/hbg/ - Homebrew & hacking general

Last Thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.01 (Kernel)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Plailect revealed we can now use almost any DSiWare game for downgrading. 3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade
-Nintendo is offering $100 to $20,000 for 3DS vulnerabilities.
-A new exploit to downgrade from 11.1 is anticipated. If you still haven't got a cfw, DON'T UPDATE: you can use httpwn to play online and access the eShop.

>Wii U
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468
-New DNS that block updates have been released. gbatemp.net/threads/451486 & gbatemp.net/threads/436346
-New tool for dumping images from a Wii U disc has been released gbatemp.net/threads/wudump-dump-raw-images-from-a-wiiu-game-disc.451736/

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-Adrenaline released. gist.githubusercontent.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107/raw/readme.txt
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.01 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE

>PS3
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

gamnesia.com/news/nintendo-is-offering-up-to-20000-to-people-who-can-hack-the-3ds-to-find
3ds.titlekeys.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder that DS from SD isn't worth waiting for.
Also, Nintendo knows that you're using homebrew apps (FBI, Freeshop, HBL, etc) when you're connected to the internet because the dev's didn't set the title/serials to valid values, and those get sent over the Friend Code network.
Enjoy your bans.

Here's hoping they don't go way back checking those if they ever actually pursue those.

gachi

>Friend notification
>Disable showing your shit to friends

>Spotpass settings
>Disable sending info to nintendo

>>b-but nintendo is still spying you!

>no 5 hours

Favourite dragon quest game? Or favourite to emulate on vita

You say this, but then they end up banning legit players who played SuMo early online.

Gonna go out and buy OoT tomorrow so I can finally hack my old 3DS.

I played DiaPer from a flashcard, am I safe???

Still need a bit of help.

Good luck, user! Hug

Post your 3ds homescreen for inspiration.

>tfw no organization

Does everyone get its 3ds games from gg I'm fucked now without blackcats where should I go?

filthy casual

Wait, in the op above it states you can use any DSIWare game to downgrade. Can I use the game Crazy Train to downgrade my o3dsxl using my hacked 2ds then?

I legitimately have no idea what you're trying to communicate to me.

Learn reading and you may even find the specific games that CAN be used.

Is it okay if I'm not a hoarder?

fine
Does everyone get their 3ds games from gg I'm fucked now without blackcats where should I go?

if you already own it, check the size of the .sav file and read the guide to find out if it'll work. if you don't, read the guide.
what i'm saying is: read the guide

>Learn reading and you may even find the specific games that CAN be used.
Oh wait, nevermind. Didn't knew plailect updated the guide. Fuck me, I guess.

Why do you keep posting bullshit, autism-kun?

>gg
>blackcats
I still have no idea what you're talking about. Just do it like any non retard and use freeshop.

Is there a way to check the .sav file without owning it?

So were the Pokemon bans permanent?

I heard there was a way to add a psp game to my vita for adrenaline?

Hey buddy, you lost? Leather clubs two blocks down

Fuck you.

gamnesia.com/news/nintendo-is-offering-up-to-20000-to-people-who-can-hack-the-3ds-to-find

>Nintendo is this desperate to stop hacking
>even after Sun and Moon selling 10mil proves piracy doesn't do shit
>and at pretty much the end of the 3DS's lifespan
>not to mention they're gonna get smacked by like 100 people claiming the same method is something they found

On another note, couldn't hackers just look around for some non-important security fuckup and tell them, and get free money?

gibe theme

yep.

btw, my 3DS was banned, so I replaced the seed, nnidsave, and SecureInfo_A. I'm able to System Transfer to my New3DS now. Should I do It?

Is it a coincidence browserhax is way more fucky now than it was two weeks ago? Nintendo introduced that cash reward thing in the meantime.

i have a feeling nintendo ddos the browserhax server every once in a while

Quick reminder that DDOS are ILLEGAL, regardless if the victim is doing illegal/questionable stuff too.
Nintendo won't risk a lawsuit over this. The ones who are DDOSing are butthurt fans, at best.

