Dickscord Server: discord.gg/013IDtABv9b2ChJO

>Guides & Information
/dat/ External PDF List: pad.riseup.net/p/datpdfs
/dat/ Recommended Cars: my.mixtape.moe/akuicw.jpg
/dat/ Recommended Bikes: my.mixtape.moe/mpxqyl.jpg
RAA Used Car Checklist: raa.com.au/documents/motoring-buy-a-car-checklist

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

carsales.com.au/car/ford/falcon/ba-series/turbo-intercooled-induction/?sortby=~Price&silo=stock&WT.z_srchsrcx=makemodel
ebay.com.au/itm/CLIPLIGHT-SUPER-SEAL-TOTAL-AUTO-WITH-DRY-R-COMPLETE-CAR-LEAK-STOP-KIT-/262271516818?hash=item3d1099c092:g:SYUAAOSwbdpWYVv2
billzilla.org/4agmods.htm
carsales.com.au/private/details/Subaru-Impreza-1999/SSE-AD-4319051/?Cr=1
youtube.com/watch?v=Nq52TDLqNQg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why is this a thing? Is Australia somehow unique as a country when it comes to the auto industry and deserves their own general thread?

It's a containment thread, though we're fairly unique as far as our car culture developed. No Euro displacement or emissions taxes, plenty of Jap crap to import, and our cheap used market isn't as mangled the American market after Obongo's cash for clunkers program. And up until recently we also had the Falcodores; the reason there are no "wat is gud rwd" posts here. A bit like the Crown Vic only lighter, sometimes quicker depending on trim, and no autismo undercover cop stigma. They're cheap and go sideways easy, and the used ones will last us another decade at least. Also utes.

We've got shit highway cops and the media loves to run stories about hoons and dangerous imports, but fuckall happens about it. A meet or two gets busted up by revenue raisers but life goes on.

It's a containment thread, though we're fairly unique as far as our car culture developed. No Euro displacement or emissions taxes, plenty of Jap crap to import, and our cheap used market isn't as mangled the American market after Obongo's cash for clunkers program. And up until recently we also had the Falcodores; the reason there are no "wat is gud rwd" posts here. A bit like the Crown Vic only lighter, sometimes quicker depending on trim, and no autismo undercover cop stigma. They're cheap and go sideways easy, and the used ones will last us another decade at least. Also utes.

We've got shit highway cops and the media loves to run stories about hoons and dangerous imports but fuckall happens about it. A meet or two gets busted up by revenue raisers but life goes on.

Reminder for Sydneyfags if they want to come to a drive day.

When:Saturday 3rd December
Where:Old Pac
Meet: Hornsby Station
Time: 8am

Newfriends welcome

Any reason in particular you got rid of it? Kinda been wanting a Del Sol for a while now.

>not wanting to contain the shitposting
You're clearly new here

do this

Should i wait for the XR6 turbo to depreciate some more or should i buy one now? Was thinking about converting my BA XT into a turbo, but found out its cheaper to buy a whole turbo car. I sorta want it but i dont want to spend 5k+

If you don't want to spend your money, why are you thinking about buying a car?

get a xr6t now

the XT are a shit base and you basically have to do alot of work to get them anywhere near a stock xr6t

Just get a XR6T they are cheap and plentiful

link related
carsales.com.au/car/ford/falcon/ba-series/turbo-intercooled-induction/?sortby=~Price&silo=stock&WT.z_srchsrcx=makemodel

>tfw moved to the central west and now nothing happening anywhere near me

>PFFFFFFT

D R I N K M E E T update
DEC 17 instead of DEC 3 or 10

alright with you?

also we still need a time.

>still watching donald trump election reactions
>everyones fucking mad
i still cant believe it, its amazing

Well move to the city

You too

Australia is one of the most car loving countries in the world. I'd actually almost say it's the most car loving actually.

>tfw no annual emissions tests
>no road tax
>almost completely endless scenic roads
>able to buy V8s for less than 1k

What's not to love.

>tfw I have a shitbox 2000 corolla
I would join if I had a respectable car but with this thing I will probably only get bullied there.
What do you do anyway?

>driving along yesterday
>catch up to new maserati
>speed camera comes up so I stick to 60 on the dot
>stock wheel/tyre/diff specs so speedo is accurate
>pass camera right on speed
>see double flashes in the rearview
>could've been a car behind but think it wasn't
fuuuck

>not a single car in pic that could beat a v6 commodore
driving """enthusiasts"""

Something similar happen to me yesterday too
>driving on motorway
>same speed as everybody else
>nobody is speeding
>10-5km/h below speed limit
>see a camera
>it flashes as I pass by
Fuggggf :-DDDD

wut
guess it could be testing

also
>driving on motorway
>trucks sitting in all 3 fucking lanes
>one eventually overtakes
>finally get to overtake all
>see hwp sitting on shoulder opposite direction of motorway
>i'm going 120 in a 110
man i'm sweating shit here. can't get 2 speeding fines in a week, thats ridiculous

