Srg - speedrun general

Other urls found in this thread:

speedrun.tv/liquidxsquid
pastebin.com/7baPQt8g
nintendoeverything.com/miyamoto-says-super-mario-run-was-partially-inspired-by-speedrunners-considered-gps-for-3ds/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

billy wr inc

just let le doge die! xD

Reminder that this edit was the only good thing to come out of /srg/ all year.

me on the left

WR pace: speedrun.tv/liquidxsquid

pastebin.com/7baPQt8g

Is it his wife's son?

>When Lilly comes to Australia and we get married, I'm going to have to change my time schedule in regards to streaming a lot. Main reason for this is actually around her having a son as well, and taking care of him is then going to be huge priority for me

Yes the wording is vague, hence the question.
More power to him for accepting baggage though.

Ennopp has a confirmed son, for reference, and is doing the same thing.

To answer your question, his fiancee, soon to be wife has a son. It's not vague at all. A 22 year old man who streams Pokemon for a living married a woman with a child.

wew

hope he's black

:D

Yes, he's ultra cucked. I'd rather die alone than live with another woman's son.

1:08 or GTFO

crop that shit

I had a woman into me that had a banging body and was really sweet. Found out she had a kid and all that went out the window fast. You have to be desperate to fall for a sow with children when you're not even in your 30's.

Yeah I agree. I mean the dude's in his 20s, why would he settle for that. These losers cling to anything that gives them attention like their life depends on it.

nintendoeverything.com/miyamoto-says-super-mario-run-was-partially-inspired-by-speedrunners-considered-gps-for-3ds/
We run this shit

It's cute how speedrunners are so autistic about getting a number down. I love the "gotta get sub-X:XX" motivation.

Your life is over when you have children and he's fucking marrying into it. Insane!

More like it's hilarious when they become grind monkeys.

Just look at Stiv getting mad for fucking blinking at the wrong time and costing the run.

Speedrun to get a respectable time then drop it, seriously. Move on.

I'm not about to get on a soapbox about how people spend their time, but what are you DOING to warrant several hours for mediocre gains?

Don't be a quitter user. I respect those who really really want to get sub-X:XX. They work hard for it.

How do we make Wibbler great again lads

Wait... you have to be fucking with me right now.
Miles is going trans too?! W T F

t. casual speedrunner

>tfw got 4th place on lockdown

I'm just saying keep it reasonable

15%

Hold this number and get a PB, say 1 hour.
Ask yourself, is reducing that by 15% (9 minutes) feasible? Congrats you get a 50-51 minute PB, sub 1 hour if you care.
Next 15% would be ~43m, 36, 30, 25...

Granted if you ever could reach 25 you probably would have made a larger leap than 15% at any time.
However, assuming you could consistently cut off 15% every time it would still take 5 runs to halve it (again, assuming you can).

Deminishing returns are deminishing returns.
Also the 15% is arbitrary, but a lot better than specific "sub X" goals unless they're literally right next to your PB.

>again
Nice try.

i dinnu understand this post yo
im bad with number

Honestly I agree with you dude. Most will say it's "admirable" to keep grinding out 1-second saves but I think they're just lazy, or unwilling to learn a new speed game.

tldr: Why put in more than you get out

There are a few exceptions that appear including initial runs (i.e. a 7 hour run becomes 5 because they have a feel of the route) and new stuff being discovered.

In those cases they would still bottom out to a grind fest once one has implemented them.

Just look at OoT Any%, people are still fighting over #1 and it's occasionally being driven lower.
Every time they reset is an unskippable 3 minute cutscene immediately followed by a bunch of overhyped setups and other bullshit.
All to save a few seconds and be #1... or fail and try again.

>t. Shadow "Negro" Jacky

t. /v/

you're not speedrunning, you're timing your let's play

OUT

Where do you think the OoT Any% should start?
On new game before the 3 minute cutscene?
Or after that, upon exiting Link's house (which is consistent)?

Fuck Japan

I don't run OoT and know nothing about it, but if there's a legitimate way to load past the cutscene, it's reasonable to go for it.

When you start a "brand new game" there is a forced 3 minute infodump cutscene (read: only for if you care about the plot) before you're dumped into Link's house and gain control.

At this point you can save the game, aka a better starting point, and it is a consistently unaltered state to be in.
Timing could start upon leaving.

Go watch any OoT Any% run for 5 minutes (ff if you want) and you'll see exactly what my gripe with it is.

Just make a save file after the intro like a normal human being would. But then again, there's no way in hell you're normal if you speedrun.
This is what they did for Dishonored. It's moronic to not skip the intro for OoT, but absolutely fucking retarded to keep it for SMS.

If it starts from a different location then it should probably be considered cheating or a separate category. Tough it out and accept OoT is a shitty speedrun.

Or bomb japan again because they have autistic timing rules

At most you could CLAIM/suspect cheating because they could hide inventory. Simple fix, have them sroll their inventory before leaving the house.

