Truckerfag Thread

"Alphonse Needs A Job" Edition

I can't be assed to find the copypasta since archives and mobile don't get along.

>tfw still a wageslave
>tfw cuckshedded
>tfw not even 44tonnes

Thinkin about truckin instead of that shitty job you have now?

Don't. It isn't any better.

>Don't quit that retail job to pursue making much better money after two years of making your bones doing otr, transitioning to specialty hauling or local work once insurance rates for your ass go down, it just isn't worth it.

555-come-on-now.

It's not that simple.

The jobs are being devalued more and more as time goes by. You can live in the cuckshed with dreams of buying your own truck but you still can never have a normal home life. Or you can do local and bust your ass for 10 years and try to get a nice local gig but those are getting more scarce uhless you play the corporate game perfectly and even then the money isn't nearly as good as it should be for somebody with years of experience in the trade.

There are so many shitty drivers in the industry now that they actually devalue the good ones.

You live in Florida. It's a human cesspool. Of course everything is shit down there.

The weather ain't bad. And if you aren't OTR then driving is all the same (minus a state income tax).

Seriously tho, fuck Alponse.

Just bureaucracy things

>we have 3 semis and like ~15 straight trucks
>busy christmas rush, every trucks fully utilised
>some yard monkey fucks the clutch brake on one of the semis
>I find it and report it to the ops manager
>he literally tells me that he's too busy for this shit right now and to put in some [bureaucratic repair form]
>tfw 33% of our semi bookings are going to get missed
>major customers like kmart, target etc
>truck sits for two days
>report it to him again
>he has a big rant about how nobody tells him anything and I should find the person who did it???
>truck ends up getting booked for next wednesday
>all yard operations and deliveries are fucked because this was also the only yard truck for nightshift to use, they're towing trailers around with forklifts

Those are the woes of our age, brot.

You can't honestly believe that sitting idly by with a shitty townie 9 to 5 job is better than at least trying to do something more fulfilling/profitable, even if the system is slanted against you.

>#JustFloridaThings

>Sun, gators, cubano sandwiches, meth and depressed soda delivery drivers

Any truck fagging jobs that let me work 40 hours a week? I'm not really looking to work more a week unless its on occasions.

i suppose you could break down a lot. but you best be expecting a 60-70 hr work week.

That's when you rent a Penske truck. We had like 5 of them over the summer because shitty old trucks were breaking down and the cheap new Internationals they bought to replace them were breaking down too.

Ehh, pick your battles. If I could do it over again (assuming no $150k and 4yrs for college) I would get down on a better trade like specialty mechanic or HVAC.

Depends on the company and location. I mentioned in the last thread how the Coke plant near us is trying to keep their drivers around 40hrs since they started paying them hourly and don't want to pay OT. If they work a few 12hr days, they will just tell them to stay home Thurs and Friday. But with jobs like this if you are making hourly, you normally want those 50hrs a week at least since that is where you make the money.

townie here. I pull 50-55 hour weeks consistently, paid by the hour. This may seem absurd given the company in this thread, but it's just too many hours to be at work. Fuck it. I miss so much social shit.

Plus because I start before, and finish after, business hours everyday, it's literally impossible to do like banking, specialty shopping, DMV stuff, etc.

I already made the mistake of working too much in my late teens/early 20s and missed some golden years when all my friends were still in town and fucking around in college.

I thought florida was full of old people waiting to die

%50 old people waiting to die
%25 snow birds clogging roads for 3 months/ year
%12.5 tourists
%12.5 methheads & rednecks

>If I could do it over again (assuming no $150k and 4yrs for college) I would get down on a better trade like specialty mechanic or HVAC.

You can always add mechanic since you have CDL, or add any other trade. Adult education is a thing.

I've been there with the 60hrs and I agree but that's why I would just take a personal day on a Monday like once a month.

And when you compare it to cuckshedding, they get a day or two a month to even be at home and see their family. Plus like I said before, most local jobs will be 50+ hrs a week. The companies pay a lot for equipment and trucks and they want them on the road for more than 6hrs a day. But if you ask around, you might find something. A lot of it is seasonal too where you may get 30hrs during the winter and 55hrs during the summer.

>Adult education is a thing.

nah just let him be sad and shitpost on 4chains

you are a faggot

>an faggot

Yeah Pepsi will pay some money towards tuition too. But when you become an adult and have bills to pay and responsibilities to take care of, it gets difficult to put that shit on hold for 4 years. Also I'm lazy.

you are a faggot

what the fuck, the previous thread was nowhere near the bump limit.

Alphonse I presume?

what the fuck am I looking at

A numale

Yeah I tried to save it at like 4:30am but it was already gone.

