/blaz/ - BlazBlue General

Previous timeloop: Console Lobby password is always vidya
PC Lobby Naming Convention: /Blaz/ (Region) (East/West)

> NEWS
- Central Fiction is now available in Japan, the US and Europe, as are the Es and Mai DLCs.
- XBlaze Code Embryo, XBlaze Lost Memories, Calamity Trigger, Continuum Shift Extend, and Chronophantasma Extend are available on Steam.
- Blazblue Variable Heart, a new manga starring Mai, is currently being published.

> USEFUL LINKS
- BBCF Character info
pastebin.com/zVa2p4Q3
- Match Videos
pastebin.com/e119EKtk
- News, Guides, Combo Listings
dustloop.com/forums/
dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
- Story Stuff
blazblue.wikia.com/wiki/BlazBlue_Wiki
blazblue.kumodori.com/
- Other Media (Remix Heart, Variable Heart, Soundtracks, Bururaji, etc)
pastebin.com/eJRLZkYz
- Player List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PaARR543UOJHThsb4ly4Sr--0wj24yj1hoHpkEPmCjc/edit?pli=1#gid=0
-Frame data/hitbox viewer
boxdox-bb.dantarion.com
-/blaz/ Discord
discord.gg/DKTKFMg

Other urls found in this thread:

amatsumugi89.tumblr.com/post/154207647763/variable-heart-chapter-7-ragna-complains-that-even
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Good picture OP.

Welcome to the thread, please leave all shitposting at the door before entering.

WHERE
IS
SUSAN

I see Relius putting his wife to work, as usual.
Good man.

3rd for best BB waifu!

No, the Susanoo Unit can entirely kill someone's time, but Hihiirokane was passed down in Jubei's clan and can attack spiritual entities. Jin in the Susanoo Unit did use Hihiirokane near the end of CF though.

you can't run away from fighting forever

>fail
7th for best ass

Why doesn't Jin ever use the escalator of Justice?

Time Killer? It wouldn't have done any good against Terumi, and he needed to do something immediately. Time Killer takes a while to charge up.

Nah I mean this. It seems like all them kicks and shit Hakumen does isn't a quality of the Susanoo unit but just shit he does, so Jin should be able to too...right?

Ending the air dashes with the choice of a few different strikes with unique properties would be pretty rad.

I'm gonna be disappointed when this isn't how he actually plays.

>He can't punch through ribcage

Sure, especially if Hakumen's fighting style is an advanced form of Jin's, but Jin never got a real opportunity to fight in the Unit. He cuts Terumi and Ragna down with Hihiirokane, and then Trinity kicks him out when he's gearing up to fight Ragna.
>tfw they were too cheap to filter some of Jin's lines for this fight in story mode and have Ragna fight Jin in the Susanoo Unit initially

You need to remember that old Jin trained in Susanoo for a long time. Sure Jin can do them, but it's just not in his current repertoire.

Hihirokane's name is written with the kanji for Time-Killing Sword despite not really having any time related abilities.

cutest husband

amatsumugi89.tumblr.com/post/154207647763/variable-heart-chapter-7-ragna-complains-that-even

Summary of Variable Heart Ch. 7

>Makoto vs Jubei
Which beastkin's taken more dicks?

jubei

he's really good at it

Of course he's not going to kill the little girl, this isn't CT.

Where's all the activity

In your butt

/blaz/ blew its wad on no-pics. Still getting over a hundred unique posts.

>Ragna kicks Mai's ass, shrugs off Shiori's poison, and easily breaks Taro's wires
Excellent.

activity in general's picked up now that people started actually posting and talking instead of just going on about how we're about to die

might not be as fast as release CF but it's sustainable.

>and looks good doing it
For some reason I get the feeling this author has lots of experience drawing Ragna.

Reminder: 1 week until new episode.

The highest quality experience.

Well... you ain't wrong.

what's this?

The preview for ep5 of BruRaji D. I expect something to be announced.

It's a Bang popsicle.

HYPE

Remember when Maifag insisted she could pressure Hazama in CF?

>Can't even dent pre-calamity Trigger Ragna with a squad as backup.

oh shit. the 15th, right? do they usually announce stuff on these?

MY BOY'S FINALLY COMING

Ever since the second or third season they've been having these short preview things.

Yes, Taro.

Source

I'm surprised at 2 things. 1, Ragna doesn't remember Mai from something like this and 2, Mori remembered what an edgy asshole Ragna used to be before Continuum Shift slapped his shit with character development. Not alot of the fanbase remember Calamity Trigger Ragna, the Ragna who casually killed Bang, beat up carl and lashed out at Rachel and Jubei in one ending for saving him against Hakumen. After this event I'm certain Rachel or Jubei will show up and shit talk Ragna like they always do.