Incredibly dumb question but I need to know,

So my henkaku Vita cannot run 3.61 games at all unless I update? Even if I buy them physically?

I was planning on importing SD Gundam but now I'm depressed.

Buy a pstv if you really want to play it

they're looking for ARM exploits because that's the architecture the Switch is using. But saying they want it for the 3ds makes is sound like they know what they're doing with security on the Switch and just "want to stop the 3ds pirates".
This is promising for us, because it means they still don't know what the fuck they're doing, and the Switch hardware is going to get rekt

Does multi console dsiware downgrades take away homebrew access from the other console or do they both get it?

>because it means they still don't know what the fuck they're doing
What did you expect honestly?
Anyway, alot of the exploits abuse an error on the graphic unit (dma specifically), right? Didn't they already state publicly that the switch uses a newer nvidia architecture (presumably maxwell)? So yea, I don't think the work that smea, yellows and pluto etc. did will transfer over to the switch.

keeps a9lh, loses everything else. make a backup first.

Can you play online with pirated Wii U games yet?

the fuckkkkk, I can't transfer any of the homebrew launcher files over microSD management?

no. it's not in the OP at all. it's impossible.

>it's impossible.
Why?

There's a trick to it........that Nintendo DOESN'T want you to know. How? Click >>>here

This ugly FRESH AS FUCK squid is playing SUPER HOT Wii U games online and basically, you're a fucking kid.

How...? Just watch the free video.

Click here to find out!

>tfw scientists hate him

So is the sorcery saga dump in the google sheets link safe/working?

I downloaded it and had issues installing.

The first time I had to uninstall and reinstall because the skittle was replaced with a spooky empty ghost skittle after the first time playing.

Crashed the second time and lead to a fatal error that forced me to boot in safe mode and reformat my vita

I bought an used new 3DS xl and he told me it's already hacked you press L after turn it on to show up the homebrew launcher 1.1.1 after that I don't know shit how do I get games?

Because it's not in the OP duh

Right, so I followed the tutorial on the OP and was able to install Luma and FBI without problem.
Now, what do I do?

You're all done!

Play games

>Playing games on a hacked 3ds

I mean, how?
Just transfer the files to the SD? What program do I use? Do I need any extra thing?
There's just too many things I'm ignorant of

you have menuhax installed. follow the guide in the OP to get CFW

Games (and applications) are called .cia files; download them from 3dsiso or whatever site, put them to your SD card, and install the .cia files using FBI (and delete the .cia files after to save space)
(homebrew applications can be found in a variety of places)
You can use a homebrew app called FTPD (in conjuction with any file transfer program on your computer, such as Filezilla) to transfer files wirelessly to your SD card

this meme has never made sense

nearly every platform had piracy before linux in the form of modchips/ode, but piracy was totes only possible because of the linux hackers!!!!

thats why the ps2 was never hacked for piracy either because it has official linux just like the ps3! oh wait...

What's the best method for injecting games in ofw ps3's? Googled a bit and there seems to be a method that doesn't require a cfw console, the TrueAncestor injector, is it a legit method or there are better choices? I just want to play persona 5

Because retards in current year can't even solder 4 wires to mod a 3DS let alone 14+ wires for a PS2 before FreeMCBoot existed.

I just followed all directions to get the arm9 exploit on my 3ds.

Before yesterday I was living under a rock and haven't touched my 3ds for months. I heard the convenient piracy tool to use now is Freeshop? It basically allows you to download from Nintendo's own servers right? What are the associated risk?

>I heard the convenient piracy tool to use now is Freeshop?
Yes.
>It basically allows you to download from Nintendo's own servers right?
>What are the associated risk?
None. Only risk is playing leaked games with online features before street date, which you can't do using freeShop anyway.

Really? People have just been "stealing" downloads from right under nintendo's nose? If there's no risk then it sounds almost way too good to be true.

