/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, December 10th:
1317 – The "Nyköping Banquet" - King Birger of Sweden treacherously seizes his two brothers Valdemar, Duke of Finland and Eric, Duke of Södermanland, who were subsequently starved to death in the dungeon of Nyköping Castle.
1510 – Portuguese conquest of Goa: Portuguese naval forces under the command of Afonso de Albuquerque, and local mercenaries working for privateer Timoji, seize Goa from the Bijapur Sultanate, resulting in 451 years of Portuguese colonial rule.
1520 – Martin Luther burns his copy of the papal bull Exsurge Domine outside Wittenberg's Elster Gate.
1901 – The first Nobel Prizes are awarded.

>News
CK2 Monks and Mystics Announced
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/crusader-kings-ii-monks-and-mystics-announced.986031/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V9
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

New ck2 dlc when

>this early
use this thread first autist

anybody want to be my gf

Question about CK2, are Alans white? Need to know if I should focus on exterminating them or not

No, fuck off, I've had enough of all of your shit, I do my best to organise this board and I never get any gratitude, fuck off somewhere else.

>organize
you mean shit up

>new IP
come on lad, if you are going to falseflag as someone at make a post to pretend this isn't your first post in the thread

Gonna try victoria 2 for the first time. Who should i play as?

"The Alans (or Alani) were an Iranian nomadic pastoral people of antiquity."

You know what to do.

Are you the same guy that was avatarfagging as tomoko a week or two ago and hosted a game

Prussia, USA or France

I'd like to know this, but for HPM. Also, what are the must-have researches to go for?

no

So are Iranians white? I know the present-day ones are, but isn´t that due to the Indo-Aryan invasion by Timur or something?

thanks opanon
he's not pretending to be someone else though

Same thing as vanilla.
Play the game nigga, stop facing it like a receipt.

How does it feel to be the most hated person in the world? You're literally worse than Hitler and Martin Luther put together

Always the techs that give more research points, followed by pop growth ones (medicine). There are some other ones like inorganic chemistry that gets rid of bad events, other than that it typically depends. If you fight a lot, army techs take priority. Big navy, go for navy etc.

>implying Hitler was bad

Why isn't the random country picker loading to be honest

>all faggots immediately move to the new thread even though the old one hasn't hit bump limit
You niggers deserve every single shitpost, every steamgroup """raid""" and every reddit/ paradoxplaza/ /leftypol/ memer

I'm sure you autists would be the first to cry if I didn't make a new thread for you to post your shitty map painting simulator and circle jerk around shitty memes

>present-day ones are
I'm assuming you meant aren't, right?
Ancient ones were likely quite white in the same sense the ancient Greeks and Romans were though, which got ruined by the Arab invasion and Turkics.
Isolated mountain Iranic groups are quite white, but make no mistake, it's a different type of """white""" than modern European groups.
By white here I mean significantly Indo-European while not being Semitic or Mongoloid

I would have made one myself if /gsg/ was slipping to page 10

>waaahh why people are not doing what I want
looks like someone has some growing up to do

Good army comp for Vicky 2?

Play the game.

10 shitposting brigades

4 infantry 4 artillery 1 hussar 1 engineer
replace infantry with guards if u can

Is there any way to beat a fully formed Germany in industrial score as England?
Its 1864 and I'm already down like 20 score.
Also who should I be focus grouping at this stage of the game? I went with clerks

>can't beat germany in industrial score as fucking UK

So should I genocide the Alans or not? I'm very confused.

Restart and never export any machine parts, build up a complete machine part monopoly. No one will be able to industrialize until their artisans create enough parts for a factory.

>Wasting everyone's time with your unhelpful cuckery
Evidently I'm not that great at Industrialising, enlighten me please.

>you start with a head start in tech, industry and craftsmen and a global empire which can have more people than china and more land than russia
>can't fucking beat AI germany in industry score

Sounds pretty gamey, is there any alternative ways lad?

Alans=Sarmatians, who were white & based, so no
In my professional opinion, anyway

WAT DO?!

Have you been encouraging craftsmen? More craftsmen=higher industrial score

Pass some fucking reforms, stop taxing the shit out of everyone, don't grant press rights.

Just don't be a shitter I guess, you have access to way more pops and resources, you should easily beat them.

release every possible country and play as the Rhineland

Oh okay, I'll focus group craftsmen instead of clerks.

>promoting clerks

100% holy
100% Roman
100% Empire

Ah well, guess I'll invade the muslims instead. Can you join the wars of people who are in a coalition against you?

Guys...

I thought the "interracial breeding grounds" was just a neme...

Get help Voltaire, you have fucking problems

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Birthplace of Protestant/Calvinist/Hussite heretics

>Ruled by the very same peoples that invaded the Roman empire of old

>A
>FUCKING
>CONFEDERATION

See

doesnt the gutter crown event force a shitton of political reforms on you?
I thought it was basically handing glorious Germania to the libruls and then gommies?

>british women should breed with africans and arabs
>british men to be castrated
Why can't British men also breed with foreign women? The end will be the same.

