opengameart.org
blender-models.com
mayang.com/textures

> Free audio
freesound.org/browse
incompetech.com/music
freemusicarchive.org

First for anime

If I'm doing a game with low-poly PS1 graphics, what should my approach for natural terrain be?

gib good productive music

What anime are you watching when you're not devving?

>Watching weeb cartoons
>Not going shooting instead on your free time
Pleb detected

When will you shoot yourself?

Maybe tonight

I don't watch anime. '~'

Good, I can't wait.

How come?

That information is confidential as disclosing it would render me susceptible to spoilers.

Kira gets un over by an ambulance.
Okuyasu is not really dead.

wow, another bestiality thread.

I foresaw you would do that, I wouldn't even have mentioned spoilers if I was watching an mainstream anime you could possibly guess so unless you're going to list spoilers for all popular animes made after 1995 I would give up if I were you.

>Ludum Dare
Should I stick to the genres of games I'm good at making, or try out something new?

it doesn't matter

you should just make a smaller game if its an unfamiliar genre

If you try something new there is a chance you will get stuck and be unable to finish in time. It's happened to me before as well.

But, it can be a very good way to work in a jam, you'll likely learn new things about the engine you're using, things that you may have not learned from the genre you usually make.

quick, post your shill status

post your game and your mbti

where is this from?

Veeky Forums gold account

Need name ideas for single-equipable accessories, the setting doesn't matter

I just realized , the best way to make games is using a framework that does the heavy lifting and build your game on top of that, full blown engines are too heavy and hard to optmize.

what do I replace the hammer hands with? they are too difficult to animate and keep consistent sizes.

they also just dont look right.

pls

It should be blocky I guess. I don't understand the question

Unity question:

I am trying to make items for my game, some items will be interactive, some items will be items that can be in the inventory.

like a door, it will be interactive, but can't put it in the inventory.

and then a flashlight, it's both interactive, and inventory. Maybe even another "equipable" or "usable" things will be in there.

Anyways, my question is about how to structure this.

I can create a door class, which inherits from IInteractable, and IIDestructible (for example)

or I can have a door prefab, with "iteractable", and "destructible" scripts.
But then, the "interactable" part needs to have its own "doAction" function.

or maybe make a door class, which inherits from object, and an object can have all those things in booleans...

The question is, if I make a door class which inherits from those other interfaces, how can I test for that?

collide with item -> check if it's interactable
this part is easy with GetComponent()

or it can be GetComponent()
(in this case, door, which inherits from item)
And then what? how do I know that it inherited from interactable?

>mbti
hwat?

another user has seen the light
praise the lord

joking aside, I should pay for a Veeky Forums account again, I hate the fucking captchas

Those are hammers? I thought they were spades of fans. What about pillars? Cylinders should be easy to animate, yeah?

>anime OP thread
>virtually no shitpost

>anti anime OP thread
>99% shitposting
hmmm

Only non shitposting until you decided to do it.

you're literally the only one shitposting here

like enfp/intj/etc

That guy below your post and linked to the reply chain is shitposting too. Numbnuts

and so are (you)!

Then that also makes you guilty as well.

falseflagging animeposters who no longer can defend their anime ops through saying they drew "agdg" on top of them

I wonder who's behind this post

me

I've never used unity but I'll try to help anyway.

In my game I have a class called items.
Anything that can be placed into an inventory is considered an item. Therefore all the code under the item class refers to things like picking something up, stacking items ect.

Sub classes of item includes: container, edibles, weapons, ect.

A door in my game is considered a machine. All machines have a use function that must be overridden by the actual object.

Hopefully that helps?

I have a cube made out of smaller cubes. Each small cube has x y z coordinates. How do i check if the given coordinate, for example 2,5,6 belongs to a cube which is a part of the outer wall? (as in a cube which has at least one of its walls exposed to the outside world)

I guess doors can be machines, but all of those types of objects also have a "use" function. Or they can use it.

Anyways, when you encounter an object, do you do a cast to know which type of object it is?
And then call the appropriate function?

I still have to think a lot about this. But thank you for your example

google it

>no longer can defend their anime ops through saying they drew "agdg" on top of them
Actually this thread is living proof of the opposite.

aside from the fact you conveniently skipped the first part of my post, there would be no issue whatsoever if the ops were related either to game engines people around here actually use, /agdg/ memes or /agdg/ games
neither a dog shitting out an anime or a random anime are these

because the first part of your post isn't true? do you have any proof otherwise?
again if there was anything wrong the either ops you could report them to the moderation and they would delete the picture. you don't see that happening do you?

