sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/5891114448.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck tracks

youtube.com/watch?v=DcgKdBBqq4s

they look like silverback gorillas from the thumbnail on the catalog

>tfw no Arctic Truck-modded Hilux

Why even live?

>'The all new toyota harambe edition'

Dude my parents are moving to trysil, do you know any good places to "overland" or some place to sneak-offroad a bit?

They are? Hm, damn... not many folks move here these days

I'll ask a friend of mine who has been doing offroad and also a bit of overlanding, he'll know some good places where you can play around without fuckers snooping

Wtf. How did the old thread get archived so quickly?!

Anyway, here's baefu with truccfu

>D U R A T E C
>U
>R
>A
>T
>R
>A
>C
>S

I think there has been some spamming/flooding going on

>tay keeps a fucking tay calendar in his truck
wew lad

Don't have too many pics of the truck in the snow. Gotta change that this season.

That stance! Love this look. I wonder why it isn't it more popular outside the artic regions, mainly Iceland...

Oh that's why the catalog is so short and why my post was thought to be spam.
Darn. There goes those weird fight threads, too. ):

Anyway. Here's the best picture of the duratracs.

[spoiler]I TOLD YOU THAT WAS A RARE TAY. Y U MUST DEPRECIATE MUH TAY STOCKS[/spoiler]

oh you're coming with

Where on earth will I go with a non-lifted '03 on 245/70/16's?

We'll find out and ill yank you out if you get stuck

That'll be embarassing

I even managed to get stuck in the Ford Transit Courier I use at work yesterday... was inside the house of a "patient", and when I got out the front had slipped and turned a good 30 degrees downhill

Had to get pulled by a friend who lived closeby and his Pajero... oh the shame

Hah, nice.
I got stuck like this once. A dick came at me full speed on a narrow road so i had to put the car in the ditch to avoid a crash. Ended up 6 centimeters from a steel post right next to one of my fender flares, and a phone pole behind the bed. Couldnt move the car a millimeter or the car would have drifted in to the steel post and damaged the fender flare which costs like 9600 nok at arctic trucks painted and on the truck.. called viking to come pull me out instead .. now that was embarrassing.

Oh btw did you ever figure out if you knew "Geir" who worked on the bike paths on the mountain?

I've had to get my 2wd colorado get pulled out by my friend's acura TSX repeatedly

Once there were actually spectators...

Offroading on non-offroad capable vehicles makes you pay more attention to the bumps and ridges which I have found helped me a lot starting out.
With 4wd nowadays, I get too lazy and occasionally crazehhh

Aww, that must feel like shit - still, it wouldn't be worth risking the AT flare

Nope, must be one of the guys I havent met. I've been there mostly during weekends when they're off

Should I buy a 4Runner or a Lexus IS?

For me it's either one of em.

Lexus GX.

Age old question lads
Optima or Diehard?

Hey guys, so I might have the opportunity to trade my acura for another car. It's a 2002 Nissan pathfinder, with the 5 speed transmission and a vq35de. My only hesitation is that it has 172k miles, and burns a bit of oil.

My acura has 102k miles, is pretty much mint and has no problems. Dudes looking for something like my car for trade, but I feel like my car is worth a bit more than his. Do you think I should try to make this trade plus some cash? Or do you think I should avoid the
>Nissan

denver.craigslist.org/cto/5890668393.html

Optima if you have the cash

>Lexus GX
4runner

The Hardbody ended in '97 and Frontier's last generation (worth buying/ talking about) lasted until around 2004. One downside is then you'll have two very thirsty vehicles that both could be prone to rust.
Personally, I think that Nissan trade request would be nice if you can get $2000 off him but would not actively seek it out myself. ">Nissan"
doesn't apply here, though. Also looks to be a good oberlander but will be annoying to fix and jack up due to commercial availabilities.

One thing I'm going to add is I really, really like the aesthetic of larger old Nissan vehicles. 4 door SUV that looks like a 2 door is very appealing to the eye. If only they made it slightly more like the hard body... Ah well - at least it's not a fucking modern frontier.

