>your insurance costs more every month than your car payment

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Tracer-Products-TP34000601-Fluorescent-Detection/dp/B000JFHNTM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>my insurance costs more than my rent
>my insurance costs more than any other expense I have

>browsing for new used car
>have several options
>Lexus rarely even appears in the ads and has higher insurance rates and fuel costs than a fucking Mercedes of similar age, power and trim
>Volvo is more common and affordable but usually high mileage and won't let me live out my suppressed Japan affection

>want a new car
>with my wage getting the one I want takes like a year
>current car is on last legs and breaking down
>a lot of money goes into fixing my current car
>tfw I love it but it's not sporty enough and fix her because she deserves it after a decade of service

>You paid for a car with the money that you never had
>You don't see the problem

>car starting to get lots of scratches

So, did you finance that STi over 72 months?

Holy fuck my issuance for 2 cars is a tenth of my rent. How many sidewalks have you driven down?

The insurance on my project car is $20/mo
The insurance on my daily shitbox is 120/mo full coverage (one accident) vs 160/mo payment

why do you faggots have monthly insurance payments ? In poland we have one insurance payment PER YEAR. And for example my mom pays for her dacia something like 50 $ / year, thats dirt cheap

Because it probably doesn't cover shit. I only have liability on the Jeep and the car is only high because I smashed an SL1, but it covers any property or vehicle damage to $30,000 and medical coverage of some sort as well. I also have some tack-ons like roadside and rental reimbursement, but the rental coverage is going away once the project is roadworthy again. Your country also probably has a super low rate of accidents due to rural environments or lower traffic rates.

I pay roughly $250 quarterly which averages out to $65 a month for my cheapo Volvo shitwagon

>having a car payment
>spending money you don't have

financed a wrx over 72 months

>your insurance costs more every month than your car payment

You may have cost savings by moving to a new location. Insurance rates are not completely by zip code as they subdivide zip code areas into zones. If your agent is helpful, he will work it out with you in his office. Those telephone-only agents are not so helpful and simply hide behind "we only use zip codes" when that is not the actual case.

>why do you faggots have monthly insurance payments
Because insurance companies do that to allow for faster rate changes. The USA insurance companies collect data all the time from car fax, government, banks, and even adjust your rates based on your credit rating score.

>why do you faggots have monthly insurance payments?
Americans just love paying in instalments because they're kept so poor by instalment payments that they can't pay upfront for things.
I call it the finance cycle.

Personally, I pay for insurance yearly. No interest, no 'insurance premium tax', no rate changes, fully comprehensive by default.

>20 years old
>Pristine driving record, literally no tickets at all
>Insurance is literally my biggest expense, often can be my entire paycheck

>Car leaking oil
>Can't find where the fuck it's coming from
>Oil spots everywhere

>Do unique transmission swap that not many people have done
>Encounter issue that people have solved really easily
>None of those fixes worked
>Glaring issue with my car now that makes it horrible to drive on highways

>Because insurance companies do that to allow for faster rate changes.
The insurance companies I've used to 6 month or 12 month policies and the rate is locked in for that period. Monthly payments are just so you don't have to drop ~$600 in one go if you don't want to.

>financing a car
shiggy

>have good credit
>graduate uni debt free
>get job in different state
>only have a few grand in cash to work with for new car (old shit chevy with 194k miles won't cut it) and finding new apt (security deposit + first/last months rent)
>job pays well so can afford any reasonably priced car
why would I buy a 3k civic when I can get something nice and new with a warranty that will last me 10-15 years?

insurance in the US is kinda of joke the minimal amount they cover is ridiculous
if for exemple you get T bone by a guy that has the minimal insurance
they will pay you 25 000 max and then you have to sue for more
that's fucking ridiculous especially with the cost of hospital treatment in the US

2500 a year for 6 vehicles insured. Full comp on three of them.

The most expensive is my shit daily driver beater because it is a boy racer car.

>Your car is slowly dying
>Fixing it would cost more than the car
>No money

>The paints already faded
>Can't take pride in how your car looks

What's the swap and what's the problem m8

>dont have a car payment
>buddy owns a genesis coupe
>5 months of his car payment is equal to what i paid for my car
>he can only beat me by half a car length
>mfw

>slid on snow on shit tires a year ago and swiped a telephone pole
>window didnt break, no goofy misalignment strafe, runs ok
>take girl on date and have to open door for her from inside cuz no door handle
>no second date
>no mirror on passenger side so merging right is always a pain
>rocker bent so a new door would make a gap at the bottom

i feel so uncool

>your car costs more every month than your rent

>want to buy and daily a classic
>everyone says buy a 3k civic or 40k crossover that you can't afford
>hard to find some place that will finance without raping me.

