Manufacturing can't be brought ba-

>manufacturing can't be brought ba-
northcrane.com/2016/11/17/it-is-happening-apple-in-talks-of-moving-manufacturing-to-the-usa/
What are the consequences of this for our beloved country? Can it really happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

northcrane.com/2016/11/17/it-is-happening-apple-in-talks-of-moving-manufacturing-to-the-usa/
money.cnn.com/2016/11/17/news/companies/ford-mexico-donald-trump/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

We are going to make America great again you fool

>tfw the rust belt becomes the new california

turn those abandoned factories into an iphone plant

>$6000 phones
How many Flint, MI can we create?
What could go wrong?

dude just saved the ford plant in kentucky

this man isnt even president and he's already beasting

that would be fukin lit bro

What will this mean to the price of Apple products?

1500 for an Iphone?

Literally MAGA

This.

If Trump manages to bring back even 20% of manufacturing I'd be incredibly impressed.

Iphones cost like 100$ to make but are sold retail for 1,000$. Maybe if they made them here for $200 and actually controlled their greed a little bit, they would sell more phones at the same price point to make up for the loss. But to assume they would charge an absurd amount is downright fictitious and wrong.

This is a result of years of Obama era policy, not trump. Trump hasn't done anything. Let's see some actual results from actual policies, not speculation.

They cost around $225 to make and a bit more for taxes and travel. That cost will double or so so unless apple cuts their profit margins you'll see $1000 iPhones.

>This is a result of years of Obama era policy, not trump. Trump hasn't done anything. Let's see some actual results from actual policies, not speculation.
The delusion in real

>This is a result of years of Obama era policy

KEK

how delusional are you?

Obama is still president, you know that right? His policies shaped the economy to enable apple to consider moving stateside? Those policies took years to build? MAGA?

No, he's already boasting. He didn't do anything to save a Ford plant in Kentucky he just claims that he did. They never had plans to move the plant in the first place.

> Trump getting elected, not even in office
> literally 10 days later something happened
> Trump supporters claimed credit for it

Disappointment.jpg

It's cute that you think prices would just double, and hilarious you think Apple charges so much just because they're "greedy".

But let's just skip the second part for now.

Currently Apple uses borderline slave labor paying thousands of gooks about an 1/hr for 15/hr days.

Bringing manufacturing back would mean AT LEAST SEPTUPLING raw wages and DOUBLING the amount of workers. This is not too mention the immense cost of actually creating new American facilities and costs of just finding/staffing/training new workers OR the fact raw materials would face similar skyrocketing prices from being made in the USA or subject to high tarrifs and new transportation fees from being brought over from a China under trade war.

All this means yes, $1000 i phones, which will be sold exclusively outside the US because all the retards working manufacturing will never afford one spics they'll likely be minimum wage and part time because the unskilled labor currently being done by fucking illiterate Chinese kids is not worth anything more than that.

i mean this only comes a couple days after china said "fuck trump we will impose a 40% rate hike to deal with your 35% tarrif"

but thats none of my business tho

You're literally the scum of the earth.

Go look in the mirror, and never forget, this is the face of a demon. You will burn in the lake of fire.

Wait for it you ignoramus. It's coming.

>Can it really happen?

Not without setting labor laws back 100 years.

Stop taxing and regulating businesses out of America and they will return

>northcrane.com/2016/11/17/it-is-happening-apple-in-talks-of-moving-manufacturing-to-the-usa/
Not even close to true. The only reason why they're exploring this is because of Trump

This ain't gonna happen, unless they really believe Trump is going to impose tariffs and tank the global economy.

Other countries have a much lower cost of living and will always be more competitive when it comes to anything having to employ large amounts of unskilled labour.
You had an artificial overinvestment in the manufacturing sector coming out of WWII because the government pretty much took over the economy during the war and maximized manufacturing investments while controlling price and wage levels.