He does remember her
>ragna
>killing anyone
>ever

who the fuck played CT?

RETCONS.

Apparently, Ragna didn't even commit mass murder against the NOL branches now.

He doesn't according to when the Ragna announcer selects Mai.

desu the only thing I remember about CT Ragna was he was still a total softy and fed Tao and that he got stabbed by Nu. It's been so long I can't imagine him doing some of those things. Him killing anyone was retconned anyway.

And yet he does recognize her in the chapter, not immediately but he does

Just like how Noel no longer reverts to the mentality of a child as soon as you take her guns from her. Bolverk belonged to one of the ten sages originally, so why did it have a limit and how come when that limit broke it didn't affect bolverk at all? Noel wears them now but it's not like she can't summon them from thin space like before, Did Mori just want them on her so that he didn't have to worry about any upskirt shots?

CF takes almost 3 years later.

You think the word "maybe" indicates instance? You need to read a dictionary.

>her

The Ragna announcer voice does remember meeting Mai; he just doesn't remember exactly where he met her.

>her

Ragna playing the bad guy. I like it. I hope there will a really epic fight between Ragna and Taro in the next chapter, might make Taro more popular so that we can appear as a playable character in the future.

About Ragna's souleater. Even if he doesn't kill a person with it, doesn't he eat up part of their soul and steal years from their life or something when he uses it on people?

That's not what happened.

1. Ragna defeats Mai because he has more fighting experiencem because she is a little girl and because he has the azure.

2. Ragna isn't affected by poison because he is half a vampire, not because he is awesome.

3. Ragna doesn't break the thead, the azure does.

So Ragna wasn't awesome, it was his grimoire and the gift he was given by Rachel. Also, did you really expect a girl to defeat a guy here? Raga is being set up as a villain boss here. it is only natural that he is going to be overpowering.

I'm looking forward to Taro kicking his as in next chapter.

>really epic fight
He destroys Taro's strings easily, that cuts into a huge part of how Taro fights if he can't restrain Ragna.

Soul Eater basically just drains your current life force. You can die or be left weak from it but there hasn't been an indication that it takes years off your life. It doesn't seem to function like that.

I know you're trolling, but I want to point out that Ragna isn't half vampire. Even if the Azure Grimoire does all the heavy lifting for Ragna it's still his, it's like saying Hakumen can only beat others because of the Susanoo Unit. Get fucked.

Didn't Kokonoe make Mai not go with her friends just because her being around the azure grimore while being one herself was dangeorus? Ragna's actively used on soul eater on her here so hopefully when they finally meet Kokonoe we'll learn why exactly that is.

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting

No, there's no indication that Soul Eater does permanent damage unless it's used to kill someone. And there's no way that Taro, a character that was never even shown in the games when they had a prime opportunity to do so if they wanted in Remix Heart Gaiden, will be added to the games.

What you're saying is quite simply wrong. Ragna has a lot of experience after being trained by one of the Six Heroes and he has the strongest grimoire. However Mai isn't just "a little girl". She had trained to fight since childhood, has a Legacy Weapon and her body is a grimoire. Mai is able to put up much more of a fight than most people would be able to in that situation. Also Ragna isn't half-vampire and Taro is just a side-character who's a normal human with an Armagus that Ragna easily destroyed. If you think he'll be able to put up a fight you're delusional.

You sure? I was pretty sure I read somewhere that Ragna was made into a half-vampire back when he lost his arm.

Uses a weapon she isn't familiar with and can't even activate yet against a person that has bloodlust using a weapon that he is very familiar with. Yeah, like she ever had a chance here. That and Ragna is being set up as a stage boss here. We will see exactly how strong he is once he starts fight Taro.

Mai was setup so that she could be rescued by Taro, which is actually what most Maifans want to see.

He doesn't have to restrain him forever. Every time he restrains him he would force Ragna to break fre, allowing Taro plenty of opportunity t beat the crap out of the edgelord. There are plenty of ways to fight using strongs though read some manga and Chinese manwha where strings are used in battle and you will get an idea what Taro might be able to do.

Kokonoe said that she didn't know what would happen if Mai came into contact with the Azure grimoire and that Mai should stay away from Ragna to play it safe. She never said that something bad would happen. Mai came into contact with an Azure grimoire both when she fought Hazama and when she fought Ragna and absolutely nothing happened. Kokonoe was being overcautious.

>what most Maifans want to see.

