>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Warhammer News

Wood Elves Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=hoiks2rQa9o

Wood Elves Let's Play:
vimeo.com/193870223/7bcb844b7b

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
Recent Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_5
Recent DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331/

Razed Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=814818712&searchtext=
youtube.com/watch?v=qo517b3kMH0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wood elf archers lose to goblin archers.

>he fell for the "bully the dwarfs" meme

req. bigger size of op image

Ahhhhhh, Athel Loren

ur in the klub in black crag when this git'z pet mouf eats ya pile o' teef. wot do u do?

So what exactly makes the Wood Elf DLC so shit?

SMACK 'IM UP

People can't git gud

>falling for the "new dlc is bad because I'm poor and haven't played it so I'll say it's bad" memers

>everyone who criticizes my precious elven DLC must just be a poorfag who didn't even give their money to CA!

This campaign is really starting to pick up, not pictured is another full stack led by a Nazgul right outside of the Black Gate. At this rate I'm not sure if I can hold everything or If I should just leave Henneth Annun to Mordor

Playing the glass canon faction as glass canons doesn't work.

Right now they're all glass no cannon.

it was the same when beastmemes came out, when blood dlc came out, when grim and the grave came out, when fucking wurrzag and vlad came out too im sure

fucking poorfags

Good way to get dosh (very hard) is to get the tech that adds 400% income to ports and then go conquer Estalia

It's not even that, they're just under performing compared to other factions.

I'm sure people will find out what works soon enough but until then we have spec ops elite hyper advanced woodland Elf rangers (bows) loosing to fucking goblin archers.

Not even the night gobbos with their poison, basic goblin archers.

>tfw too intelligent to fall for the CA dlc meme

Make'em bleed

People don't know how to sacrifice units to hold up the enemy while you fuck their day with arrows.

If I could mod, I'd make a high elf colony faction in Norsca, like in rotdg

>tfw too intelligent to play Total War.

There - fixed it for ya.

Day 200
Warhammer is still shit.

>162240019

This is one turn later after I finished off that nazgul stack. Also Boromir has gone through 3 titles. First the Mighty then the Noble and now the Aggressive.

>yfw superior Dawi quarrelers are better at archery than weebElfs

>tfw early on in my VH beastman campaign

is playing them in the grand campaign like this too? Hilarious using paths to fuck everyone's day up, then running like a bitch before their deathstack can do shit about it

I gave the High Elves Henneth Annun as a gift in turn for an Alliance. They'll lose it and I'll take it back later but now I'm going to call a meeeting and hope they give me an army so I can go sack some Saurons shit and run away.

welf campaign is so slow, fugging hell

and the spellweavers are ugly, they should have used the other concept

Dammit I can't decide which I like more.
>Bloody Handz get a naked dude along with specializing in naked dude armies

>Greenskins have pretty neat looking armor and Grimgor is a fucking tank

Which do I make my first faction? I like them both.

Greenskins is slightly easier imo. Though you can always confederate the other so it doesn't matter too much who you start as.

Thats what happens when your first expansion choice are two big regions with cities 2 turns away from your border

Im seriously considering saying "fuck it" to confederation and trying to take vaul's anvil first

I still think M2 had my favorite General system.
Had a general with level 5 siege defense, or maybe just defense in general. Either way, he was "the Bastion".
I just wish command stars would go above 10.
Plop him in Antioch and watch the Mongols go, "o fuk"

>tfw armies have to have a general now
>tfw no more man of the hour promotions
that was the best shit

WURRZAG DA GREAT GREEN PROFFET SEZ GRIMGOR IS A POOFTA

Can some kind user give me a rundown on the different Wood Elf archer units, and when to use which? It's slightly more overwhelming than I had initially thought.

Go grimgor, you can get naked man and his naked friends by going to the extreme south;
Next to some settlement names there's an icon indicating a specific resource; and you need that resource to make the savages

whew

Wurzag is a great caster, and savage Orcs are brutal murderers in melee but you have to be careful with them because 0 armor.

Grimgor is a literal one man army, the rest of the Orcs in his force show up to be impressed by him.

