Tfw

>tfw

Other urls found in this thread:

aa1car.com/library/cooling_system_electrolysis_corrosion.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

boo fucking hoo your battery is dead buy a new one faget

look where the negative lead is going to, colonel dipshit

Did you look at the pic?
Ground's in the coolant overflow bucket. I should have 1 volt or less.

nigger why is your coolant energized

I apparently close to be conductive enough to transport enough electrons to be used as blinker fluid.
Congrats.

Tell me you didn't use duct tape to seal holes in your a/c and coolant lines.

That's a good question.
To answer:
Fucking Chrysler!

>parasitic battery drain

No I used it as mounts/clamps for the overflow line.

Lookin good OP

>Not activating your coolant
>Its almost twenty seventeen

Okay phew. It's not going to last super long though, those engine bays get HOT.

he could easily dip almonds in it to activate those too

Looks like you need to deactivate your atoms.

I don't know about that, its lasted 2 yrs so far.

It's the new theft deterrent craze.

If someone tries to steal your shit, just spray them with electrified fluid.

Did you measure current?

Funny!

>block is grounded
>water is somewhat conductive
>people are confused by the fact that the multimeter is showing voltage when referenced to ground via the water in the cooling system

cute xj mahnigga

shut your mouth
there should be no voltage in the cooling system you nig nog

There isn't voltage in the cooling system you stupid fuck, it's WATER, which is CONDUCTIVE, and it's in the BLOCK, which is a GROUND.

This is completely normal for your blinker fluid, what's the deal?

Not supposed to do that. It will eat away the metals it touches after awhile. Have a pic of a cylinder head after this happened, nasty.

look here nig nog in a cooling system there should be almost no voltage like .4 volts is the point were manufacturers say that there is a problem

>fram oil filter

/thread

There
is
no
voltage
he
is
using
the
battery
terminal
as
positive
and
the
coolant
as
ground

Care to explain how? This seems normal to me, the block is grounded so the liquid touching the block is grounded (though water is not as conductive as people think, so it's not showing a full 12V).

How does this cause any damage?

You shitwits who are saying this is bad don't know how electricity works.
Put one probe in the coolant and one on the block. No potential.
Put one probe on the positive terminal and one in the coolant. Some potential.
Why? Water isn't a perfect conductor, but it's enough of one for some small amount of current to flow, especially considering the surface area of the metal to water interface.

Do you know how electrolysis works?

>this fucktard thinks he knows how electrolysis works
>this fucktard thinks that coolant has infinite impedance
>this fucktard thinks he's going to outsmart me and that somehow I'm wrong that it's perfectly normal for you to be able to measure some voltage from positive terminal to coolant

I do know how electrolosys works, actually.

aa1car.com/library/cooling_system_electrolysis_corrosion.htm

So many articles, this was the first. Had to weld on every material to mold how I needed it, it had been eaten off and leaked through the stud holes.

Fucktard.

I can't believe you're stupid enough to think that being able to measure a voltage between the positive terminal and the coolant means that electrolysis is taking place at any point other than when the probe is in there

Can you prove it doesnt?

I have proof it did with mine and obviously has done with others.

Here's the thing, you groundbreakingly ignorant moron. The measured potential between positive and grounded water means NOTHING when it comes to electrolysis, it only indicates that the coolant is conducting a small amount of current through the block when you do something that makes it do so. Nothing immersed in the coolant system is EVER at the same potential as the positive terminal of the battery, because that would be fucking stupid, it would either short directly to the block and pop a fuse or create an electrolytic cell. If you want to determine if electrolysis is taking place in the system, you would not measure potential between positive terminal and coolant, you would measure potential between two components that are bathed in the coolant, like the water pump and thermostat or block.

If you disagree with me, it's because you lack fundamental understanding of electricity and the electrolytic process.

But wait. Wouldn't the thermostat keep any voltage from going inbetween the block and overflow?

The thermostat is itself conductive and doesn't make a perfect seal, c'mon man.

Mine did. Dumbass.

No it doesn't. No automotive thermostat is a perfect seal and they're all conductive.