Speak for yourself. Mai is the protagonist of this manga so I don't want to see her reduced to the role of damsel in distress. Facing a stronger opponent or losing a fight is fine since a protagonist shouldn't be invincible, but that doesn't mean that I want to see a side-character get all the glory. If anything I believe that this encounter will end with Ragna's conscience getting the better of him due to Bell triggering Saya flashbacks and he'll relent.

He was a vampire in that ONE ending that isn't the canon one.

t. Retarded Maifag

lol just shut up already
You don't even know HALF the shit you are talking about

Maybe Mai will temporarily have some of the Azure side effects?

We don't know that for sure. We just weren't shown any effects. Stuff like that could be retconned later though, showing the player that we just weren't told about it when it happened. Or maybe some trigger is needed for something to happen? We'll see.

Nah, if he is popular enough he could be added. Maybe not as a DLC, but if they make a new installment in the series he might be added in that one.

He was never a vampire. It's something people made up because of his red right eye and Rachel saying she bit him, but she only bit him once in her entire existence, and the right eye being red is because of the Azure Grimoire.

Mai might be trained since childhood, but she wasn't using a weapon she was familiar with. Remove Ragna's grimoire and they would probably be more evenly matched. But even if Mai was more skilled than Ragna, h would still have superior strength. Mai really is "just a little girl", no matter of her skill or the fact that she can soak up damage like a sponge... If Ragna pushed her to the ground she wouldn't be able to push him away.

As for taro, he might be a side-character but that doesn't man shit here. We haven't been shown how strong he is, rather we have been told that the reason why all assassination attempts against Jin has failed was because he was there to stop them. Tar o is supposed to be a badass, and it would be good for the manga.

Stop with that feminist bullshit please. There is nothing wrong with a girl being rescued by her love interest! Right now Mai hasn't learned how to properly use her spear. She would be a Mary Sue if she had defeated Ragna here. Mai being saved by Taro would allow their relationship to grow and then later in the manga she can return the favor when he is attacked.

There's no need for a bloody retcon. Kokonoe outright said she didn't know what would happen and was just being cautious. As every encounter Mai had with an Azure Grimoire has shown, literally nothing happened.

Taro is a side-character from two manga spinoffs. No way in hell he's popular; the fact they never bothered to bring him into the games even as an NPC when they had the chance is ample proof of that. There's no way that they'll have him appear in future games.

Mai might be trained since childhood, but she wasn't using a weapon she was familiar with. Remove Ragna's grimoire and they would probably be more evenly matched. But even if Mai was more skilled than Ragna, h would still have superior strength. Mai really is "just a little girl", no matter of her skill or the fact that she can soak up damage like a sponge... If Ragna pushed her to the ground she wouldn't be able to push him away.

As for taro, he might be a side-character but that doesn't man shit here. We haven't been shown how strong he is, rather we have been told that the reason why all assassination attempts against Jin has failed was because he was there to stop them. Tar o is supposed to be a badass, and it would be good for the manga.

Stop with that feminist bullshit please. There is nothing wrong with a girl being rescued by her love interest! Right now Mai hasn't learned how to properly use her spear. She would be a Mary Sue if she had defeated Ragna here. Mai being saved by Taro would allow their relationship to grow and then later in the manga she can return the favor when he is attacked.

You don't understand Mai's character at all,then. She's not somebody who can go it alone, she's not Ragna, she's more like Touya,Es and Celica, they need help and will always need help, Even Naoto needed help to put down Spinner and even then, Kiiro was the one to land the coup de grace there because Naoto had already passed out. Also, Es could not have defeated Freaks without Touya's help. Shit, even Ragna couldn't beat Susanoo without Jin and Trinity's help and even then after the fight he would of flat out died from Jin's attack and Terumi would of still won had it not been for Noel and her sisters pulling a last minute gamble on Ragna.

I stand corrected then about the vampire part. Thanks for telling me.

>There's no need for a bloody retcon.
Why can't we discuss Mai without everyone starting to cuss and calling the other person retard and other stuff?
Listen, I was talking about the effect that the Azure might have on Mai when somebody pointed out that nothing happened. I explained that something like that can be handled with a retcon.

>she

Remove Ragna's grimoire and he can barely kill a pack of seithr-mutated dogs. Missing an arm and an eye as well as his Drive cripples him.

Outseal teaches its user how to use it. Obviously Mai would get better by using it more, but she ought to be competent when using it. And I'm not saying that Mai ought to have won; what I'm saying is that having a side-character suddenly kicking the ass of someone who defeated the protagonist makes that protagonist seem useless.

PS: If the assassins Taro had fought were of Shiori's caliber then he wouldn't need to be that strong. Mai had been able to easily defeat both Shiori and Chachakaka while she was unarmed.

