Eve Online General /eog/

Santa Claus is coming edition

Permalink: orph.link/eog

>Can I make enough ISK to PLEX?
Yes of course!

>I just started, what should I do?
Get a referral from someone to get free SP, beg for it here if you have.

Or use this referral link:
secure.eveonline.com/signup/?invc=72cae059-5664-4c34-9236-9c1f45d2dd4a&action=buddy

Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.
No, really. Find a corp.
You don't want to be that guy.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/JGKUEsZy
Focus Group Logs: focusgrouplogs.tech.ccp.is/

Future:
Dec 13-25th is a free daily christmas gift!

Past:
>Nov 25: Eve Down Under
>Nov 15: Alpha clones, Engineering Complexes, reworked boosters
>Sep 27: Coronation of Catiz I
>Sep 13: Mining barge overhaul, some new frigate models, capital module balance pass
>Sep 12: CSM 11 first summit
>Aug 13: [SoundCloud] WH CSM Townhall 13AUG2016 by OrangeEagle
>Aug 09: Citadel contracts, dmg/rep visuals, clouds performance boost, cargo notifications
>Jul 26: AT prizes announced (blood raider variations)
>Jul 23: Goons move to Delve, SMA closes
>Jul 19: Broski joins then kills QFC
>Jul 18: Billboards submissions open
>Jul 07: AT rule changes: 10 players, no cap-xfer, no CDs, blood raider ships encouraged
>Jun 29: "Shadow of the Serpent" event began, serp capitals introduced
>Jun 28: Citadel trading, overlay vectors, new implants, drugs legal, NSA nerfs, triage/seige/bastion now ECM immune, mass fitting
>Jun 23: RIP SP dailies
>May 30: RIP Dust 514 (long live Project Nova)
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true)

Other urls found in this thread:

updates.eveonline.com/date/2017-04-06/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

confessor a best

>not even past the bump limit

you had one job calvin

>Amarr

Thanks Kevin

>get bullied out of Horde
>join BRAVE
>Horde is camping your station

OFFICIAL LIST OF WORST TYPES OF PLAYERS IN EVE:

0. Maqari Kinraysuwa
1. Nullsec botters/ratters/mission runners
2. Highsec botters/ratters/mission runners
3. Nullbabby napfest blobbers
4. Lowsec 'elite' link-alt slave set pvpers
5. 'hisec pvp'
6. Miners
7. Industrialists
8. Traders
9. Scammers

9001. Honorabru solo roamers

90001. Small gang NPC sov nullsec/lowsec

900001. C5-6 WH pvpers
9000001. Unsubbed players

>mfw the best laser ships have cap usage bonuses

aka literally everyone

>2nd best type of player
where my hole niggas at?

That's what you get for being a weeb

>>get bullied out of Horde
What did he mean by this?

>WH
>pvp

>9001. Honorabru solo roamers
>90001. Small gang NPC sov nullsec/lowsec

t. 30 man 'small gang' f1 anchor shitter

>he actually believes in people on /eog/

Risking revealing your identity on /eog/? How about no.

He could simply make a new character to accept the isk on, transfer it, and delete.

post you are face when your shitfit actually kills a nig

There is still the chance it could be traced back. Never worth the risk. Just look at the people who HAVE revealed their identities. White Stag/All-out players? All turned into raving homosexuals. Those two fags who dueled? One of them is Shard and that's a horrible fate.

Slamjam,
Made a account recently and upgraded within the last month g

Nice try

Since when is having a referral link in the OP acceptable?

>tfw ill guess it correctly and use my unsuspected alpha friend to boost his start in EVE
thou art to be rused

have pupper gone gay yet

It's just a matter of time.

>take the time to make thread
>give newbies a simple link to use to get 250k skillpoints

never, but I don't think hiroshima really gives a shit

Yes, copy and pasting a bunch of shit from the last thread takes real effort.

I deleted the ISK referral post because it's derailing the thread. If you upgraded using a referral from here, thanks senpai. love you.

never, so you're free to report it

Well I'm the only one who tried so just send me the Isk my nigga

I think you missed the part where I added in free christmas gifts date :^)

We've gotten threads deleted over it in the past, or have you forgotten?

