/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, December 9th:
480 – Odoacer, first King of Italy, occupies Dalmatia. He later establishes his political power with the co-operation of the Roman Senate.
1824 – Patriot forces led by General Antonio José de Sucre defeat a Royalist army in the Battle of Ayacucho, putting an end to the Peruvian War of Independence.
1835 – Texas Revolution: The Texian Army captures San Antonio, Texas.
1931 – The Constituent Cortes approves a constitution which establishes the Second Spanish Republic.
1940 – World War II: Operation Compass: British and Indian troops under the command of Major-General Richard O'Connor attack Italian forces near Sidi Barrani in Egypt.

>News
CK2 Monks and Mystics Announced
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/crusader-kings-ii-monks-and-mystics-announced.986031/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V9
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!exMGUQAJ!D-ziwMfaHdtSnhMRmq7UGVpDmhvPwtnW68aAGtfXlRQ
dropbox.com/s/anjg7ctwsbbizzc/HPM 3.6.1.7z)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Based

New ck2 dlc when

are there any poop and fart mods for ck2?

Not until the stars align and johan sacrifice a maternity full of ethnic swedes to appease the devil he made a bargain with, I heard DLC for Stellaris and HOI4 aren't doing well.

Finally a nice, white and based thread.

Prob on the steam workshop.

Or on some shady inactive forum[/spoiler

>tfw 300 years later you're finally returning to reclaim the lands that some of your long-lost crusader brothers lost in the rich trading regions of India after a successful crusade.
>tfw finally liberating them from their oppressive lords who force them to practice heathen religions
>tfw going to set up an indian client state to purge this pooland and convert it to the rightful religion once and for all before vic 2 convert

>tfw the perfidious Prussian betrays you to the Autrians

WHAT DO I WANT?
I WANT CHEEVOS
WHEN DO I WANT THEM?
I WANT THEM NOW

can someone please tell me a way to get achievements with legit EU4 but pirated DLC?

CreamAPI
If it doesn't work you're just fucked.
Stop whoring for fucking achievements.

sure buddy you play the game as you would and when you complete the requirements for the achievement instead of getting it by the 'legit way' you go and open your SAM program and give yourself the achievement that you should get

Rip MP

Vespi you meme

t. Irelad

We should raid nairaland

B-but that's too much work user
And I quite like popups

What is that? I know jack shit about computers

Ill play MP tomorrow after work
servers back up on christmas, see u there bb

It's a crack for the DLC you dumbass, which one are you even using?

>Francien

It's either SKIDROW or CODEX

I may just be a dumb noob, but I can't understand whats happening in my current CK2 game. Pic related, and here's the background info:
>Be King of Ireland and Mercia
>End up with a queen, she does OK but pisses a lot of people off cause female ruler
>Queen dies, son takes over
>almost immediately, assholes rebel for increased council power; assholes hold most of Mercia
>Can't win on my own, Ally with Pictland
>Pictland helps, start to win
>Pictland switches sides apparently? Now hostile to both
>Rebels have their own rebellion
>Some petty Welsh kingdom also declares war
>Can't find anyone to make peace with. Not that they refuse, I can't even make the offer. Checked the leader of the revolt, checked the Welsh king, checked the Pictish king
What do I do? Is my game bugged?

Also, note my relations; I'm hostile with Pictland twice apparently and also still allied with them somehow.

game crashed t.bh

I told you to get cream api last thread nigger, how much spoonfeeding do you need?

Jesus fucking christ
Go into the OP hastebin, make a throwaway email and throwaway account, download it from there.

This is the typical Paradox Consumer.

It's because you've got a fag king

jk, your alliance with the picts probably died or they had one with the rebel leader or something

How can I be both allied with them AND hostile with them though?

And why are they listed as hostile twice?

And why can I not make peace with anyone?

I-I'm sorry anons
I'm absolutely retarded when it comes to these things

And thanks, it seems it's working nicely

just uninstall.exe or reload last save.exe

>EU 5
pls no more mana or clauswitz

Make them disappear.

they actually believe paradox is working on a sequel for eu4 or CK2. do they honestly think paradox gives 3 fucks about releasing a new good game? looking at the mess that was hoi4 and stellaris we can all say that they dont care anymore if the base version of the game is shit, if it doesnt sell well they will abandon it if it does sell well even if it's shit they will keep making dlc for it

>Stellaris
They made the mistake of it not being an autism simulator at first. Then you casualizethe sequel for the """Hardcore gamer""" crowd

no

Leather jackets are actually fine though, they're warm and block wind and usually have a shitton of pockets for you to put things. The edgy shit is usually a longcoat.

