youtube.com/watch?v=2MDjgY8Vwgo

its over

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dclJNa55pGM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Material_selection
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

harbor freight is garbage and you know it poorfag

Ingersol Rand is best impact.

When the HF shits out half way through a job you'll wish you went for the skookum choocher.

Good enough for me, keep buying into the jew tool meme.

bro i am richer than you

love harbor freight only because i hate asians (including japanese) and i laugh knowing a bunch of jap kids put this shit together with no pay

>Not using based MAC Tools as per Nipponland specs
youtube.com/watch?v=dclJNa55pGM

This is dumb, harbor freight makes really good and really shit, read the reviews online for a good idea of which is which.
Their earthquake impacts are known to be good.
My friend has had one for about 10 years and we use the fuck out of it and it's still going strong as fuck.

Keep your lick in the mice

>not using a paoli dp6000 to do tire rotations

fucking poorfag amateurs

>Made by japanese people
You wish.

are you high?

>
embedembed

>10 years and we use the fuck out of it and it's still going strong as fuck.
>tfw encountering 50 and 60 year old tools that still work fine

>a bunch of jap kids put this shit together with no pay
I think you're a bit confused.

Is kobalt any good?

About as good as Husky.

Most retarded post today, good job

t. cletus-bob mchenry o'flanagan IV

reddit pls go

Best trip of this year

I really hope normies keep thinking this and shilling for their tool trucks.

Keeps the just as good shit cheap for me.

i own that exact snapon gun, its a HUGE waste of money and ive had to send it off already just out of warranty to have it rebuilt for 180$ because the vanes inside broke while i was taking a wheel off.

Seriously, you guys are WASTING YOUR MONEY. there is a good reason that there are so many snapon dealers that live in 1million dollar homes. its because you fuckholes are paying 500$ for a piece of shit tool that they mark up 50%.

>snapon BTFO

In my area, Harbor Freight has been running print ads comparing some of their product lines (such as Earthquake and their PRO series) to Snap-On and other high end tool brands. I guess HF senses there is blood in the water and if they can whittle away enough product sales, that will be enough to drive Snap-On out of the local market due to lack of volume of new tool sales.

I almost never see a Snap-On truck anymore and they don't come by my local chevy dealership. In fact, the dealership's techs use a lot of harbor freight tools and I've even seen harbor freight rolling tool boxes in there.

Sooner or later, Snap-On will be like all the other extinct species. Once they drop below a certain level, Snap-On cannot sustain its quality model and has to go to cheaper made quality tools. That or quit the business.

your strapon is weak fuc boi

>strap on
Naw nigga you gettin the real meat

>harbor freight
I'd rather not buy made in china power tools that have nuts and bolts hot glued in to give them weight

my dad is a master diagnostic tech, has been working at a dealership for 20+ yrs. he uses the harbor freight one, he said replacing a harbor freight one every now and then is cheaper than buying a snap on

your the one getting the hammer

Got ur hammer head right here buddy it's swingin

>le nurmies XDD
>they do the things that I do not do
Kill yourself fag. Do you really think ordinary people shell out hundreds of dollars on fucking sockets and drill bits? No bitch, they go to harbor freight and buy trash just like you
Then they go home and stream music on youtube just like you
Then go home and babysit their wife's son just like you
All because you cheaped out on your tools
>the people who buy expensive tools that last are the jews, not the ones who buy $5 torque wrenches at harbor freight
You heard it here first Veeky Forums

well that was counter productive

To be fair, unless you were a professional technician requiring reliable tools that don't degrade after a number a uses, owning American-made, professional grade tools is pretty foolish for the average DIY consumer.

The garage bloke would do basic car maintenance or maybe further than that. But he isn't breaking apart motors or transmissions or suspensions on the daily so a high-quality socket wrench or spanners aren't a necessity. China forge suffices for this instance.

To be fair, most of the specialty tools being sold in the tool trucks anyway are most often off-shored to places like Taiwan (which is what the professionals need) things like the weird door card remover or radiator pressure tester set or the slide pull hammer kit. The only thing worth getting at the trucks are usually the high-precision torque wrenches or spanners and that's about it really. Every other wear tool like torque wrenches are made in Taiwan these days so the quality is marginal at best.

go to the op shop and buy tools from earlier than the 70s
garage sales too
them old style belzer tools are baller
and its the cheapest way to get British Standard Whitworth spanners

and the tool kits that used to come standard with cars have good shit in them too

This
The Steiner's we use at work are nice too

>expensive tools that last

but sir, they DON'T.

Focus you fack

I'll never understand buying something like a normal wrench from Snap-On or MAC, unless you need them in some ungodly size that Craftsman or Mastercraft doesn't make.

It's pretty goddamn hard to fuck up 'forged piece of solid steel' construction, anything that would break a department store wrench would also break the fastener you're working on.

Measuring tools are the opposite... you'd be a retard to buy fine machinists measuring tools from HF or that POWER FIST garbage they sell at Princess Auto.