$3800 could've bought that International Harvester Scout that I saw at my mech's yesterday.

>Being scared to scuff the paint a little
You sound a bit like a fag

ok bro

Howd you spend your thanksgiving, /org/?

I went shooting with my family and did some goofing off in the Taco

Eating a fuckload of food and hanging out at the beach. Went fishing two days ago tho.

>TFW ORG is moving so quickly that shit gets registered as spam.

that's a good feel

Thanks m8. I've always liked the look of these trucks, they were pretty cool. Parts should be easily available though, the vq35 was put in literally everything.

3.5L looks well enough to tow 5000lb so looks powerful enough. I reiterate, though: if you get a decent wad of cash out of the trade, you can easily do it to pay for gas OR you could flip the Nissan again since you somehow managed to get your Acura's new worth up to $5500.

I'm more worried about the body of the 02 Nissan. But not worried enough.

That's a nice wheel distance... It'd be a shame if someone...

[spoiler]STANCED IT (you could totally do it and still rock climb btw) [/spoiler]

>stanced

Pics of both wheels and axles or else you're a faggot

[spoiler]though, if you do, you'll be a stancefaggot... so. uh. yeah. i don't know where that puts us.[/spoiler]

>california
>shooting

Though I can't speak since
>canuckistan
>shooting

I'm mainly more jealous since we don't have vast amounts of crown land desert where there's no wind and 500yards of open area to empty unload 665 .223s in a minute.

Though I did just buy some tannerite I didn't know we could get up here. Maybe I'll use them to set up IED "jump boards" to eject my ATVs up in the air for maximum fun.
Or I could... not.

>Rust
>Colorado
We don't salt roads.

Yeah shooting here isn't the easiest thing, but I have plenty of family in the imperial valley (in between San Diego and Arizona) that know good spots where the sheriff won't hear us

>>>>>>>>>>

>be me
>be gifted 1995 K1500
>clutch is shit and goes out
>having it towed to a local shop
>retarded tow truck driver thinks to take the parking break off you have to put it in gear
>juuuust enough fluid left in the clutch to get it in gear
>puts key in ignition for some reason
>wont roll down ramp now
>starts to rock it back and forth
>truck starts up, takes off, hits pole
>pic related
>it was on camera, and the shop owner saw it
>AAA threatens to rip genitalia off towing company owner
>get my ass kissed so hard I have no need to toilet paper now.

Welp, I'm getting a new front end for free.
Also my ABS light keeps staying on, how worried should I be about this?

Chevys are bad about the parking brake pedal not coming up all the way causing the brake light to stay on.

Holy fuck please gief video. Also your face during the whole time.

That imagery makes up for the fact that other places don't needlessly salt their roads like we do in Onterrible cities (or oversalt, should be the word).

I remember you, Kanon! So I guess the clutch issue was fucked afterall, eh? What was wrong with it that needed fixing and how is the transmission?
Also, ABS light is probably a sensor issue. It could either be a sensor malfunction or brake line has some sort of minor malfunction with either parking or fluids. That's a hard one since ABS is a bitch to fix most of the time without paying more than $300.

ABS and Parking Brake light are two different things, user. They both look like they're sitting on top of a turtle shell but one says "ABS" on it and the other either has an exclamation mark or a red P. ABS is a yellowish orange turtle and Parking is a red turtle.

>International Harvester Scout
>$3800
Literally where? And how many miles?

>What was wrong with it that needed fixing and how is the transmission?

The mechanics opinion was that the pressure plate is failing, not the actual clutch.

This kinda makes sense to me since it wasn't slipping and makes the truck stall just fine like it should. Still, having to turn the engine off to put it into reverse then start it again kinda wireds me out.

Im hoping it is a bent clutch fork, or some thing minor like that. I'm going to have 4 weeks off from college soon I'll be fist deep in there working on it.

The transmission is pretty loud, but I think that is from previous owners not bolting on all the covers and foam insulation when they worked on it.

