Nasty Diarrhea Paste

My old shitty car leaks coolant. So i bought some GREEN coolant and put it in, but i obviously was a retard and filled past the fill line.

Well i went to top it off again Wed cuz it was starting to overheat in drive thrus. Then i see this shit, and added a little more.

I had to drive three hours and thought i was gonna blow up.

Anyone kno what caused my green half antifreeze coolant to turn to diarrhea???

I was gonna take it to speedee to clean that shit off

Your head gaskets are done.

think ur cars dead mate

Shitters full

But why diarrhea paste?

Because the coolant has mixed with motor oil.

Yikes. Yeah appears done

Shitters clogged

Unfortunately, RIP ur car.

Looks like the coolant mixed with the motor oil, which indicates a blown headgasket.

>Damn! I've got a blown headgasket! I better sell my car! I am too poor to afford the $20 part, plus I am too stupid to fix it myself!
-Veeky Forumstists

>old shitty car
>fuel injected
>no disty
>pressurized coolant reservoir

Nobody said or implied anything about selling, you illiterate faggot.

From what is shown, it appears OP knows jack shit about cars.

Likely he would take it to a local mechanic, who will charge $1,000 in labor, plus his firstborn child.

everybody is saying the car is kill, so it kinda was implied moron

>broken cars can't be fixed and must be sold

lol

To be fair m8, if he's driven it this long like that his bearings could be toast from improper/inadequate lubrication.

kek

I kno nothing and it is 20 years old. It leaks oil and coolant. Ur saying i could just have it fixed cheaply

Fuck me I have never seen an engine shit itself like that, quite impressive actually. Normally you just get mayo looking sludge under the oil filler cap.

Does white smoke come out of the exhaust?

well, cheaply as far as parts go.

There's also the tiny little tidbit of hoisting a 300 pound engine out of the bay, stripping it down, remachining anything that may have broke, cracked, or been scratched, waiting on parts to return, and then reassembly.

So yeah, like $20 and an afternoon according to Veeky Forums.

The labor alone is more than the car is worth, so to me it's done

You don't have to pull the engine unless it's a transverse v6, or v8

>Your head gaskets are done
Maybe not. If OP mixed green+dexcool, that forms a gel that won't circulate.

If you're going to tear down the engine you may as well go all the way in, no way to tell if the head gasket didn't take anything else out with it on its way out.

Ask your mom about her boyfriend and if she likes it when he finishes halfway.

There isn't anything else a head gasket would "take out"
If coolant is in the oil enough to form a milkshake like that, the bearings are washed. That's it, New engine necessary.
A broken head gasket doesn't bend valves, or burn holes in pistons.
Pulling a head is nowhere near tearing down an engine.
Please learn about what you're talking about before spewing edgy shit on the internet.

let's play pity the fool here.

Head gasket means compromised coolant means overheating.
What does overheating do to an engine?

>I don't even know how to post a picture on Veeky Forums without screenshotting a screenshot that I screenshot, but I can fix a head gasket :-)
>t. Veeky Forums

2 months later on craigslist:
>Mechanics special, $20 part to fix, get it now before I fix it, I KNOW WHAT I GOT. Will trade for dragon dildo.

Compromised coolant =/= overheating
Any liquid dissipates heat. If it actually overheated, then the lack of suitable coolant caused the overheating, not the head gasket itself.
If a head gasket goes out, it doesn't take anything out along with it. Not caring for the engine causes problems at that point.
A blown head gasket will not cause additional problems unless it's left alone

>the bearings are washed. That's it, New engine necessary.
Unless the milkshake was formed by mixing incompatible coolants.

That "mud" isn't because of mixing coolant types. Its oil in the ciolant, frothed around by the water pump. The bearings are washed if he's been driving it like that.

I checked the manual i put in the right stuff and the bottle said all makes and models

>will trade for dragon dildo
Top kek you got me I r8 8/8 m8.

>the bottle said all makes and models
That's never true. If you mixed green into red, then you fucked up.

check the oil in the sump. If its anything but black oil or clean oil the heads definately fucked

Did you put cold water in your hot ass engine?

rust rust baby

The manual didnt say anything about color, but the ingridients were right...