Well he's right about EU desu, I mean what does the game even render to begin with? There's the units and ships and that's it right? Unless he's literally talking about performance and processing speed.
>TW
>implying total war doesn't need good frames
Holy shit end him

This guy is right tbqhfam. FPS is pretty meaningless in grand strat.

Hell, its importance is overblown in anything but shooters.

>anything other than shooters

That's fucking retarded, I can understand not caring about fps on a literal map. But in 90% of all games FPS is a pretty big fucking deal.

he is a casual retard that probably only auto resolves in total war, and since he doesnt have a normal pc he doesnt understand that a better performance increases the faster the days go and how smoother the end of the month processes.

pls stop

It's highly important in anything that wants to actually look good, and while you might choose to run it at 30 because you have an actual entry-level gfx card, poor optimization is still poor
Basically the only times it doesn't matter is when 95% of the game is literally static and not animated where the only movement comes from shitty idles nobody ever sees and scrolling, like Civilization or GS games.

>only auto resolves in total war
What is even the point of playing the game at that point? The entire draw of TW is the epik battles, the campaign map is a shoddy 3.5/10 grand strat that basically exists so you don't pull the epik battles out of your ass.

>he cares how good his games look
Nigga please. I play games for gameplay. If I cared about graphics I'd spend all day pirating IMAX movies.

look at the way he types his comments, he is probably a retarded redditor that wants to form his PERFECT ROME AKA EVERY SINGLE PROVINCE OWNED BY ROME while building it to the max. he is probably a guy that is within the specter of autism

>play a game that is meant to look pretty and scenic like Witcher 3 or something
>dude play for the gameplay xD
Are you a powergamer

feels good to allow the newbies to hugbox... heh....

3:1 KDA prussia forever frogs litter the farms of berlin heh...

>Games are art
You might as well kill yourself

yeah you would probably have more of a challenge if you played vs the ai , they managed to lose vs the ai before so.

This is retarded
The graphics in genres like open world rpgs or games like TW is literally part of the gameplay and a core appeal of it.
If you can't understand why people might find prettiness in games a good thing I dunno what to say, esp. when the game is not only marketed as such but is built off it. Again, in Witcher 3 one of the biggest appeals is its relative openess. Of course, the art doesn't stand on its own, but it certainly enhances the game's atmosphere.
I mean, why even use graphics at that point? I can easily play RPGs in a goddamn linux terminal or emacs program. At that level FPS is a moot point.

People with autism can't be convinced of other opinions that they already have a certain view of, nor can they empathize with others and understand subjective experience.

>games that look amazing and have good gameplay are somehow worse than games that look like garbage and have good gameplay
kys my man

>I can easily play RPGs in a goddamn linux terminal
The first computer RPGs were literally just text adventures and their completed form read like a D&D transcript, because that's basically what they were.

>not playing text based grand strategy games
kys my lad

tell me this story of how they lost to the A.I

You don't need """prettiness""" in games, Gerard could be a fucking stick figure in open world and it wouldn't take anything away from the game Except you'd have no excuse for the sub par gameplay anymore

See

>sweden
>I won war with russia but netherlands peaced out, and it turns out they were the war leader (weren't even a GP)

>Then declared war on denmark and UK allied them immediately (REEEEEEE)

>japan
>lost to reactionary rebels when he wasn't looking, lmao

>netherlands
>prussia became war leader and peaced out without his wargoals, cucking him

>sardinia piemonte
>couldn't beat austria with france

>serbia
>got wrecked by austria then invaded turks and russia didn't join his war

>wallachia
>did nothing then left

that's how they lost vs the ai the only guy that survived that mp was america that won the civil war.

Oy vey the """subjective""" experience, you sound like my diversity teacher.

>text based grand strategy games are somehow better than a graphically based one that includes all its features and doesn't sacrifice anything
The only reason powerusers use terminal programs instead of graphical ones is because they're lighter and generally a bit faster, and also because they usually sit in their terminal instead of on their desktop anyway so it's legit faster to get to. Unless you have something against graphics on principle I can't fathom it.