I cannot begin to imagine the amount of wasted man hours on that single 3 minute cutscene for speedrunning alone where one mistake is a reset.

Also I'm sure if you were to ask anybody why timing starts at new game instead of leaving link's house all they'd say is "because it's always been like that and japan made the rule"

Granted, the japanese live forever so why not waste the time of baka gaijins

Holy shit /srg/. You won't believe this.

I actually found a female WR holder.

OUR BOY NARCISSA COMING OUT OF RETIREMENT

>I cannot begin to imagine the amount of wasted man hours on that single 3 minute cutscene for speedrunning alone where one mistake is a reset.
Or you could accept that those 3 minutes help your wrists relax. Do you really think it's wasted time if you get to have a break every reset? You'd have to take a much longer break after hours of constant strain.

Reminder JRTA is the most retarded timing method.
*Starts timer on console boot up*
*Doesn't end timer until after credits end*
Literally who agreed to this shit?

If you wanted to relax, you wouldn't start a run.

Take all the time you need, not some randomly allocated 3 minutes, then instantly start the run.

It's not fair to ignore the time you put into creating a save file to illegitimately skip a cutscene, user. It wouldn't be a real run. Following your logic cheat codes would be allowed also and whatever goes as well.

word desu

Your comparison is apples and oranges.
However, any% skips 99% of the game anyway so you care about a cutscene now?
Timing even ends on the final blow to Ganon, no post shit.

Pokemon timing for example starts at new game, but you actually have shit to do.
It may or may not impact anything (based on the game/category, some rely on gender and name).

What I'm pointing out is no matter what that 3 minute cutscene has a 100% consistent result: you end up in Link's house with control.

No matter what those 3 minutes will NEVER change.
The only possible variable between that and leaving the house is somehow not reaching the door.

Thus, if the starting point was moved up to reflect this, everybody would save time and still have a consistent starting point: leaving the house.

I actually laughed out loud. Thanks kind stranger, I needed that today. Upvoted.

If I actually would speedrun games I would do so much shit just to upset these autistic faggots. Like starting an OoT speedrun after the intro, for example.

>leaving the house
you underestimate speedrunners

Do it and submit it.

If they reject it just keep doing legitimate runs and submitting them.
Start the movement.

""""""she"""""" has finally figured it out my dudes

You'd save time, but also take away from the legitimacy of the run. Loading a save is not a brand new playthrough, period.

That means it's working

Watching Werster on Pokemon Stadium 2 right now.

Guess what? They use pre-made save files to avoid having to register pokemon every time from otherwise resetting it.

They must be wrong.

a BULLET in the HEAD of EVERY disgusting tranny FREAK

They are, but since speedrunning in general is far from an official record breaking setting, nobody is going to care.

I actually kind of want to.

do you think srg could meme narcissa into shooting up an agdq

So we special snowflake OoT's 3 minute intro because it makes it legitimate?

I want some actual reason. Not this "fair game" shit which suddenly only matters to the stupidest insufferable thing in the run.
As said, 99% of the game is skipped why is it a problem now?
I guess wrong warping straight to the end of the game is legitimate and cool.

Ask any OoT speedrunner for the logic behind and I guarantee there is none except FUCKING JAPAN.

Also "because Japan made the rules" is not a reason.
Just because they made them doesn't mean they're good.
Unfortunately accepted, but nobody wanted to challenge them for some unknown reason (or tried and got swept under like this).

Also, Japan doesn't control it. If the community as a whole shifts Japan has no say and has to follow suit or accommodate.
Runs could be retimed to leaving the house, done.

And when's the last time Japan was relevant on the leaderboard to have any say?

>As said, 99% of the game is skipped why is it a problem now?
Because performing a glitch is not loading a save file and then pretending it's a brand new run.

It's very simple logic actually. What if it were possible to load a save file, complete one mission, and then go back to the starting point and do a speedrun like that? It sure is possible to do that in many free roam games with a save system. It's just not legit.

A P O L O G I Z E

Because at that point you might as well splice a fake run anyway? Something you could already do with a consistent 3 minute cutscene.

>I don't know why i feel this way

- mental illness
- jealousy
- narcissism
- failed wall jump
- john numbers
- etc

Going through logic hoops just because there's the possibility of cheating just doesn't make sense, user.

i hope

Have you seen how autistic people get over validating runs? Especially ones requiring heavy scrutiny?

They open that shit up in audacity to check for audio sync, pops, and specific cues.
Frame by frame for even more obvious splicing.
I believe there is a certain interaction with OoT's pause menu which completely exposed a faked run.

It'd be pretty obvious in OoT if somebody prepared "one mission" beforehand without leaving evidence.

-adrian
-soylent
-mirrored
-srl
Etc etc

what did he mean by talking?

Actually I just had the revelation as to why your cheating logic is bullshit.
The game's a choreographed route. If they went and "prepared" something it would be telling as fuck when it doesn't happen.