Just stop Kev.

Meant to respond to

how did we go from this

to shits

>send 100 mil Isk to your alt to buy some skills
>all corps worth joining want FULL API
>they demand you leave your other corps and apply with your high sp chars

join horde xdd

nah just find a nonshitter corp

So the referral system is pretty stupid right?
You simply make your own spare account and collect the reward.

So you get a free sub every month.

How is it that CCP has not added in some kind of deterrent like a limit to how many times you can get reward off one referral? Seems like bad business.

>null corp just kicked someone because he had an alt in a wh corp which he had been open about from the start

I honestly don't understand this shit, it's not like a small wh corp would even jave a chance at taking anything.

Or am I mistaken and it's only a one time deal already?

Yeah, I'm seriously thinking about starting over and just buying a shitload of data/relic site loot in Jita and jettisoning it in space to fund my alt.
It's not like FULL API OF ALL ACCOUNTS will protect you from having planted spies and disgruntled members anyway, it's just security theatre.

>gets instant killed undocking from jita

>he doesn't have an instaundock from 4-4

ISHYDDT

>read some guide about "undocking jita bookmark"
>can't understand what the fuck they are even talking about, how is a bookmark going to save me from dying as I undock

>don't do it

I have had this talk time and time again, if you were a spy you would make a serious attempt to hide your alts.
When someone is open about having an alt shitting around in hisec etc, I don't see how that is any real security concern.

Tbh if you were a real spy you would not interact in any way with anyone on your alt, and pretend to just be a new/blank player.

>undock
>warp offgrid instantly because you're already aligned
>don't die

Wow, thats really hard to understand user.

You'd have to create a new account every month with which to get the referral reward, it would be more bother than it's probably worth.

>undock
>game lags for half a minute because Jita
>die

Ohhh. Okay thanks.

>half a minute of lag

Are you playing on a Nokia flip phone?

I saw some huge ship instant kill a tyra as he undocked tonight, im not sure he would have made it

Also This

You can't lock someone for like 30 seconds or so after they've undocked unless they perform an action.

Like warping?
I guarantee if it's a group of gankers with a signal booster and tackle you don't stand a chance anyways.

Easiest thing to do is just not fly shiny shit.

user, how do people know that you're carrying shiny shit?

They have to scan you. Cargo scanners have a cycle time that is significantly longer than the time it takes you to become invulnerable in you warp.

Yes, with an insta-undock they're not going to have the time to lock you, scan you and then gank you is the point.

And to add, i was -10 at one point and got around high-sec just fine thanks to insta-undocks and I've also had a billion in a t1 industrial before and managed to not get ganked gong to a trade-hub.
People get ganked because they don't take appropriate precautions, not because it's impossible or even hard to avoid.

Can you semi AFK level 4 missions in a Rattlesnake with auto targeting RLMs and a Gecko?

>implying anyone scans on the undock

At least in CODE and related corps, you know the target long before they undock, as someone saw them undock a shiny ship in another system, or someone scanned them 3 gates back.
Like sure, maybe instawarping off grid stops a few retards from attempting to gank you, but it probably won't do much to stop a group of people who know what they are doing and have scout alts everywhere.

I have been -10 for the last 8 months. There still is not shit you can do to stop a group of very determined people, and even if there was, they will just gatecamp you anyways.

But by all means, continue to draw attention to yourself and whisper that you are safe no matter what.
Easiest way to avoid ganks, and this is coming from both sides, have a boring af bio, avoid flying anything expensive near tradehubs, and don't talk in local.

Why would you fit RLMLs to a Rattle?

To kill frigates while drones take care of the bigger stuff. Would you use heavy missiles instead?

I'd fit rapid heavies and just murder cruisers/bcs while the Gecko/Wardens to the rest of the work.

>being an unironic highsec pvper

How does it feel to be at the bottom of the barrel.

