Would you rather pay for 40k Focus, 40k Civic, 40k Impreza, or a 40k Golf?

Would you rather pay for 40k Focus, 40k Civic, 40k Impreza, or a 40k Golf?

No

>all the cheap and cheerful performance cars from yesteryear are now as much as actual performance cars
Fuck this gay world

BRZ/FRS with 13k in mods.

Paying 40k for a FWD is beyond retarded and Imprezas are slow and can't drift.

Holy fuck no

If in spending that much I'm getting a real fucking sportscar

Mustang.

Of those four, only the Type R was cheap. Hot Fords, STIs and R32s were not cheap.

I would work harder and get a GT350 or a Cayman.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Please elaborate.

Pigfat

May as well buy a 3k civic

Thank you, now I know you're just weakbaiting.

>not buying used cars

Enjoy being broke

>not being able to afford new cars

Enjoy being poor.

Ford Focus RS.

Impreza is at least more than a FWD econobox pretending to be fast, that said dropping 40k on any of these is maximum retard.

>Mustang
>sports car
>anything more than a midlife crisis mobile for equally fat boomers

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
fucking cuck

or 40k for something with a 6.2 and manual
>muh 20% off deals

Focus is ugly
Impreza is a riced awd Camry
Golf R is best looking but its AWD so its shit

Civic is the only option

this

forgot pic

>Golf R is AWD

Haldex is hardly AWD. More like FWD except heavier.

What's your reasoning for not the focus rs?

yeah I dont want that shit

100% fwd or 100% rwd dont go anywhere else with it

Good luck finding one for 40k. The engine is the wrong way, the drift button is cheesy as fuck and the AWD system uses the brakes which is automatically trash. Too much money for a souped up hatchback.

40k Lancer

Actually the 1999 Integra Type R cost $34-36k in 2016 dollars. People just got poorer.

I'll go with the Ford or VW.

Oh my goodness this is my first time reading about cars on the Internet and what is this magical tangerine beauty

>$40k Impreza
Idiot. They dropped the Impreza name, it's just the WRX STi now.

def da focus RS

Its a shame though, a car like that, meant really for rally/rallycross should be hooned, but its so expensive , personally, i would baby it so much i woudd barely take it out on the streets.
Not the case if i was a millionare

The Golf R because it doesn't look factory riced and interior quality is great. Also easier to mod.

SS

>Golf R
>ECU tune no supporting mods can get you 80+hp
>with supporting mods well over 100+hp capable
>doesn't make you look like a faggot ricer
>interior is the fucking Taj Majal compared to the other 3

>Not to mention is the only one with the 4 that has a nice DCT gearbox if you want that, or a decent manual if you prefer
>I haven't ridden if a Type R for obvious reasons but of the other 3 the Golf R is the only one with a ride comfortable enough that I'd be willing to DD it

Great gas mileage too!

I wouldn't buy a vw because the ads are fucking gay

>40 golf?

If that includes the R32, I'd get that over any other car on the list.

>audi AWD
>great brakes
>solid suspension
>W6 motor and ECU can be tuned to hell and back
>can adjust power bias to the wheels with a flash
>sequential semi auto is actually really sharp leading to faster than normal shifting
>can hold 4 full sized adults no problem
>pretty comfy interior
>with a turbo and e85 tune you can get some serious power out of it
>40k included with the price of the car can get you a 650hp Golf
>Keeping it looking stock and you end up with a proper sleeper for those that don't know about the R32

Honestly it's just a great all-around package. My brother owns one and after driving it through blizzard conditions and eating his tires at a track day I know they have some proper potential.

>I don't like the ads

Great reason to not buy a product, you're clearly a very well informed consumer!

brands spend a lot and work hard on advertising and brand image, must not be important.

Half it and we'll talk.

Imprezza > Civic > Focus > getting raped by a tranny with aids >>>>>>>>>>>>> Golf

i'd save another 20k and have a used bentley

Of OPs list only the civic is fwd, the rest are awd. The civic is rumored to be awd too but who knows

Type R's were not cheap, hence why only the ITR was sold here and no further Type R's followed it. They were ahead of the expensive compact trend, just like the Celica Alltrac Turbo was way ahead of the Turbo/AWD trend that the WRX started back up, with the Golf R32, STI and Evo following suit.

Fuck, I hate commos cause I drive an import but the new VF SS Commodores are sick

>civic anywhere but last

Save 20 grand and buy a 2006 Evo IX that will hold its value

15k corvette

impreza

>3k civic
When will this meme die?

my2cents

I know a guy who owns a focus RS.
He is the cutest little possible trap I've ever seen.
Now I'm a good looking boy, but this kid. He looks like the perfect bisexual target.