No i did not

That shit looks kinda orange to me to be a milkshake. May very well be red + green, especially from OP's apparent coolant confusion

How should i kno wat color to get the manual lists nothing about color just e. Glycol + antifreeze

What color was leaking out before you started adding it?

It literally doesn't matter. OP says the manual states glycol and water, and it sounds like that's what he added.

Irrelevant. OP pull some oil out and see what it's like. Pretty sure bet you're fucked

>There isn't anything else a head gasket would "take out"
warp the head needing it to be machined
never ever just replace a headgasket. noob mechanic

The corrosion inhibitors are different and not compatible.

Corrosion inhibitors wouldn't do what is shown in OPs pic quickly enough for it to be a symptom of the current issue if at all.

The coolant is not the issue, the issue is a blown head gasket allowing oil to mix with the coolant.

No, no it wasn't implied. I've never heard someone say 'oh x is broken, better sell my car' unless they're talking about the country they reside in and its economy.

Then explain why there is no complaints about the oil.

Here.

OP himself said that he's a novice when it comes to cars, he probably didn't think to check it.

Forgive me for my ignorance, but how does that translate to 'time to sell my car'? Or did he say that earlier on?

>Drove three hours straight like that
>Engine was overheating
>"Engines don't overheat if you blow the headgasket"

Rofl

From what OP says car is a heap of shit and a new beater would be less of a nightmare than trying to fix whatever damage this blow + driving it in that condition for 3 hours has done.

TL;DR did OP say what the engine oil looks like yet?

The head gasket doesn't warp the head.
The head warping may cause a blown head gasket.
Get it right.

Washed bearings you say, gee have fun replacing those mains and crank bearings without an engine pull or clearing the block to make sure there's no lovely oil and water sludge mixture plugging any oil galleys or water jackets.

This thread once again proves the majority of Veeky Forums knows nothing.

>a blown head gasket causes engines to overheat
That doesn't make sense. The head gasket itself doesn't cool the engine. A lack of suitable coolant is what caused the engine to overheat.
Holy fuck, weebs have no idea of logic.

>pull oil pan
>not have access to main & rod bearings
Choose one

Am I the only one appreciating this post?

Because that's always an option, right? At bare minimum I have to undo motor mounts and transmission to hoist my engine up for the oil pan to clear the cross member. At that point its actually easier to just pull it and have much easier work ahead of me.

Are you legitimately retarded?

>But why diarrhea paste?

When motor oil mixes with both coolant and air in the radiator, it forms the classic diarrhea paste color. Air gets churned into it by the water pump. At your stage of problem, it is regarded as severe if you have been driving the car around through multiple overheating cycles. That is, it overheated, you waited to cool down, then you drove the car some more. Repeat for a week before finally coming to Veeky Forums and asking. If you caught the problem right away, then the damage is small or none as long as your oil has no water in it. So check your oil. If it has no water, then the car is repairable if it is still worth driving for you.

You have two approaches. One is DIY at home to avoid car fax and other databases from recording your car has this problem. Second is you have it fixed at a shop which of course lets car fax and other databases know which will affect your trade-in or resale value.

At home, you'll drain out both oil and coolant and then flush both systems before you open it up for manual cleaning and head gasket replacement. After fixing, you can sell the car on craig's list to some poor patsy or trade in to dealer for a newer car.

If you are unable to fix the headgasket on your own, then you can drain and replace the coolant and oil/filter on your own presumably. Put in thicker oil and that stop gasket leak temp repair stuff. Then sell or trade it.

Otherwise, you can repair it which typically means a flush at the shop plus headgasket replacement. Machining of the heads is included at some shops (since it is necessary) but most shops charge extra for that just to rip you off more.

>My old shitty car leaks coolant. So i bought some GREEN coolant and put it in, but i obviously was a retard and filled past the fill line.

What model car was this? Your owner's manual also says what type of coolant to put in. Post that instead of this namby pamby missing details post.

>I have no grasp on the concept of cause and effect