/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

there is no edition

>News
MHXX is due out for 3DS in Japan on March 18.
Trailer 1: youtube.com/watch?v=5VV5-opm1TE
Trailer 2: youtube.com/watch?v=XiOBszkWCp0

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 (rage)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing
In 3U, Help! A, Lobby 9

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

www,facebook,com/monsterhunter/videos/1291387607549221/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What does /mhg/ do in between hunts?

Shitpost.

eat a hearty meal

Masturbate to your guildcard.

Daydream about what Charlottes feet must smell like after a long hunting session.

Please kys

Funpost.

Soapy vaganias

Take care of my girlfriend with crippling depression

The poor thing. I'd be depressed too if I were dating you.

I respect you.

>Armour set comes with free lubricant
What's the best skill and why is it bubbles?

I don't get why people do this, just drop her.

Writting on my book.

Ledges are still the worst thing that ever happened to Monster Hunter.

>spends 99% of the time in the water
>only jumps out to do one attack then runs back in
>changes area every 3 minutes

Why does everyone bitch about the hip check when everything else about this shit is much worse?

The things you describe are what make the hunt take a lot longer than it should. Whereas the hip check is what causes cart and makes all that time entirely wasted.

what are sonic bombs?

rage inducers

Best blast hammer in gen? I don't care if it deals less damage than tiggy hammer, I just find blast weapons incredibly satisfying to use.

>gen
>blast weapon
You already know the answer to this question

Are there any sets with GS skills that I can make in 4u at 7~8 star caravan? Unless Im just a dummy, it doesnt look like there are any sets with critdraw or fast charge, or even quick sheathe at this point in the game. Should I just be using jaggi s or whatever for attack up?

I don't, otherwise I wouldn't ask.

Hellblade

Cool, thanks. Too bad it looks like shit though. I need to reconsider my position on wanting a blast hammer.

I'm getting a burning crusher instead and pretending it's blast, you can't stop me.

None particularly noteworthy. Everyone made do with Regios X until hitting G3 and being able to grab the endgame set anyway.

So with Brave Style being a thing could Guild CB at the very least get Quick Dial back? The new Guard Point mechanic can stay but for Christ's sake let Guild CB not be 100% useless to literally every other style.

Halp never new it was possible but hyper silver rath made me a better hunter with striker CB.

Congrats on your crushing victory in Veeky Forums league you guys. Don't let your manager or the commentators shittalk your goal horn. It fits perfectly.

What the fuck are you even talking about and what do your feet smell like?

WHICH ONE OF YOU COWARDS DID THIS?????

kys charlotteposters kys charlotteposters kys charlotteposters kys charlotteposters kys charlotteposters kys charlotteposters kys charlotteposters kys charlotteposters kys charlotteposters kys charlotteposters kys charlotteposters kys charlotteposters kys charlotteposters kys charlotteposters kys charlotteposters kys charlotteposters

ok i'm gonna need source, research of course

So how do I charge blade in Gen? It's one of the weapons I played lightly in 4U but all of that's gone now.
I've tried bushido but losing the R+X transform feels so restricted. Any tips?

PS Gaijin's video is 25 minutes of trash that doesn't translate well when he spends 15 minutes on the move set of just guild

kys what? Her stinky feet? Do I dare touch the feet of a goddess? I don't know if I can, even though it would be the most erotic thing imaginable.

do you still get break rewards if you fail the quest?

i need to farm HR mono horns and its getting tiresome breaking and killing

Charge up the shield and phials then switch to axe mode for adept dodging and KOing. Not much else to it.

go striker, bushido is garbage

learn to love the new advancing slash gp and the roundslash gp, snipe heads in axe form, etc

No, though you get them if you only finish by subquest.

I swear to god if you keep that shit up I will find Charlotte, burn his feet to stumps and take his anal virginity.

i feared as much, thanks.

sadly, subquesting isn't an option in this case.

sauce?

>2016
>playing FU
why do you do this to yourself

cleaning up village quests in gen is so much aids I wanna neck myself
it's always been a chore to do in the other games but I swear gen takes it to another level

>bushido is garbage

u tryna start somethin m8?

adept CB best CB

>i dislike monster hunter but i can't stop playing it

it's like eating hot peppers

can't call myself a real hunter unless i finish Grank in FU solo, user.

plus i already have 1000 hours in 4u and X, and i dont wanna play any more 3ds monhun. fuck handhelds.

>finish grank
Bleh, call it a day after Yama at least.

Any chance to get a working 3ds emulator in the next century? Any chance Capcom stop being colossal faggots and release a proper MH title on not handheld devices inthe next millennium?

