Lets talk zombie apocalypse vehicle

Lets talk zombie apocalypse vehicle.

Lets say you have unlimited funds. Only requirements is that its legal to register (you cant buy a tank). You can however modify your car

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZZYT2nYd46o
rferl.org/a/syria-aleppo-siege-fuel/28061112.html
defense-aerospace.com/article-view/release/73023/video:-switzerland-dismantles-m113-apcs.html
youtube.com/watch?v=X-bcp7BH-gM
youtube.com/watch?v=GnW_26KxznA
youtube.com/watch?v=Wjoqq_vsqeM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Only one answer senpai

>zombie apocalypse
>glass anywhere without serious mesh over it

M1070

Why is it in every zombie show/movie, the only vehicles that seem to still run are older carb'd vehicles? Not complaining, just an observation.

You can't buy a tank IN AMERICA. Here in the UK, sure you can.

Buuut they're impractical and overweight and use too much fuel. Pic related is superior. It's even amphibious and can go where zombies would just sink.

>zombie apocalypse
>Society grinds to a halt as people try not to die
>Petroleum production ceases
>Cars are useless
Git a horse m8

>tfw you will never be a trucker and have daily transport that you can just floor through a zombie apocalypse until you're in the middle of nowhere for bugging out

Pic related would be good for the initial phases of survival.

Probably production costs.

But, really, just build a shanty village in the back of pic related and you're golden. Zombies can't reach you if you pull up the ladders.

Because electronics

Came here to post this

Um no gas, or all gas is bad

>Um
Post discarded

I like how Z Nation handles it where they actually do have to scavenge for gas a lot and they find that almost everything has been looted already. They do have to go cross-country, though, so a vehicle is kind of essential.

A Mercedes Unimog. It's the best car ever desu. I love those.

For years I just want to see a liveleak video of driving an armored vehicle like that through a dangerous 3rd world area.
I tried sifting through my history to find it but this is my vote, just not the exact one.

then THIS...

but you can road register a tank.. here and the UK and australia.

toyota ____ cruiser
it's supposed to be a mad maxd land cruiser but i forgot its name
here's a land cruiser

Honestly this is why I like the road by Cormack McCarthy. When everything is gone, it's just the wanderers

OH SHIT. I haven't seen that in years... I can't even remember what it's from now.

Britain is so fucked up... Can't carry guns, can't wield a real knife... but hey, if you feel like taking a Sunday drive in a 90 tonne fucking death machine, by all means, enjoy!

>vehicles requiring fossil fuels
>vehicles requiring complex electronics and parts
>horses that require lots of food water, rest, can hurt you, spook easy or run away
This is the only answer, get on my level
>inb4 /n/
>inb4 7mgeFag can't inb4

Completely silent, keeps you in shape, easy to maneuver or carry through terrain, easy to maintain, cheap as hell

The ark2
youtube.com/watch?v=ZZYT2nYd46o

fuck yeah bike bro
although a decent bmx would be a better option because they're simpler,lighter and require less parts to run properly

If I have an SF-76 or other legit proof of ownership, I CAN fucking title a tank in the US. You can buy tanks in the US, but ITAR and the government being dicks means most collector AFV are imported.

Most practical, go-anywhere off road AFV is an uparmored M113A3. I want that in an MTLV version but without the stupid turret. I want Soucy rubber band tracks, Davis active suspension instead of torsion bars, TOW launcher, 30mm ATK cannon on RWS, all the C4ISR and imaging gear I can fit, and Trophy APS system for defense. Engine is replaced by hub motors and a hybrid battery system allowing stealth loiter and slave cable recharge from similar vehicles if needed. Power supplied by two external, but armored, modular small turbine APUs. Entire fuel system is protected but external. APUs can be spun by their starter motor to cool them for thermal signature reduction. SAAB IR camo netting all over this motherfucker. Fuel/ammo/supply trailer has pump for scavenging and filters. Hitch has quick detach so trailer can be jettisoned from under armor while under way if fired on. Detachable ballistic vee-hull reduced mine damage, but I'd avoid roads where likely anyway. Floor space freed by suspension swap would be used for improved hybrid armor.