So how exactly would they not easily be exposed?
You toss this "cheating" excuse around, but in the end it doesn't hold water.

>what if they go and do "one mission" before run
>surprise, it's missing from the run, or its prerequisites
Really makes you think.

It's not even about that. Starting a new playthrough in OoT involves watching the cutscene. That's all. Unless somebody finds a glitch to skip it, it has to stay in for the sake of legitimacy.

There's no doubt an exception could be made, but obviously the OoT community wants their runs to be more official, and I don't fault them for that since it's an extremely popular speed game.

what did she mean by this?

>it has to stay in for the sake of legitimacy.
No, that's just your take on it.
It doesn't "have" to stay.

>but obviously the OoT community wants their runs to be more official
Unsourced claim about their wants and what is considered official.

Also before you refute "well they kept this timing for so long", yeah because fuck Japan.

Recently the entire pokemon speedrunning community changed their timing rules and retimed everything.
They evolved. And guess where Japan was during that?

If you can't understand that starting a speedrun from a save file is not a complete run, then there's no way to convince you. No judge would ever accept a run like that. It becomes unofficial.

Citation needed.

I guess no judge would accept either?
Who REVISES rules and RETIMES everything? Ha!

what did she mean by this?

Pokemon community is still an unofficial setting where exceptions could be made. As is any speedrunning community. Unless you have concrete arguments that would prove that loading a save file does not include starting a new playthrough that you simply refuse to time, you will always be in the wrong and I have nothing more to say to you.

No, your bait is wearing thin at this point.
But you're nobody, just like me.

I just believe, without an actual reason otherwise, it'd be beneficial for the community to trim the fat.

And you're right, you have nothing more to say to me, because you've said nothing meaninful from the start.
You ditched your cheating argument purely for "arbitrary legitimacy" and have stuck with it.

But hey, we're both onlookers from outside the community with two radically different opinions.
If they're okay with taking Japan's dick up their ass, like they have been, so be it.

Also we must assume the hardware itself isn't tampered with either.
However, enjoy your little world where you suck dick for 3 minutes.

Bye.

One more thing, since you clearly are illiterate.
I did provide a means of validating a run to the point where there's no difference between starting a run from a new game or a pre-made save in the house.

It was this post which interestingly you didn't reply to.
The tldr was the run is predictable as fuck so anything missing would be obvious, including anything that trickles up. It has to happen no matter what.

With that, enjoy.

You just provided an explanation on cheat prevention, which doesn't apply to the subject. RTA timing involves the cutscene. Maybe your idea could be used for SDA timing, but anything else is unofficial as fuck and outside the established rules. Stop being so frustrated, user.

>What I'm pointing out is no matter what that 3 minute cutscene has a 100% consistent result: you end up in Link's house with control.

yeah and you mash through dialogue. So you're saying someone that starts up the game and literally doesn't touch their controller will be able to play the game eventually?

sm64 starts at power on lol, what's oot's excuse?

That's a different way of timing it. RTA is basically "press start, start the timer".

>has a 100% consistent result
Guess you missed that part of their post.
Although you could say this applies to any game and any category.

What?

are you aware of the social streaming boom in China?
are you aware Reckful goes out and buys Broccoli sometimes, to stream some social eating on Twitch
are you aware Ice Poseidon wanted to wander about and stream his life, occasionally playing Pokemon Go & eating
are you aware, that Alex19 streams himself telling stories all the time and doesn't stream gameplay ?
are you aware of how many streams are simply there for the social interaction, and the gameplay is a backdrop
are you aware of how many people stream on gaming talk shows and do not talk about gaming at all
and I was the one fucking targeted, someone who helped grow Twitch and was loyal for years.
after tons of people kept reporting me anytime I did anything that might be bending a rule a little
do you see why I am fucking livid
"At Twitch, our mission is to provide the best social video platform created by the community
where broadcasters and viewers can interact in real time." what a fat fucking lie
FUCK this shit man fuck this

Real OoT runner here with the inside scoop: The real reason why the intro cutscene is still included in timing is because all of the runners that have been grinding the game for years would be absolutely furious about all the time they wasted watching it if it were no longer required. If it weren't for that one little fact, the community would have changed the timing long ago.

narcissa is carrying /srg/ on her back, willing the doggy to life each day

what I'm saying is that the consistency to GET to Link's house is NOT consistent because of mashing through dialogue. If person A is slightly slower or faster at mashing than person B then the two will NOT get to Link's house consistently and that is a part of the gameplay.

It was suggested to start timing upon leaving the house.

>willing
*forcing

The reason I'm saying you can't do that is because mashing through dialogue at the start of the game is part of the gameplay retard

Same inputs as entering the name and starting the file

How about starting from halfway into the game because the first half is not considered gameplayish enough?

What counts as halfway into the game for any%

Wrist pain