>That's a hard one since ABS is a bitch to fix most of the time
I fucking hate ABS, its so unnecessary, im not 16 and im not a woman I know how to apply the breaks.

Its just that the ABS light stays on and then sometimes the red break light comes on as well. Everything I know about breaks makes me shit my pants a bit when it happens.

Its a stupid expensive fender flare and I also think it has quite some delivery time, so I dont blame him

Could just be any of the transfer shafts anywhere along the drivetrain. My U-connectors in my Ranger are starting to fail which causes the majority of my transmission sounds and is quite common for truccs in general.
The best way to diganose an issue is get someone qualified to drive with you at 120 on the freeway and listen to the sounds (or explain it to them). Once they get unbearably loud, then it's time for a rebuilding of an axis or converter in the transmission or whatever the actual issue is.
I'll have that done come April in time for mudding season but it should be fine for now. There really isn't much you can do unless you know how to repair axles and have the equipment for it. How the fuck do you parallel park?!

The clutch issue sounds like something you can diagnose, though. Why bring it to the mechanic and drive it away in mildly shitty condition, anyway? Muh schekils?

I like the foot massage ABS gives me when I offroad.

Oh also, have you taken this thing offroading yet!? :D
I mean, in your current predicament, it might be wise to keep it off the trails (what with the annoying reverse issue) but yeah! Off roading!!

>How the fuck do you parallel park?!
>parallel parking
>in oklahoma
>ever

muh sides

Hey /org/
>TFW no van dwelling GF from Washington living with you in the winter
Going to be living in an SUV, will save up for a van so I can make it a 4x4.
Until then, what SUV should I get? Will be living in it for 3 years.
>Isuzu trooper
>Ford excursion
>Toyota 4runner
>Something else like a Subaru
Please specify year as well.
3k budget.
GO!

4runner, no competition. Most reliable and most support. Get a 2nd or 3rd gen one. easy to find in you price rang. 3rd gens are SUPER comfy inside as well, three of my friends own them and when we go on camping trips we don't bring tents, too fucking comfy inside.

here is a friends 3rd gen 96 4cyl 2wd 4runner. 3 inch suspension lift and no other mods.

fuck, forgot image

>2wd
I'm sorry, but no.
I need a 4x4 for the camping and fishing I want to bring my dad with :/

you can buy a 4x4, but so you know finding any 4x4 that is 3k and able to be lived out of is very difficult. Most SUV 4x4's are 6cyl, older generations of the 4runner (and toyotas 4x4 pickup) have 4wheeldrive with a 4cyl option, but these are more rare, and more beat from being used how you want to use it. Many of these 4cyl 4x4's are 4500 to 5000 in no rust or little rust condition. You have to keep in mind about how much more material and parts you pay for when getting a 4wheel drive car. I recommend you stray from suv's and look more at Toyota's Tacomas with a camper shell. Or Nissan's D-series trucks. (d21's or d20's) Here is an example of a newer Tacoma with problems for 3k. Hope this input helps you dude!

also get a manual, you will save a lot of money there too.

consider a
>GMC yukon
any year
>tahoe
any year
>bronco II
not really that big
>bronco
90's
>Explorer
early 2000's ones are xbox huge and super cheap. pretty reliable but shit budget.

why the fuck would you want to live in an SUV

>shit budget
shit gas mileage*

they get about 18 highway I think

who said i need a 4 cylinder? :/

cheaper, better mileage. in your situation it wouldn't make much sense to be paying so much more while trying to save for a van.

if you have to live in a car, you want something with space. a 4 runner really doesn't have much space.

trying to work with this guys shitty budget.

yeah dude, an Explorer would be fine, or a tahoe

>Hah, nice.
>I got stuck like this once. A dick came at me full speed on a narrow road so i had to put the car in the ditch to avoid a crash.
>Car in the ditch
>Car

Also consider any year Suburban. Sure, you lose a tiny bit of off road capability and maneuverability due to size but you make up for it even more in cargo capacity. Pic related is the inside of my "97 for reference.

