Towed

shared your story.

I got towed last night. going to bail it out tomorrow. it's $400.

No car has been impounded/towed in four years here

Let me guess Frosty the weedman?

>Picked up and hauled off to jail after a vehicular search on a Friday night
>Officer nimrod found melatonin in the console and thought he was really onto something
>Police report says he identified the pills as alprazolam through his extensive training and my body showed signs of being nervous, cardiac central system or something
>Don't see a magistrate till Tuesday at noon; bailed out at 3k
>Find out some shady towing lot has my car
> $385 to get it back
>Signed the release form and drove away
>Alignment was off and tools were missing
>Went back and asked what the fuck
>Hurr you signed the release from
>Form is nothing more than "this is your car and it's registered and insured "
>Call lawyer and ask him if there's anything I can do
>"Only if you have a good case, otherwise they're not exactly liable. Did you sign paperwork? "

Ended up taking them to small claims and held them accountable for the missing tools and the alignment. Was more a waste of time than anything, but it was a final fuck you.

According to a friend of mine the release form now includes a lot more than just whether or not the vehicle is legal.

All charges were dropped after having the pills tested.
>Never transport pills in your cars, regardless of what they are

I've been towed two times, what a magical experience. Once for drinking, and driving, once for not having the proper documentation because I was going to play badminton, and my wallet was at home. The tow crew wrecked my rear bumper on the one when I was drinking, and the cop was a little dip on the other one. "The Magic Of Disney"

And it was 500$ each time, which really added to the whole experience.

My new technique is jack and drive, where I drive around ready to jack it at any moment, and chase the police away if there is a problem.

> I parked my car in an appropriate place!
> Didn't get towed
> Didn't get ticketed
> Didn't get vandalised

> Someone nearly blocked my driveway
> Parked anyway, didn't back into their car repeatedly like I would have with a cheaper car
> Stuck a label on their window. 'DO NOT PARK HERE'
> Have fun removing that, fuckwit.

>park on busy street where no meter
>been doing that for months
>never had a problem/ticket
>come out of work one day. ticket
>look at ticket for reason. meter not paid
>wait... not my car. someone took another ticket and put it on my car
>call traffic department and explain issue
>ask if they can check to see if anyone took tickets off my car. she says they can't check
>whatever. mail them the ticket like a nice guy
>two weeks later come out of work
>boot on my car
>WTF?
>call to see what tickets I have
>$500 unpaid tickets. all for being too close to the corner
>"corner" is a soft curve onto another street. whatever
>pay tickets, get boot off, parking parking lot after that

>consenting to a search

5 years ago my wife and I rented an apartment that shared a parking lot/driveway with a condo complex. The condo complex had an "HOA" and a huge asshole called himself the "president". One random day, after living there for more than 8 months, he called a towing company to remove my car from the apartment side of the parking lot because it wasn't completely in a space. I parked slightly (a foot) out of my end-space to allow my elderly neighbor to exit and enter his vehicle more easily.

He had no authority to have it towed, didn't own or operate the property/parking lot. Long story short, he was arrested for filing a false police report (claimed I blocked the fire lane, which didn't exist) and my car was returned to me free of charge. And since that roid-raging faggot decided to yell at my 5'4, 100lb wife, he also got 5 lbs of old room temperature ground beef shoved into the inlet of his car's HVAC system about 6 months after I moved to a different state and 3.5 years after the initial incident. (I didn't forget.)

I got towed from the parking lot where I live because the hangtag fell down

I even heard the damn thing taking my car away, I didn't do anything cuz I thought it was one of the neighbors parking their van

It was a $12 uber ride and $150 to get it back at 2 AM. Not amused.

Should have cut his brakes, retard.

dont tickets get sent to you per mail?

yeah because ruining ones car and potentially killing him is in the same vein

>tfw my car is certed 80mm from the chassis rails
>20mm from the bodykit at the front and at the sides
>40mm from the exhaust cannon at the rear
>no accessible tow hooks front or rear
>park with the wheels turned hard into the curb
>have huge fuckoff disklok
>project mu 7 sided lug nuts with 4 on every wheel
>leave in gear
>have 2 killswitches and a 4 star alarm

Good luck towing that gay cunts

Exactly.