I just want to drive an old car and be happy...

OR...
>try to find out information on older cars
>all boomers can say "it's all about the feeling and muh v8!"
Nigga! I need to know gas milage!

>don't get any tickets/car accidents etc.
>insurance still increases about once a year

>$140/month for liability only

lol holy shit buy an econobox then. you obviously don't want a classic car.

>get insurance under my mommy's name
>cheap as fuck

Do I get a v8 if it's only 1 or 2mpg worse than anot I6? Boomers are the most inconsistent people on the fucking earth

Liability on '99 Maxima
$80-month
Full coverage ($500 deductible) on '89 Cavalier
$50-month

Every old big block V8: 8mpg
Every old small block V8: 12mpg
Every old I6: 18mpg

I don't quite understand what you're trying to say, but if your biggest concern when buying a classic is gas mileage, then you're looking at the wrong cars.

'89 Accord

Fucking $370 a month

How stupid are you?

I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid.
City life sucks.

>insurance costs more than you paid for the car

stop running people over mang

It feels good tho

I'm just wanting to upgrade from 13mpg man

My car payment is $650.

My insurance is $75.

It's okay I guess.

>become best bros with a guy who details his car to an extent that only an OCD autist could comprehend.
>find myself slowly turning into an OCD autist.
>buy a nice car because I graduated college and got a good job.
>start paint correction, discover that paint is super soft and literally impossible to polish 100% without leaving microscopic swirl marks that literally no one else would ever notice
>contemplate suicide daily

>been saving money for a few years
>always wanted a Shelby gt500
>finally have the cash plus trading in my 05 Celica
>the night before I was going to buy the car some faggot hits my car
When the cop showed up he said really wanted me to go to the hospital because it looked like I had a concussion. The reality was I was so fucking pissed I couldn't even form a coherent sentence. I guess in hindsight that faggot hitting me worked out. He did so much damage to my car is was almost totaled by his insurance, $5900 in damages. My Celica's exterior is basically brand new now. They had to replace every panel on the car minus the bumper. As of now I got 30k sitting in the bank or whenever I decide to get a new car. Shame they stopped making the gt500

>My car payment is zero because I'm not a broke piece of shit

MFW I bought a loaded version of the same car I already had (same year) and insurance went down by 15%
I don't fucking understand, how does this shit works.
>2dr to 4dr
>i4 to V6
>5spd to Slush
>2wd to 4x4
>SR5 to TRD Off Road
The exact opposite should have happened.

Best face I could find.

i cant hear you over my standard of living on credit

sorry, i enjoy what you dont

>live on campus
>Need to do brake work, change oil, a few other things
>I have no garage, tools, and I can't use the parking lot

I'm moving back home after this semester, fuck the city I'll commute from my parents farm

>insurance costs $220/mo
>shitbox from 1995
HELP

>Buy first car, for job after motorcycle accident
>Now have to sit in a hour traffic each way.

What do you guys do in traffic? Im just staring at the car in front think about all the choice i made that got me to this position

>Car has small issues that are rapidly piling up
>Can't afford all the parts
>Can't afford professional work
>Car has a catastrophic cooling system failure
>Sits in back lot for months as i scrounge up the cash for the repair
>Parts lost in transit

Haven't had a proper vehicle since august and it's slowly killing me.

>they didn't buy their cars outright in cash

noobs

dont argue with them, any faggot that just parrots on this board "hurr financing a car" is a salty ass 1k dollar running cl special driver

>be good driver
>never get any tickets or accidents
>monthly premium drops because of this
>it also rises because jews, inflation, etc
>insurance never gets cheaper or more expensive

You think you have it bad?

>ride motorcycle
>can't even pass between stopped cars because ITS NOT FAIR, WE MEAN, SAFE, YEAH, SAFE, SOMEONE COULD DOOR YOU BECAUSE IT'S NOOOOT FAAAAIR STOP PASSING TRAFFIC ;_;

just do it anyway

Yeah, they can take your license for it.

Because it's not fair.

Use to lanesplit all the time, im guessing its not legal where you are

To all of you guys with stupidly high insurance rates, what the fuck did you do wrong? Is your provider jewing you?

