github.com/EmmittJ/PoESkillTree/releases/
>Helpful links
pastebin.com/1GThtBUt (embed)
>"Hey guys what's the price on this piece of shit item"
poe.trade/
>Wiki
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile_Wiki

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2016/12/01/health/hallucinogenic-mushrooms-psilocybin-cancer-anxiety-depression.html
exilemods.com/
pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAKW0nySbrxW7WGce6i5DFJPBEPIW6CnVXwOaPLwH6IABLPhc-0ggptX4nflWfM62CcvkFUaODKJrKpyqfcy6hj46xRxDjw6Utl8NugaVWEhhO_awUMxTP9OKiPTj2C8nxiR7T_bXjfUggfv63asz347DXTtBS1JUREPTC1brw2Nh3bjn0p9_MXuDqOKI_ZNko19MHxRR-dUJP3_3vGKbAg-z73mjb_UIzBx3ahLeDpCBbXC7LTFYqxsjPDV2-dHBvLhY0PQ0I_67BjBxYhCgh4UsJphx8rJRL7uP3Ns5wmgznCGYFAwrJg6WFXG
archived.moe/vg/thread/162227801/#q162231295
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fuck shitcorws

Can vaal breach be used in the izaro fight ?

Only 100 chaos to make your golem AI not shit!

>Why doesn't GGG just make some bosses that are actually threatening if you're a screen and a half away?
Short list of bosses that are easier for melee than ranged:

Vaal Oversoul (will favor slam over laser at melee range, rocks will not hit at melee range, slam at melee range is very obvious and easy to sidestep) - kinda ironic you would skip this iconic boss but mention Dominus

Lunaris Piety (Ice form is extremely dangerous and avoided by either melee/ranged, Fire form is the easiest and takes the fight to you, trying to offscreen it is pointless, this is where you DPS her and is melee's comfort zone)

Izaro as mentioned previously (Goddess will not fire the mortar barrage at melee range, can see the obvious one-shot attacks and sidestep them instead of being hit by a back hand sword slash/leap slam from 2 screens away and cry on the forums Izaro is too hard for ranged)

Na'em (similar to Izaro, will not phys spear nova at melee range)

Doedre (weak auto attacks at melee range rather than the blood vomit balls)

Tunneltrap (big projectile has Far Shot, will one-shot ranged while melee can tank it)

Shaper (weak auto attacks at melee range rather than the two-shot frostbolts) - the arena mechanics put melee at disadvantage but the boss himself is easier for melee since you outright avoid the bullshit balls until 3rd phase

i'm gonna reroll this map until it doesn't have +% shitposts

>implying the maps that drop here aren't always corrupted

nytimes.com/2016/12/01/health/hallucinogenic-mushrooms-psilocybin-cancer-anxiety-depression.html

any new non-obvious / "interesting" build emerged using the new uniques? bored as fuck desu

area is inhabited by animeposters
area contains one extra catposter
posters gain -20% reduced (You)s
posters have -15% less intelligence
shitposting pack size: +12%

isn't -x% intelligence an implicit

Newfag here, Act 2, I should take Kraityn's reward right? +Mana and +Health seem so underwhelming compared to +10% to all resistances, unless that bonus only applies to resistances you already have. That makes me wonder, if I have 10% on all resistances would taking that reward take me to 11% or 20%?

it would take you to 20%, all resists are additive. But its really easy to cap your resists, 40 base health is much much better.

why does this wand have so many stats??

2 are hybrid

see exilemods.com/

bookmark it, comes in handy for crafting

Thanks, yeah I was checking my actual resistances and everything is already over 30% already. What about the passive skill point? Doesn't see worth it really.

Somebody hacked it, you better vendor it quick before you get banned.

reminder to ignore the /pol/ freak who pooposts in our no hate zone

kraitlyn's act 1 reward is pretty much the only bandit reward that is picked never by all builds

you can easily get resists on gear where currency is your only limiting factor, getting resist capped is pretty fucking cheap and easy though

oh, prob the mana\mana regen and %phys and flat phys huh

what the hell are you even talking about?

