>what'ya ridin'
>where'ya heading
>what you plan on buying/building

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=beyIA4ol6DE
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI
cycle-ergo.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nice baiku. I think you should get some braided lines for the front. Not because they work better but because it'll look cooler.

>pic related, all my bikes being stored in my office for winter. throwing a battery tender on them every few days. the ninja needs a new front brake caliper and I just used JB Weld on the gas tank which i accidentally perforated so I am eager to see if it works in the spring

I like that blue gxsr, looking sharp

OP you retard, you literally copy and paste the format from the top post. Jesus.

Nice bike, but needs a new muffler

This should do it youtube.com/watch?v=beyIA4ol6DE

im not the dumbass honduh riding cuckbike op, but here ya go

[ D a i l y B i k e T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Pictures & Fun Webm

>/dbt/ map
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

>Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
cycle-ergo.com/

>Noob? Read this:
>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

rate my recent cop /dbt/

cuck/nobike

>Drop bike doing U-turn
>Hit some dirt and down it went
>Panicced, go to lift it up
>Grab throttle
>Bike does a 180 on the ground before I can hit the killswitch
>Take a step back, actually put the kickstand down this time
>Lift her up, resting fine on the stand
>Rolls forwards a bit, kickstand goes up and bike tips to the OTHER side
>Bang, hits the ground
>All over again
Have you ever fucked up so bad you never wanted to ride again, I feel like I've let my bike down.

Thank god there was no one around though. I would've died if anyone had seen me

I like this thread

kek.

>doesn't even use the updated /wsg/ link
here ya go

>cuck
no
>nobike
no
;^)

What are options for GPS trackers for motorcycles? Dad bought a new Thruxton and while I'm helping him make his shed secure a device to help ensure recovery in case the methheads doing break and enters around the district steal it would be another level of peace of mind.

honestly if i was that autistic, I wouldn't be on a bike in the first place.

Somehow I've survived 1.5 years of riding without any crashes.

Jesus fuck that tank..

I wanna get this bike and add a headlight, bash plate, and hand guards

it's 28L

you should get this instead

i have one already

it looks like a milk carton senpai.

Hey that baiku looks like mine!

why not get the WR instead since it comes with lights and shit?

At least its faster than a DRZ

The WR has no power

wr250f is heavier, less power, $100 more.

>Fed up with cbr600rr
>Want nice middleweight all-rounder for commuting and some semi-sporty riding
>Test ride cb400
>Perfect fit, sold instantly
>All models I can find are stupidly expensive second-hand or with 80,000+km's

Well, gonna keep an eye out. Any other similar bikes?

Get this instead

why? also, no.

>Want nice middleweight all-rounder for commuting and some semi-sporty riding
DRZ400SM

CB1300, the big machine.

Please do not ever make another thread without "dbt" somewhere in the title and a link to the previous one.
Here is how to get a list of legitimate threads at any time: Veeky Forums.org/o/dbt

Because. Go ride one and tell me you don't want it

DRZ400 vs DR650
Discuss

>took the real dual sport model
>swapped on the wrong wheel size
>didn't even upgrade the brakes
>put dual sport tires on the wrong wheel size
worst of both worlds

no

>doesnt know the god like experience that is riding an uncorked WR4xx

DR650
Owned one and loved it
Rode a few DRZ400s and they all felt like squishy pigfat shitbikes

