/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Technicians from the year 40,000 edition
previous ded: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.

WebM for retards:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of Ded Earf
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena 2
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>StarMade

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named. The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>Hearthstone, found in the hearthstone general, /hsg/, not in this general.

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Spengies Server Pasta
pastebin.com/uPudaAyJ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n8cCDoDYgc0
youtube.com/watch?v=pEwxguHUi_U
youtube.com/watch?v=w8mH-h03gs0
youtube.com/watch?v=cNgxyL5zEAk
youtube.com/watch?v=CvERHiTfx9w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>timers on infinifactory

fug

bamp without image because

Special extended image limits for /egg/ when

When the shitposting merely eclipses the sun, as opposed to warping its course through space.

/egg/ in 4cup when

Was it really worth doing all that work and pay all that money to save a shitty cabin though? Unless that guy works for a dirt-moving company it probably cost more than the house

>filename
A pile of compacted dirt is pretty much the oposite of "over-engineered" though

>>Was it really worth doing all that work and pay all that money to save a shitty cabin though?
Yes

Would be too many teams, but maybe there could be a mini tournament where all the generals battle it out to see which one gets to represent Veeky Forums in the big one

user, there is exactly that, it's the Veeky Forums league.

>represent Veeky Forums in the big one
...that's not how it works, though
The VGL exists for this reason, m8

SPEAKING OF WHICH, pic related is still a thing.

I've asked a couple of times recently but nobody seemed to care too much.
Considering this was put together a while ago, shall I make a poll or something to make sure the main players are actually still the most popular names? There's no point in getting someone else making a team if we don't like them much

Unless that guy works for a shitty cabin making company it probably costs less than a new house and refurbishing

Some newer memes need to go on there, like unification.
Also didn't someone find a really good theme a few threads ago?
>tfw was going to put some unit of time, but realized I judge time based on threads

>Nick 'the Unifier' Smart
>everyone in a dogpile/grouphug after goal

Oh, I didn't know

>Tumbles
no
no direct circlejerk

Personally I think Fuck Off Joe is the most redundant at this point.
Everyone agree FOJ should be replaced with Nick 'the Unifier' Smart/Unification?

Okey dokey

As for the anthem, we could probably use:
youtube.com/watch?v=n8cCDoDYgc0
I'm not really sure why The Final Countdown was put as the anthem besides being spess

>Personally I think Fuck Off Joe is the most redundant at this point.
>Everyone agree FOJ should be replaced with Nick 'the Unifier' Smart/Unification?

Yeah

What about something to do with clowns and breaking serbs?

/ss13g/ has the clown thing covered pretty well.
Seriously, their team kit is the clown. Every member. It's fun to look at.
Plus CLANG and RIP SERB are in there already

>thank you for the support guys

I miss Autist or Autism.

Good idea, but we'd have to replace someone then.

Also, I just had an idea.
Rename Landing Gear as 'Landing Gear on Rotors'.

on pistons

Landing Gear renamed God help us and Tutorials put in reserves because I just thought of something we missed out.

Also I remembered that Hymn to Breaking Strain is much more fitting for us.
youtube.com/watch?v=pEwxguHUi_U

Should we replace someone else with Autism? Players can be put in reserve for the purpose of replacing others we decide to remove, remember, they're not gone forever.

Hey so I made a ship to fit within the confines of HWS's restrictions on Empyrion. It has at least 4 blocks of hardened steel on all sides of every walkable place. Is this sufficient?

Also could there be any use in having /egg/ moles in factions besides bounty hunter?

youtube.com/watch?v=w8mH-h03gs0
Here's a better version of the Hymn.
And maybe replace either John Madden or aeiou with Autism.

No.
First you need to buy what looks like at least 50 truckloads of structural dirt. That's at least 5,000$. Then have it delivered to you, which will take several days and cost another 5,000$ or more depending on how far away the dirt reseller is. Then you need enough dirt moving machines to keep up with one truckload an hour, renting a single dozer is like 1,000$ per day. Then a guy to drive it is another 300$ a day. Finally compacting equipment and labor, should be about the same as the dozers.

If we're being very nice about this, it's at least 40,000$. Which is less than a shitty cabin on the countryside. It is WAY LESS if you're not a retard without insurance.

>Should we replace someone else with Autism?
well, maybe Sphereman, Space Balls or Lemonhulk

>bradley

This one I think would work better for an anthem, since only the beginning is heard for each match (unless we win :^)).

Oh boy.
I think we should have a poll for most popular players anyway, then another for least popular if there aren't enough votes to show who goes in reserves.

Corneroids should be the last Reserve and never allowed to play.

Parked domain, shows me nothing useful.

>a poll for most popular players
That would be the most efficient way to go about it.

Alright, POLL'S MADE... minus Eggman and CLANG since I ran out of option spaces, and they are default anyway. So only the top 21 of this will get in.

strawpoll.me/11836523
strawpoll.me/11836523
strawpoll.me/11836523
strawpoll.me/11836523

Remember, reserves doesn't mean ded forever besides Corneroids, he's eternally reserves

>logicalprogressionofeveryshipinftd.png

Don't fall for the "engineran music" meme.
Building music is highly dependant on the thing being built.

muh Autism, where?

>Remade entire list of members in alphabetical order
>Forgot Autism
Poetry

Shall we make Autism a member by default, like Eggman and CLANG? We talk about it often enough, and it's more relevant than a large number of them. Also it means we won't have to redo the poll.