I never said that Mai should take all her opponents on her own. Getting help from others is fine, however having a side-character beating a major threat on their own is anticlimactic and makes the protagonist look bad.

As for your examples, Celica as in Phase Shift 2-4 was basically the Dr. Watson to Nine's Sherlock Holmes. She was there to observe other, more interesting people instead of doing anything herself. Touya still had a moment of glory when he put down Sechs and he was widely disliked because he had to stay back and rely on Es to defend him up to that point.

But he literally can only beat people because of the Susanoo unit-he literally can't fight without it

>but she ought to be competent when using it. And I'm not saying that Mai ought to have won; what I'm saying is that having a side-character suddenly kicking the ass of someone who defeated the protagonist makes that protagonist seem useless.
Why? This is the second time Mai has used that spear in story and the third time she's been in a real battle, I'm surprised she didn't get bodied in 1 attack from Ragna like Hazama did to her, Ragna's edgy as shit here considering he's willing to kill what looks like a kid just because he doesn't see her as a person and he's already fresh off of hacking 2 of Nu's bodies to pieces out of insanity and rage.

Yes, Mai is indeed the type of protagonist that gather hakama around her while Ragna is more of a lone wolf (even though he does team up with other people at times.)

But like I said, Mai has just received her spear. She doesn't even know how it works and why it is supposedly special. For instance, did we she her use ANY of the attacks she uses in the game? I'm not even talking about the drives, but even simple attacks such as her "poledancing" etc is absent here.

Mai is supposed to be weak at first so that she can grow stronger as the story progress. So naturally her sidekick Shiori and her love interest Taro will be more proficient

Mai had been on multiple real battles in RH and the academy did have the students engage in actual fights, such as when the girls had to defeat the Mountain Jellyfish. By the way, you're really mixing up the events of BB; Ragna has never gone to destroy Cauldrons at this point.

Fighting together with someone is different from getting bailed out by them, which is what you're suggesting. Mai was able to beat Shiori when she was unarmed in RH, so she's certainly stronger than her and I bet that she's stronger than Taro as well since he's a normal human who had to face human opponents, he hasn't shown any particularly great power and he just had his weapon easily trashed by his opponent.

tl;dr Mai really IS low tier waifubait

Collect your free wins!

Mai was bodied by Hazama because the plot demanded it. Not saying that she would have been able to handle him, but the reason why she was so easily defeated was so that she could be rescued by Kagura. That was the ONLY reason. If she hadn't been bodied, then Kagura showing up wouldn't have had as much impact.

>a side-character suddenly kicking the ass of someone who defeated the protagonist makes that protagonist seem useless.
But that is just because you equate side-character with mook. Look at Jubei, he was a side-character until we found out more about him and when we did turns out he is stroooong. Taro is mentioned to be very strong in Remix heart and we know he has had plenty of opportunity to fight and train with his ars magus. Sure he he told ragna that he wouldn't be able to cut the strings, but he might have said that in an attempt to stop Ragna from trying. Taro was the one that told Shiori to stay alert and that the fight wasn't over yet. Taro has some real battle experience here... Taro rescuing Mai is NOT strange. This is the START of the manga. Unless fighting a mook, how many protagonists in shonen manga do you see defeating boss level characters before having leveled up? How many manga have you sen where the fight is broken up and the protagonist is saved by the "cool big bro" or the "old master"? Only to much later into the manga surpass the master or the cool big bro? This doesn't make Mai look week. Only reason you think that is because of all the people talking shit about Mai and calling her weak.

>Shiori's caliber
Shiori was never weak and ChaCha seem to be on the same level as Taokaka.

>Mai was bodied by Hazama because the plot demanded it.
Just admit that Mai is pathetically weak and move on with your life already.

>Mai had been on multiple real battles in RH and the academy
Nope. Mai was put on bridal training. If she did normal fighting it is likely she choose a sword and a dagger since that were the weapons she summoned at the end of Remix Heart.

Mai does have real training, but not with Ars Magus. the fight against the jellyfish was just silly as the thing was nothing more than a silly trap.

When exactly did Ragna start attacking the Cauldrons? This was just after the Ikaruga war had ended.

>Fighting together with someone is different from getting bailed out by them
No, you get bailed out by them at the start of the manga. Mai can't grow if she is at the same level as an experienced Ars Magus user like Taro. Besides, who says that she wont help in the fight?

Did Mai really beat Shiori? That's not how I remember it. In their fight Shiori took an interest in Mai's skill and got accidantelly stabbed by her own weapon. The fight wasn't over but then Mai started worrying about Shiori. THIS was why the fight ended. Not because Shiori was defeated. Shiori stopped fighting Mai because she fell in love with the other girl.