You've had too many energy drinks, animeposter

Look around the tree. Do you see +40 base life anywhere? Most of the time, that 1 passive point is +10 to str/int/dex and that's just really wasteful. A good tree will have 170%+ life or more. That means the 40 base health from oak is over 100 max health in your final pool. That's pretty good, much better than 1 passive point.

reposting

Is it worth
>losing 1800 armor
>300 life - down from 6200 to 5900

to use tabula rasa all the time?
I only have a 4 link otherwise, no 5link ever and I blew at least 80 fusings already

i would advice to never pick bandit rewards on normal and cruel, and on merciless only if you know what you are doing

points are generally much more valuable

You forgot Malachai on norm cruel merciless and also later on Core.

In melee range Malachai will auto attack and his auto attacks are very weak.

most jewels cost 2 points.

1 point buys you half the way there, and a single jewels can give you 7% health , in addition to 2 other useful offensive multipliers

>use tabula rasa all the time

you dont need a fucking 6l to clear t6 maps, noobcrow

use real armor

Sometimes I shitpost in here about all sorts of things just to rile people up. It's good to know you believe now

>passing up 40 base life
you're retarded
>m-muh jewels
no, go spout garbage somewhere else shitcrow

Could someone recommend a good beginner build?

>doing some facebreaker infernal blow while leveling
>Remember how awful it is to actually have to target something

I don't know how people can stand to play targeted skills all the time desu

i really hope you are b8ing

no matter how you combine the normal+cruel rewards, you wont get anything NEAR competitive with a good jewel (2 points).

not by far

>calling people shitcrows when you dont know basic game mechanics

kek

help!

I don't know what I'm doing

pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAKW0nySbrxW7WGce6i5DFJPBEPIW6CnVXwOaPLwH6IABLPhc-0ggptX4nflWfM62CcvkFUaODKJrKpyqfcy6hj46xRxDjw6Utl8NugaVWEhhO_awUMxTP9OKiPTj2C8nxiR7T_bXjfUggfv63asz347DXTtBS1JUREPTC1brw2Nh3bjn0p9_MXuDqOKI_ZNko19MHxRR-dUJP3_3vGKbAg-z73mjb_UIzBx3ahLeDpCBbXC7LTFYqxsjPDV2-dHBvLhY0PQ0I_67BjBxYhCgh4UsJphx8rJRL7uP3Ns5wmgznCGYFAwrJg6WFXG

vaal power siphon

>5links are 1c
>belly is probably less than 5c

there are loads of better options than a fucking tabula

Seek clinical help

Blade Vortex, Stormcall, Firestorm, Blade Furries, Cyclone

Anyone advocating bandit rewards over jewels needs their brain checked. There is a reason BiS jewels go for multiple exalts and just reasonably good ones still score dozens of chaos.

Not even going into build-enabling jewels since some of those are simply broken and they are unafordable for most players anyway.

but my 50% more damage...

you realise most builds already take into account nearby jewel slots

you wont usually get a whole extra jewel slot especially if the tree already utilizes bandit skill points instead of their rewards

if I'm looking for only damage jewels since I don't care for 7% inc life how much damage would I need for it to be worth it?

500+ jeweller and no 6s

dumb cat poster

this is simple math you dumbshit nigger. a good build might have 2200 base life if it wears Kaom's Heart. Oak gives you 40 more. 2240/2200 - 1 = ~0.02. It's a fucking 2% more modifier to your life. If you have a jewel thats 2 points away, you're getting half of a 7% increased. 2% more > 3.5% increased.

I guess it's all gravy when you have 6 portals though.

never reply to me again

dont use vulgar language here
this is a no hate general

Am I seriously the only one who's playing Lightning Strike in here?

30% to all resistances at level 15 helps you not die before you actually get the chance to transition to CI

sorry man, but when shitcrows start getting uppity it really rustles my jimmies.

content is gated behind survivability not damage

you are fucking retarded, 1 skill point isn't going to get you a jewel slot. decent builds will already get all of them that are reasonably nearby. one skill point isn't going to put any other jewel slots into reach, it gets to a point where you'll have to spend 4-6 points minimum just to get another one.

