What does Veeky Forums think of the new Supra?

Apparently they made some more modifications to the styling compared to the earlier test version

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ycaUFdZrI5s&ab_channel=liquidforcedude
youtube.com/watch?v=SF2cfzJKbUY
youtube.com/watch?v=BXx7LZdrqHE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It also looks like it's getting rear lights inspired by the Mk4's rear lights

looks like a hyundai tbqfh

looks like hot shit
its going to be pigfat and slow
screenshot this

I'd be fine with it if it looked like this particular Hyundai.

yeah when I first saw it my mind went "Tiburon" not a good reaction

Naaah
Put a hana front bumper on it or throw it in the trash

I'm excited for the new supra, but I get worried about it being hybrid and awd.

It sounds like there might be 3 different powerplants available though, with a 4 cylinder turbo as a base which is the only model I could afford

not to jump right into bench racing, but how much power do we think this is going to make?

awd best wd

Lipstick on a pig

except the tiburon is a great looking car. one of the better looking coupes to come out of the 2000s in fact.
its just shit underneath

AWD is cool, as long as their is a RWD option too.

RWD>*

I'm glad it's more toned down than the concept. looks closer to the mk4

>Introducing the Toyota Jewpra!

After this refresh (more like regret) I have zero confidence in Toyota making the styling even remotely decent. It'll be a huge surprise if it ends up looking halfway decent.

I'm fulling expecting to get an RX-9 instead.

>After this refresh (more like regret) I have zero confidence in Toyota making the styling even remotely decent
agreed
good thing subaru still has a clue
seems like they took a few cues from the sti concept

I can't see why anyone could possibly take the 86 over the BRZ. It's such a enormously better looking car.

Toyota to their designers:
>"how can we make this good looking car completely repulsive with as few changes as possible"
>"say no more senpai"

It's going to look like a pimped out GT86. Whodathunkit.

What makes it worse is that the BRZ Premium is cheaper than the 86.

And you can't even get the new 86 with any options like you can with the BRZ.

The only reason to buy the 86 over the BRZ is if you prefer the looks, which I doubt anyone does.

whats with the weird swirly camo?

>camo

It's just that.

They are using it for camo

New paint scheme from Toyota. It will be standard on all models. Rike it?

is it gonna have something other than an inline 6?

if yes than pass, if v6 then kill it with fire.

I think the Z5 is getting an inline 6. So if the Supra gets a V6 instead, just rip the I6 out of Chad's BMW Z5 and drop it in. Same car, just different body panels and roof.

Its gonna be a autotragic only with a generic v6 uprated with turbos. I know these cunt fuck automakers, no way in hell are they gonna release it with a standard gearbox, they will go with the usual its faster when it shifts it self excuse, also you will need to rebuild the transmission every 20000 miles and you have to have special service done at toyota every now and then. Even worst is they'll go nu-NSX and put fucking heavy DC motors into it and it'll be pig fat, literally a give someone 100000$ so you can push your foot in and let the computers do the rest.

So literally a GTR, just get a GTR.

inline 6 from the factory or bust.

Please look like this.

I know this isn't spectacularly looking, but simple is better than whatever garbage Toyota thinks looks "aggressive" or "cool."

Except unlike the GTR you will be able to get a manual. And Toyota is focusing on lightweight.

In other words, Nissan a shit

Where is the source

The Supra has always been notoriously fat, why would they change that in the modern era of all times

I wont even bat an eye to thing thing if it has anything other than a Inline 6, at this point ill take a fuckin BMW inline 6 and just change all the german accessories to maintain reliability.

As long it isnt one of the BMW inline 6's that sound like shit.

>GT-R
>unavailable as manual
Wrong

>Supra
>not just as pigfat as GT-R
Then it'll be a new AE86 with more giddyup, basically.

Since when can you get a manual R35? This is news to me

You can't, user is retarded

there are people in this world think that a double clutch trans is a manual.

>As long it isnt one of the BMW inline 6's that sound like shit.
>BMW inline 6's that sound like shit.
>inline 6's that sound like shit.

