/xcg/ - XCOM General

Comfy Bradford Edition

Previous Mission: News:
1)Console Release of XCOM 2

2) Long War Studios has released the Long War Alien Pack:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=577474474

3) Julian Gollop is STILL working on his new game Phoenix Point. It's a turn-based tactical game with strategy elements, destructible terrain, geoscape and character progression. He was recently nterviewed by Eurogamer about it.
>phoenixpoint.info/
>eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-29-watch-we-ask-the-creator-of-xcom-about-his-next-game-phoenix-point

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

XCOM2 modlist, updated as of this thread!
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist!
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

Modlist Steam Collection - Contains 99% of the mods in the modlist:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756115171

Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p):
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN
Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

>EUROBEAT TO SLAY AYYS TO:
youtube.com/watch?v=wSad8K95A9M
youtube.com/watch?v=p3XBrimFPxI

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1481004915839.webm
ufopaedia.org/index.php/Country_Bonuses_(LW),
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Cyclops mod when

BATTLEMEME 1 PORTS WHEN

NEVER and for GOOD REASON!

A man can but dream

hopefully NEVER

pistols are NOT useful

Remember, we will be watching.

FINE

HELLRIEGEL PORT WHEN

Sir, this meme is way out of date. Get out of the car.

AM I BEING DETAINED?
AM I BEING DETAINED?

AM I BEING DETAINED? AM I BEING DETAINED?

pistols are useful

You didn't just reach my memes did you?

Holy shit I reinstalled the whole fucking game and I am still getting red screen flashes, no mods at all.

If you disable the nest mission you have to build the AH weapons yourself right? Do you have the ability from the start, or do you still have to wait for the scanning site?

Reinstalling the game probably didn't delete the config files. If the problem was anything related to mods it's probably still there, delete it and try again

VALKYRIA MODS WHEN?!

is that a pistol?

oh i'm so scared what are you going to do?

shoot my armor?

If you disable AH you have to build the weapons yourself and the Alien Rulers will randomly show up in your missions. Do not recommend unless you are looking for more of a challenge.

oh jesus christ I forgot entirely about the damn config file.

Nothin personnel kid, you shoulda kept your nose in the books.

I know that, that's not what I asked.

I think you can from the start.

Show me your A-team

Merry Christmas

and shitpost

A boy has the right to dream.

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1481004915839.webm

Well that didnt do fucking anything.

didnt these people die

>3rd or 4th mission
>large ufo, lands
>fight 3-4 chrysallids or outsiders
>7+ health or 10 health +regen

wtf

yes, to a man

I know you've probably already thought of it, but graphics drivers? Sounds like a likely culprit considering the game doesn't seem to be at fault. What OS are you on?

Win 7, I suspect the graphics drivers also, I did an update earlier today and maybe it installed incorrectly.

I have a lot of trouble with my graphics in general on this computer. 2 Nvidia cards in a raid set up that only works 20% of the time.

already reinstalling again right now btw

How did you hide the lower bar?

Console command, UIToggleVisibility specifically

Didn't do shit, best I can do now is to rollback to last week I think.

I had it working long enough to start a game though, restarted it because of the character dolls being stuck on the flight deck and then this shit happened.

Start with running DDU then reinstall your drivers, reinstalling them regularly doesn't do the trick

EXALT did nothing wrong

F

>EXALT did nothing
You're right about that.

Didn't do shit, still got this awful red flashing.

Alright, could you screencap it? If it shows up in screencaps it's probably the game fucking about, if not it could well be your GPU. I've had similiar problems due to a bad overclock, do you dabble in that?

>I've had similiar problems due to a bad overclock, do you dabble in that?

No, my graphics cards do have overheating problems though, I periodically get really annoying display driver crashes.

It doesnt show up in gameplay screenshots.

What temps are you getting ingame and on what card? XCOM2 gets my card relatively toasty too.

>>pistols are NOT useful

OK

I just found my practice target.

So many posts and not even once about a snek

>snekposters
Now there's a type of user I haven't seen in a long, long time

sneks are no good my dude

Starting LW for the first time, Australia's country bonus looks extremely good to me. Is Australia easy enough for the first time play? I googled and saw people recommending France and shit, but I don't care about them

What the hell are you talking about?

Dead sneks are great.

oops wrong picture

France is the indisputably best starting bonus, followed in order by Nigeria and Brazil. That being said all of them don't affect you enough to warrant picking something other than what you deem to be the most fun.

Except France. France is outlandishly broken.

Interesting fact: Bradford's voice pack doesn't seem to have a contingency for mind control. The true Bradford's mind is an impenetrable fortress.

how do i know you arent a collaborator

You just had to go an spoil it didn't you. why are there so few good xcom 2 fan-arts

none of us can draw

I regularly priorize the use of incendiary weapons on sneks and given the chance I ensure that the xeno piece of shit is given a proper cleansing.

Sorry to tell you m8, but Australia's bonus is meh, and the airgame is hell. As other user noted, France is best bonus. Also I can confirm Nigeria is fun because going fast is fun, but if you do it you will be ruined forever. Your soldiers will feel so slow if you don't have the mobility bonus. I start Nigeria every-time even though I really want to win and I know it's technically not the best.