Er, I mean 30% more resistances

advocating new players plan on dumping 20 regret is morally reprehensible.

you can get about 45-48% of inc damage on a jewel with 3 good rolls

but cast/attack speed on 1 or 2 of those rolls may end up being better. depends on how you are building

If shitcrows get on your skin take your frustration in the ghost zone archived.moe/vg/thread/162227801/#q162231295

What the WW Barb of PoE?

unless you've somehow managed to pick up absolutely no damage nodes, 4xattack/cast speed of the appropriate type is probably the biggest damage increase.

Cyclone Marauder

prepare for disappointment

Survivability = damage

But since the guy mentioned armor, if you have like 250%+ armor from your tree since you play earthquake or another similar build you'd be a fool to not get a 1500 armor chest.

5 linking isn't even that expensive, 50c max on vorici.

please tell me how much more life is 2% more to 3.5% increased in your own calculation. because its clear you have no idea what you are doing

if you plan in order to utilize them for jewels, yes they do buy you one

He doesn't understand that most builds can't just grab infinite jewels for 2 points lel.

I just got into cruel hardcore for the first time, what flasks do I want?

i really wonder if you guy(s) just came back after not playing for 2 years. jewels are old news and the bandit meta for the past few leagues has always been point point frenzy(or point)

Even if it would buy you a jewel slot, i could just substract a point from somewhere else on your garbage skilltree and replace it with a better bandit reward. Because 40 base life > 5% health.

A decent tree might have 190% increased life between tree and jewels it was getting anyways.

Your half a jewel point means this tree now has 193.5%.

My 2% more from the +40 base means this tree now has 193.8%.

And this is assuming you're wearing a kaom's heart, it STILL is better to get the base life than half a jewel.

It's one thing to shit up the thread with -10% experience. It's another to tell new players to.

grab halloween flasks. roll them into instant. grab an utility flask too

5 quicksilvers

I've actually been wondering about utility flasks, which ones I want, when, why, etc. I think my flask usage is probably my worst area of play.

Get a Basalt ASAP, then run 2 instant life flasks of the highest you have the level for until you get Divines, then you have 1 quicksilver and the last flask can be another life flask or a stibnite with a utility suffix, or if you need mana go for a hybrid flask.

Only 190% life with Jewels? My EQ build has 238% with jewels included ;o.

It's still oneshotting packs in tier 13 maps even with some damage reduction mods.

40 base life may be better than 5% life. but not better than 5% life and 2 offensive rolls. and definitely not better than 7% life and whatever else rolls you have

come on. do the full calculation. after your 2 bandits you will have 193.8 AND 8% attack speed OR 16% inc phys OR 5% cast speed

after my 2 points ill have 194% life, whatever stat from the point spent to reach the jewel socket, and at least 2 other offensive stats of my chosing

retard

Thanks. How do I know when I need to pop a Basalt or Stibnite flask? Should I just try to keep them up by clearspeed/quick kills?

basalt is always good

if you are armor based, granite is good
if you are eva-ranged; grab jade. if you are eva-melee, stibnite

i always roll with 2 utility flasks but ymmv. at least use one

Do you play shitcore?

Given 200% bonus life on a character with 2400 base hp, the character would have 7.2k hp. Extra 2.5% would make it +60. But the +40 would be +120.

Even so on most trees you can only get 3 sockets, sometimes 4 or more but that depends on the build. Don't give bad advice because you either never play life builds or play softcore.

Can you keep up please? In order to get that jewel I could just grab a 5% life node from anywhere else on your tree and get the oak passive AND your 5 ex jewels.

Go ahead, show me a tree where that one skill point is going to give you a jewel slot.

You pop both and go fuck shit up, pop them again when you need it. Cruel mob density should be enough to keep it going as long as you don't spam them. Try using them for big packs or risky mobs/situations.

what's bad about softcore? hardcore is unplayable this league

Try to keep basalt up as often as you can. Also roll it for the +flask effect prefix. It makes it harder to keep up because it needs to many charges, but it's worth it for the extra phys reduction.

Stibnite is just really really good for keeping up utility suffixes like staunching or heat, because it lasts for 20 seconds without refilling charges. Also you can just drop the smoke cloud on a scary enemy and they're blinded for free so they miss an assload.

I'll try to get a feel for it. Thanks again, sorry for the newbie questions.

