/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

Fucking normalfags edition.

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:

Gamescom Siege video:
youtube.com/watch?v=pv2qb66PbUg
youtube.com/watch?v=6rq-fEc1N0I

Interviews with Armagan at Gamescom '16:
youtube.com/watch?v=3ZcBAGtXvpk

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/16

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/HPJiGhg0

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

M&B VERSION ARCHIVES
>ftp://ftp.taleworlds.com/

>user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df
>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

New user created stuff:
>Undead Calradia
moddb.com/mods/undead-calradia
>Gekonewer
mega.nz/#F!itxViDAT!PhBfJWsjATkdqN28V2kZ5g
>Dickplomacy 4.3.0.7b
mega.nz/#!o5g3nAiY!Mv1fVljpCfCWykQW-fTqycWvq4zQ-5aRuTxUpMsN_F8

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

Other urls found in this thread:

mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Skills
moddb.com/mods/tamriel-bloodlines-end
moddb.com/mods/morrowind-house-wars
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is there any way around the troop clothing script for gekokujo?

I want the changes I made to the troops.txt to work

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

in addition to this he's also just an annoying insufferable faggot in general, the guy is just a fucking asshat

I'm looking for something like a Renaissance-30 Years War period mod. Something like the Deluge, but singleplayer. Anyone know anything like that? I have a mid-later period plate armor itch to scratch.

>you will never have a pure steppe waifu

Why even live?

What time is it over there
It's almost definitely too late since you need research and shit, what's it on? Is it a final? If it's just an assignment do it right now and hand it in a day late to the TA or something if need be, he might take off a letter grade but a C is better than 0.

Also, he got banned because he yelled at some female community manager over something stupid. Actually, I don't think I can call it stupid, I think it was just random that he decided to call her out.

He's autistic.

If odds, Bannerlord is cancelled

That face doesn't look pure at all. What have you done with the pure steppe waifu poster?

2 AM. Research may or may not be necessary since he says "goes beyond what he learned in class" but also says "based on the material learned in class". Final. Class I don't really give a shit for, but it's necessary for my degree apparently.

I-I don't know what you're talking about.

oh no!!

What class
Either way just and do it right now

STOP

>tfw that horse one will never get finished

"Business ethics" which translates to "Liberal professors reminds you of shit like social media selling your private info".

Starting it now. Wish me luck, /mbg/. If I get at least an 85+, Bannerlord will be released in Q1-Q2 2017.

But those aren't glaives OP

she was just a forum admin, and yeah I remember he just went full retard for no particular reason

>You will never have a Pure Steppe Waifu

Why even live, user?

>Business ethics
>the absolutely cucked Land of the Occident
I feel kind of bad for you people.

I honestly fucking hate these people
Now, I've never tried to do it for M&B, but you can make your own server in like ten minutes on linux and probably with ten clicks on Windows.

I need it for my accounting degree, unfortunately.

>accounting degree
literally just counting 2+2/tax

hosting a dedicated server for warband is pretty easy, you really just need to know how to read

the dedicated server program is still archaic bullshit I hope Bannerlord has a better one

You need a fucking degree and 3 years of experience just to work as a bank teller around here.

Oh fucking lmao there's literally a click and forget program for it

Are you fucking retarded, that's not how accounting degrees work.

>dead end job
You uh
Do realize that you can't get promoted to the actual finance sector of the bank from being a teller?

Emma >>>> Amira

Just ask them what program they're using, learn it and bullshit about your experience by witing down some unverifiable things, like doing numbers for some local mom & pop stores and the like.

Worst they'll do is fire you after they find out.

Yes, I know. Bank teller was an example of "simple job, still need a degree", not me telling you my future aspirations.

>university degrees
>working
unless you're doing actual STEM your degree is essentially worthless because you can learn practically anything online+get decent certificates and every employer values experience over some stupid piece of paper that you get for making an economically awful decision of indebting yourself for years.

You don't go to university to 'learn', you go to build connections with dormmates and professors, avail yourself of their fucking massive library, and find research opportunities and well-connected internships.
Employers value experience, that's true, but it does depend on your field. There's really no intro jobs for finance for example, you just need to look qualified right from the get go.

>indebting yourself
>the entire world is American
>everyone in the world has your batshit insane 60 grand a year tuition fees alone bullshit

>Want to like Star Wars Conquest
>Keeps crashing
>Ugly as sin models
>It's fucking piss-easy even when I severely gimp myself

sm isn't set in india

You didn't mention swedish mayo. How are they even pajeets?

Jammed.

hence fucking normalfags

is kicking in bannerlord?

yes, he kicks someone off the wall in the first siege video

what about waifus.
are waifus confirmed?

Yes

source

but are any of the waifus cuter than harlaus chan

kill yourself

Karma's the best!

arise, arise riders of swadia

>Blood and Gold
>Doing the Questline for Ann, have to siege Santa Mareia
>Quest doesnt accept that I leveled the fort, says I need to keep it. Dont want to deal with defending a city in the middle of Spanish territory.
>Do it anyway
>Enter my own city after taking it
>get arrested scene, sold into slavery
This game is awful. Truly awful

Where's the ginger? We need some new info, we'll do anything

I just realised that its almost been 2(two) months since they put Bannerlord on steam and said that they were going to give more updates.

The fuck is up with that.