> Jack car up, fucking up ricer bodykit in process
> Attach cable to chassis
> Let car down, haul up onto ramp
> Fuck up wheel arches to get securement straps around the wheels
> Fine for the time spent fucking up your body kit

> Jack car up, fucking up ricer bodykit in process
How do you jack it up? No jack fits under it
> Attach cable to chassis
Lol to where
> Let car down, haul up onto ramp
But you cant haul it up because the wheels are full lock into the curb and wont turn bc steering wheel lock
> Fuck up wheel arches to get securement straps around the wheels
cool
> Fine for the time spent fucking up your body kit
sweet

>> Jack car up, fucking up ricer bodykit in process
Set Jack on ground, against shitty body panel.
Shout to heavens to get the attention of Odin and your ancestors.
Kick the jack until your weak willed auto accepts the intrusion.
Pump Jack handle under the proud gaze of the warriors looking down upon you.

Seems pretty standard.

>marrying a womanlet
kill yourself. i bet she's asian too, faggot.

Your comment about consent needs to be demarcated. There are different levels of search now after the 9/11 laws. Consent not required in a number of circumstances. There are also things you can do which can remove your protection against a basic search or a thorough search. Your passenger(s) can also be interrogated separately from you and if any of them give permission to search or make a suspicious comment, then a search can be triggered. As a wildshot, a search can also be triggered if they contact someone else such as your parents, spouse, or children and they make a suspicious comment.

They will rent a forklift on your dime. Then ram it full force into the rear fender stabbing the forks through the car, then lift the car enough to attach chains to drag the car out of the parking spot and onto the flatbed

That's gold.

Do you think the winch gives two fucks if your wheels are pointed to the curb? You think you have security, but all you will have is a pair of flat spots on your front wheels from having them dragged the fuck up on to the tilt tray.

I've towed a 200SX from the steering box and a Slivia from the engine mount. Anything I can get 10mm wire rope and a clevis around really. Probably fucked them but not my problem.

Lippy 200SX cunt thought we couldn't tow his car too.

I've always wondered how far towfags would actually go to tow a car, and what they are actually allowed to do

I've never actually parked illegally to find out although I have cut a clamp off with a battery grinder but that was a different car...

Also
>ricer body kit
That cuts deep I think it looks mad

What kind of car?

>yeah because ruining ones car and potentially killing him is in the same vein

In today's american society, if someone insults you, it now justifies you to attack their car and give it permanent damage. There is no such thing as overreaction.

A31 cefiero

I take it you've never actually towed a car before.

>Good luck towing that gay cunts
Local laws protect tow companies from damage claims resulting from reasonable effort to remove your "untowable" car from an illegal location. This has been verified already in the local newspaper. Normally they don't publish tow stories but there was a humorous one where some smart aleck illegally parked figuring to dash in and dash out. But the tow truck happened to be passing by and less than 30 seconds later the tow was on after it was called in.

The car had parking brake set, so all four wheels didn't rotate. Well, that's just too bad for the car. Tow away happens. The car owner tried to lawsuit for damages to suspension and body, but charges dismissed as the tow operator described the tow process and the judge deemed it reasonable under the circumstances.

Making a car untowable without damage is not legal protection against having a tow done.

This is the best pic of it, its since been wound down further and the rear tow hook removed

Sold it to a mate out west and bought a z now

>I've always wondered how far towfags would actually go to tow a car, and what they are actually allowed to do

It depends on where you are illegally parked. Someone once parked at a fire hydrant and blocked it. Instead of towing or winching the car out of the way (they have winches), the fire department forced a lesson. They used their hydraulics to force the car into pieces and left it there. That was technically legal for them to do and they went to the full extreme of legal damage. The law allows the fire department to use whatever tools they possess as official gear to deal with a situation. So they were untouchable by lawsuit because the car blocked a hydrant.

If you're an arrogant illegal driver, that arrogance might be returned with double-down arrogance. It's not right. But it was legal for them to do.

Good friends with a guy that works for a towing company.

