Why doesn't America allow small trucks to still be built? Trucks like the 70's-80's Toyotas, Datsuns...

Why doesn't America allow small trucks to still be built? Trucks like the 70's-80's Toyotas, Datsuns, and the rebadged Fords and Chevys. They were amazing little machines that you could do anything to. Sometimes mini-trucks look amazing lowered, while you got beaner-bags dropping new Sierras and F-150s and they look like shit. And you could especially drop a big motor in and make a drag truck, which a company should bring back imo. And before you say the Colorado, Tacoma, etc. those trucks are not small compared to the earlier versions. I know there was a chicken tax, but what's stopping them now from making small trucks?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=iujLPs0ae3s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because no one wants them anymore. Now run along and buy an f350.

Ford Ranger

Most likely "safety" rules and up selling.

Same reason why utes aren't sold here: not enough people would buy them.

Safety regs

Told Tacos, S10s, etc were all genuinely small trucks. As every other car got fatter due to these same regulations, in order to be deemed driveable they had to get fat as well.

reppin

>they had to get fat as well
To be fair, trucks had to match their fat ass owners

the fatter Americans get, the bigger our trucks get

and mine that runs

I could imagine companies that use fleet trucks would like these trucks. Plus they could be sold pretty cheap for whoever wants a cheap DD

There were no old Tacos. That was the Hilux.

Do they they still sell the Mitsu Wankero Sport aka Challenger in the US.
Thats built on the L200 frame.

OP here.. Reppin also, here's my 1980 Ford Courier. I'm planning on dropping a Ford V-8 in there. The Courier was a rebadged Mazda B2200, first gen used Mazda motors while the second gens used some Ford motors.

People who (((haul))) things wanted sedan comfort in a truck body.

The doors on that thing were 2.5" thick including the door card, and armrest.

It would need to be 7" wider on each side because >muh crumple zone.
And by then it would be a modern pigfat DMAxXx or whatever the fuck they're called.

Nice! I have an 83 b2000 looks just like yours but grey. It gets cranked about once a year and has been sitting in the sun for almost 20 years now at my parents cabin. My dad bought it used in 85ish for around $1000. I dont visit here as much as I used too but you should post some threads about the swap when you do it. Im curious how difficult it would be, no info online about the swap

In 2011 or 2012 the ObabO administration passed increased CAFE fleet standards for emissions. Emissions and fuel economy were taken into consideration with respect only to the vehicle's wheelbase and type (but not weight). This made single-row-seat short-bed trucks impossible to sell in the US.

How much do you think one of those firetrucks would go for in the US of America?

about tree hunded and fifty dollares

They really are great. I love my 88 silverado

>Mid winter, live in van
>staying warm in dreamy southern California
>check craigslist for laughs
>find $800 flawless Chevy Luv (Isuzu faster)
>so minty, all the 70s gold like T-Tops and bubble rear window
>MustOwn.jpeg
>No way to get it home
>No where to put it.
>No real home
>VanLife becomes Van Prison

that looks neat

small benis so need big truck
also "freedom"

>work at a major construction company
>have a bunch of fleet vehicles that we drive around on site
>one is a 260k mile Ford Ranger
>thought about asking the boss if I could buy it
>until I heard the groaning of the steering, the drivetrain grinding sometimes during idle, power windows catching
>truck is perfect for my height, only has a v6 and the optional 4wd
>auto gearbox doe
It's perfect other than being automatic. I'd really love to own one if I could find one with the i4 or v6. Don't care as much about 4wd, but it'd be nice to have.

>being a homeless piece of shit

This. Hopefully Trump's review of all this bullshit will bring the compact truck market back.

>tfw Canuck and am directly affected by burger standards for newer vehicles despite our laws being nothing compared to theirs

Because we have the hilux

oh wait

>merica
hahahah

CAFE standards

Bullshit
Mostly people in shape and tiny women drive big trucks
Take your eurocuck memes elsewhere

The unicorn of Ford couriers.

dumping misc mini trucks

m.youtube.com/watch?v=iujLPs0ae3s

Because it would take away from the sales of big pick-up trucks, and we wouldn't want that now would we?

t. chicken tax

The term mini truck is fucking retarded.