Can't split. Can't filter. Cops have an unusually prejudiced attitude against it after one too many (read: one) kid with a long ass fedora rant in store

>"oh so you think it's not fair fuck off cager you conservative cucks can't even use your brains for a second and hate everything different rah rah rah"

I did it once. Filtered to the front of a light on a main road with two lanes going each way. They gave me a warning, and said "now wait until that whole lane has passed and take your place" while recounting a story about a "shithead liberal" who "hated rules and had no respect". The guy paraphrased in the greentext, obviously.

And you know, the paraphrased greentext guy's third-hand words are spot on. I looked that officer in the eyes while he was talking about how following the law is just so important and he looked like he was talking about fucking jesus. Not a thought in his head except for a grand feeling of importance, glory, and justice.

I have a perfect driving record, but because I'm a guy and because I live in Canada, my insurance cost about $3200 a year because I drive a nice car. Insurance companies in this country are CUNTS!!! I can't wait to fucking leave this cucked country.

why do people argue with cops

if it's not a small town, the cops don't care, they enforce the law as the law is. if you want to change the law and don't have a lot of people behind you blow a trump-sized fortune on lawyers.

Mfw when found a mint '98 LS400 four under $4500 with under 120k miles and in less than a week of looking.

>alimony costs more than my car payment

I can't hear you over that mountain of debt you're under.
What's that? Your economy tanked, you lost your job, and all your shit got repoed?

You can pay semi annually on my insurance plan. As each insurance block is for 6 months. However they break it up into monthly payments so it matches your other monthly bills. It's just a service for the customer.

I watch TV on my phone

Depending on the engine you can do a lot to improve your mileage by upgrading or changing your transmission/gearing and rejeting and tuning your carburetor. Also you can get a throttle body fuel injection kit. That will help power and mpg. Of course all this costs money.

2 door to 4 door means alot. Also they might have reqouted you and it went down due to your record.

You can't commute home and change that shit at your parents house. When I was swapping out the engine in my nice car I drove home 2 hours every weekend for 2 months to get the job done.

>Complains about money
>Bought Veeky Forums pass

I pay $240 a month. I'm 25, male, drive a RWD manual sports coupe. I have two accidents on my record, one was ruled no fault by the officer on scene but somehow was decided by insurance that it was mine, the other wasn't my fault because rear ended. I have the bare basics required by my dealership, any extra insurance would raise my monthly payment by over $100.

So it's both. Accidents or bad marks on driving record, provider 100% jewing the shit out of people.

>>Do unique transmission swap that not many people have done

Where do you faggots get the retarded custom of never identifying your problem vehicles? This gotta be some teencunt shit because only teens and other mindless creatures would embrace such a meme and Americucks are teens until forty.

POST YEAR, MAKE, MODEL, MODS, SPECIFIC ISSUE YOU STUPID SHIT!

Go buy some UV oil dye and a cheap penlight, though the larger HVAC lights are nicer to use. Drive car, shine light underneath at night.

You can get dyes for all automotive fluids.

Example:
amazon.com/Tracer-Products-TP34000601-Fluorescent-Detection/dp/B000JFHNTM

UV lights are cheap so find one you like.

You are on the road to wisdom. Good you for having the balls to work on your own ride, now don't get too frustrated and do figure out your problem.

One day you will help others. Wrenching is life.

>>hard to find some place that will finance without raping me.

Wrong strategy. Never, never daily a toy. Never finance a toy. Vehicles are only part of a life strategy. This may be hard to understand, but think it through. Hobbies should not bleed money, and daily drivers should not be thirsty because that sucks money from everything else you use money for.

If mileage matters, that means you can't afford it. If you have to finance, you can't afford it. Classics look nice. That is pretty much all. I grew up working on most of what you likely consider classics when they were relatively new. They ain't that great. Choose carefully and if you can't buy for cash, ignore until you can.

If you want to play with old cars/trucks/bikes, here's how:

Become a good DIY mechanic. This changes your life in wonderful ways and saves you insane amounts of money over time. It complements many jobs. It makes you versatile. You will feel the powah.

A pickup truck is extremely useful. Large, small, whatever, IDGAF, but trucks > cars for getting shit done. Small utterly reliable truck with plentiful parts is best for daily. Cheap, plentiful parts and aftermarket support are vital for any daily.