He has now set the standard for RS owners for me.

Every RS owner is a twink guaranteed.

You should bend him over the hood and pound his boipucci

it will be awd in 2040

my negro

yes

I'd rather get a RX8 for 5k and put the rest into mods.

friendly reminder the Golf R is over a second faster than the STi around Laguna Seca.

That's what the SI, GTI, WRX, and ST are for stupid moran.

Golf R tuned to 700hp desu

You can literally buy a 996 Turbo for less than 40k. Think about that.

How much faster is the RS?

>this
Why not just get a lotus?

What is your intended purpose? You want "street cred" with some shitbox that gets beat by entry level sports cars? Or do you want style? Do you want to be able to modz?

You could get a Caterham for 40k and it would turn heads for sure.

I don't consider anything with a transverse engine or Haldex, AWD.

>stupid arbitrary standards

For 40k I'd rather buy a used C63 AMG, S550, 550i, CTS-V, LX560, F-Type, XJ Supercharged, Mustang GT, or a Corvette.

If you're spending over 35k on a car it better be luxury or performance. In a market full of warrantied used performance vehicles and CPO luxo cars, blowing 40k on a hothatch is only anywhere near a smart move if you make over $120k per year, know nothing about cars, and live in a high density environment.

t. poorfag

This.
Stick with to your sluggish, outdated, aenamic Subarus.

I make $112k annually and I'm driving a V6 C-Class with a 5.0 Mustang as a fun car. Dumping money on a hothatch doesn't make sense outside of Europe.

And i make a million dollar ;^)

The Focus, because it's a better car.

Although I'd rather just get an ST and keep the rest. Already planning to look into a used one for my next car.

>wat is IMS?

>Tfw a foxbody mustang with a weak stroker and a cam eats most of the cars off the line with 4 year old slicks
>all the way to the end of the eighth and quarter
>4v 4.6L v8 revs up higher than most of these stock

Trash.

If you think $112k is an unrealistic income, or one that affords high expenditures, that says more about your poorfaggotry.

Where are your proofs?

Turbos are the only 996 without IMS problems.

lol
so what you're saying is that you tried to pull a believable figure out your ass

What proofs do you want? My Zip code?

Why do you think I made up my income?

How does your zip code prove your income you fucking retard

>How does your zip code prove your income you fucking retard

What are property values?

>yeah i own a boat down at the marina
>people look at marina and see $50 million yachts
>your boat is actually the inflatable one washed up on the shore

You sure seem resentful user. Nice goalpost movement though.

You really think someone would just go on the Internet and tell lies?

nice deflection

Lol dude I'm a neet living in the basement of my mum in monaco. I'm rich lmao

Maybe the Focus ST or Civic Si, but the RS and type R would beat a foxbody easily in drag and whomp it around a track

None of my commentary points are wrong. If you're spending over $35k on a car in the current market, you better be buying performance or lux. There's no reason to be spending $40k on a hothatch in this environment. The automaker-dealer complex makes a 20%-50% markup on these things. I only brought up my income because someone insinuated my decisions were due to poorfaggotry. Explain to me why my reasoning is wrong.

>50% markup on these things
[citation needed]

A LWB Escalade is just a Tahoe with more leather, differentiated interior paneling, 20% more expensive suspension and an extra $900 of sheet and frame metal, yet costs $90,000 instead of $48,000.

check the prices for a Focus RS and a base Focus and explain the price difference to me.

>throwing estimations and exaggerations on a completely unrelated subject constitutes a citation
Please do us a favour and use a tripcode. Give everybody the opportunity to filter your ill informed tripe.

>check the prices for a Focus RS and a base Focus and explain the price difference to me.
If the difference between an RS and a base Focus requires explaining to you, then you're on the wrong board.

You know what the two do share in common? A floorpan, a body shell, a dash board casing and some arbitrary exterior bits like lights.
I guess it'd seem to be the same thing if you were blind at birth and your only exposure to either Focus was a newspaper article.

go on faggots, name all parts that were improved on the RS and add up their prices, I want to see how you'll triple the base price that way.

>go on faggots, humour my ill informed opinion by jumping through these arbitrary hoops
Once you manage to cite that outstanding 20-50% manufacturer-dealership markup claim.

Kek, this.
I've told you the only things they have in common. Otherwise, they're completely different vehicles, faggot.

Idiot. It's STI not STi. If you're going to be pedantic, fucking do it right.

>floorpan
probably not, considering the AWD system that's never been present on a Focus before.

The one that has the engine mounted the proper traditional way