the left. It's nothing complicated.

Cleaver > Spear on STR builds

It literally is if you're using pic related. It even costs less stamina.

You're thinking of the Blades of Mercy, senpai.

ayy

Eh, I've found trick attack spam to work way better for me.

Both weapons share this trait, burial blade doesn't have it in the description though. Try testing yourself, it even makes the ping sound with the light streak. This is in both forms.

Dash bonus applies to tricked as well. It's even more spammable than r1 since it costs less stamina than a standing r1, including the cost of dashing.

How /bbg/ is my team?

need help with chalice keeper

pass: bbg

Beat the moon presence.
Question about ng+, will I keep the chalice dungeons I have up? I don't want to farm up the materials for them again, cause they were high level ones

>no Dhelmise
Leave

Cosmog x6

man I mean yeah theres a fishing hamlet but I dont even remember seeing any anchors there my dude. He's a cool ass guy though.
all the cosmic with none of the horror

Yes.
That's in the OP.

Cosmog x5 and a Gastly

So /bbg/, I'm finally starting to farm gems in earnest, and I'm a little lost as to what I'm actually looking for and feel like an idiot.

I'm looking to gem up an Uncanny Kos Parasite, I've been looking through this link docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1syKnSKflHbFiGY4pXkfIeXoMa2Lp9X1aXyme2qaTen4/htmlview?sle=true#gid=1163029848 for the highest numbers and anything to do with arc. Does the parasite just not have that high of damage in the first place or am I looking at the wrong stuff?

>I dont even remember seeing any anchors there my dude
I remember getting my shit pushed in by anchors many times

The Kos Parasite has low AR, but high attack modifiers.

1 Cold Radial from Pthumeru Elder, 1 23.1%+15 Arc Radial from Bone Ash Hunters in Isz, and a 27.2% Arc Triangle from Isz Watchers. Parasite has huge modifiers, so don't worry about the low AR. Don't use Flats unless you're only going for the L2 explosion for higher damage.

How much damage will the tricked moonlight sword actually do on a 50/25/25 build, vs the untricked mode? Besides memebeams.

tfw there are probably only 10 posters in this general

I need one of those cold radials mentioned in post You want to co-op and get some?