Funding didn't happen or this would exist. All the parts are COTS/MOTS. If I hit the lottery I'd build one to prove the point GCV was an even bigger failed joke than it already is.

>implying roads after a zombie apocalypse will be Mad-Max tier quality

Enjoy getting eaten at every traffic jam

I think getting 2 1.5 hp hub motors and the required electronics would be a good idea too.
> bike will still work as normal even if motors break.
> little extra speed and distance if you are in a jam.
> reasonably quiet when in use. Silent when not.
>charge your own batteries from random car batteries you may find on your travels.
>very lightweight.

All gasoline would become useless in a matter of months without preservatives anyways.

Hypothetically, if a zombie apocalypse did occur there's a 100% chance people will stop going to work.
This eliminates gas n diesel as availability would dry up nearly immediately.
A Tesla in combination with a solar equipped home would be the best choice.

>Literally millions of brand new vehicles sitting unattended.
>better take this old truck

This. I like how you think you'll get anywhere by car.

>Um bicycles are the way

>All gasoline would become useless in a matter of months without preservatives anyways.

Petrol can be filtered, separated from water by gravity, (we used to drain gas tanks in the salvage yard where I worked into clean tubs, let the nasty shit sink, then run the good stuff in all our vehicles) or distilled. Ghetto gasoline is made in third world countries all the time, and oil fields would still exist.

Syrians in Aleppo are making fuel from waste oil and plastic. There would be plenty of both in an apocalypse.

rferl.org/a/syria-aleppo-siege-fuel/28061112.html

>Literally millions of brand new vehicles sitting unattended.

You do realize most modern cars are impossible to hotwire, right? Good luck getting one started without the key fob.

make sure it"s a cargo bike

The ethanol in gas absorbs water which can only be chemically separated.

Those Montagues are nice machines. I fondled one.

Thy are stored in a simple lock box at the dealer.

but does she suck nitro?

Then time for the Aleppo method! An oil bowser made from 19-wheeler saddle tanks, a trailer and some basic tools would get it done and the waste ethanol fuel could be used for heating.

Good luck peddling those things on 500 (if you're lucky) calories a day.

You think people are going to leave you alone in your tent while you wait 8 hours to charge your batteries? Once survival of the fittest kicks in, you're fucked. Also have fun freezing to death at night.

New cars come with maybe a 1/8 tank of gas. That won't get you very far.

>You think people are going to leave you alone in your tent while you wait 8 hours to charge your batteries?

No, which is why I'll murder any potential threats. I can feed them to my chickens or eat them.

SHTF would look like a lot of the world like Detroit and Africa, so do what works. Form a militia, kill your enemies and anyone who looks at you funny, and rebuild.

Making the rounds and draining the other tanks is easy enough. If you have electrical power you can hook a schrader valve from a fuel pressure tester and let the car suck itself dry, than carry off charged battery if want.

Tools and equipment will survive. They do IRL.

They had to scrap their fleet because US wouldn't approve donation or resale. That beauty A2 met the "chicken" at a scrapyard. Check the video:

defense-aerospace.com/article-view/release/73023/video:-switzerland-dismantles-m113-apcs.html

steal one of these...
youtube.com/watch?v=X-bcp7BH-gM

Could not find it?
youtube.com/watch?v=GnW_26KxznA

Would cuddle the later IDF Machbet version but replace the Stinger pod with TOW or Spike.

Um.. this. Youre all dead.

Nice A3 vidya. Australia operates in jungle, where the US will never go again.

Viet Nam still use theirs, and rejected an Israeli uparmoring offer because they prefer combat mobility and know what to do with a track.

The other part of our aborted project was chopping and channeling an M113 hull to fit CH-47. Repower would allow narrowing it, and shortening by one road wheel would solve the length. Today the US has zero helicopter mobile tracked firepower and no helicopter mobile AFVs. Contrast with Russian airborne modernization for laughs. Result is US infantry become pedestrians once off their helicopters. The Battle of Marjah shows what happens when you fight at near parity with muj. They fight for a bit then escape.

Cab is porous to small arms fire. No runflats. Naked fuel tanks. Poor turning radius. Long wheelbase high-centers surmounting obstacles. Not all wheel drive. Plow reduces ground clearance.