One really cheeky cunt had enough bags or whatever that the cars frame sat on the ground and the tires lifted off slightly.
They couldn't get a jack under it at all so they just smashed both front windows and ran the cable through the cabin and back to itself and dragged the car onto the flatbed.

Predatory towing is illegal.

>implying I consented to a search

After refusing a search the officer claimed he smelled marijuana and I was acting nervous giving him all the signs. My air freshener was also used in the police report as a means of hiding any scents.

Literally nothing can be done at that point.

>Police state USA

I really hope that's not the case here as property damage and theft protected under the guise of legal justification is rather terrifying

The actual reason why I made my car hard to tow is to deter car thieves, who have taken to "flatbedding" cars that are worth a lot at the chop shop. I pretty much wont leave any of my cars parked in town except my shitbox

Lost control in the mountains, broken tie rod can't streer car straight and had to get a tow. No cell service, up in the mountains. Wait 5 minutes and a patrol vehicle just happens to drive by, people start honking as I'm stranded on the road, got towed out of the mountain total cost $1250

>officer couldn't deal with the fresh

Yeah stinger under the front and dollys out back. That would be an easy tow.

That sounds like absolute horse shit. A set of wheel chocks and some dollys and I could get that up easy.

How do you get the wheel chocks lifted if the frame is blocking you from shoving the.. Whatever it is, chock-linking-bars? Got a pic of the tool you'd use to lift it up that first bit?

Dollys go across the entire axle in front of and behind the tire. Chocks are low friction plastic wedges or bricks you hammer under the tire or other lower part. They work great for busted ball joints and control arms as well since they keep the car from dragging.

Also they make single wheel dollys and ratcheting lifts that can gun under pretty much anything.

>night before thanksgiving
>coming home from dropping off gf at her parents' house
>it starts pouring
>slip on wet road and hit curb
>call AAA to tow my car home
>an hour goes by and they haven't shown up
>cop stops by and helps me push car off the road
>call again
>apparently the first attendant typed my number wrong and that's why I hadn't received any word
>hasn't stopped pouring
>tow truck finally shows up a fucking hour and a half after the incident

I wouldn't complain if AAA was a free service but like....... I pay yearly for this shit. has anyone else had a bad experience with them?

dude these are the best kind of tows when the police tell you to get it gone. they don't care what happens to that car and since its getting impounded it is the owners problem if there's any damage.

I love this shit cause you toss monster J-Hooks on anything they grab and just rip it up the bed. Proper tow points and jack points only matter if you care about damage.

Moral of story if the tow trucks winch can reach your car, it CAN be towed

I work for AAA and I'm sorry dude but it takes as long as it takes. you are not the only shit driver who has a fucked up car.

Its Thanksgiving, implying they are not running a skeleton crew on a holiday

Four gay fellas presenting

I had fun with my truck breaking down a couple of times due to wiring stuff going wrong, didn't pay a dime either time

post your car

who is this semen demon

>What is autoloader and dollies

I would probably be gone in 10 minutes. People who deal with dumbshits like you all the time could probably be gone in 2 minutes.

no because he lives in fuckyouland, where the government doesnt give a shit about you besides getting your money

>I stand in complete and utter solidarity with the company that underpays me for my work and jews everyone who uses it
>I believe it's totally excusable for a company with so much money behind it to only have one truck driver on duty trying to take care of every crash within the radius of an entire continent
>especially on a holiday

it was actually a faulty gear that caused the accident but driving skill is beside the point. I knew it wasn't the truck driver's fault so I didn't give him shit for it, but your company really needs to get its shit together and learn to better manage itself

agreed that the call center is garbage. and i do have more respect that you didn't give the driver shit. but 99% of the time I deal with bitchy people who are mad they cant drive and broke their car. you came off sounded exactly like how most of my calls go.

You couldn't imagine how busy it gets on holidays. You usually only run a bare minimum crew and those guys don't stop. I went for five days straight last Christmas. And usually you get those scum that think we have to be there within 5 minutes of breakdown.

anyone who would immobilize your property and primary mode of transport over petty fines is not going to be nice enough to mail you a ticket.

it's not the money for them, it's the idea of scaring people into submission. might makes right.