>This is a result of years of Obama era policy
Wut

>wages are the only consideration in product cost

Laughing my ass off

Think of the transportation savings

Apple only asked their assemblers to investigate moving production to the US after Trump became the Republican nominee. Are you drunk?

you understand its near zero right? are is your head to far up your own ass?

>shipping millions of units from china is expensive on a mile long container ship

>Near zero

Did you invest in DRYS?

It means apple dies or they get their shit together.

Considering how long they've been fucking us, it's probably the death of apple or its enormous profit margins.

Nonsense. The effect on final prices are dependent on labor inputs as a percentage of expenses--which, for most goods produced today, are quite low. The reason being that this isn't the 1600s or 1700s where everything is handmade; machines are largely responsible for producing goods with a moderate labor force to do final touch-ups, oversight, and to control the machines.

TL;DR: You're looking at 5-20% price increases on most goods if made domestically and if corporate margins--which have bloated because of free trade--stay the same.

I'd like to point out the environmental cost is heavily reduced because you don't have to ship the half across the globe.

I know it doesn't mean squat in economic terms, but I'm happier for it.

>“Apple asked both Foxconn and Pegatron, the two iPhone assemblers, in June to look into making iPhones in the U.S.,” a source said. “Foxconn complied, while Pegatron declined to formulate such a plan due to cost concerns.”

Did you even read the article you linked? Fucking hell I hope you're a troll. PEGATRON SAID IT WON'T WORK BECAUSE BASIC MATH.

While total shitlibs, Apple is still a business and has contingency plans for things. June is when the republicans had given up fighting the Donald and he became their nominee.

they make a 65-70% profit on each iphone. Im sure they can handle a 50-55% profit on each iphone

the main reason why they dont want to is because they can. They can make them in China and make a killing. If the US puts a 35% tariff on them they would need to examine if the US market with a 35% extra cost to iphones and thus lower buyer-ship is just as profitable as say making them in the US with actual US citizens

methinks no.

Nah, this will just speed up automation. The US manufacturing output is at record highs despite shrinking factory workers because of automation. Those factory jobs are dying a slow death that tariffs will just prolong.

There's also research, selling and administrative costs. Apple burns mountains of money on advertising. What seems to be the most likely scenario is manufacturing comes back for US bound goods. The rest of the world trade will flow around the US.

Any manufacturing coming back to the US is doing so because it is cheaper to do so.
Mainly because new factory robots can replace thousands of Asian laborious.

Are there really people who want Chinese-level sweatshops here in America? Are these really the jobs that will bring back the "middle class" (whatever that is defined as)?

Coal jobs ain't coming back. You've been duped.

you talk like a fag

Fucking this
Obama has been working for years to bring jobs back to America despite the republicans doing everything they could to smear his legacy but because Trump won electoral college
HE DONE DID IT
WE WUZ MAGA N SHIETTT
I'm pretty conservative but the coping is off the charts

>paying 400 more every two years for a luxury item to make america great again

sounds good to me

>Obama has been working for years to bring jobs back to America

LOL citation needed

> trying to pass tpp

> supporting nafta

> tried to bring jobs back

PICK ONE MY GOOD SIR

>Supporting NAFTA
Are you implying free trade is detrimental?

35% tariff on china means they get made in soe other 3rd world shithole - not the us

> N A F T A
> free trade

ahahahahahHAHAHAHAHA

It will never happen. NEVER. People have no fucking idea just how structured China is for manufacturing. It isn't as simple as just opening a factory in Kentucky and getting back to work. You have to understand that the Chinese have a framework in place for things like raw materials, labor, and shipping. Certain aspects of the process are even subsidized by the government. NO ONE can compete with China. You fucking retards probably don't even understand how incredibly cheap Chinese factories can source raw materials locally. You don't understand that some unskilled fucking millennial CAD designer would want $500,000 in design and tooling costs for what these Chinese companies will do for free. Go try and buy a bulk shipment of o-rings domestically. Go try and buy 6061-T6 aluminum domestically. It can't be done. Literally the only exception to this rule are probably some niche products that HAVE to be made in the USA (or some similarly litigious western country) for liability reasons. Think certain medical equipment and certain lithium-ion battery powered applications

Why so mad?