>an faggot*

long press on view thread in the archive and choose open in new tab. Itll open the thread rather than popping up a preview

Thx for the lumber last week, Canada. Saved me from the ineptitude of american auto workers not being able to tear down a machine with 2 days notice.

>driving is all the same
Except for the gorrilions of shitheads looking for a local job.

Flatbed usually has right around that many driving hours since you'll rarely break 2000 miles a week. Think of securement as exercise and line 4 isn't work anymore.

Old people need goods. That's a huge service industry supporting them and everyone around them, including construction, maintenance, healthcare, groundskeeping, automotive service, etc. Old folks don't go down to Florida broke, they're usually sitting on a few million to burn over a decade.

>tfw worked 4 days in the last two weeks
Must succ being a company cucc.

>implying adult education is full time
>implying trade certs are 4 year degrees

Still considering that delivery driver job.

> 3 people helping in my warehouse
> They spend half the time doing nothing
> Constant clutter
> 2/3 of my time is spent clearing up after their asses
> Meant to have a fourth person starting today
> Former employee that apparently kept no-showing and got fired
> Leopards don't change spots, he no-showed on his first day.
> My morning of viking metal was derailed by instructions to piss off a team leader
> I refused to play '10 hours of epic sax guy' and run wi-fi and bluetooth at the same time
> Instead, wierd japanese shit, folk metal, Babymetal, and obscure 70s/80s shit I had on my phone's SD card for some reason
> Idiot leaves a bunch of shit behind, sic all the managers on him before going on break
> In at 5AM because black friday

I'm seriously considering ditching it for a driving job. 20k a year instead of 14-15, show up between 8 and 9, load the van and go, come back, load the van again, go again.
Fewer shithead customers, I get to blast metal in the van all day, much less walking.
Downside is that I know damn well that without me fighting entropy, the warehouse system would fall the fuck apart.

Fighting the Entropy sounds like a band name.

good, let it. you aren't doing them any favors by keeping it working. let them roll around in their own filth.

>implying you aren't a nu male

Fuck off Justin.

>tfw havent worked for the last 2 months due to broken ankle sustained from outside of work
>still getting paid

Cumpany cuck lyfe yo!

>tfw you fell for the local driver meme

not really, i don't know of anyone working less than 50. i cracked 60 on the reg logging.
what border did ya go through? if kingsgate i'm surprised they didn't pick your ass apart at the yak scale. might be time for a new rig bud

>TFW I haven't made less that 70k a year in the past nine years doing oilfield work on a fifteen and six schedule

Dolla dolla bills yo. No big deal.

I know local guys that deliver fuel or propane up where I live in Hockey Territory that make around 100k a year and are home every night.

Since when were you doing Canada loads? I would think the whole border crossing thing is not conductive to making profits.

Fuck Indiana Jack that old faggot. Used to be a comfy YouTuber to watch and now all he does is Pilot J commercials. If I see him I'm gonna give him a dirty look and say nothing

>go to inspect our Kenworth before we sign the short lease next week
>literally a metric shit ton of stuff wrong with it
>turns out was a company truck
>driver didn't know what the word "maintenance" meant
>mfw Prime is going to pay for all of it to be fixed before we sign the papers
>mfw finally own my dream cuckshed
>inb4 prime "lease" kek

We're going to rock this until May supposedly they are getting 579 condos by then.

the yak scale hadn't been open much lately as far as I'm aware. fuck, it was broken for like all of September lel

Based Indiana Jack. The pilot shilling is annoying but fuckit I'd take the money too. Still better than Allie and her dumb dog.

>leasing another truck
Can't fix stupid

>Described audio for the visually impaired

Show us a picture of your new junker, for fucks sake.

How does a trucker get into front office home every day type of work at the carrier they drive for? Is it seniority? Can I just ask?

I want to be home every day but still make ~$3,000 a month after taxes. My only experience is in trucking and I have a GED. What do? I don't want to be a local driver. Fuck that no life slave shit up at 5AM home by 8PM. I want a normal 9-5 office job that pays well.

How do I become a fleet manager or something?

I always thought Allie was a lesbian until I saw her at a trucking show. She's a huge slut. Each day she was hanging all over a different guy and they were covered in hickeys.

>gonna run out of hours an hour or 2 from home
>tfw paper log sheets

id really hate to be you cucks with electronic logs. my ass is sleeping at home tonight

Larger companies forbid that type of transfer.

That nigga is still comfy as fuck t b h. FAm

most mega corps dont allow that. they dont want the office to be sympathetic to the driver. they want the office to treat them like numbers and not people.

Meanwhile at Skyline, my dispatcher is a former driver with decades on the road.

Isn't there one mega flatbed company that requires you to drive for them before moving up to office positions?

