GUIDEPIN BOLT HEAD SNAPPED OFF. HELP!!!

GUIDEPIN BOLT HEAD SNAPPED OFF INSIDE THE CALIPER WTF DO NOW?

Get a tap and make sure you're turning the right way next time?

Buy a new caliper? They're not expensive or hard to install

How will I take caliper off with bolt still inside of it?

Remove it with the while still attached to the caliper bracket, get some needle nose vice grips to pinch the brake line when you take the hose off the caliper.

What went wrong? Did I screw them into too tight?

Same thing happened to me with a pinch bolt on a steering knuckle. Removed the strut assembly, put it in a vice and drilled it out. Kind of a pain but at least I didn't have to replace half the suspension components.

>that pic

The slide pin is threaded on those calipers, just get a new slide pin and bolt.

It doesn't even thread into the caliper, just bolts through it. Hence the spanner to stop the pin rotating.

Never pinch a brake line!!! That's a good way to break it

This, the slide pin pulls right out. If you have to, pull the entire bracket off and then look at it from there.

I forgot to mention it's a full floater type bolt. 2 bolts put the entire brake assembly into place. It acts as a guide pin and bolt.

Should have gotten a torque wrench.

Then undo the other one, swing the caliper up so its jaws clear the pads slide it off complete with the rest of the other pin, then use grips on the now exposed pin.

Like this, pivot it on the broken pin. You only need to take one out to remove a caliper.

Ok brb. Thanks.

Every car is different. GM does shit like this.

Op, what make, model, and year?

There is like 3 types, slider that screws into caliper carrier, slider that screws into caliper and threaded sliders that bolt through the caliper.

left handed drill bit and drill it off

You know there are tools made specifically to do that without breaking anything

Pinch Deez nutzXDD