>get executed for doing 5 over the limit
>rego edging closer to $1k a year
>autistic police who like to hide in the bushes and point radar guns at you
>bogan retards whose life objective seems to be killing you while driving

>watching project binky
>half of ep is spent on extending plastic wheelarches with latex and fibreglass
>rest is spent on dumb shit
>they say they don't want a rollcage at this point, maybe later, but they still weld plates in for it
>even though they've spent 3 years fucking about with the piece of shit, they don't want to spend 2 good days putting a cage in

>then they ask for money

fucking hell these pom cunts are fucking retarded, how do they take a piss without calculating the curve it'll make

>>get executed for doing 5 over the limit
>>rego edging closer to $1k a year
>>autistic police who like to hide in the bushes and point radar guns at you
These only happen if you decide to live in a city. I got done doing 130 the other day and the cop just said to watch out of roos (it was late at night)
>>bogan retards whose life objective seems to be killing you while driving
You get this in every country. My experience is that city drivers are far worse (since most of them are foreigners).

>I will probably only get bullied there

Nobody cares as long as you don't take yourself too seriously man, and anyone who thinks you need an "enthusiast" car to be a car enthusiast is a moron.

Just bought brand new coilovers. Tried installing them but they didn't send me end links so I couldn't do the fronts.
The right rear coil over is knocking too even after checking everything was in the right position and tightening everything.

If anyone wants to buy off MCA suspension, be wary as they take ages to respond and now I have to deal with this shit.

An enthusiast isn't someone who just likes to put their foot down and redline their shit machine. It's someone who cares about cars, takes care of cars and does still have fun with them but doesn't drive a rust shitmachine that's been flogged every day of it's life. Driving fast doesn't mean you're enthusiastic about cars.

>air conditioning doesnt work
>hisses, blows hot
should i get one of those DIY refrigerant kits with the UV dye and sealant?
what have other people done who've had ac leaks, it's getting hotter and ac would be welcome when it starts getting 40+

>what have other people done who've had ac leaks, it's getting hotter
I removed the sand from my vagina and removed the a/c from the car

>muh weight savings bro
>racecar bro

>don't drive down the street without being attavked by a flock of canaries

more effort to remove than attempt to re-gas it for now
give me advice cunt

>can't drive down the street without shearing a uni or two

If uv shit is cheap and you have the light, go for it. Otherwise, get a quote at least, find out what you're in for
If your compressor clicks on and off every 2-3 seconds then its probably low on refrigerant

The best part about shitboxes is yu never feel bad.

Like making roofracks from prefab fence and angle iron.

Take it to a mechanic. You're not legally allowed to do anything in regards to degassing and regassing. Usually pretty cheap too

havent checked if the compressor is spinning with ac on with car running yet

i know you cant degas legally but re-gassing, really?
years ago when i started working on cars my m8 accidently vented the entire refrigerant in his aunties car to the atmosphere
it was quite a scene, just plumes of the shit.

>BLDC talking about legality

as far as I know nobody sells just the gas so it's kinda hard to get

oi yeah nah

Regassing knowing there's a leak is negligent, essentially allowing it to vent to atmosphere

What did it look like? Was it like a dry ice cloud?

ebay.com.au/itm/CLIPLIGHT-SUPER-SEAL-TOTAL-AUTO-WITH-DRY-R-COMPLETE-CAR-LEAK-STOP-KIT-/262271516818?hash=item3d1099c092:g:SYUAAOSwbdpWYVv2

yallah cuz just order it from bankstown

yeah just a cloud that sort of sank

what car is it for?
if it was previously on whatever the old gas was (R34A?), you will need to reseal the entire system with all new O-rings etc as whatever the new gas is leaks easier

Dank af fa͏m, did you try and pack it in ya bong and smoke it ya drongo

forester.
yeah R134a. refrigerant used is listed on sticker under hood.
the sealant with refrigerant is advertised to recondition o-rings by causing them to swell, not sure about the longevity of that.

nah drugs ARE for losers

Seca-user reporting in, I understand someone here was trying to get hold of me last night?

Yeah, I've found one I'm considering buying, but I have no experience with Toyotas. Had any recurring issues with it, just anything I should look out for with them?

Is it an AE82, or a Twin Cam?

apparently it's illegal to kill yourself? so waht happens if you try and fail

it's an ae93 sx, it has the 4A-GE twincam motor

It's not illegal to kill yourself.

It is in India though. Your family cop the sentence

kill them first

Oh, sweet. I don't know too much about AE93's, but if it's anything like the AE82, I have a couple.

