boston.craigslist.org/nwb/ptd/5895968639.html
youtube.com/watch?v=dOU2Tjc59GE
youtube.com/watch?v=waeOibnmuJk
youtube.com/watch?v=5SQBBGb7GPI
youtube.com/watch?v=e22Bf3h-ujs
cnj.craigslist.org/pts/5895871821.html
chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/5898714192.html
trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/mazda/auction-1211608929.htm
clubroadster.net/vb_forum/20-exterior/43785-ultimate-front-bumper-thread-nbs.html
flyinmiata.com/V8/costsNA.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

also craigslist edition

>1991 Mazda Miata
>158k miles
>$3900

boston.craigslist.org/nos/cto/5883531362.html

>1992 Mazda Miata
>103k miles
>$2900

nwct.craigslist.org/cto/5882794817.html

>1992 Mazda Miata
>173k miles
>$6500

newyork.craigslist.org/brk/cto/5878485410.html

>1992 Mazda Miata
>90k miles
>$3495

boston.craigslist.org/sob/cto/5892440518.html

>1993 Mazda Miata
>151k miles
>$3500

hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/cto/5888566588.html

bump

another one

Is that NB Splash Green or Crystal Blue?

Gonna pick up my first ever Miata tomorrow.

Feels good man.

Thats a good feel mang.

>Tfw people repost my pictures
>I never asked for this
Still so ayylien to me...
Splash Green.

>Splash "Green"
Forgot muh quotation marks.

It's a pretty great feel.

When test driving it I noticed that I could use a bit more head/thigh room because Miatas are pretty small and I'm a big guy 4u.

What should I do? Foamectomy? Smaller steering wheel? Thinner door panels?

The needle moves up and down while idling. When i rev it up to 2k it still sounds like the engine rpm isnt staying stable. The movement is tiny but noticeable.

Before anyone asks, i have roamed half the internet for answers. I am having a repair manual shipped to help me out.

I even own a Crystal Blue one and can hardly tell them apart.
Headlights seems to need some polish.

Best possible NB year/model to look out for?
I guess anything prior to mazdaspeed since I'd need to replace all the turbo bits anyways is good?

Crystal Blue is a brighter, softer color. But yeah, it does need polished.

good lad

I want to buy a Miata, but I can't decide what model.
I really love the popups on the NA, but everyone says that NB is direct upgrade from NA and NB are more common so itll be easier to find good one and for less.
NC and ND are too expensive for me.
So should I get NB and learn to love it or fuck it and buy NA?
Also I'm 6'2.5ish and ofc I plan on removing the handles, sun visors and foam from drivers seat, but will I fit ok with these mods or I'll have to buy lower seats?

What do you guys think? Might cop for $4,000

boston.craigslist.org/nwb/ptd/5895968639.html

>that "you'll never make your nb look like an FD" feel

buy nb
>convert front end to NA + jass lowpros + racing beat bumper
>convert rear to fd tail lights
>buy aftermarket hatch

Just get the NA. The differences between the NA and NB are slim and like 99% of the shitters here saying it's better wouldn't even be able to drive a stock NB faster than a NA.

you can get it for less than 4k

also im pretty sure thats the same place this dude from Haggard Garage picked up a miata.

youtube.com/watch?v=dOU2Tjc59GE

Yeah, it's some exclusive miata dealer located in New Hampshire. $4k feels kinda high but I don't know how these are priced in the New England area...assuming this one actually has zero rust. It looks in pretty good condition

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

cheaper than an FD

JUST

im gonna do it lads, imma go buy it tomorrow. don't know how to drive stick at all so i will have to yolo it. can i start in 2nd on a miata?