How's the game selection? Are there any titles missing?

there's a few major titles missing (most notably shin megami tensei IV: apocalypse for US) but the grand majority are there

at least, those on the eshop

But for the missing titles I can just search for the cia files from the internet and just install them using fbi right?

It works because Nintendo have no kind of authentication for downloading contents from their cdn. The contents are all encrypted, so the only way to decrypt them into a usable state is with a hacked 3DS. freeShop takes care of all that automatically.
You can check the game selection here 3ds.titlekeys.com/ It's limited to titles that exist on the eShop, and that someone has uploaded a title key for. Anything not there or that only got a physical release, you'll have to find elsewhere as a cia.
When you open freeShop, go to settings, Uodate, tick Auto-update from URL and press the little QR button, then scan in the QR code from 3ds.titlekeys when you click the QR button on decTitleKeys.bin

right. freeshop even has the DLC for some of those missing games, so make sure to get a clean unmodified cia (aka 1% of the shit on 3dsiso) if you want to download the dlc off freeshop

Thanks for answering my questions.

y-you're welcome...

Thanks, based user!
You'll forever have my eternal gratitude!

Anyone know if mario maker on sky3ds or homebrew will instantly ban my ass if I go online?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>sky3ds

nigga PLEASE

Only if you play it online before release.

Is it released and you're not cheating/modding? Then it's safe.
If it's not released, or you're cheating/modding?
No, it'll get you banned.

THIS BTW APPLIES TO ANY GAME ON THE 3DS. STOP ASKING, FAGGOT.

>on sky3ds
Man you deserve to be banned for ever using that piece of shit.

>shitposting

nigga you picked the wrong time to try this shit

stock is bone dry everywhere

christmas + pokemon

sorry friendo
keep lookin', good luck

For the latest version of freeshop, does the download get interrupted if I leave the system too long and it goes into power saving modes? I don't want my downloads to get corrupted.

So my brother broke his 3ds and now it wont charge. I originally hacked it using the plailect guide on it. He's given me another 3ds and wants me to hack it. is there anything I can do to make the hacking of the second 3ds easier or should I just follow the guide again from scratch?

How else would I be able to dump a game bin without brain dump?
If I can use decrpyt9, what would I do?

I don't organize mine as well.
I just dump all the unneeded stuff into a folder and left all the games outside.

Any legalfags here in /hbg/? I plan on selling some A9LH 3DS's on Craigslist.

Is it illegal to sell 3DS's with pirated games, advertising the fact they were pirated? If so, is it illegal to sell 3DS's without the pirated games (but does have the titlekeys saved), but advertise that it can easily pirate games with freeShop?

Most people buy/pirate the games they only like anyway.

It's against eBays ToS to sell modified systems. You can advertise "9.2 homebrew/CFW/A9LH ready!", but not actually list the system as modded. Go to Craigslist for that level of grey market.

>gates to infinity
>not super mystery dungeon
Brick yourself.

Get your eyes checked.

I couldn't sell my gateway card, so I'm goin gto say yes. It's total bullshit, though, since bootleg shit is perfectly fine.

>having an NNID in the first place

So it's alright to go to Craigslist, say something like "Selling fully-hacked 3DS with Pokemon Sun/Moon downloaded! Can easily download more games for free!"?

I can't use words like "A9LH" because the normies won't get it.

Know any trigger words so I could evade Craigslist mods?

Can someone tell me what systems emulate very well on n3DS?

Actually, you should put terms like a9lh. People specifically look for these terms too, mostly retards who are too afraid to do this shit on their own.

nes snes gba genesis gb gbc and ps1 is okish with low resource games

Well shit. I wonder if I can bend it a bit:

3DS for sale! Has Pokemon Sun/Moon and several other great games installed!

Might be more of a scam, but they are getting something better in return so maybe I'd feel less guilty about it.

Duly noted, thanks user.
>mfw mastering Plailect's handholding paid off

ayy how much would you sell one to a fellow user trying to do a system transfer?