I'm looking at ufopaedia.org/index.php/Country_Bonuses_(LW), this is correct for the current LW patch, right? Looking at these Australia seems most OP to me, unless ability points mean something other than what I think. How is Nigeria better than them if Australia can get +1 mobility and other stat?

TFTD remake when?
Under water levels
Anthropomorphic seahorses
Giant Molluscs

alright you check out for now

A grave oversssight on our part.

All soldiers have the same amount of ability points. Different stats cost different amounts of ability points and have minimum and maximum amounts, aimcap being 70, movement cap being 16 and so on. Whenever a soldier is generated, their points are spent randomly on different stats. In practice, 5 ability points will translate to a ridiculously tiny stat gain. It's still good because it might give you one extra mobility, three extra aim etc but it doesn't come anywhere near the big dogs. It's mid-high tier.

Killzone is broken as shit.

>mm those are some nice reinforcements it'd be a shame if something happened lmao
>one man ambushes

Well, we can't ssstop there.

Don't forget those points can go into something pretty worthless like defense.

One more possst. Remember, the aliens are your friendsss. They are there for your protection.

ALERT WE NEED XCOM PERSONNEL HERE SNEK BREACH

That's a thick snake.

I need to change someone's hairstyle or give them a helmet.

Rate

Fallout scavenger/10

So, looking at this, Russia's Roscosmos seems like one of the best fuckin bonuses around.

Satellites for days.

From last campaign, doing new one and hoping to get more sparks with the titan armor in it.

What classes are those? LW?

critted out of hard cover/10

Airgame is hell once again. Also your sat rushing is limited by your engineer count, satellite uplinks, and power, so take that into consideration.

>second from right
user, did you steal my operatorfu?

>all these operator characters

We need more tacticool characters, post 'em

>accidentally deleted my char with the flashlight duct taped to cooking pot

I got the general idea out of a screenshot here yes.
But she's burnt, not slashed, I swear.

Mine's a damn good fucking ranger. The shit she pulls off is amazing.

I got you, user

Probably wasn't my screenshot, I only posted mine two threads ago or so.

I've got a wide assortment of operatorfus.

Yes

Yeah long dong.

Of Long dong's classes Shinobi feels the weakest for me. Their main value is just as a scout and a forward observer. Assault is GOAT for cqc, sharpshooter is good, gunner is weaker than one of the smaller mod's gunner classes which was absurdly OP (You were basically an MG42 nest. Every suppression perk you can think of and every overwatch perk so you could shoot and kill 2 enemies on your turn, then because you didn't move go into overwatch and shoot and 1hit KO 3 more enemies.)

Ranger is infantry and is nice and reliable. Grenadier is Grenadier and solid.

An Elder once tried to mind control Bradford. He is now a carpet on the Commander's room

Even drunk Bradford?

the fact shinobi and assault couldn't alternatively use pistols kind of irritated me

the thing i liked most about the escalation scout class and luru's infantry/gunner classes was the inclusion of pistol sidearms, as well as the choice of sword.

often, while melee is cool, i feel pistols are pretty great with their close range bonus but don't require point blank range to benefit

Removing at the speed of death

What if Shinobi functioned more like the Rogue class from that other mod? Forward observer that can actually slap some debuffs on enemies/buffs on teammates without breaking concealment is very powerful, especially with a perk that reduces detection range.

REMOVE SNAKE

>train three wizards for the heck of it
>Never used them
>A-Team ACTUALLY takes wounds
>Landed UFO appears within seconds of scanning
>Have to take out a team of three wizards and 3 rangers
>"just take it low and slow user, they wont be bad, just take it low and slow"
>tfw brain magic

squad of 9 motherfuckers
shieldbears and shit

Here to shitpost about Long War again.

6th mission is a large, touched down UFO. Killed 16 aliens and at least 12+ more left to kill before I aborted that shitshow. Somehow this is more realistic, 6 soldiers with shitty weapons killing 30+ aliens than 4 soldiers steamrolling missions back to back. I'm fighting fucking chrysallids, outsiders with 10 health +regen, a dozen thin men and their shitty poison, and sectoids, and it hasn't even been long enough to even start researching laser weapons.

What the fuck, nerds.

>[ ] has read the readme

jock

Escalation, there you go. And yeah part of me wouldn't mind seeing pistols with ammo for all classes (or any without a sword) so you get that feeling of being able to respond if you are shit out of ammo. Fucking escalation gunner though that shit was pure sex in class form.

But I was always iffy on pathfinder/scout back in LW1 so I think it just doesn't jive with my class style. I tend to play like I do in a strategy game with a solid fat base of fire like I'm a WW1 general.

Considering ABA's thicc podd sizes I'm going to try and bee-line for a shogun or

oh

LW MECs as SPARKs mod doesn't have Shogun and archer yet.

That's nice.

PORT WHEN

XCOM 2 NEEDS XBOWS