>redesign the body
>update the suspension
>single turbo
>New 370ZX

>Make the IDx for fucks sake

Nissan was never great. They have always been a step behind and always will be

Why did nissan cancel the idx again?

Because MOAR CROSSOVERS

They were worried that they couldn't make money on it after developing a new platform for it. Scared it wouldn't sell basically. Pansies.

Nobody will ever buy it for the money all that equipment would add. They would just go to frs, brz.

>Juke Nismo RS MSRP $28,020
>Subaru BRZ $25,495

I imagine the juke has more features than the others so if they just gut the extra shit but make it a red coupe it would still be competitive. Plus the appeal for a turbo

*rwd

Or take the Nismo juke setup but make it a small hot hatch to compete with the FiST and GTI

Sub-7 minute laprime when?

;^)

Who here /low key love Nuke Jizzmo/

You fuckers wouldn't buy it anyway

nice meme, that turned out to be a marketing con, as it was the concept for this SUV

>>Get 370z
>>single turbo
Or better, make it a pushrod V8.

Yeah because we've seen Japanese companies do that all the time right?

Nissan isn't just selling to Americlaps, most countries have displacement taxes which means DOHC is cheaper.

They said that the Juke was a better way to sell to the youth
No I'm not joking.

Don't we have enough of these things in the market already?

They're right, unfortunately. No reason to get an IDX when you can get a Chalmerostang

What do you cunts think about a SE-R Spec V for a cheap DD car

>put it in a light FR chassis
That's the hard part. Only Toyota has the balls to make an affordable lightweight rwd coupe

>Spending 30k on a miata

>coupe

>spending 30k on a car slower than a miata

roadsters are better

I said it as a joke, although I don't see how can anyone compete with Murrican cars (Euros don't make performance cars at all, they make pure luxury cars for rich people). Besides, 3,7 is already a huge displacement.

Having too many platforms almost put Nissan out of business. It seems they're doing much better under Renault's management. So to make a new S-chassis car they will have to do just that - make a new platform. I don't think they can commit to that right now.

m8, I like Miatas better and they're objectively better in basically every way, but you don't need to shitpost to win this argument
Roadsters vs Coupes is a matter of taste, depends what you want from the car. There is no "right" choice.

>implying ghosn will allow any more fun when "ze profeet is what mehks ze companee grow"
>implying nissan won't just make another shitty crossover based on the versa platform
>IMPLYING

This.
Ill add that roadsters are intended to be pure sports cars, little to no practicality.

The toyoburu is perfect for a sporty daily driver. More trunk space, room in the back for 2 more people, and it has a larger interior. Miata is good for a second car when you have a commuter car and need a pure performance platform.

I honestly don't know. Japan has largely given up on making the best cars that they possibly can. That's why 90s Japanese sports cars are so popular now.

Europe definitely still cares, you can just see how intense their Formula SAE programs are to see this. They are by far the best funded.

Porsche still cares about making performance cars as do a few other European companies but companies like BMW by and large don't give a shit anymore.

youre acting like laptime matters on a stock gt86, a car that was designed to be fun to drive and overspeed at low speeds and to be aftermarketed to fit drivers needs.

But Miata has the same design principles. Also, this is literally Toyota's first try since AE86. If they make a real second gen they can improve it a lot.

The Japanese economy was booming in the 90s, which means there was a large market of people with money to burn on JDM premium sports cars such as the FD and the Mk.4 Supra. Their economy has been shit ever since the property bubble burst, so it's understandable that they're hesitant to commit to designing and building new expensive sports cars when the market domestically for them will have shrunk dramatically.

Yeah no. They were one of the few auto companies that took racing technology and made it available in their consumer vehicles as can be seen in their earlier days in racing. Particularly in Group A series where the primary vehicle platform had to be at a level where it was ready for racing. They competed against the likes of BMW and Porsche and won.

It's true they take Italian design and engineering as well as German motor design. But the difference is that they made a product that was actually affordable to the general public and not only the elite. An econobox Nissan in the 90's had suspension akin to more expensive cars back in the day.

>maximum delusion

Are GT-R fanboys so loyal to Nissan that they won't admit that the rest of the company has gone to shit and has made nothing else worthwhile in a decade?

Lies.
Nissan... fuck your mom!