Acquire tools and knowledge. Become a mobility fanatic so you can move the tools when you move. Learn about job boxes and other tradie work solutions. Become a fucking human encyclopedia regarding vehicles, theory of operation, wiring, troubleshooting, etc.

You'll play with various vehicles along the way. You will make mistakes. You will break things. All this is totally worth knowledge and power gained.

Do this right and you'll end up awash in toys. Take a community college auto shop course if possible. Totally fucking worth it.

Have fun. Also, cars are boring. Baiku = better and you can fit more in your garage.

My redneckbro schooled me on insurance. You can shop for lowest rates easily in Burgerland and switch companies constantly. He'd do insurance jobs on his and other vehicles which were bought cheap, turn a nice profit, then switch companies.

Also learned how to total any unibody car. Hit it hard in a rear quarter enough to buckle structure. For trucks, hit them enough to bend the frame at a crush zone and/or buckle the cab floor.

Most fun was ramming the fuck out of a Caddy with his wrecker. Most push bumpers are for pushing, but he built that one for war. He sat in the Caddy and held the brakes, I drilled it, then drove away while he reported a "hit and run".

BTW this shit doesn't move your insurance rates. Legit wrecks are enormously more common and the insurance co's wallow in money. Now go hunt a deal.

>Be 20
>No one is willing to insure a car above 90hp for someone under 25

I feel like a kid

>tfw you fix one thing and another breaks the same day
also
>tfw your monthly parking permit costs more than my car payment

>>your insurance costs more every month than your car payment
stop being 17, stop driving shitty.

>tfw parking costs you more than insurance, tax, fuel and maintenance put together

also just an observation for all those who say insurance is ridiculous in yurop, it looks just as bad in north america.

>>with my wage getting the one I want takes like a year
welcome to adulthood, time to settle for what fits in your budget and comes closes to meeting your needs. This is not going to be the last time that happens.

Been there.

Paid $250/mo for insurance on a Mustang GT that cost me $245/mo to own. That was when I was 18

Now I have a '14 GT500 and pay $70/mo for full coverage (limited mileage). The payment is only $500/mo but I put $1400/mo towards it to kill the loan by next Spring.

>wake up hungover
>start your open downpipe saab, the cold idle nearly makes you want to blow your brains out
>short shift at 2k, the vibrations are coming through the floorboard
>your head feels like its going to explode

Automatic + 4dr is your answer. Doesn't matter if the 2dr was way slower, in my experience.

Used GT500?

>ride shitbike motorcycle
>insurance is $200
>a year

>can go 200 miles on $6 worth of gas

god it feels good not to be stuck in a cage
I also get 2x+1 the amount of pussy cagers get

>have considered getting a bike several times for commuting
>have seen 3 separate accidents where motorcycles get mowed down right in front of me

how do i get over this fear senpai?

>Radio Stuck in the dash
>30 year old Speakers sound like crap
>Cruise control suddenly stopped working
>Door stripping rotten
>Paint terrible
>AC makes horrible sounds and only kind of works
>Fog lights don't work
>Engine makes grinding sound when it revs up
>No money or time or space to work on any of this

Practice defensive driving. Don't put yourself between cars

Someone lives in the ghetto and has DUIs

Mother fuck I know those feels.

She left all my assets alone but wanted her fucking G wagon paid for.

Lucky 7's should help your situation out user.

Godspeed.

Thank you, and checked.

You have to keep in mind, it's not that much more common to get into an accident on a motorcycle than in a car.

The only real difference is that if you ARE in an accident on a bike, you're more likely to get seriously injured.

That being said, you need to armor yourself to the teeth, physically and psychologically. You can't skimp on gear, and you need to learn how to identify "problem situations" for a motorcycle.

the single most common crash type between a motorcycle and a car is a person turning in front of you.

The limeys call this a "SMIDSY, or a "Sorry mate, didn't see ya" because that's what they all say when they wind up having a motorcycle crash into them. This is also where the phrase/slogan "Look twice for motorcycles" comes from.

And one thing you should know is that almost all motorcycle crashes are non-fatal crashes involving only the motorcycle, because the rider didn't think they could lean enough in a turn. Hint - they could have.
Like I said, these crashes are almost always non-fatal.

also take a fucking MSF/your country's version course before even thinking of driving on a road.
seriously, this'll help more than anything besides real road experience.

Do you buy a house with cash as well?

>not financing at low APR to get a car some shitstain hasn't already ruined

Fucking pleb.