What's the best car for Uber that I can get for around $10-12k?

What's the best car for Uber that I can get for around $10-12k?

used 2005ish Corolla or Camry

2016 Dacia Logan

2016 Bentley Mulsanne.

2005 is the mininum year in a lot of places so you'd get deactivated within a year most likely.

Base model mitsubishi mirage. Cheap good gas mileage warranty

What about the Prius C? Only downside I see is the poor leg room in the back.

What the fuck is minimum year about?

And looking like a twat.

Car has to be newer than a certain MY

Who cares what I look like?

Don't. Why the fuck would you want to uber? >buying a car
>paying higher insurance
>paying higher property tax
>all to make a couple hundred bucks a week
get a real job.

Safety reqs and capitalist interests.

>buying a car
I want a new car anyway, the only difference is adding additional miles/wear.
>higher insurance
Its about the same as full coverage which I have now.
>property tax
Didn't know about this one, I'll have to look more into that. I do know that if you're smart about how you file, you can save a lot with tax breaks.
>couple hundred bucks a week
That actually sounds great. I don't know how you feel, but thats a nice little supplimental income for what is really an easy job.

It's called excise tax. You get taxed for literally parking the fucking thing in your driveway. The newer the car, the higher it is, and it's based on what you paid for it. Nice little scam the government has going

You'll make more money working a warehouse job for 14 bucks an hour

the fuck are you talking about? excise taxes are usually included in the initial purchase price. nobody pays a yearly tax to park a fucking car on their property. car ownership tax is your registration fee.

Not in my state unfortunately.

Under Massachusetts Law, every motor vehicle registered in the Commonwealth is subject to Motor Vehicle & Trailer Excise Tax every year unless the vehicle is expressly exempted from paying this tax by law.

This is what you get when you put liberals in charge

You can get a 2010ish Camry for 10k.
You could probably pay for it via uber in a year's time, but ultimately you're selling your time.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather not spend my time off work chauffeuring random people around. If you really want to though, more power to you.

This. They are ridiculously cheap. I have seen used Mirage G4s with only a few thousand miles selling for $10,000 or less. Gets 37 mpg city and 43 mpg highway.

>current year
>being a masshole
and here I thought NY was bad because everyone in the boonies has to suffer for NYC's mistakes

>Massachusetts

Ok so I'm thinking Corolla or Fit at 3 different price points:

Economy-tier Corolla ~$12.5k
Fit ~$15k
Corolla S ~$15k

bump

>That actually sounds great. I don't know how you feel, but thats a nice little supplimental income for what is really an easy job.
fucking invest more in stocks then
simple

>working for uber

i hope you realize you'll just get replaced by an autonomous vehicle within a year

>he's one of those "stocks are so easy lol I make 3k a week anyone can do it" retards

nah they aint always easy. I've made a grand in a month just doing some day/swing trading while at work, and i've lost a few hundred the next month. it's easier than uber though

Why not invest while waiting for rides? What do all of you naysayers have against working anyway?

I work a regular day job. I like to enjoy myself in my free time. Fuck giving chad and his sloot a ride home from the bar when i could be doing the same shit with my buddies

you do know that the only difference between a corolla and a corolla s is plastic trim, right?