Mai is weaker than the strongest characters in the setting. That doesn't make her weak.

>because the plot demanded it

Will you please stop harping on about that? Hazama is really strong and in that scene he was even stronger than normal. Your determination to consider scenes that don't fit your preconceptions are being somehow invalid is irritating. You're overestimating both Mai's and especially Taro's abilities.

>Mai was bodied by Hazama because the plot demanded it

i don't care if jubei's weaker than terumi as long as i get to sodomize him

>That doesn't make her weak.
Stop taking the bait.

>Will you please stop harping on about that?
No, this is actually an important thing that needs to be understood. Nobody is saying that she would have defeated Hazama or kept him abay regardless of the memes being posted.

What is important to note was that the whole scene was setup so that Kagura could save Mai.

Noel is being accosted by Hazama. Mai shows up to rescue her. Mai failing to do so just make the whole thing look a waste of time and retarded so why include it? Why introduce Mai by having her job to Hazama? Normally the opposite is supposed to happen? So why introduce a new character just to have them job to an old one that we ALREADY know is really powerful?

The reason is shown when Kagura shows up. The whole thing was setup so that Kagura could talk with Mai and drop some info filling the player in on what is going on. That and it was an expy for how Kagura showed up in Variable heart.

Please learn how to read.
I said that the scene was created because the plot demanded it. I never said she wouldn't have lost to Hazama anyway. Read the actual fighting scene again. It has Mai do a jump and then she gets attacked from behind by Hazama's chain. The fight was handled just as a "by the way". It was never meant to be a fight, it was meant to be a setup for Kagua to show up.

You don't remember what happened in RH but you act as if you have perfect knowledge about this just as with everything else. Makoto outright said that Mai did the same courses as all the other girls. Fighting seithr-mutated creatures was part of her curriculum.

And this fight ended when Mai disarmed Shiori and Chachakaka and stuck their own weapons at their bloody throats. She could have easily killed them if she wanted to.

Mai has already been shown to be a capable warrior and while Taro has experience there's no proof that he's particularly strong. Reducing her to a damsel in distress is a step back for her.

Mai could have talked to Kagura when she and Noel went to the NOL headquarters. That's literally where they were going. The plot didn't demand a rescue scene since they were going to meet anyway. Stop acting as if scenes that you don't like are somehow invalid.

mai can't beat the cock though

The fact Mai succumbed to cocklust and then accepted it was hot.

>she

>she

You're STILL here? How many months have you been at this shit? I remember you from before CF launched.

>She could have easily killed them if she wanted to.
Yes, that is called being sucker-punched. Shiori didn't have a chance to fight back in that fight much like how Mai didn't have a chance to fight back against Hazama when he caught her unaware with a sneak attack. Basing a characters strength on a scene where they are being caught like this is really unfair. Mai is strong, especially when fighting against her families own assassination techniques... because she knows how to best counter them and take advantage of openings. So Mai was Shiori's worst type of opponent because Mai could read all her moves.

>Reducing her to a damsel in distress is a step back for her.
Please stop with that feminist bullshit. Being saved by somebody does not make you a damsel in distress. Being saved by a person that has experience fighting with his Ars Magus does not make you weak.

>Mai could have talked to Kagura when she and Noel went to the NOL headquarters.
So after saving Noel, we should have been treated to a long scene where they travel to Kagura where Noel is then dropped off? That is ridiculous! The flow would have been destroyed if that had happened.

How stupid was this scene? Noel would never act like that

Nobody can beat the cock.

I'd love to see an:

instant_loss_2koma
hinpo ni wa katenakatta yo

with Mai Natsume. Imagine Mai saying something like: "I'll never let a dick like you hurt bell!"

Then it the next scene we see Mai in a matingpress with Ragna fucking her.

She couldn't beat the cock/dick.

Maybe she dropped her guns and reverted to the five-year-old that she is.

Even if we were to accept that Shiori lost because she didn't have a chance to react, Chachakaka admitted that Mai was too powerful for her to handle even when she was prepared. There's no evidence that Taro is particularly strong. The only time we saw him fight was against Jin and he couldn't do anything to him until Noel drew away his attention.

You do realize that they could have simply cut to Noel and Mai at the NOL headquarters, right? There's no need to show the characters slowly traveling there.

She nearly shits her pants when she comes across him in CS and has to be saved by Rachel.

chapter 6 link ever come out?

Unfortunately not.

>Ragna fucking her.
Fuck no, Ragna's dick is pure. Get some faceless man or Hazama to do it, Ragna's not gonna stick his dick in anyone let alone a book.