The thing Witcher 3 is praised most for is, after 'storytelling' and 'living world', 'atmosphere'. Atmosphere adds to the living world - seeing the city whore go home to her kid after the sun rises and say 'mommy is going to sleep for a bit, don't stray too far' is added to by the slum feeling of the city, the rising sun in the background, etc. and the little pieces of lore scattered all over the place do the same thing, adding to the open world feeling, enhanced by the atmospheric graphics. I've rarely if ever seen anyone praise the combat system, shit fucking Gwent gets more praise despite it being literally hearthstone-tier.
People like you don't understand that gameplay entails all aspects of the game's experience and think that in shit like Veeky Forums games the 'gameplay' is minmaxing combat skills and 'balance'. If the game was designed to impress graphically then yes, it matters, and even if it wasn't, looking better rarely if ever hurts.

>opinions are not subjective
Are you a diversity teacher

now tell me the story of the MP game that just happened!

>Implying there isn't an opinion hierarchy
Do you even Bourdieu?

Dude, are you retarded? There isn't just one way of experiencing the world, how naive are you? With that opinion you're implying that mental illness doesn't exist and that people can't experience taste, colors, and sound differently. You need to go do some acid, gain some perspective.

Inb4 liberal hurr hurr, I'm a Euro/Western zealot and believe that all other cultures should be destroyed. Also inb4 edgelord.

>responding to my shitpost un-ironically
WEW LAD

idk about that one but looks like they got raped by a guy that actually knows how to play liquor simulator 2

m8 he's talking about the MP from tonight

UK, France, Spain (in the first war), and the Netherlands all worked to nip grossgermaniums at the bud.

They lost the first war but won the second, with great casualties due to prussian superiority and ebin dice rolls

S-someone tell me the process to correctly get the PSGK checksum

install v2
opt into the beta patch
install the most recent version of hpm

there you're done

>Claim he want to destroy point of view he doesn't like
>Argue that they're on the same level as his
>Tell me to do drug
>But I'm not liberal I swear
Nice cognitive dissonance there pleb.

ah i see , well im off to play blobbing simulator 4 ,

Are you the guy that tried to join earlier?

Anyway, download this mega.nz/#!exMGUQAJ!D-ziwMfaHdtSnhMRmq7UGVpDmhvPwtnW68aAGtfXlRQ

then extract the HPM Mod (dropbox.com/s/anjg7ctwsbbizzc/HPM 3.6.1.7z) into your mod folder

start the game without the mod once, quit. then start the game with the mod enabled then restart.

you should have PSGK then

also you have to restart once you've launched it for the first time

how early on did prussia get fucked

>just do le drugs bro lmao
Kek, should have expected this old chestnut.

Opinions cannot be right or wrong unless they contradict or 1:1 correlate a fact (facts are kind of fucked up in philosophy anyway but let's just use the normal definition of fact for now).
There can be effective differences in opinion validity, there can be opinions that are more qualified because of differences in factual basis, there can be widely held opinions that can be treated effectively fact because of that, but there's no actual difference in opinions, especially ones that aren't predictions or relative to fact, but matters of taste, which is more or less the prime example of something that is purely subjective (ignoring subjective reality).

first war was 1838 I think, and the second 1842, which france declared right after he started war with austria

I want to destroy viewpoints that are intolerant of any other viewpoint than their own. You can't tolerate intolerance lad.

( Me )" Let's give this blind man sight so he can see have a deeper understanding of the world. "
( You ) " Wow dude what a bunch of liberal bullshit, that's so bad because it is bad. "

what were the names

>You can't tolerate intolerance lad
No, that's wrong. Intolerance is itself a type of viewpoint. The only time you 'don't tolerate' them is when they begin to spaz the fuck out and actively attack other viewpoints.

>I want to destroy viewpoint that don't agree with my viewpoint
>Because they're worse than mine
COGNITIVE DISSONANCE AKA DOUBLETHINK

Of the wars? I don't remember the first but the second was french liberation of A-L

of the guys playing

>Let's give this blind man sight so he can see have a deeper understanding of the world
That doesn't make sense. Who are you trying to give sight? Who is the blind man here supposed to be? How is this even a viewpoint, it's a proposal, not an opinion. In this case the other guy would just be, for whatever reason, thinking your proposal is a poor idea.