Also, I don't work for a mega. Well I guess Averitt isn't a mega.

How much is. 50cpm a year

times it by how many miles you drive that year and youll know

Got my load of whey going to Veeky Forums. Wish me luck.

How many of you are prepared for the inevitable cuckening that will occur when autonomous semi's arrive?

You have like 10 years if I had to guess.

$65K at driving 2,500 miles a week. It'll probably be around $70-75K after accessory pay and stuff if you're flatbed.

They are already here. Autonomous trucks still require a driver. Driverless trucks are a few decades away.

This. No system is advanced enough to deal with daily road conditions.

*yet

*ever.

And even then, would people really buy them? 99% of the industry are

>Actually replying to it

God damn you people don't learn

Its not enough! Its never enough!

>I've slowly started to replace parts of my body with cybernetic replacement pieces, so by the time robots take over completely, I will be one of them.

Take my upboat on your way to the front page.

This. All it will take is one instance of an 80000 lb truck plowing into stopped traffic and killing a dozen people

>Implying that I know when the narwhal bacons

>leddit
>not a based imgurian
Pls no.

Imgur and reddit are both a shit

Thinking about applying to work at fedx pay is. 58cpm not bad

So long story short i have settled on trucking because i need something to do for 2-3 years and i have other various reasons that i think trucking would be a suitable vocation for the time being.....
>i have no experience
>I have no CDL
where do i start?
i was considering looking at companies that will train you, any suggestions/advice/(you)s would be very much appreciated.

i guess i should have stated that im 26, male, perfect driving record.
living in texas.

>Get loan
>Go to community college
>Get CDL
>Apply at company
>Become cuck driver

why not go LTL you tard?

youve got class A exerience, get on with fed ex or ABF or some boss ass home everyday shit

>sit in traffic
>on the same road
>every day

They're the same shit, different asshole.

Also, I'm banned from imgur for telling people how stupid they are. They don't like their groupthink being questioned.
Here, I can call you a cock-juggling thundercunt asshole faggotbotherer, but I can't discuss board mechanics or I get banned.

>mfw allie's new hairstyle

Cool meme bro, aint gonna happen. They won't trust a computer with dangerous goods. Far too many variables.

>he knows enough to know whatever that statement means

just leave

>had to deliver load yesterday
>dumb fuck florida drivers littering i95
>accident one after another from NC all the way to FL because 4wheelers have no concept of safe following distance
Thank god I didn't have to pick up anything today. I checked out traffic on google maps and it looks 100x worse than yesterday

I have to drive pic related for work. Am I a trucker now?

Find a cheap private school for

Veeky Forums is the land of make believe so why not, welcome to the club.

Fuck yeah! I haul groceries in that badboy!

What trucking job pays the most I want to make 70k+

walmart, ups, oilfield

Is there a difference between ups and fed ex

Yeah, logos.

pants

Put in your two years as a nub, recommend flatbed so you won't get comfy like I did here at Skyline. Get your own truck and trailer once you can buy it without financing and go drive for yourself and make 100k+ while being lazy half the year.

How do you guys feel about driving cars after being in a truck all day?
It sounds kinda faggoty but I'm on my way to getting my CDL but I'm afraid that I'll lose my interest in driving for fun.
Like mechanics not wanting to come home and work on their own vehicle.

Cyber make me.

Have a hilarious black people maymay while we're at it.

>The image viewing site you peruse is inferior to the image viewing site I peruse

Much like Veeky Forums, they're both filled to the brim with retards.

Parking lots terrify me. Soooo many 4 wheelers and any one might try to kill you at any second.

Are there any good 300w inverters? My Bestek was able to run my Xbox and monitor for awhile but recently it cuts power when I startup a game. At max power combined these two push maybe 80-100w so I don't see why it's been shutting off automatically.

If anything it makes me appreciate my car better. The seating position of a car just feels so much better (for doing car things). Think of it like wearing boots all day then putting on shoes. Nothing wrong with boots, but makes shoes feel nicer. I am questioning if I really want to get a manual car though.

shitty caps

>300w inverter
>good
Pick one. Unless you're shelling out closer to $1/w for a pure sine wave 100% duty cycle medical grade inverter they're pretty much all consumable goods.

Get a UPS bank with a 300w charger. Look for any DC power supplies you can find for your shit. If you aren't blowing 40-70% of your power input on DC-AC-DC conversion you won't burn through your batteries as fast.

In THAT? It's a fucking Renault. Do you work for Morrisons or something? Everyone else uses Mercedes or Iveco at the very least.

>SOON

My grandma drives on of those.

>The largest truck Europe has to offer

>on i40 yesterday in TN
>literally a wreck every 3 miles

Most were east bound though so they didn't affect me.