>I have been -10 for the last 8 months.
I don't believe it, your spiel is that of a typical carebear complaining that there's nothing they can do about ganking.
All i can say is I've never been ganked and have been around long enough to have won hulkageddon V(so i know a bit about the subject) with my corp, you should just git gud i suppose.

Not even worth your time joining faggots like these. Must be uber-paranoid WH babbies am I right?

>OHHH NOOOO, I lost my shitty 5m isk frigate ; ;

dont fucking bring big ships OUT from trade hubs during a war. dont be the retard that puts all their items in one single ship

The subject was talking about jettisoning hundreds of mil for your alt, try to keep up.

my bad

>undock with several hundred million ISK worth of stuff
>instaundock
>warp to safe and meet up with alt
>drop shit
>alt warps to zero on station
>docks

Literally zero risk involved unless you undock and leave to take a shit.

>not factoring in CCP hourly client errors

>you might DC so you should never undock with expensive things

Thats some pretty sage advice user, I guess I should never undock my freighter again because I might DC.

>I guess I should never undock my freighter again because I might DC.

You are correct

>bu bu bu but you might DC!

Or I won't because my computer is from this side of 1998 and I don't have third world internet.

>undock from a Citadel
>it starts singing at you

Astrahus are fucking cute!
CUTE!

>he thinks internet disconnects are the same thing as client errors

Final update; I told the CEO what's going on, as well as provided text and voice logs. His response is to get mad kick me from the corp. I guess no good deed goes unpunished in the world of EVE.

I stopped because there were too many retarded children, and I worried I might catch whatever it was they had.

>read my post as complaining
>admits that people inherently escape his ganks often
>2012 and feels has been ganking a long time

Calm your autism bud, I don't know how you and your buttbudies gank, but if you scout properly and bring tackle there should be near nothing anyone can do to escape, especially when you know they are undocking and can cover all warp-to points.

You honestly think there is a better way to avoid ganks than to just not look like a target?

kek

updates.eveonline.com/date/2017-04-06/

Had the same thing happen a while back friendo, some CEO was convinced I was a spy because I made too much isk too quickly, so I offered my API with everything available, and he just raged out harder, kicked me, and set my status to -10 for the whole alliance.

>tfw my life is so boring I'm considering revolving it around attending EVE conventions

p2w bullshit

>tfw too fucking broke so I don't have to even think about it

>2012 and feels has been ganking a long time
My mistake, it was hulkageddon IV, not V and i feel like either way it's a pretty long time to have been ganking. Longer than CODE has been a thing anyway.
To me never undocking in anything worth ganking sounds easy but not really something desirable for most people, shitters like you who can't make use of basic mechanics to avoid it may feel differently.
If i felt like your desperate damage control talking about client disconnects and whatnot wasn't evidence enough to everyone that you're an idiot who doesn't know what they're talking about i'd go an undock with a plex in my cargo just to prove you wrong, i don't think it's necessary though.

stahp

>CONCORD ships

I wonder how much they'll be going for on the market. Better start saving up my shekels.

50 bil

>Buy PLEX for 1.009b during recent sale planning to flip it once sale is over for a bit of isk
>PLEX currently selling for 1.02b
God dammit.

>buy 2 plex at 1.095 mil
>price permanently drops to 1.02b

plex will drop even further, 900m in january. there are people with very large plex stockpiles that were bought at 300-600mil, buying at current prices is a bad idea unless you're just flipping them

That would be nice

Dead game

Sorry senpai fozzie killed it

F2P is usually a last ditch effort to keep a game alive, but to blame fozzie specifically seems harsh.

>implying I made statements about disconnects
>upset that I don't agree that your warpto mechanic will save you from 100% of ganks
>call me a shitter because I don't like flying shiny shit in Jita

Ebin, go back to carebearing about the good old days bud.

Fozzie did sov
Greyscale did jump fatigue

Your right I guess he half killed it

>log on first time in months
>have a bunch of reedemable items for superb flying and shit, two gnosis and one of each of the other ships
What does it even mean? Are there achievement rewards now or what the fuck?

Also what the fuck did they do to Aura?