No offensive weapons. Gunners in back would be poorly protected.

Good payload, simple maintenance, but road clearance would be better served with a conventional plow or bucket and hydraulics.

Christ on a stick...um all good points,
Back to my bicycle

my rig

actually nah i'd get a self loading tri-drive, loader could be helpful

There has never been much point is using a helicopter to airlift anything heavier than a humvee because a vehicle light enough to air lift is probably going to be vulnerable small arms and .50cals anyway. The Russians just feel the need to attach a 30mm chain gun to everything. Problem with mounting a big gun on such a light vehicle is that when it gets hit you can't dismount a 30mm, where as you can dismount a Mk.19 or M2.

WA LA...
Also Um... WTF is this,

First Generation Tacoma
4x4 Double Cab, with a 4cyl 3RZ-FE swapped in to replace the V6. We're not looking for performance, we need efficiency and reliability.
>Shitloads of skidplates to protect drivetrain and prevent damage to components.
>Tube and plate "Off-Road" bumpers with skirts along the front and rear quarter panels
>Flatbed
>9000lb winches front and rear
>Mechanical detroit locker up front, and cable converted E-Locker in back
>4.56 gears and twin t-case for super-crawler torque output
>Extensive lighting system for 360 degree illumination
>twin 150amp alternators
>Front and rear tow hitch with PTO up front
>Exo-Skeleton tube roll-cage along body to prevent deformation in event of rollovers.
>Extensive frame reinforcement to withstand crashes, rolls and strikes
>Pintle mount in flatbed for Machineguns
>Medium-size mesh window covers mounted to exoskeleton to prevent zombie ingress in event of broken glass, yet facilitate firing weapons from within vehicle. Can be flipped down or removed by unbolting.
>Multifuel compatiblity, for use of LPG, Propane, etc. alongside Regular gasolines.
There is much more I could go on with.

Thanks for the pick

>he can't register a tank in his state
lmao faggot

>let me drive this new nissan altima with all this electronic bullshit instead of this old dodge ram
>oops this crucial part of the electronics failed, better find a dealership to get it repaired because I can't drive it without it

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Leyland wanted to make a minivan. But like most things they fucked it up. Its powered by Fiat's diesel 4 bangers, with a CVT. Its also fwd with a lsd.

Danke

Why can't I charge the batteries by peddling?

A prius.

UM..yeah OK/thread

Obviously a boat. Maybe a yacht.

Enjoy getting eaten landcucks

Comfy as fuk

20/ft per gallon

you CAN buy a tank in the states mang

Lel

Dr350

no sleeper

>drive into horde
>dump the load
>watch as peaceful villagers are devoured

kek

>new car smell has worn off better swap it for another brand new car

Carpenter HTT

Maximum firepower
Wheeled not tracked
Troop transport means roomy in the back.

APC with turret
Tons of interior space and durability

you know theres more than one type of apc pleb

OT64 is the same shit for way cheaper, delivered, right from CZR with an overhaul.

No way
Serious?

Tatra 8x8 or a ram 2500 5 speed 4x4 with a Cummins 12 valve with front and back lockers and a 12,000 pound winch.

>everyone posting heavy ass trucks and tanks
I'd just get something small and as light as possible, take everything out of the back and replace it with fuel tanks. Gas will eventually become hard to come by, so the more empeegees you can get and the faster you can accelerate, the better.

Can't you just CAV296 the shit out of it?

This.

And by yacht I assume you're not American and mean sailboat. Needing a motor is crappy enough on land.

Unless it had a hydrogen motor and there was a water village somewhere that used windturbines or solar to make hydrogen. But then I'd assume the boat would only be used for commutes between land and sea (which might be safer), instead of constant sailing.

Polish Army small Tank

>decent on fuel
>reliable and can be fixed with duct tape and chewed bubble gum
>makeshift armor and bmp turrent, HE rounds clear a hole in a zombie swarm
>small-ish could weave through abandoned down vehicles

>tks combat history on wikipedia
kekt

Add these
youtube.com/watch?v=Wjoqq_vsqeM

It's a dream of mine have one of those.

>Troop transport means roomy in the back.
Yes. Pick as many as uninfected girls left in this world.

SHE S-S--SUCKS NITRO