>Rust over the rear wheel arches
Common on pretty much all Toyotas of this era and earlier, dirt tends to build up on the inside of the wheel arch under the lip and the moisture eats away at the metal in the corners of the arch. If it's not too bad, you can pretty much ignore it, my AE82 has a little bit of rust and it hasn't spread in the two and a bit years that I've had it. If it's excessive, I'd give a miss, probably wouldn't pass rego if you're in a state that requires inspections.
>Vacuum spaghetti
16V 4A-GE's have a pretty basic ECU that doesn't do much but there's a lot of vacuum spaghetti in the engine bay. Watch out for leaky ones, they can sometimes be hard to find and might cause some idling problems.
>Cold idle
When you start the engine cold, it'll idle at 2000 RPM, maybe even above, for about five minutes. A lot of people get pretty alarmed by this, but both of my Twin Cams do this, and there's no point in trying to change it by changing the idle speed because it doesn't really have any bearing on how it behaves cold. They use an old school wax pellet thing that gets heated by a coolant line and closes off the cold idle air valve as it warms up.
>Fifth gear pop-out
C50 boxes are prone to having fifth pop out if they're old, when you put your foot down in fifth they just fall out of gear. Fifth in both of my Twin Cams rocks back and forth when you get on and off the throttle, but it still stays in gear. Take the car for a test drive on the highway or somewhere you can get up to speed, put it in fifth, press the throttle down, then immediately let off. The shifter will probably jump forward a bit... get back on the throttle and it might jump backward. If it moves more than about 2cm I'd probably give it a miss, or acknowledge that a new box might be on the books in the next year or so.

(cont.)
>Valve stem seals
Lot of people seem to have valve stem seals go bad around 300,000km... start up cold and it'll be a smoky tit of a thing until it burns off all the oil in the cylinder. My red Twin Cam did this, replaced the stem seals and it still did it so I'm unsure of what caused mine.
>Heat
When you go and look at it, make sure to take it for a drive, fully warm it up, and then let it sit for a while and see if it gets hot just sitting there. My white Twin Cam gets pretty toasty when it has no airflow over the radiator, would be worthwhile to make it doesn't overheat.
>Rotted bushings
Bushings will be bad on a car of this age if they haven't been replaced... I replaced a lot of mine with Whiteline bushings. Feels good.

With that said, those are probably the most specific things I can think of. Would be good if the owner were using Toyota Red coolant, 4A-GE's like it and it helps with corrosion. As with any other car, listen for tapping or knocking. I blew a head gasket on my white Seca, but I suspect that was due to previous owner crap, rebuilt the top end and it has been solid ever since, gets revved to 7k every second time I drive it and hasn't missed a beat aside from when I blew out a water gasket.

Alright, with the vacuum lines, are most of them easy to find and inspect? I know most cars have that one thing that is more difficult to work on then the rest, do you find most things easy to work on with the 4a-ge?

Also, know much about getting a little more out of the engine?

Kek postiem8 got triggered and banned me from discord for breaking p plate law i think he is an undercover police

Many options for power usual head swaps to back or silver depending on just how rich you are.

Also turbo and superchargers are very common swaps

Go To Bed Hsp Its Way Past YoUr Bed Time

Haven't had to fix anything with the vacuum lines yet, no issues with mine. I just reckon it'd be a pain if something did come up though. I don't think the engine bay is that inaccessible as to make it impossible to diagnose faults though.

Most things are relatively easy to work on, there are some pain in the ass things. Replacing a water pump with the engine in the car sucks. Doing anything on the underside of the intake is pretty awful in FWD setup.

In terms of getting more out of it, easiest way is to strap a turbo on to it. There's not really much else that's particularly cost effective... like, it comes down to whether you can justify it or not. A good set of extractors and exhaust system would come to around a grand, maybe $1300, and that's nearing what the car itself is worth. If I were in your position and wanted more power on the cheap, first thing I'd do is get a set of 264 degree cams with way more lift, any more than 264 and the ECU will need to be replaced with an aftermarket model. That and just replace consumables, spark plugs, filters, run nice synthetic oil, etc.

Have found this site in the past to be quite useful

apparently not

its because he didnt post dick pics

>going on dickscord
>not posting dicks
No wonder.

Bad meme, let it go mang.

Thanks senpai, the seller wants 1800 for it, will offer 1200 cash if it checks out fine. Looks like there's some crash repair done at some point.

I found this
I might just do mild things to it if I decide to mod the engine

>Looks like there's some crash repair done at some point.
hmmmm

I'd have to fix my shit to make it, which at the going rate of slackness isn't gunna happen.
Which sucks as I've got new tyres too and need to go for a hoon

carsales.com.au/private/details/Subaru-Impreza-1999/SSE-AD-4319051/?Cr=1
worth looking into or nah? reckon I could probs get it down to 2700 at least.

>that feel when thinking about getting a southern cross tattoo

should i do it gents?

Depends on your loyalty
youtube.com/watch?v=Nq52TDLqNQg

get a FOWF tat on your swole forearm... or bicep

fuck off we're full would work pretty well on my bicep

Why was i banned

because it's an 18+ discord for an 18+ imageboard and you carry yourself like you're a fuckin retarded gook

>tfw not hectic uleh enough to own a canary yellow VL BT1

why even live

Non ausfag here, sorry but why are low profile tires pleasing to some of you?

Looks neat

more rim to show off, and "sportier" handling
i prefer a nice 14 or 15 with fat meat filling the gaurds