That is if you're a fucking retard who can't into development and optimization.
Instead of tacking on more things that add functionality, try to remove those that don't.

Default Autism, keep the poll.

Autism in, last one from the poll reserve.

Cool, fine by me.

Shall we keep the poll up for at least until the next general, so it can be posted in the OP? We don't get many people in here at any one time, so it'd probably be best.

>no factorio maymays
I propose AYYLMAO

Not Austin?
youtube.com/watch?v=cNgxyL5zEAk

jeez user i was just trying to make a joke, you didn't have to bully me.

Actually I just noticed, the URL I have for Eggman's horn is the Sanic 1 theme, not Sanic 2 like it says. Considering it's supposed to be a celebratory theme, would a final boss theme be better instead?
Or even youtube.com/watch?v=CvERHiTfx9w ?

right factorio: how about:
>fast inserter
>big electric pole
>belt loop
>belter
>biter

>getting this mad at a unification joke in FtD

belt loop

Or LOOOOOPS

OOPSLOO

Loops are for noobs, and they make me cry

fuck off nick

Forgot your pic.
>inb4 it was trix

Houston, we have a problem
I only just (WHY) thought to check player names to see if they're already being used by other teams, and there's only one that seems to be in use.
Eggman.
What do?

/egg/man?

Could take some wrangling, but I suppose if we have our own uniform and all then it'll be allowed.
Hell, if I ask we might even be allowed to name him normally since we're a VGL team (Eggman is an /r9k/ player, main league).

I checked the others, Autism is in use by /jp/ so...
Engineered Autism?
Refined Autism?

egg-head?

I'm too lazy to shoop

>Engineered Autism?
>Refined Autism?
M.Eng. Autism

Unification is about making everything simpler, because herp derp simplicity.
A flying submarine/amphibious tank/utility vehicle serving as AT, AA and AP weapons platform is anything but simple - it is the exact opposite.
That being said, I never understood it as a unification joke, more as a "I just keep on adding more things to my ships, because I can't just settle for only five weapons systems".

Don't be so bullyable.

>net decrease
The word net is completely superfluous if there are not several positive and negative effects being added.
Guy who made that should kill himself

Compare them to the spoilers on a formula 1 car.
The increased angle of the caps will result in greater downward force, and thus better grip with the road surface.
Thus, the question is if the improved grip (and with it the greater velocity) will outweigh the increased drag.
u r dum

How the fuck is an evil genius with a robot army but no friends more /r9k/ than /egg/

Because it's in reference to a shitty e-celeb of theirs, IIRC.

Doctor in autism engineering?
Dr. austismeer?

1. Negro #1 does not mention increased grip as a factor, he only mentions increased drag as a single negative effect. Therefore he should not use "net"
2. Shoes powered by a human leg are not traction limited. Therefore downforce only has a negative effect
u r dum
calle

It's fucking ice on the streets here in Sweden so I will contest your second point. I literally pick where I walk based on where I get more traction.

>It's fucking ice on the streets here in Sweden so I will contest your second point. I literally pick where I walk based on where I get more traction.

I hear ya man, here where i live we have icy fog from december to february, and it's like the whole fucking city transforms into a ice skating park

1. An educated melanoid gentleman such as Tyrese should not have to mention increased grip, as scholars like himself consider it a given.
2. That depends heavily on whatever surface is traversed. If traction is not a limit on surfaces such as grassy ground, what is the point of soccer shoes?

There's clearly no ice in the specific example

1. By that logic he would not have to mention increased drag either and wouldn't say anything.
2. "whatever surface is traversed" You specified "road surface" yourself

Calm your tits Jaykwon.
Just because Tyrese smashed your dreams to wear caps like a peacock doesn't mean you have to try to pick at his words trying to disprove him.

don't ded thredd

>TFW my battleship has a flat bottomed hull and I could actually put tracks on it.
I actually think I'm gunna fucking do that right now.

We need Godforsaken Astronaut

>try out Spengies for the first time in a fair while
>Playing a bunch of FTD leads to muscle-memory making me right-click to try to place blocks and move the cursor towards me

This is going to be an annoying habit to deal with.

What about me guys?
Prime as optical.

I could add suggestions to a runner-up poll once the current one's done (i.e. approximately two threads' time, so it gets put in at least one OP).

>Wall-E_goes_to_New_Vegas.jpg

Optical Prime will never not amuse me

>Im gonna find those blackwarez on the silicon fields.

has anyone tried making one of those portable raspberry pi gameboy things?

a-are we allowed to talk about actual (kind of) engineering stuff?

I have a friend that has done it. He can emulate up to n64/ps2 era games with it

I have some psp joysticks on the way I want to try using.
Has he used the original dmg-01 or the color?

I think he used the original, i'll ask him next time i see him

>has anyone tried making one of those portable raspberry pi gameboy things?
No because it's piss fucking easy and my phone emulates way the hell better.

>Actual engineering.
>/egg/
Verboten.

>a-are we allowed to talk about actual (kind of) engineering stuff?
we did it last thread,.

>not knowing Johnny 5 is alive

That depends.
Something like making a rasberry pi, no, something like nuclear theory and military technology, yes.

>onscreen d-pad

>im fucking plying

I had to Google that, I've never seen Short Circuit. My bad, I guess.

>tfw that one scene in the sequel

I actually had to leave the room and I loved violent movies as a kid.