If you don't care about clutch, sure

watch this
youtube.com/watch?v=waeOibnmuJk

then this
youtube.com/watch?v=5SQBBGb7GPI

watch both till you understand how to do it and hopefully you get the hang of it quick when you go to drive it.

anyway makes sure to take a bunch of pics of the other miatas there when you get there.

youtube.com/watch?v=e22Bf3h-ujs

Foamectomy is great, I did it o ln my seat and I definitely sit lower and my legs don't hit the wheel as much

probably ignition coil pack

You can always upgrade the NA to be just as capable as an NB. It doesn't take a lot

Actually you might just need to calibrate your throttle position sensor. It could also be your idle air control valve

Will always look disgusting.

Green NB with 190k km
supposedly 1 owner and full service history

think it should still be good?

What problems arise at this amount of km?

190km isn't that much if it's been taken care of how it should

I like the color

>when you miss 4th and go into 2nd

it can't be too bad r-right?

happened to me when i was first learning
as long as you immediately pushed the clutch back in you should be fine

Any problems at all thoguh that can popping up soon?

NA is the true meme car. Your mother should have taught you to not half-meme.

Did it

I got my first Miata today. Should I call the doctor? It's been far more than 4 hours by now...

Congrats! How much did you end up paying?

miata.net/faq

I gave the guy $3900. Some people told me that it's too much but then a lot of other people told me that $3k-$4k is a fair price for a good condition low miles NA without any rust.

It's some czech dude and he has a shit load of miatas but most of them have fucked up paint, dented, or minor rust and shit that hes selling between $1k-$2k. Tried to take pictures but it was raining.

well you def couldve got it for less than that. I wouldve offered $3k and work my way up but good on you lad.

post more pics of the interior and stuff when you get a chance.

I've got a question for you guys:

I'm currently planning to buy a Miata, but since I can't keep in a garage it's going to be parked outside. I live in a temperate climate zone, temperature varies from -5°C in the winter to 30°C in the summer, it also rains from time to time.

How bad a Miata (Na or NB) will rust in such weather conditions ?

Thanks.

bump

JUST

Say cheese!

please dont start watching haggard garage for tech tips and welding suggestions.

god damn it. why are all of you guys on reddit? it's the same shit in the /dbt/ threads

bad idea on mentioning reddit, now I know you own a 2500 squarefoot warehouse in Boston.

where u at famo also what do you do

>my business expenses are well into the millions annually

I am in Foxboro. I work in digital marketing so it's kind of a spend $10,000 to make $1,000 type of a deal which is why my expenses are so deceptively high. But I get a shit load of points out of it so I don't mind. Are you from the area?

nah im from Conneticut, but good on you getting a Miat. We New England Veeky Forumstists need to do a meet up sometime when its nice out.

cnj.craigslist.org/pts/5895871821.html
Really want to get this but it doesn't look like a FM because on their site it has a resonator. Does it look real?

For reference, I need to replace my cat for emissions so if I get this I'll get a Topspeed Pro 1 axleback and some headers later just to complete it. I know there's almost no gain in Miata exhausts so I might as well go for sound and looks instead of wasting money on little power gain

More like future garbage. Dude i hope you're a gay, otherwise this is beyond me

Yes I enjoy man meat, but what does that have to do with cars?

LADS im looking to get a miata but im kind of a retard so just making sure

this seems like a steal, no? ~$1800 USD and apparently runs well

also, am i right in thinking this is an NA?

pls advise, this seems like an opportunity too good to let go

underrated post

You should probably research the car more before going to look at one/buy one.
The repainting is suspect, it may have been in an accident. Check panel gaps and make sure everything is straight.
Otherwise, besides the price being a bit on the high side (for the US at least), if everything checks out and it drives well, maybe. Never a good idea to buy the first car you look at, though.

If it's a SNC, steer clear.
Trust me.

NZ sun probably has the highest UV penetration in the world, mx5 have a factory paint halflife of like 20 years here. Red is by far the worst.

So what oil do you guys run? Got an NB with 200k+ and its currently running Walmart brand Supertech 10w30 because the valve cover gasket leaks, but I'm replacing it over the weekend so I'm thinking about going to something better now that it won't just leak out.