Does that cloud work on bosses?

Another more general question I have is level appropriate gear vs keeping lower level gear with higher resistances.

>Go ahead, show me a tree where that one skill point is going to give you a jewel slot.

there are 4 of those, retard.

and obviously im not merely talking about limiting your your choices to them

2400 x (1+207%) = 7368
2400 x (1+200%) = 7320

another retard who didnt do the math

and thats not counting the offensive stats on the jewel

man up

>2400 x (1+200%) = 7320

oops

it is 2440 x (1+200%) = 7320

exact same result. merely a typo in the factor

I haven't played this shit since release in 2011 or whatever. Tell me what to play because I have no fucking clue.

No.
NoOOOooOOO.

You're actually this retarded and not just trolling.

We just assumed the most favorable scenario for you. You're wearing a kaom's heart and have a lot of other life on your gear. You have a tree with relatively little life on it already. I just went back and double checked my math, and I actually messed up a little. You have 293.5% total life, whereas the 2% more from +40 base is 295.8%. That's a substantial difference.

And It's STILL more life to take the oak point. Don't try to make this about the cruel point, everyone knows those are bad. You can spend the cruel point on something useful without needing the normal point.

There is no jewel slot that you WOULDN'T get if you had 1 less skill point in your build

So its a question of 40 HP vs a jewel slot that takes 3 points or more to reach

Capping resistances is the most vital part of your defenses, you can get away with keeping them at 50-60% if you know what you're doing, but sooner or later something is going to push your shit in if you don't keep them up.

Resistance cap is the first thing you take into consideration, luckily it's fairly easy.

I don't think you understand, skillpoint vs oak has been a hot debate from the moment that shit came out, it has always boiled down to 40 base life vs 5% node. There is a reason that's the only thing that discussion boils down to. Even if we expand the discussion to 40 base life and phys/AS/CS it will still boil down to 40 base vs 5%. Go and design a tree instead of "doing the math" based on a flawed principle.

>moving goalpost "y-y-you are just assuming whats better for y-yy-you!!"
>when on the post you first replied i specifically spoke about both normal and cruel points

If i had picked the most favorable scenario for me, i would have taken (in this hypothetical case) one of the 4 1-point jewels. and Im not doing that.

Closed beta started in 2012 and it went open beta in early 2013. Try blade flurry.

show me a build that is 1 point away from a jewel and needs the extra skill point from normal to spec into that jewel socket by level 90. there's a difference between taking the most favorable reasonable scenario and making shit up.

What 5% life node are you not getting in a build that is -1 skill point?

It's like, MAYBE you could say a 3% life node
More than likely its just some 10% increased damage node or stats

>Closed beta started in 2012 and it went open beta in early 2013.
My b I was going off of my forum join date of 8th dec 2011. And what class for blade flurry? Does it matter?

most take 2. the 3 point ones normally are only for builds that really really rely on jewels and then you have to take them, its no longer an option.

no. it boids down to long term planing vs short term yolo builds

well planned builds will properly utilize every point, while bandit rewards can be a-ok on yolo builds that you make with no clear strategy in sight

im not going to feed you builds.

but 2 of those jewels are notoriously in the way on most crit or ele builds. the other 2 are less so.

Shadow because it's a good starting spot to grab attack speed early on.

>all this text on an imageboard

>make a tree that paths to 4 jewel slots and literally nothing else

Congratulations in this situation (and only this situation) you're actually right.

Exactly, but let's give this muh skillpoint retard the absolute most favorable situation so he can't back pedal into meaningless arguments.

I'm still waiting on that skill tree that only needs 1 skill point to get a jewel where all pathing ends are better than 40 base life. Show me that skill tree and I will literally suck your dick.

back

what spectres should i use poeg

defensive ones

i'm CI SRS

Uh, there are others besides bubbles?

i'm going mirror arrow :)

>be proven wrong even under your own hand-picked example

>now asks for a complete build in which this applies

since your entire argument rests on your being unable to properly spec a passive tree so i can understand why you want someone to teach you; but some day you are going to have to stop copying other people's builds and try to make something on your own. its for you own good

guy who said you were missing out if you weren't playing raider was right

clears content so fast and facetanks everything