Stupid Engineering: Euro Edition

>borrow a bud's Range Rover for the day
>open the hatch to put my shit in
>press the latch button
>top half only opens
>find out that you have to press the button at the bottom of the door before opening to open the whole thing

WHAT ARE YOU THINKING BRITBONGS?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UVhSW5T1-_I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

> Putting a rolled up carpet in a customer's car
> 2016 Mercedes fully loaded
> Rear seats can't be folded down to alllow more space into the trunk
> Can't fit the 12ft carpet that I've made fit in the simplest of shitboxes.
Wow Mercedes goodjob

I hate most power accesories. You have to hold them down for seconds to engage you may as well do it yourself. Lift gates and power sliding doors move too slow too.

>range rover
>sport
what exactly makes this 4 ton status symbol sporty?

Honestly it's just how it looks and the suspension is pretty stiff which is pretty stupid for a tall vehicle. Everything is shit especially the space and leg room.
The shifter and driving mode knob consumes most of the center console space which is part of the "sport" gimmick and is really really pointless.

It's so you can use the rear half of the tailgate as a seat on a hunt.

I promise I'm not making that up.

We Brits like to pretend that it's the 1800's sometimes. It's fun.

So it's like a normal ute with a canopy?

Manufacturers are slapping the "sport" badge on everything now. Everyone wants to think their car is sport or fast.

>britbongs
>guns

You make make laugh

Basically but with electronics making things less simple which makes the Pontiac aztec look good

There's a 5l v8 version with a 5 sec 0-6, is quite a bit faster than the non-sport trim

You don't hunt foxes with guns, you fool. Where's the sport in that? Furry little bastard would escape.
You use dogs, and horses to keep up with the dogs. That's why you need a range rover; you tow a horsebox to the hunt meet, with all your riding gear in the back. You have a stiff drink while putting your riding gear on, you form up with all the other posh cunts, and ride out into a crisp winter morning to hunt vermin over hill and dale.
Then you come back having chased down a couple of foxes for the hunt captain to shoot dead with an antique shotgun (or have his hawk do the deed instead), have a stiff drink, get back into the Range Rover, hook up the horsebox, and drive out of the field you parked in that's been chewed up by all the horses, using all the electronic aids to get out of the gate.

>but with electronics
Begone with your 'complexity is bad' meme. You're just butthurt you can't afford a car with any.

That makes hunting complex rather, just drive a pickup around and shoot the fuckers while they're eating roadkill while still sitting inside. No wonder why your countries complexity lead to the loss of the war and ended up crying that people are getting stabbed everyday.

>'complexity is bad' meme
>youtube.com/watch?v=UVhSW5T1-_I
>that trunk open and close time
>if you manually close it you have to force the release lever back in place to reset

Have a previous gen GL but this is the thing that grinds me the most and I'm not happy that they didn't bother improving it I'm okay that the Rover doesn't have this feature but c'mon, should make the hatch the primary thing the button opens instead of the window.

They aren't hunting foxes for food they are hunting them for fun

This sounds like an elaborate excuse to drink and fuck around with guns.

>That makes hunting comple
THAT'S THE ENTIRE POINT.
Foxes are small vermin. They need to be culled, but not wiped out. Make a sport of it, and you not only keep it down to the old, sick ones, but you ALSO create jobs breeding and training the dogs and horses. It's a form of welfare, in the traditional british method of job creation schemes.
Also, we didn't lose a fucking war. America has lost every one it's been in since WW2.

One gun for the entire hunt. It's an excuse to drink and fuck around with dogs and horses and expensive 4x4s, dress up in stupid clothes so you're visible when you fall off the horse, and gallop around the countryside churning up the frost.

>American revolution

The American in the picture didn't look like he need to hunt for food either.

Power seats I can deal with, so long as NO ONE ELSE drives my car and fucks with the settings.

Power sliding doors are literally the worst thing ever invented. They take ten fucking hours to open, twenty hours to close, and WHY? FUCKING WHY. I'M ALREADY OUT OF THE FUCKING VAN, I CAN OPEN THE HANDLE MYSELF THANK YOU I'M NOT A COMPLETE FUICKING CRIPPLED RETARD AND EVEN IF I WAS, I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO PUT SHIT INSIDE THE FANCY AUTO SLIDING DOOR ANYWAY

AHJIDHUIWHAID

At least my car has 3 settable presets for seat positions. Have em all on same setting just Incase