Fire arrow glade guards are your go to general purpose archer due to having 17 (!!!) AP damage as well as fire and magic attacks

Waywatchers are pretty gud at vanguarding behind or away from an enemy and shooting from behind

Star-something dudes with 37 or so damage are pretty good to use until you wanna use waywatchers or if you don't wanna use waywatchers

hawk archers are trash ranged units and are much better used as a flying shock cav, they destroy low armour units

mounted archers are OK, high mobility so good bait and kite unit and decent enough damage

20 years old, 2 command stars, 4 chivalry, 7 loyalty, 6 faith.
You're so fucking hired buddy. Welcome to the family, here's your mayor's palace. Good job killing those 3 rebel town militia with your 3 italian spearmen and genoese crossbowmen.

nigga what

You've never played m2?

The Orcs are confused or maybe just intimidated

Just finished downloading welfs

Should I do the mini campaign first or head straight into GC?

What is the point of this image?

All WElf archers can run and shoot.

Glade Guard are your standard archers, good all around, crumble in melee.

Deep Wood Scouts can shoot 360 degrees, stealth anywhere, vanguard deployment

Waywatchers are everything Deep Wood Scouts are, with longer range and armor piercing missiles.

Glade Riders are fast, light calvary with 360 degree shooting

Hawk Riders are fast flying calvary with front arc shooting

Hagbane arrows add poison, ideal for Glade Riders who are kiting things around anyway

The other arrow type is armor piercing, good against armor...obviously

Sorry, selected wrong image.

user

its cavalry

Quarrellers win 1v1 against all Wood Elf archers

user. you're right it's late I should go to bed

good night user

Quarrellers are better in TT anyway

>A bunch of dudes in heavy armor with crossbows can outshoot naked bowmen

You don't say? Sounds like the game is working just fine.

Top kek, these Maulers broke down the gates at Cirith Ungol, charged in and broke straight away when they saw what was on the other side

And with one miss click we all now know far too much.

These guys are angry, they chased out an Orc Band unit as soon as they charged them on the ramp

Not him, but are you saying that not everyone has tons of Sonic pics for shitposting?

No
There is something wrong with you

FUCKING GERMANIC SHITS FUCK OFF IT'S MINE NOW

ok

not if the woodelfs are in forest.

>3 stacks of beastmen, oak of ages tier 2. I have only one stack of neet elfs

Alright guys been playing Welfs MP all night, here are some thoughts:

-Dwarfs and chaos are ironically good picks against Welfs, because Welfs lack a decent main AP infantry they have to rely on treekin for that or on the subpar rangers (Who are an anti large unit anyway), Unupgraded Wardancers could be good if not for the fact Welfs lack a decent anvil for their flanks, same problem for wild riders. What they suffer from: Can't trade with quarrelers, can't trade and deal effectively vs heavily armored shielded basic infantry (Dwarriors, Cwarriors, Gguard), fire is very strong against some of their key units
-Their air game is mediocre, everyone was thinking that Great Eagles would carry the day, they are okay, problem is you can't really force your opponent to commit all their units as Welfs so they can just keep an anti large unit behind
-They get completely crushed by Vampire counts, they get crushed in the air and on the ground, Grave guards, zombies, bats etc. almost every unit is incredibly effective except for ethereals since Welfs spirit roster all have magic attacks
-They suffer a lot from Warhounds units (especially poisoned ones), no matter how fast your archers are they can't outrun warhounds and get melted and their cav is not melee cav, they work more like Attila/R2/S2 shock cav
-Welfs seem to be pretty good vs Beastmen, mainly because they rely a lot on units that count as large units and their units are unarmored
-The new lores are good but not good enough to carry the day, they're as good as previous good lores already in the game
Haven't played enough against Empire or Bretonnia but

-VS Empire it seems to be lopsided on the empire's favour, the arty is pretty effective for once, you can get KotbS and the RoR rocket battery and melt whatever tree spirit unit the enemy has brought
-VS Bretonnia it seems a lot more balanced

I feel like everything about the Wood Elves is just absolute shit

It is yes. As long as you don't screw around with it you're borderline untouchable unless someones stack walks into yours.

It's actually happening

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=814818712&searchtext=

>Altdorf region is 10 building slot

They are, I have been testing out single units in custom fights. Their units are not only overpriced, but are weaker 1v1 than almost all others, of comparable price; and the niche they are supposed to fill.

