Steel Ocean Admiral /sog/

Coin Operated Goy Edition

Patch Notes:
steamcommunity.com/games/390670/announcements/detail/683814770820137115

Current events (check in-game Events tab for details):
Deal 10000 damage for smoke bombs.
Win 2 matches using any IJN ship T3+ for 90 merit.
5 wins T6+ for smoke bombs
Naval Battle of Narvik: Sink a Z43 for 180 merit.
The Ruler's Broken Dream: Sink a D-class for 180 merit
The Broken Dream: Win 10 battles with Mogami 1938 for 180 merit

> What is this?
Steel Ocean is a multiplayer arcade game focused about warships from World War 2 era.

> Steel Ocean Info
en.steelocean.vludus.com/Main_Page Any way I can play with (You)?
steamcommunity.com/groups/UnityThroughSterns
"NA clan: No Botes Allowed"
We have a clan in the game. Find it on the fleet page and then click application button. Post IGN in thread to get accepted.
Also post a meme.

Germany: imgur.com/a/TDWY3
Burgers: imgur.com/a/Ze1j4
Japan: imgur.com/a/MzuNT
British: imgur.com/a/i3oFZ

>Commander calculator
An easy way to come up with commander setups without having to deal with the clunky UI. If you have any issues explain them in the thread.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RMoVpgNpWXK3bZ7FnVXf29416Y0L9j-4TmRbTaYO5OM/edit#gid=0

FREE TIER 5 DLC BB(HMS Repulse)
store.steampowered.com/app/430110/?snr=1_5_1100__1100
Launch from there, in game go to Claim, then Storage, Non Battle items, click 'use'

Events: (11am-1pm & 6pm-8pm PST)
Sunday: 5v5
Monday: Helena Overlord
Tuesday: Fleet Battles
Wednesday: Fap to botes
Thursday: 5v5
Friday: Scenario mode
Saturday: Fleet Battles/Helena Overlord

Kantai Collection posting allowed.
Feel free to talk about all botes here.
If you have any questions, post them in the thread or read the links.
Remember to love your botes.

Last Admiral

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamer.com/chinese-law-will-force-game-makers-to-reveal-loot-box-drop-rates/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ETrIDnyYBV3QoRmI1IRZflpFzXJdFWGl9p88y0yBm2Y/pubhtml
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R9Vq1JIwBgWj4z1vNGanll3UY_HsevaS3zPcGUQgklw
store.steampowered.com/app/546880/
store.steampowered.com/app/546890/
youtube.com/watch?v=yAXEMvIHtT0
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pkv-dp80n_AaTy27O0XmZmOqhYET_ILG7V6n5pInXdE/pubhtml#
youtube.com/watch?v=KukbhTBXSuc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1st for cutest

So will the devs be forced to release the exact chances on commander rolls because of the new chinese lootbox law?

pcgamer.com/chinese-law-will-force-game-makers-to-reveal-loot-box-drop-rates/

Would be neat.

They wouldn't tell us, so someone should start practicing Chinese.

>First time playing
>Finish first 2 tutorials
>Can't do advanced tutorials, not enough level or something
>Play normal game
>See an enemy on 8 hp
>shoot it
>get 2 kills
>ram into teammate and get stuck for 2 minutes

This game is great

Some tutorials are locked until you buy ships of other classes.

>>ram into teammate and get stuck for 2 minutes

>A description of that type could be helpful.
The answer is Oyodo.

BB and DD comparisons.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ETrIDnyYBV3QoRmI1IRZflpFzXJdFWGl9p88y0yBm2Y/pubhtml

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R9Vq1JIwBgWj4z1vNGanll3UY_HsevaS3zPcGUQgklw
-
-
Be sure to claim the Free stuff from the 1st Anniversary store.steampowered.com/app/546880/

and the Thanksgiving DLC's
store.steampowered.com/app/546890/

Launch from there and the claim process is the same as the Repulse

Weren't you going to put those in the op?

OP here, post was too long.

Been busy and didn't get around to it.
Will have them up before the next thread via pastebin or something.

Post that in the VGL Stream's chat during the match.

You can't post images unless you're a channel mod.

Post an imgur link or something then.

I just realized that 4 out of my 6 T7 BBs have over 10k average damage.

youtube.com/watch?v=yAXEMvIHtT0

>filename

You'll trigger the mongol in the thread.

And?

He's australian-WoWs-shitposter tier annoying imo.

That'll be interesting to pay attention to.

In quite a lot of games.

Well, as the article says, it's both good and bad for the consumers, since it could lead to some nasty publishing and merchandising.

true enough.

Why so ded?

Because.

Also it says the law if for China only, so they wouldn't have to change or tell westerners anything.

They have to make the info public for every chink and the government, oh but obviously there's no way that the rest of the world could get a leak of that info, it's just imposible for that to happen.

The husband of this shipgirl should pay more attention to her attire.

If they make any changes to drop rates or maybe the Chinese version has different drop rates. Chinese versions of games are different from the ones they release here. China has a bunch of strict rules on f2p games that don't really effect non- Chinese

We'll shit up the steam forums if that happens.

>I almost missed the train
Remember not to oversleep, kids.

That's the reason I set 4 alarms, I am all to familiar with that problem

Good morning /sog/

are cruisers fun to play in this game?

Yes

are american cruisers fun to play in this game?

Yes
But nippon steel folded over a gorillion times is superior

but they lost the war

will i die if a BB looks in my general direction?