And again, here you're being intolerant yourself. People who 'aren't willing to listen' aren't intolerant, they're decided. Nobody in this thread was 'unwilling to listen' to begin with, they just had their opinion and didn't think the reasoning their opponent presented was sound or consequential. People who are intolerant are people who actively persecute other opinions - for example, Paradox Forums is intolerant, because it actively attacks anyone who disagrees that Paradox is The Lord's work and is unwilling to listen to any other viewpoints.

Inviting Switzerland to this great war was the best idea I've had in a long time

A society that has established a perfect peace is encountered by a society that is warmongering. They attempt to invade the peaceful land. One man says that they must fight those who do not want peace in order to maintain peace. Another man says " Pffffffffffft, DUUUUUDE double think LMAO!!! " " If we defend ourselves than we are unpeaceful XD. "

This isn't double think it's a paradox in " logical " thought, or the way that humans perceive the world. We attribute value to a concept but in an attempt to defend that concept the concept must be violated.

See above, also you totally failed to see the point in the metaphor. I honestly can't tell if you're feigning ignorance and pushing my point to the side to try and attack my viewpoint, or if you're just retarded. I believe that ALL viewpoints should be tolerated, other than those that want to impose themselves on everyone e.g. Islam.

I hate to interrupt the shitposting, but If anyone cares to provide any ideas, what I'm hearing so far is firmly DH/HoI3. For DH we've got Kaiserreich Germany/China and vanilla Germany/Italy. For HoI3, Japan and China have so far been suggested.

Victoria 2 MP.

So lads, tell me why in my converter save many of the correct cultural union nations that transferred don't have the ability to form their historical greater union nations such as this England -> GB?

Is there anyway I can trigger it manually? Kinda want to see Scandi/Spain/Ireland/GB at this point.

Tell that to a Jain, he'd rather die than harm another being. So yeah it's doublethink, you just try to rationalize it because you know you're wrong but can't accept it.

>I honestly can't tell if you're feigning ignorance and pushing my point to the side to try and attack my viewpoint
I literally don't know what your point is. What is the metaphor? What if the other guy's viewpoint is that blindness has its own value?

>One man says that they must fight those who do not want peace in order to maintain peace. Another man says if we defend ourselves than we are not peaceful.
Both of these are fucking viewpoints you imbecile. You just happen to agree with the first.

>I believe that ALL viewpoints should be tolerated, other than those that want to impose themselves on everyone e.g. Islam.
You're imposing your own viewpoint that they should all be tolerated except those select few on the entire thread right fucking now.

>Islam
Islam doesn't consider itself a viewpoint, but a statement of fact, so that's the biggest difference. I don't particularly agree with them, but that's immaterial.

>One man says that they must fight those who do not want peace in order to maintain peace. Another man says " Pffffffffffft, DUUUUUDE double think LMAO!!! " " If we defend ourselves than we are unpeaceful XD. "
This is literally Jainism.

No wonder they disappeared

It didn't. They just don't commit atrocities so they get no publicity.

Just like the Zoroastrians disappeared right

By 'disappeared' I meant became completely irrelevant, so yes, just like Zoroastrians.

The only religions that became 'relevant' are the ones are incredibly fucking intolerant. These incredibly fucking intolerant religions also have the second bonus of having an immense, easy-to-obtain carrot (literally eternal happiness) and an immense stick (literally eternal suffering), so they spread like a goddamn cancer.

That's pretty ignorant of you to say that, Parsi are still pretty relevant today.

Compared to the only three religions your average American will know (Islam, Christian, and Catholic), it's pretty irrelevant.
Oh I forgot paganism, how could I.

I wanted to stick to metaphors but this is a perfect example of that happening in real life. You know what happened to the Jain? They got fucking eliminated, almost wiped from the face of the Earth, because they refused to defend peace the most sacred thing to them. Also you just committed a serious logical fallacy, " A group of people did that thing this one way!!! My point is proven I'm right!!! "

There are 5 million total in the world.

Zoroastrians disappeared because their religion was highly decentralized and didn't incentivize/improve moral and ethical values of the populations it occupied. Islam created a theological incentive to invade non-Muslim realms and spread the religion. Christianity created extremely efficient and highly centralized political entities.

>The only religions that became 'relevant' are the ones are incredibly fucking intolerant.
See Islam in the current year please.

Except my point was that you are victim of cognitive dissonance. I used facts and you used strawman and anectodes then you're the on accuse me of using logical fallacies.