>its almost been 2(two) months
Are you new or just forgetful

What do you mean?
They put Bannerlord on steam on the 20th of October and its the 9th of December now. in 11 days it will have been two months.
Anyhoot i checked the page and It doesn't say anything about more frequent updates, but still.

This desu, at least a new developer blog

He,s playing instead of working on a new developer blog

Does gekonew have European mercenaries like the latest version? Dug it up from my downloads folder and don't have the bandwidth to install new(er), but I still want to murder nips with tercio.

Anyone?

I mean 2 months isn't a long time in Taleworlds time

That I know. Its just that with it being added to steam I sort of expected them to start revealing more stuff about the game. Even if it was just little tidbits, screenshots and the like.

>most important problem: Server Hosting

That doesn't sound important though

>Nord Huscarl has been killed by Swadian Skirmisher
>Nord Huscarl has been killed by Swadian Peasant
>Nord Huscarl has been killed by Swadian Dog

So, I am looking to try something new, any ideas I add to my agenda?

>Start as a crossbow-merchant
>Try to avoid fights, jew myself some money through trade
>Build up workshops to afford an army
>Conquer a piece of land
>Submit to a king
>Replace him with claimant
> Conquer Calradia

Fill up me details, lads. I play with the thought of playing a female, conquering Ahmerad, become liege of sandniggers, cuck Hakim for maximum achievments. Has anyone a more fun idea?

what's the fastest way to gain renown in vanilla? Want to become marshal.

Become a Swadian vassal and fight the endless marshal stacks that get sent to take Dhirim

kill them all

thanks, desu. i'll do that.

Final newfag comment for now.
What's the best way to level up my companions?
>what skills should I never put points into collectively
>do party skill stack or is the highest skill only applied
>etc.

Trainer is the only skill that stacks except for the party skill bonus described here

mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Skills

Generally it's safe to allocate roughly 3 int skills to a companion. All the medical ones but especially surgery are good, so is path-finding and engineering. You can't go all too wrong though.

Some people prefer limiting their number of int companions in favour of making them into powerful soldiers.

ok, thank you user.
also, jeremus or ymira? any difference?

You can pick up both without any conflicts but Jeremus has better starting skills

Jeremus is a fucking dick though.

What makes you say that

>when you realize mountainblade was good accidentally and the developers will make bannerlord shit

>He's doing quests for Ann

Haven't played in like 5 months, have any new mods come out that are good? Or any old mods that got a major update? Fantasy stuff especially.

I ave a quesstion about Warsword: which race has more armor options available? I wanted to play halfling but they have like 4 armor sets and it gets boring fast. In the old version skeletons could equip undead + human armor so it had some variety.

PoP is supposed to get a new update this month

Otherwise nope

Oh, darn. Any news on Warsword's progress or is it kill?

T H I C K
H
I
C
C

Apparently if you ask on the Facebook group for that upcoming Tamriel mod the author will privately reply with a link to the hidden Sub-Reddit where you can download the mod before it's officially released to the public.

Holy fuck there's an elder scrolls mod?
Not hard for assets though, so i'm betting it's gonna be shallow shit that's used just for the fact that it has ported armors
I hope i'm wrong, but I wont be

10 days

>RaW will obviously not get finished before Bannerlord EA
>they still pour hours into it
what a fucking tragedy

there's two
moddb.com/mods/tamriel-bloodlines-end
moddb.com/mods/morrowind-house-wars
idk what happened to the Skyrim Civil War mod, I think it might've merged with the Tamriel one

How to minimize the console to system stray?

>tfw will never be a pure steppe qt making love to your horse under the moonlight

why even live?

I like TES for lore and shit I guess, since it's no RPG any more, so i'd probably go for the morrowind one since it'd probably be a more achievable goal, although hard to capture that feeling still
I think all tamriel is simply too much, might as well make any generic fantasy RPG since it'd take fucking ages to give each culture and race the depth they deserve

the Morrowind one is on hold until the Tamriel one is released, I think. same guy is the head the both projects.

I'mma remain pretty jaded and pessimistic until they come out then
tbqh imo post red mountain eruption morrowind would be best in my mind, invading argonians in the south, fucked vvardenfell full of ruins, lost treasures and monsters and the great houses in full retreat on the mainland, getting ready to try and gain control
Troop variety wouldn't be as good as whole tamriel, but I think it'd make a good setting and the houses have enough variation imo

mod?

He's always whining about everything. Fighting, pillaging, raping; he hates it all.

user I think you might be the deck

I hope this user did well on his exam

>"maybe we shouldn't rape these peasants"
>"shut up jeremus don't be a dick"

>start solo capturing castles like mad as a rhodok lord, including the nords last holdings
>now have 4 villages, 4 castles and STILL no towns
fucking graveth, we need to kick these newcomers out. Only true rhodoks need apply

>4 villages, 4 castles
Why do you think you're not getting any towns?

blood and steel

it got murdered by bethesda for using assets
a new guy took over the morrowind one

Should I not be asking ownership of castles I captured? And I just get villages dumped on me without asking

>Should I not be asking ownership of castles I captured?
If you don't want a bunch of castles bogging down your chance of being granted a town, you shouldn't

>And I just get villages dumped on me without asking
Huh. I could swear you can decline but I actually have no clear memory of the king trying to grant me fiefs I don't want.

If nothing else you can try to talk to the king before he hands out the fief to say you support someone else.