Out of curiosity, what do you guys think about this Miata?

chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/5898714192.html

its '92 so its not a short nose right? or am i mistaken

seems like the panel gaps are alright from the pictures but I could be wrong

trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/mazda/auction-1211608929.htm

thanks 4 ur replies boys

>There is weird noise coming from the back of the car

dat cud b trubble

Bought ebay coilovers for my car this week. The old ones from the previous owner were shot.

Need to replace some brakes too but not sure which yet.

What are you guys doing to your cars?

probably just forgot to turn off skid mode

holy fuck ive never been a car guy but i was sitting in traffic behind some miata with the top down just burning rubber like a dumb cunt and [spoiler]FUCK ME he looked like he was having fun i want a supa miat[/spoiler]

You can do that in almost any car, btw.

Just installed new headlights for it. I ended up getting Cibie 7" H4 housings and some Hella H4 bulbs. Super bright now. Getting them aimed right was kind of difficult, but the cutoff is good. Definitely worth the $100.

I also bought tabs, so that was another $85...

yo is replacing the timing belt on a miata too hard for someone with little car knowledge? will I be able to do it fairly well with google + a bit of patience? Or should I let a professional do it as to not fuck everything up.

cheers in advance

Do you know how a ratchet works?
Can you read instructions?

It's very easy and fuckups are hard to end catastrophically.

However, be very cautious with the crank bolt torque values if you're doing it on a 1.6/1.8.

Watch some vids, decide for yourself.

Hey /mg/

Post you're mods list

painted valve cover
coilovers
phone holder on the dash

who can match me

Best from bumper to put on an nb?

Stock

but the front of nbs are ugly af

Weirdo

clubroadster.net/vb_forum/20-exterior/43785-ultimate-front-bumper-thread-nbs.html

btw, try to choose one that isn't ricer tier.

If I want a car that makes me feel like I'm going a lot faster than I actually am is a miata for me?

>says kilometers
>uses the word 'tyres'
>is using $ symbol

What kind of fucked up country do you live in?

yes

Are you stupid, or just plain dumb?

wtf is going on with that center console and dash?

Flyin Miata 2.5 suspension kit
14x7 RPF1
CSF aluminum radiator
Torsen LSD mounted on poly bushings

that's all the major stuff, I have done a lot of miscellaneous small mods though

>Jass Performance side hardtop mounts
>Garage Star delrin door bushings
>das it

I-I'm modded, right guys?

>Bride Rep Seat & 4 point harness
>Painted valve cover
>15x7 wheels on 195/50 Direzzas
Literally nothing

Built engine, big turbo, emb, intercooled, 3" exhaust, wb190hp pump, rx8 yellowtop injectors, converted to return fuel system with afpr, hks bov, twin core alum radiator with coolant reroute, 300whp@18psi.

Adjustable coilovers, motegi wheels with bfg gforce rivals, manual rack, flyin miata stage 2 clutch, 4:30 torsen.

Fun car, i would recommend.

bump

good lad.

I bet it is, with over twice the original whp. I wish I had the finances to boost mine :(

anyone in the 613 area looking to sell?

Alright guys I am bored of my miata . How hard is a LS1 swap?

flyinmiata.com/V8/costsNA.php

Well here's the parts list, it's not exactly cheap

You don't need a v8 to have fun in this car, a snail is plenty

You only need about 184 hp to make a Miata have the same power to weight ratio as a MK4 Supra TT

Supra: 3450 lbs ÷ 276 hp = 12.5 hp/lb
Miata: 2300 lbs ÷ 184 hp = 12.5 hp/lb

And thats crank hp. That Boosty McGee guy above is making 300 wheel hp, which is like 350 crank hp. That's a power to weight ratio of 6.6 hp/lb. Stupid fast, more power than you need in a chassis this light. A V8 is making even more than that, with gobs of low end torque as well.

its 300 wheel horse so more like triple the original hp

is there any point of an automatic miata.

they are all cheaper and seem to be the least beat up