Live in bumfuck Iowa

>live in bumfuck Iowa
>find killer deal on 85 Corolla gts in socal
>contact seller and confirms car runs great no problems, would drive across country
>agree on price
>fly out to socal/owner meets at airport
>exchange cash/title
>car runs great
>hit midway through nevada
>car starts to lose power
>stalls
>coast over to shoulder of the road
>car cranks but wont start
>hit starter a few times/cranks but still wont start

What's your next move?

Honestly I wouldn't even know

That's not an 85 Corolla. Faggot.

Fill it with gas

>What's your next move?
commit suicide for buying a piece of shit meme and not knowing how to diagnose a no-start condition.

use my cell phone to call a tow.

If no service, start walking.

>falling for the dagumi meme
>buying an old weebshitbox
>not knowing how to fix it
i hope you burn to a crisp in the desert

Check for spark and fuel.

If no fuel, call roadside assistance to bring some gas. If no spark make sure the timing belt didn't fuck up and if it didn't throw the ignition module I brought with me in there and when it starts drive away. If it doesn't start I'll need a tow truck to come out because I'm not equipped for extensive roadside diagnostics.

>try to dagumi in a piece of shit
>timing belt/chain slips a cog because so piece of shit-like
>doesn't carry a timing light or at minimum, a crescent wrench with him everywhere he goes
>doesn't have a support staff following him on the road
>doesn't have every speed shop in the country on speed dial
casuals tbqhwyrn pham

Did you ever figure out your malfunction?

>car cranks but wont start
>hit starter a few times/cranks but still wont start

Why would you hit the starter if the car had no problem cranking over?

typical corollafag behavior
>car stalls while driving
>the starter is the problem

fool pump is kill

If the car has been sitting, the gas tank may have corrosion and debris inside and slowly clogged the fuel filter.
Especially if you ran the tank down pretty low a few times.

Nigga you still retarded.

I would not have bought the car without checking its fluids and OBD2 codes. I can see all sorts of real time status and I have already run the VIN to see its maintenance was regular or not. I would have used a selfie stick to examine under the car and look for new leaks appearing since I assume the owner wiped off all the leaks to hide them. If the oil looks like it had stop leak poured into it, I would not buy.

>What's your next move?
I have AAA, so no big deal to tow to a repair shop because if I am on the road, I don't have my tools.

BUT I will have my blue tooth OBD2 and android tablet. I plug in my OBD2 bluetooth and all the real time displays on my tablet tell me what is going on. I know if the fuel pump has developed fuel pressure or not so I have fuel or not. I know if there is inlet air pressure or not. I see battery voltage and no ignition codes or not. And more.

Anyways, you're in nevada far from your Iowa home and all your tools. So you have to go to a repair shop. No choice there. But that's why you have AAA which you joined a week or two before you flew out to buy the car to drive home.

Damn must be a good tablet if it works with OBD2 from 1985

lel

>not carpooling with a friend so if you get the car you want to buy, you just have to follow each other and if anything happens you can jumpstart off the vehicle your friend is driving

>1985
>OBD II

1-800-come-on-now

Describe how it lost power.

>go to vatozone and buy cheapass fuel pump/inline pump to limp home

or

>take sandpaper to distributor to clean up points

Depends how the power loss felt and how diagnosing goes.

Of course a BRZ owner would be this stupid

>contact seller and confirms car runs great no problems
Problem #1, of course the seller is going to tell you that it runs well, especially if you're all the way in Iowa, since once you fly out there you aren't going to want to walk away from it.
If you're serious about a 30 year old meme-mobile, you should have had him take it to a local mechanic that you researched, and get it inspected there. That way you're only out $50 if it's a shitheap.

>exchange cash/title
>car runs great
You bought the car before you even started it?

>rest of this BS story
Honestly sounds like something in the fuel system, probably the fuel pump if it was losing power and then won't start at all.

Any money you saved on that killer deal would've been spent on your plane ticket and drive back. Should've bought something closer to you

pull the trigger on every nigger

I would never travel more than 150miles for a car ever, no matter how good of a deal it is. It's just retarded. Wait until you find one close by. Wtf

>buying a car only mexican lawn mowers from los angeles would drive

>buying a car only mexican lawn mowers from los angeles would drive

>check gas
>check fuel filter
>listen for fuel pump
>check alternator output
>check ignition and engine timing/timing belt