Same can be said for the Excursion but they're still ridiculously expensive compared to Suburbans.

>putting shit on your 4x4 you're scared to scuff or crack

Might as well bought a civic

He is in a ditch. If he was to attempt getting out of there chances are he'd damage the flare and maybe even more, and as such I can see why he opted to get help. Its not like he is out on the trails or doing something were there is no option of rescue and where damage is to be expected - why would he cause damage when he had the option of recovering the car with no damage? Hell, a recovery costs way less than a new flare for those things

>cracking flares and potentially ripping it off monging around in the ditch because some mad memer on Veeky Forums is jealous of the arctic truck said so

yeah i dont think so :^)

>3k budget for a truck you plan to literally live out of
you have no sense of reality. there isnt a $3k truck out there that will meet all of your criteria and actually be be dependable enough to live out of.

plan to spend at least $5-6k and have at least another $1k on hand to baseline it and for extra parts.

This.
$3k is going to get you nothing but an utter shitbox that will need lots of repairs and maintenance. Wouldnt necessarily be a problem if you werent planning on making it your fucking house you dumb poorfag lmao.

>dat reaction
>why am i laughing so hard
Ah thats right. Because if I lived anywhere besides Alberta, my dad's 70s Bronco would still be drivable.

>We don't salt roads.
are you retarded? this is 100% false.
depends on the area but they either use that liquid chloride shit (even worse) or the same salt everyone else uses
kys

>heep wrongler renegay

They only throw down salt when there's ice forming on the road, and it's very little at that. Most of the time it's just sand.

I just bought an '86 with literally no underside or frame rust. If they salted the roads here like they do back east, it would have died a brown death long ago.

I have 13k, I'm just not going to spend 5-6k on a isuzu or some old chevy suburb or excurs that's 20+ yrs old and has 150k+ mi
sound terrible with money tbqh famalam

Why are you choosing and old isuzu if you have 13 000 to spend?
Suburban would be an otay get but you could get an base fee imported G-Wagon if you have another 2000-3000 with that money.

Yeah, don't get a Yukon.
Have a '96 SLT with the 5.7 Vortec
4x4 is shit and the gas is shittier.
Literally got stuck in about an inch of snow with ice underneath.

It throws off good heat though, and plenty of space but if you are gonna be living in it it's going to be spendy.

Pic Related, muh Yuk.

Not all of us drive piles of shit with AWD.

Duratec is god tier

I thought Yukons and Tahoes were 2 doors?
Also, aren't they on the same 1500 platform meaning they're just the K-series with a permanent top?

I mean, gas mileage is a good reason why to not like it but I've never heard of the offroad capabilities being "shit". Mainly just rust.

Also, I'm a fucking illiterate retard. Yeah, I misread the "not" in this post: If you plan on living out of something, a van might be a significantly better idea due to the ability to actually insulate them from both sound and temperature change.

I'm pretty sure they only sand the roads in Denver famalam

The GMC Yukon and Chevy Tahoe both share the same platform as the GMT400, so yes it does have the same chassis as a 90's C/K 1500. As far as im concerned the Tahoe and the Yukon have always had a 4 door/ 2 door option.

It's offroad capacities on the other hand, keep in mind the '96 Yukon 4 door 4x4 has a curb weight of 5,500 pounds while the '96 C/K 1500 extended cab has a curb weight of 4,057 pounds. In the C/K, in hairy offroad situations you can always add extra weight in the bed for more tire traction, while in the Yukon you are practically screwed (unless you throw in a bunch of sandbags by the wheel wells inside).

I was told it had something to do with the wheelbase in another thread, and center of gravity or something, but I doubt it since the Yukon/Tahoe share a frame. Perhaps it does have something to do with that.

Pic Related, sank in a small mud rut a week after I bought the Yukon.

Woops.
Not a week but like a month.

In my old 2wd Colorado, keeping the PSI 2-3 integers below manufacturer recommendations allowed me to offroad with okay efficiency (for a 2 wheel dribe trucc, anyway). Might be something to consider especially with a 2 ton, 2 story land battleship like yours.
Since it's GMC, I think it's an Admiral Sanchez class battleship named after the famous Admiral in its country of origin.