>Labor Theory of Value
Stop

Do you even understand what the Labor Theory of Value was?

Its called monopolistic competition. Let China make the cheap stuff. Europe and America make the hgih quality stuff.

How do we explain comparative advantage to an electorate as dumb as the rustbelt though?

>39% contribution margin

OK

You know damn well /pol/yps dont understand government, policy, and how it functions
Just like Drumpf

Name like 3 policy ventures of the Obama Administration that directly contributed to this development.

I can name three of Trump's:
1. Reducing bureaucracy and red tape on businesses
2. Reducing corporate income tax for companies that bring their offshore money home
3. Tariffs on Chinese exports to control illegal subsidy and currency manipulation activity

>name three of Trump's
>Trump isn't President yet

Yeah, he's done so much for us, all of us. Trump really is magic.

Yo dummy, if the math works out then it's because of the previous 8 years of economic policy affecting the conditions in this country. Also, tariffs will make Central and South America much more attractive; shipping will take a hit and truckers will get paid, but jobs most likely won't come back.

He did stuff without doing it! Amazing!

I don't believe you

Didn't answer the question, you just repeated that Obama did it. The tariffs aren't permanent you fucking spastic, they're a threat to the Chinese to get them to the negotiating table. Bush II imposed tariffs on Chinese steel and Obama has like 500% tariffs on cold rolled steel currently and yet there's no crippling trade war going on to my knowledge.

Didn't answer the question, plus it's called anticipating future movements.

>Trump's financial and industrial policies
>when he isn't even in office yet
????????????????

They said so themselves. They were never even considering doing it. It's as if I say I singlehandedly stopped the invasion of the aliens of Alpha Centauri. Prove to me I didn't do it

Ohhhh so you don't really understand what you are talking about

That's/biz/ for you.

I can't answer the question because trump didn't do shit

> you're going to hell for being right
never change /pol/tards

most likely almost nothing.

china has been easier to work with than setting up somewhere in the states, but the costs aren't much different.

people are really slow to realize that our wages haven't really been growing as fast as china's, and the convenience of hiring a bunch of kids who will never stir the pot means jack shit compared to the benefits of manufacturing domestically.

if you don't make any changes, it's entirely possible within a decade that even without workers rights the chinese will live better than us at the median. we haven't done enough to push people into new industries like we did when these sorts of manufacturing activities started. the shift to service or tech hasn't caught up.

Let's say there is a steel mill and a machinery company and you put a tariff on steel.

The steel mill benefits while the machinery company is disadvantaged, because the machinery company is further along the production chain it generally has more skilled workers and higher salaries so this is a net loss to the economy.

What we really need is completely unfettered free trade.

money.cnn.com/2016/11/17/news/companies/ford-mexico-donald-trump/
>On Thursday, Ford (F) said it will keep production of the Lincoln MKC at the plant. It had planned to shift production of the MKC to another plant and Mexico was a likely location.
>But even if Ford had shifted production of the MKC to Mexico, it planned to keep employment in Louisville near the current level of 4,700 workers.
Literally going
>T-They weren't going to d-do that anyway, I m-mean they were, but a-also th-th-th-
>They'd keep workers in Kentucky for something else
>They may be moving all small car production to Mexico as well, but that's just a coincidence, nothing else was to move
Haha - okay.

>gooks
How adorable, he's trying to pretend as if he didn't just waddle off the boat from plebbit, but can't even get his racial insults right. Bringing in Vietnamese just to work on iPhones in China would be some advanced cost-cutting scheme, I'd give them that if it was true.

Nobody would buy a $1k iPhone, so no, it does not mean $1k iPhones. They either eat the margins and live a little leaner until they can figure out a more automated way of making them, or they die. They do charge what they do because they're greedy. It's something a 12 year old could figure out, their hardware never matches anything even resembling the cost of equivalent hardware with other manufacturers. Apple sells the lifestyle of using their products, not the value.