I'm not Voltaire, theres no way I could possibly have lived that long

>trying to argue with loonies

actually, in terms of pure ind score, clerks seem to be giving more than craftsmen.(bug?)
If you want your industry to work instead of just appearing to be massive you should go for craftsmen.

clerks are more valuable than craftsmen, it makes sense they would provide more ind. score

nothing personnel

I agree

>
>so holy it doesn't give a shit what the pope thinks
>ruled by the very same people that propped up the roman empire way past it's expiration date
>empire is a state of mind bro

t. Friedrich von Habsburgzollern

Don't you have some bulls to prep, Voltaire?

>Paradox has learned their fucking lesson about mana
Yeah I wouldn't be sure about that.

>play as Austria in EUIV
>get union with Hungary right off the bat
>focus on avoiding the shadow kingdom, to do so I ally Milan, kicking Venetian and Papal ass
>truces, AE and leader dying too early make me only be able to declare war on the papal states for Rome and Umbria in the 1480s
>get a fuckton of AE and have a coalition of Italian states and Bosnia(?) after my ass once I successfully avoid the event and have Rome on the HRR
>coalition doesn't fire as I improve relations with its members, focus on dismantling Burgundy and babysitting the empire
>For some reason I don't remember quite well I went to war with Poland(Lithuania broke off)
>Bohemia declares on them and gets stomped as I peace them out, losing a bunch of (Imperial) clay, Silesia and Saxon lands
>"cool, now I can put Bohemia under a PU using that mission"
>do so and shortly after declare of Poland again because I'm losing a shitload of Imperial authority to those lands they've annexed
>Poland kicks my ass with their 46ish stack, not to mention the 20 or so from the papal states sieging my lands

Fugg, I certainly bit more than I could chew on that one. I feel like I'm really weak military and alliance wise, despite having 54k troops. What should I do to fuck over Poland? France and the Ottomans aren't that much of a big deal at least for now as they haven't expanded too much into the HRE's direction.

If I went Danubian Federation, where should I colonize?

>Tea
>Coffee
>Tobacco
>Wood (Not that many wood rgos in Austria)
>Cotton

?
Create the Danubian shore of Africa?

Take the Suez, Cyprus, then the part of east Africa of your choice, Kenya and Tanganyika are good

am I gay if I wiggle my willy to GrossGermaniums

Ukraine to Thrace to Albania, Southern Germany too if you feel like it.

The answer you want to hear is Egypt to the Horn of Africa, and puppet Israel.

you sound like you should puppet the csa if you want access to those goods

and put a habsburg on its throne

i mean, that's basically good for everyone.
There really is no other options is there?
Well I would get cotton, but I doubt I could intervene in time to protect the CSA in this current patch as Austria. I could barely do it with spain, and I had cuba right off from its shore.

>>Tea
Asia
>Coffee
I think Ethiopia has those.
>Tobacco
No idea
>Cotton
Egypt.
>Wood
Don't really think you'll be able to find that on tropical lands.

So annex Egypt+Sudan and take on East Africa while youre at it.

>sell captured females to other pagans as concubines
can someone mod this in?

Wood is such a precious fucking rgo it seems for industrialization. It stays in high demand, almost the entire game I feel. Guess it's gonna be Nile to Uganda kinda colonization game. Danube makes for a fun colonization game, since they can push so many of their pops from home overseas to their colonies. Sometime after 1900, I had 10% south germans in fucking Cairo because populations get pushed and then assimilated.

>Tea
Chinese ports, Taiwan
>Coffee
Vietnam, Ethiopia, Ceylon
>Tobacco
Cuba, Orissa
>Wood
Cameroon, Canada in general
>Cotton
Egypt

Straightest thing in the world

Is it ever worthwhile to use your NF to promote anything other than just intellectuals, capitalists, craftsmen, clerks, and soldiers? Are benefits only marginal for encouraging landowners or officers?

You'll want a certain amount of officers to get the max amount of monthly leadership, but after you reach that point, there isn't much reason. Landowners aren't really a priority as there are far more important things to use your NF on.

Why does France always try to eat Spain in EUIV? I mean, it happens so much that that's got to be coded in and isn't just a spontaneous AI decision.

What are the benefits of leadership other than being able to press "create general" whenever I get bored?

You never need Officers, your promotions will naturally get them to .2%. Same thing with Landowners, since your pops have to get their luxury needs to even have a chance. I guess you could push them to get it to 2% once you are giving them lux needs but its still a bad bet. You forgot Bureaucrats though. Most important.

Cameroon? I could try and snig snag it during colonization just for the wood. Thanks for the recommendation on it!

it's le epic alt history XDDD totally a feature dont liek it dnt play autistic gsger -_-

why do people get ahistorical colonies?

Being ahistorical is the whole point of Paradox games. If you want real history, read a book.

no

idk if its still valid for eu4, but in eu3 it surely were those sweet, sweet gold provinces

Then play For the Glory, with AGCEEP for maximum railroad autism

It's a gold mine if you're into wood.
Considering the RGOs you want, I'd go with this African region plus Vietnam, Egypt, Taiwan and either Cuba or Mozambique.

Russia BTFO!

Probably because those have decent development and also to tic Spain off.

Whats a-historical about my colonies as a stronger Austria?

You got some polish dick in your lithuaniums

>blobbing in Denmark

post a map of Austria's historical colonies and I'll tell you

>162303283 ▶
>>sell captured females to other pagans as concubines
Shouldt be hard, find where the republics pay for it then add pagans to the list. Or tribe/Nomads.

The REAL German Question is: should it die?

>2