>It's pretty goddamn hard to fuck up 'forged piece of solid steel' construction
>break the fastener you're working on.
china please leave

>Measuring tools
Japan
uk
Germany

>Buy junk brand tool
>use it to its limits
>if it breaks, buy good brand tool
>if good brand tool breaks, abuse warranty
>if junk brand tool never breaks
>keep using it

penny wise pound foolish
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Material_selection
.ie
High quality materials are wasted on a low quality design and vice versa
details become irrelevant once you understand fundamentals

craftman master race

go out and try and break a department store box-end wrench

then go out and break a MAC wrench, see how much 'more' force it takes.

then shove all the pieces up your ass because you're a dumb faggot.

>measuring tools
>UK

no sorry i don't want a tool made by Pakis, regardless of which part of the world they live in.

well memed my friend

>not buying your basic tools and bits from harbor freight and your specialty/high use/high dollar stuff from the truck

Rabid brand loyalty is fucking retarded and every single one of you should feel ashamed of yourselves for tearing each other's throats put over it

Grow the fuck up

you just don't know how shit china gets
and you imply the uk has even made any measuring tools in the last 50 years
now get back to your tools from brazil and Mexico

I bet you own different car brands too lmao

The earthquake IS Ingersoll Rand.

>brand loyalty
no more like batch and serial number loyalty
and keeping track of changes in ownership and management

>not buying from street markets and direct from manufacturer
lazy middle man enabler

Sounds like you are loyal to harbor freight

I'm loyal to not tearing people down over literally trivial matters, shit, I haven't even bought anything from snap-on OR HF, my tools are all Matco and literal no-names

The f/r switch on their ratchets are fragile

I was going to say before I read your post, I'm pretty fucking sure that guns a fucking Ingersol.

They are in fact just licensed and rebranded Ingersol, sold by hazard fraught.

>Do you really think ordinary people shell out hundreds of dollars on fucking sockets and drill bits?

Apparently you've never been in a shop before.

>the people who buy expensive tools that last

kek, I've broken just as much strap-on shit as I have from Horrible Fright.

I enjoy these

i like harbor freight because they are from north hollywood
i live there

also like scientology

You'd be surprised how often China sockets and wrenches break.

In my field its the difference between finishing a motor rebuild 4 hours early or 44 hours late because a faster head got stripped in a vital area or a piece of your shit wrench fell inside the valve guide. Fake parts always wear down too so when you need a necessary piece for your job breaks you have to go wait and buy one so your job gets fucked.

One example would be your common 21mm impact socket. Can't tell you how many new wheels have been gouged due to exploding sockets. My Snap-On or MAC never did that.

Thats been pretty much the consensus of this thread, for the tools where quality is important then it can be worth the money. But there's no way anyone here can justify a 10k tool box

>not buying a box secondhand

Still thousands more than a brand new anybody else box

This is only true on the cheapest harborfreight impact sockets. the "pro" series is actually chro-moly, check it out for yourself if you dont beleive me.

i use mostly the HF colored 3/8 sockets for unimportant stuff and the pro series sockets for everything else, have yet to break a single one. they are just as good, if not better than snapon.

Seriously, I worked with guys who had $15k tied up in their boxes, hutches, side cabinets, LED's, radios, and everything in between.

I could never justify spending that much on tool storage.

>Paying $5k for a used box

I'm too poor for impact tools so it's rarely an issue

u buy 2 sets
have 1 on hand incase 1 breaks

the HF shit never breaks tho
stopped buying strapon shit for HF because HF is closer and way easy to replace

strapon is just a scam really

You could but 10+ Harbor Freight socket sets and still be cheaper than one strapon set.

But really, the professional line from HF is just as good.

white niggers love taking it up the ass with their strap-on

Buy. God damnit.

I did try the HF set. That's why I ended up just buying the Snap-On socket. They always end up either stripping or exploding like that. You really do get what you pay for made in China cast alloys. Just shite.

HF combination wrenches aren't even scratch or corrosion resistant. A very thin plating. They also end up bending when a normal Snap-On won't on some jobs. But if you really wanna save money I guess HF fits that bill. Quality isn't cheap.

Most of this thread doesn't make any sense. If you are a tech you'll learn one way or another where spending money matters. Yes lots of people overpay for stupid shit off the truck. No, you can't get everything from Harbor Freight and ebay and rely on them for long lasting precision.

Literally any other tool brand is better then harbor freight

That's funny, you know better. I've only been a tech since '98. Blows me the fuck away the guys here that know more than me. Diy full of old dudes

>not buying the whole truck
What are you poor or something?

Yeah, fuck the guys that know the difference between then and than.

You've clearly never used 80's taiwaneses specials

I don't like the way that guy talks.

or quit charging a 300% markup on their products

>Once they drop below a certain level, Snap-On cannot sustain its quality model and has to go to cheaper made quality tools.

This is more a result of Chinese manufacturing processes improving than Snap-On degrading.

Today I learned impact wrenches have condoms

Mastercraft.

Raged a little at pic