MH5 is gonna be on the switch

3ds emulation is years from playable though

I still don't understand how they can't figure out how to emulate the 3ds, did Nintendo make a horrible mess or a perfect work of art impossible to copy?

>touchpad
>3d
>aids
there you go man. like ffs they already made a wiiU emulator

So they made a horrible mess with the hardware?
Also what do you mean with aids

Is there an alternative to athena's ass for p3rd? Computer says it's not safe and won't open it.

I fucking love hot peppers
on other things, alone they're awful

What's the best style to play CB in Gen?

What kind of faggot computers do people have that we get this every thread? And can't you run it in a vm if you're a pussy?

>magala
>wyvern

im gonna keep calling this thing jet chicken and hope it catches on.

>gore
>dragon

you're right, it's niether a dragon or a wyvern
it's a ???

but can it be my gf?

I don't know about computers, I just want to mix armors and this won't do.

depends
they could be hermaphroditic and/or reproduce asexually

its safe, just open it

trust me i'm a dolphin

www,facebook,com/monsterhunter/videos/1291387607549221/

" I was upset because I thought this was removed. Turns out you just have to roll now. Another intuitive, useful, required change by the indomitable monhun dev team."

It won't open.

am i the only one that really likes fatalis?

of all the elder dragons, its the only one that really lives up to that title for me.

i love fighting it, i love the music, i love how difficult it is if you don't cheese it. it's a true endgame monster

Capcom is the worst thing to happen to monster hunter.

Learn to analyze the source of a problem before needlessly scrutinizing a trivial thing like fucking level geometry.

Where does capcom get all the footage they use in MH trailers since they don't even playtest the games?

Uh, turns out trying a few minutes later it works. Computers are difficult.

just curious, how old are you?

i haven't seen this level of computer illiteracy on the internet before

There's something amusing about having a 'generic' angry dragon as a big bad in a game where most of the other monsters have more creative designs.

Do you have to be mean about it? Now it won't open again, I'm not smart at this.

right click
open as administrator
hit yes when it asks if you want to make changes to the computer

If you got this from the creator's facebook, etc. you'll be fine

i wouldn't say his design is generic.

the concept, sure. but i havent seen many dragons comparable to him in terms of how he moves, the design of his wings, how he sounds, etc.

the subspecies expand further on his design as well

Will MH5 save the series?

no seriously how old are you?

right now i'm imagining you as a 70-80 year old grandmother who was just shown monster hunter and Veeky Forums by her great grandson

only if it completely renounces everything even remotely related to X/XX

except malfestio, he can stay. the rest can fuck off and die.

I've been doing it gradually as I progressed through the story, trying to clear as much as possible before every urgent.

So I just decided I want full dreadking armor. And since dreadking is apparently such complete cancer, I don't want to put anyone else through this so I'll be soloing it. Never fought it before. What am I in for?

Cancer.

Remember to break the wing first before flashing.

Why's that? I usually main hammer but do you think maybe I should go SA on this one so I can somewhat cheese it by spamming mount and breaking wings early?

You're in for wanting to stop playing the game before you're even halfway done because of how much fun you won't be having.

The fucker is immune to flash when his wings are intact and he never stays on the ground.

The only way to solo him without wanting to kill yourself is to cheese

Alright, aerial switchaxe it is. Break the wings and then flash spam. Wish me a benign form of cancer.

also, breaking one wing is enough to start flashing him, fyi

have fun

>make rathalos species with extra airtime as a key mechanic
>but make it immune to flashbombs until its wings are broken
WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY
PLAYTEST YOUR SHIT CAPCOM GOD DAMN WHY DO YOU SUCK ALL THIS WYVERN DICK

whoever thought that another rath with extra flight time besides azure needed to be implemented should be fired

Well if you're that curious. I'm soon 25
But I dunno man, I whitelisted it in my antivirus, since that's obviously the problem. But it worked for 5 minutes and then not again. I'm just like a kid trying to push a cube into a round hole.

Don't forget
>pain to melee
>mostly tries to stay out of melee range
>telegraphed at range
>so you should use ranged weapons right?
>WRONG
>shot hitzones are utter crap across the board

>have fun
I'm not. The only reason I'm making any sort of fucking progress is that raths in flight have a wonky hitbox and you can sometimes aerial jump off nothing if you roll under them.

>shit shotzones
this is one of those things that's somewhat minor but is made a billion times worse by another factor

another example of this is not being able to leave the hub while online, it would be fine if not for every goddamn quest being a yellow bubble
also fuck having to leave and enter the village to forward footbath questlines, no thought was put into these things