/shitpost

Centre of gravity does make sense but that doesn't explain why the Bronco is such a capable offroader given a much higher centre. Front heavy (65:35?), top heavy vehicles aren't the easiest to remove out of hair situations, especially when they weighs two tonnes.

Though, let's not prove a point and possibly confirm our guesses incorrectly. FX trims (and the GM / Chebby equivalent that I'm too drunk to remember right now... CZ? AK? M4? Something like that) on Ferds are angled so that the rear axle is slightly put towards the centre allowing for a larger bed sag. This allows less to and carry rating but a more capable offroad. They either do this or do something with the weight and suspension.
This is also how modern Suburbans (and the shitty Ferd competition) allows for a "capable" offroader.

TL;DR. It could just be the design of the axles and that would be my guess. You're right sandbags could help (I use cinderblocks with some wood to keep them in place) but on a 2 tonne vehicle with a tow capacity of 6000lbs *, I don't think it'd really make that big of a difference.

*(i couldn't find the figure of the Yukon tow for that year so I just took the K1500 off memory and subtracted 1000lb from it)

Wow. Must be some strong power sanders. I can't even sand the rust off my shed without wanting to kill myself from the screeching.

Does a manual really make that big of a difference offroad?

yeah, kinda doesn't matter though. I drive a manual offroad, but mostly because I wanted slightly better mileage and more fun.

All I'm really going to do is logging roads and light over landing and auto's are 2/3 the price of manuals..

that's odd, because usually manuals are much cheaper than an auto. Being that they use less moving parts and less material.

The PNW market is different, everyone who knows anything knows that manuals are superior

Browsing some 4x4's on craigslist, noticed this.
>OJ bronco
I kek'd

sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/5891114448.html
found what you need bro, the 3k landrover.

I'm going to start saving up for a Cherokee XJ for serious off roading, starting next year. The liberty is lots of fun, but I'd like to move on from IFS to solid axle

Anything I should have on mind when I start saving and looking?
>good parts and accessories
>what year of XJ is best year
>does it actually look like an XJ?
etc

>Lanb Ober Discobery II
>2000s
>automatic
>V8
The maintenance fees and gas would be ridiculous for living out of. It might even be cheaper to put a portable petrol generator on the roof to power your life instead of using the V8 + battery.

maybe a lift kit or a disk spacer. roof rack. where do you live might determine coolant / rust system
Any year before 2006
what do you mean look like an XJ?
Good for you for solid axle upgrade - what do you have right now?

>what do you mean look like an XJ?
joke about flowcharts
>does it look like an xj
>no
>try again

>Good for you for solid axle upgrade - what do you have right now?
the liberty in the pic and pic related

The plan is to use the Liberty as a dd but the Cherokee for desert fun and when I don't feel like liberty for the day

>made an appointment to check out the nissan
let's hope he doesn't sell it. He really wants the acura, and I want to test out the frontier.

this is new to me, I have never seen it in denver my entire life but I could be wrong.

This confuzzles me ):
I think it looks like an XJ. I don't know, user. This is hurting my head.

Why not get a TJ for desert crawling. Those big tyres go vroooooohoooom psssssst and spits sand everywhere!

D'uhhh-

literally what

What's your final drive? If you dial back the rear end and opt for less aggressive tires you can probably save some MPGs. My first burb had that motor and it ran very well. Only issue I ran into with that truck was the cat was starting to clog, or problems arising out of me beating the shit out of it, going overboard on trails. Which brings me to my next point...

I blew out my 4 wheel drive after sending the truck airborne. It was equipped with unsafely bald ROAD TIRES! I could still go more places than friends with lifted F150s and Jeeps with mud tires... It all comes down to technique. Granted, the burbs are bigger, and as such might have better weight balance, so I could be wrong...

A picture of my old suburban, to help keep this thread going. 41.5" PitBull rockers are tits!