Yes
Cruisers are very reliant on having appropiate commanders to stay hidden, spot the enemy and stay on the move. If you have those though, you can kill any BB if he doesn't get vision from a friendly DD on you.

Yes

cant be any worse than WoWS. guess ill play this, des moines here we come.

For cruisers this is definitely better. Btw as much as you want to don't climb the tree as fast as you can.

whys that?

The Des Moines is actually the strongest CA.

It's actually pic related

>oneshot the Hipper

is this as bad as it looks?

Nigga it's hilariously strong and shits on the other T9 CAs without being raped by planes like the weeb CAs.

no, i mean, the grind to unlock all the modules

The only parts that matter are radar, engine and main guns anyway

It'll take you a bit over a week if you grind hard to get it, then it'll depend on how often do you play it. Stock syndrome isnt as strong here so most ships are still useful without upgrades.
Also the chinks throw lots of premium time or matches so that'd soften up the grind for ships, what was talking about is the commanders, they're the real grind in here but once you get the ones you need for your main class you'll be set for a while.

i see

how do commanders work in this game? im looking at the imgur album and it looks like theyre all pre set dudes.

They provide their respective passive abilities that need to be unlocked through leveling and upgrading their rarity. The captain also gets to use his active captain ability in the first row.

is there any variation to the passive abilities? or is it that everyone who is using von Luckner for example is the exact same.

Speaking of cruisers I made another thing:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pkv-dp80n_AaTy27O0XmZmOqhYET_ILG7V6n5pInXdE/pubhtml#

They're all the same

the alpha damage on the AP and HE on the Atlanta looks ridiculous

interesting

Reminder that we have divegrass today. Starts in one hour 20 minutes, and we're as always the last match of the day.

what he says but on some commanders a skill can change with increased rarity

Atlanta has no penetration though, can't even pen fellow CLs

You have 5 commander slots, captain, gunner, steersman, comms officer and engineer. You can put any commanders in any slot but only the captain can use the active skill (the first one listed) and some passives need the guy to be in a specific slot to work.
Each commander has different skills than the rest, with only a few skills in common with others so you can build for damage, accuracy, spotting, etc.
You can only have one of each commander on a ship, but the same guy can be on all your ships with no cost and you're free to change your setup at port.
Also most people stick so certain builds so you'll see similarities but if you come up with a different one that works for you go for it.

so i got 5 commanders on one ship?

yes

You also have to feed them and make sure they're comfortable

and theres a limited amount of commanders? it isnt like a randomly generated name in WoWS?

i am hospitable.

Yeah, do check the requirements on the commander skills to be sure when it could proc, if it needs to be on a specific slot or it has to be above a certain level/rarity.

yes, there is a limited amount of commanders and everyone has a unique set of skills.

There's over 70 commanders in the game right now, most of them are based on actual historical figures with their real names.
Also you'll get duplicates often but doing so gives you a bit of qualification points, the resource that you use to upgrade their rarity.

iite iite

duplicates? what? am i getting these guys out of like a crate or something?

Yes. There are some you can buy directly but they are more expensive than just rolling for them.

so i wont always have the most optimal build by pure chance?

You get some of them by completing events (check the events tab) and the rest are obtained by either buying a specific commander with merit/qualification points or by buying a random commander draw.
Some of the basic commanders can be bought with merit but the rest need quali points. The random draw can give you any commander and its way cheaper merit wise.

Once you get one he stays in your inventory, so in time you'll get all those you need.

Once you buy a commander its yours forever and they're leveled up in a global level so you can grind a guy in one ship and he'll be the same level in all the other ships that you use him.
At first you wont have the most meta-master setup but you'll get them eventually and level them up to the max.

i see i see

well, time to actually play the game i guess. one thing i do like from the get go is that there arent that many WW1 era ships as there are in WoWS. the Altanta and Pensa at 4 and 5 rather than 7.

Apparently some guy with 700k subs released a SO video today

Also CLs and CAs have different ways to aim, CLs use the same aiming method that you've seen in WoWs but CAs get access to that one and "hawk eye view", wich is very similar to WoT arty and uses a calibration mechanic that increases your accuracy the more you fire on the same area.

This cuck.
youtube.com/watch?v=KukbhTBXSuc
>he actually mentions that SO is older

how big is the area? i assume enemy ships are gonna move eventually. oh yeah another question, are the players in SO as braindead as they are on WoWS?

Its fairly large and the center of the area is always where your last shot landed so you wont lose a lot of the bonus if the target is moving.
There's braindead players everywhere but you can ease your pain by grouping up, the local fleet is fairly useful for that, I spent most of the week playing with guys that joined recently to help them out.
I swear I wasnt seal clubbing.
My winrate is absolutely legit, no statpadding involved.

i play with shootmedead in WoWS, maybe i'll run into him here.

B-but he's a subhuman!

>is this game available for the Xbox One?

Everytime I stop to read youtube comments I wonder why do I keep reading youtube comments.

You'll definitively run into him here, he enjoys "greeting" the guys at low tiers.

Some of the comments are asking him to play other classes.

>i play with shootmedead in WoWS, maybe i'll run into him here.

did i say something i wasnt supposed to

I just noticed he's stacking with Phly. Is that the real Phly? Is this happening (again)?

Something is telling me he's shaking his fist angrily at SMD.

hes alright, everytime i div with him hes trying to convince people to play SO instead though.