As long as the board stays on a fruit drink diet, the company can't possibly die!

I bet you're the kind of guy that asks the barber if he needs a haircut.

>It's not possible
>We do make stuff
>But it's not possible
Right.

Yeah, it's not like even presidents have been talking to him preparing for the transition or anything. Why would you prepare anything in advance of a huge policy change of one of the most impactful countries on earth? How silly. Better to just scramble on day one and shit your pants from all the stuff you have to change to accomodate the new policies you knew about months in advance.

To be honest, everybody's just relieved to be rid of the nigger, finally. He was like a kid at the formal dinner table, him and his chicken drumstick, while the rest of them had to scratch their noses trying to hide their snickering.

The plebbitors in here don't seem to know, but Trump did say that many times over. It'd be nice to have real free trade, but it's just not going to work when one side (China for example) uses it to their advantage, and fucks everyone else over.

>TRUMP: The 45% tariff is a threat. It was not a tax, it was a threat. It will be a tax if they don't behave. Take China as an example. I have many friends, great manufacturers, they want to go into China. They can't. China won't let them. We talk about free trade. It's not tree free trade; it's stupid trade. China dumps everything that they have over here. No tax, no anything. We can't get into China. The best manufacturers, when they get in, they have to pay a tremendous tax. The 45% is a threat that if they don't behave, we will tax you. It doesn't have to be 45, it could be less. But it has to be something because our country and our trade and our deals and most importantly our jobs are going to hell.?

>businesses don't plan ahead based on what they think will happen
Naww nigga, it's Obama, he was in power for almost 8 years and it only coincidentally started happening when Trump was elected

You can't man that's the fucking thing
And it doesn't help that these places are low income/low education/religious cause they have no idea how this shit works.Also with Trump saying he's gonna bring back the really good jobs you have those that used to work in mass production factories or coal or car assembly thinking they're gonna get 120k per annum jobs which will rush straight back from MEXICOOOOO

Is why raising the minimum wage is a shitty idea.

What tariffs did trump create? Right, none. He has done nothing except talk and he might not have the support of Congress so it's empty rhetoric. Apple asked their suppliers and one said nope. Ford is still moving some manufacturing to Mexico and if Trump manages to tax Mexico then Ford will move to some other country South of the border. UAW made a deal already and that was under Obama policy.

>conservatives refuse to raise minimum wage because "muh prices will rise"
>but they're A-Ok with bringing manufacturing back when it will do the exact same thing
>mfw people will buy even more cheap chink shit and drive the economy further into the ground
>trump will kill net neutrality so these retarded NEET conservatives won't be able to cry on Veeky Forums about it anymore

Great plan, fuckheads.

I'm personally excited to see what he does to a few markets, namely big internet, phone manf, and cellular/mobile

those markets have been filled with greedyness and HIGHLY overpriced costs in the US literally since their inception.

we pay 100's a month for internet while in japan its 10x cheaper and 3x faster. The ISP model in the US is a fucking joke compared to most other developed areas of the world, in both speed AND price

While we pay 60-300 USD a month for our mobile phone service and 400-700 for "top of the line" phones, every habeeb in india has a thousand models to pick for dollars and damn near free service

I would love to see competitive pricing and wider selection for internet/mobile service provider options. The more diverse the competition becomes the less strangle hold big business will have on the markets, which means more protection to have and keep our internet open, free, and safe from becoming controlled.

>What are the consequences of this for our beloved country?
Enormous stock market crash that the jews are setting up.

They're going to bait normies into investing into the stock market pretty soon with easy 1 click apps made popular using the jewish media.

I'm also super excited

The us has more land than most countries and this increases costs due to fiber length. Last mile properties really hinder things. Not saying there aren't clear monopolies/oligopolies, but I doubt president the cyber is gonna do anything to address that since it's a state by state issue.