What do I need to make the furies like/have appeal for my bunny girl?

and before you think anything disgusting shes sitting on a ball.

Being a general on Veeky Forums already makes it anime related.

>diapered latex furry inflation fetish
looks like you've nailed it

my friend suggested giant Iron balls instead.

That's a bunny?

she's 2 phat

anything to not draw hands huh?

>getting owned by Googs

Still better than drawing gogem hands.

False

Veeky Forums has many dedicated generals and boards for anime stuff. Thus, you have plenty of places to post your anime OP's to.

There was a good reason why anime VN development was banned from non-anime boards.

>sign up for data mining challenge hosted by Ubisoft.
>receive an email saying that there's meeting for the challenge.
>show up.
>about 30 seconds in I realise that this is for a completely different challenge.
>it's a semester long game development challenge.
>play along because I don't want to look retarded.
>I know dick-all about game dev.

>get placed on team.
>Team leader: "so we're all committed to the game, right? I can send our emails to Ubisoft?"
>stay silent.
>now I can't back down.
>tfw I have to learn Unity and C# over the winter break.
>tfw I might have to drop a class for the Winter semester to accommodate the project.

Goddammit.

Well, it's looks like I'll be making my home here. I think the worst part of all of this is that I have to install Windows again. I don't want to go back to that hell-hole...

Its more of wanting to be creative with animations.
instead of the character swinging a sword or something, why not have something more fun?

anything to not draw eyes huh?

whats wrong with gogem hands?

SAVAGE

nothing wrong with this though

ALSO GOOD.

kek

JoJo reference?

Of all things, Windows is what you're struggling with?

Made Improvements.

Perhaps jiggle physics?

sure i get that, but hammer hands or ball hands are just pleb versions of popeye proportions.

Why are you doing this to yourself

if you are new here, remember to ignore goog's advice. This is the only place they can't ban his virgin 30yo salty ass

add more actual anatomy

Have you forgotten about the untold agdg rule?

10% of real dev time
90% of doing shit to meme or impress agdg

Slash/Stab mode transitions

Done.

Where do you go for inspirations?
This thread is pretty cool so far

neato

So is it gonna end up being a Condemned-like, or what? What are you going for?

We're going for Red Orchestra 2-like gunplay but obviously we'll have some differences

Beksinski, user. Always Beksinski.

Can you post anything about the game apart from these animations?

Looks like some blue hair town center fat bird carrying her fucking shopping

got em

The game is called "Our Ghosts of War." Anything I can talk about is posted on Polycount and Twitter.

Here's an animation they haven't shown yet publicly (have posted it here before, though). Need to re-key these at 60FPS

look up some references or something, so far even your bokube mc is sexier
start with fixing these tits and head shape

What you see is pretty much all I have done. I started relatively recently and I've wasted sometime trying to figure out what I need to do (quests, dialog system, inventory, battle system, equipment, etc) and how to manage everything in a way that works. It's hasn't been going very well but I'll try to find the right way.

No idea when I'll get something playable, I wish I had something for DD12 but it's not likely at this point.

You need to stop using multidimensional arrays. I'm serious when I say you need to learn what a struct/class is before going any further. You are making things more difficult for yourself and for anyone who tries to help you this way.

>tfw no inspiration for this LD
fug :DDDD

Stop putting us to shame, man, this is an amateur general after all

In normal games you can only wear one coat. Can the Homeless Simulator guy allow equipping multiple coats?

So as a beginner working alone am I supposed to do the LD Jam or the Compo? I figure the Jam is the correct choice if I haven't participated before?

Do both

the only correct answer is demo day

I set myself a to do list.
1. Pump all the very few planned features out in current understanding of language.
2. Once game is finished - refactor the code to include classes and structs and vectors any other advanced C++ features that apply and I have knowledge of.

And its not like my game is anything difficult. Its on a similar tier like the "Quess the number" Command Prompt game. This warscore calculation mechanic is most complicated thing in it. Once I figure that out, everything else will just be about wrapping things up.

------------------
Also, question about C++. Can I make vectors of dynamically generated structs with C++? What about instances/objects?

i did, nothing related to game dev came up, just some dumb psych shit, surely you wouldn't be posting non-game dev setuff, would you user?

>has a C96
take my money

>tfw all waifu games are dead

We Better noW?

Not this one.

I'm not furry tho