Whoever was in charge of Welfs needs to be fired.

It's great. Having two stacks leads to really fun bait strategies too
>enemy 15 unit stack comes running out of his city to take on my 10 unit stack raiding
>WHOOPS sorry my other 10 unit stack bro was hidden encampmented inside reinforce range, and you tripped him awake, and you don't have enough movement to get back to your gay city, fag

is any of the welf lores worth having? I am not sure which mage to recruit

I ended up conquering them too, fuck waiting for confederations

It's not so bad. You can play ping pong with them - use the world roots stance and move an army into the oak, beastmen move to King's Glade, move army back to KG, BM move to Oak, so on so forth. They will die of attrition eventually.

Speaking of which... does the forest even do attrition damage? A BM army that had been in Athel Loren for 4 turns had lost on average 4 soldiers from each unit. That's 1 per turn.

New Knyght Errant video, on SALLETS
youtube.com/watch?v=qo517b3kMH0
Don't know anyone else to share it with

the two closest elf factions usually have 15-20 units on top of the Garrison. Durthu's starting city on the other hand was wide open on my campaign.

What

Todd for WElfs

All I wanted was to have fun tonight, its not fair bro

Is this for Grand campaign as well or?

I find it really entertaining to read the awkward English in the description for these kind of mods.

Don't worry user, your eternal guard can beat out the base goblins. Well they get to around 50% hp, until the gobs are around 40% and run out of leadership.

Same as Todbringer. If the VC confederate Mousillon on the GC they'll get the Red Duke as a lord.

You like naked dudes huh?

Creative Academy, tired of the accusations of "Power Creep", decide to make Wood Elves the weakest faction in the history of Total War games.

I wouldn't say it's shit, I'm enjoying it a lot more than I enjoyed the Beastmen DLC, but the Elves are a fucking awkward faction to play. You sort of expect them to be this godlike archer faction but their archers frankly aren't that great. They're really more of a hybrid cavalry-archer-pike army and that requires serious levels of git gud.

One thing most people miss though is that you can weather through all of the early game beast rushes by fortressing up in the Great Tree. That shit is invincible.

VC can't confederate.

>Academy

I bet you field them the same way you field ranged units in every other army.

Welf take a lot of effort, its fun but yeah, they need a buff.

For now I am running archer stacks with 2 wardancer flanks and 4 eternal guard front, the rest is glade guard(early game)

I have to pick my fights very carefully, its very hard to win battles when significantly outnumbered when playing as welfs and those bret cav spams are hell

>This is what CA considered a balanced unit

The good thing about welf is that you HAVE to manual play every single battle

would it be accurate to compare wood elves to the way Eldar play in Battlefleet Gothic? That is, generally weaker units that rely more on maneuvering and mobility?

Gobbos are STRONG

How the fuck do you start as Morghur? Middenheim just fucking bodies me, Marienburg is twice as bad.

Going east just leads to chaos fucking dumpstering on me if I get past kislev, and then the fucking quest is against GREENSKINS.

Let alone its impossible to get anywhere. I remember in playing chaos one villiage would give you 22k gold a fucking sack but I barely get above 1098 on turn 50 after level like 10 with all the fucking looting skill points.

Ree I can't even use fucking minotaurs to abuse auto resolves this fucking blows everything is 10 stack free company 5 stack crossbow 3 stack outriders bullshit I have no fucking way to get them because harpies just melt and everything else just routes.

>wanna play elf as more units and play styles but they seem so eh

>playing tree army is so strong buts its just Ctrl+G right click

what do i do?

Goblins can also kill dwarf miners, or empire spearmen or norscan marauders
So I dont see your point senpai

Eternal guard with shields are much more viable, they protect the archers from flanks, cav and larger creatures (I had a unit hold off blood dragons once) and tank arrows though, nothing else.

Reminds me of Medieval 2 when peasant mob armies dominated auto-resolve
only SHIT

>And they said Gobbos are supposed to fear all Elves

Play Welf, it makes you git gud
Mostly because you really have to abuse their fire while moving mechanic to win anything

Damn man... guess suicide's the only option.

Requesting the picture of the elf leg with panty shot from like 5 threads ago.