Is there something wrong with you???

if they have a turbo 4 version for $35k and it weighs under 3200lb i might get one

The tiburon was a fantastic looking car

no you must be deaf if you think all bmw inline 6's sound good.

good: N54
bad: S54

I cant take you seriously if you think the S54 sounds like anything other than a shit 4cyl.

youtube.com/watch?v=ycaUFdZrI5s&ab_channel=liquidforcedude

aftermarket header fixes the s54 sound

>b-but hybrid
forget about what do you know hybrids. They're are not prius (not all of them).

looks like a 350 ate a 370 and rammed into a Rorschach paint factory

It will be a naturally aspirated v6 making 340 hp and weigh 3900 lbs. Also expect an automatic transmission.

this is the world we live in now

my real problem is that people think it sounds good stock.

It sounds good in that video but I can still hear the shitty buzzing.

Shame they fucked up the front

youtube.com/watch?v=SF2cfzJKbUY

have you ever driven one? it sounds really good in the cabin - you get a lot of induction noise from those itbs

yes I have, I prefer my brother in laws bmw with the N54.

dear god please no

underrated

Already looks extremely ugly.

>tfw they fucked up the GT86 too

The BRZ always looked better, but still.

kek

I still wonder if it's the replacement for tge F86 thing, especially since the standard motor will be 2.0l turbo four.

Knowing ToyMW the V6 will only be available with an auto, especially if the do that xDrive and hybrid meme bullshit.

I am losing interest with each new story about "golly gee" engineering when gasoline is 2.30 / gallon here.

If they can keep the weight under 3200lb, and the 2.0T makes at least 250hp/250tq, AND it's available with a stick them Inam still listening.
Otherwise let the Chads and hairdressers have it.

>and it weighs under 3200lb

kek, they could barely manage that 20 years ago. This thing is going to be morbidly obese.

My last TT wasn't much heavier than that, but aluminum is expensive.

Yeah, I know TT. It's not that bad, but DCTs suck.

>If they can keep the weight under 3200lb

user, I...

Even if I look past how ugly the front and back are, I can't look past that ass for a roof.

I am afraid you will be right, especially with a 6. How much does an M235i weigh? 3600lb?

he's talking about a turbo 4 version weighing under 3200lbs, not a 6 cylinder

Fords Turbo 4 mustang weighs more than their NA V6 mustang.

If they could BARELY skim under 3200lb 20 years ago without a turbo, they sure as fuck can't do it now with a turbo 4.

And even then, last gen of Supra eventually went over 3200lb even without the turbo.

if they do use a turbo 4 they'll use the bmw n20

The 228i manual with this engine weighs 3260lbs... so it's not entirely impossible

Why don't they just make it an 86/BRZ with a bodykit and some turbos?

because aftermarket

Or just drop a WRX motor in it, charge $5k more, and call it a day?

It needs to be either a $70k compeitor for the Boxster / Cayman, or a $40k competitor to the BRZ/370z/etc

At $50k the body will be made of steel and it will be pigfat heavy, so the V6 will be needed. At $70k they could skin it in aluminum, use a potent turbo four, and maybe go chasing 718 Caymans with it.

Average New Supra driver;
youtube.com/watch?v=BXx7LZdrqHE

Get out kike
Saying that because of the nose, not because of RWD

Whenever a car in devellopment goes for public test runs, the company puts a sort of digital camo on it, so its harder for competitors to analyze and steal.
The germans call the paintjob 'Erlkönig', to highlight its elusive nature

They're working with BMW.

The absolute best case scenario is that it's a slightly cheaper i8. Not a good thing.

It has a kraut six in it. Not that I'm bashing the bmw engine but I feel it takes away from what originally made the car so great.

Kek'd slightly through my nose.

>The 228i manual with this engine weighs 3260lbs... so it's not entirely impossible

user, I...

the old supras weight that much because they were GT cars and not sports cars.
Im pretty shure they will fuck the new one up tho.

this,

I like it

Proportions of the camo car look good. Short deck long hood, not too massive overall. All other details have to wait to be seen. To be successful they just need a turbo I6, dct or manual option, rwd, not too overly complex or heavy. Around 400whp and 3300lbs with a stout block like the mk4 so you can turn up the wick easily.

Come on Toyota don't fuck this up.

How majority of us felt throughout this whole fiasco...

During concept release:
>It looks fucking great, probably will rock a great engine that produces tons of horses
>Price is probably around 50 grand so it can be built with quality

NOW:
>Looks toned down to 30 grand, nothing unique about it other than the name "Supra".

You honestly think it will be 30k?