The DR-Z400 is objectively the best expert level dual sport bike.
> mileage
It's a mid-sized 4stroke single cylinder bike, so it gets at least 50mpg.
> handling
It handles nothing like a supersport. It it tall and light with a steering geometry set up to be very agile. This combined with the wide handlebars make it very easy to change directions.
> brakes
The brakes are designed for off-road and aren't so twitchy they will lock up easily on slick surfaces. They are completely acceptable but require a firm squeeze, yet with a larger diameter rotor upgrade like on the SM model you will find it taking no effort at all to slow down very quickly.
> power
When you're a good rider you don't need 100+ HP to pass everyone on the touge. Git gud faget.
> carbs
The CV carb found on the DR-Z helps calm down the twitchiness of a lightweight single.
> seating position
The tall seat combined with a completely upright seating position puts you high enough to see over all but the highest brotrucks. It is also a very comfortable position which puts practically no strain on your lower back or wrists.
> price and availability
The bike has gone unchanged for the last 15 years so there's plenty available for very cheap. The popularity and lack of change keeps the resale value high so it's easy to sell. This has the downside of making them expensive to buy in the used market but can be avoided with patience.
> suspension
The Dr-Z400 features a fully adjustable Showa cartridge forks and shock which offer splendid damping characteristics. You can tune it to your riding style with the clickers and preload adjusters, but you will benefit from a respring if you're a fat fuck. Lose some weight.

underrated post.

>DRZ squishy compared to a dr650
what?
dr650 is tractor powered ,sofa squishy and comfy

overrated post.

>wide bars help change direction easily
Narrow bars turn quicker
>objectively
Wrong
>expert
Its a beginner bike
>steering geometry set up to be very agile
Its set up to trail ride slowly and with stability. Its not agile at all.
>set up for offroad
>talks about sm large diameter
Conflicting info
>touge
On a dirt bike?!?!
>high resale is easy to sell
No
>avoid high prices
So buy a beat to shit one?
>splendid damping characteristics
They are spongy... for slow mild trail riding.

I still kick myself for not buying that 426. I would have killed myself on it, but still.

this isnt a dbt faggot

Shit post

>DR650
>comfy
I love my DR650, but two seats later, it's bearable.

DRZ is squishy when it shouldnt be.
Its got terrible suspension. Its sluggish and slow to react

It is now, it was linked in the previous thread and no one made a conflicting one.

non vcucked VFR800

Twice the Cs, twice the Gs, and high mileage should be okay

cons

>designed to be used with panniers. underseat boot is inconvenient to get to, or impossible if you use the cowl, and holds little, also gets water in it if you don't use the cowl
>everyone uses the cowl and loses the grab rails
>how many fairing bolts and plastic clips can one bike have? never enough. t. honduh engineers.

possible cons:
>makes a REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE noise
>everyone takes off the intake snorkel so it sounds cooler, but more crap might get into the airbox, check the filter regularly
>some people drill the airbox so it sounds cooler still but this happens to every bike

Just replace fairing screws with the 1/4 turn fuckers. Those things are the best.

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>tfw when its not a faggot, and just gear driven cams

>run out of gas
>have to tip the bike on its side to get the rest into the side with the petcock

dirtbikes weren't designed for range man. if they were, the tank would be part of the seat area at the cost of rider mobility like all the other bikes in existence.

That would be called a dzus fastner, user. Not to be confused with a quick release fastner.

DRZ all the way.
If some of the idiots on here knew how to adjust suspension they would have enjoyed the DRZ

How do you get good at downshifting? I have down pat at usual riding speeds/rpms but whenever I move up to the top end I just cant get it right. I've had my rear lock up once or twice and its kinda scared me.

READY
TO
RACE

You retard. There is a line that brings fuel from one side of the blivet to the other.

knobbies on supermoto is best meme

Only issue is that the 2001 or earlier models are quite rare here, so I'll have to keep an eye out for that one as well. Cheers user.

I know it's a DZUS fastener. Nobody seems to know the name though so they're relegated to that half-assed description.

>hurr
how about you just install a second petcock like every normal human being?

READY
TO
ROSE

Get a quick shifter.

But seriously, practice the following sequence: clutch in blip throttle, change gear, clutch out. Gearing differences at the top end will require less blipping than the lower gears

get a quickshifter.

pull in the clutch? be smooth? i don't know what you are doing user.

It would take probably 300 miles to have the issue you're describing with that tank. Not that big of a deal.
Also is it that hard for you to pick up a 300lb bike?

blip and slip, under normal braking if you're blipping right you should never get compression lock.

Under track braking it's going to happen if you don't have a slipper or don't manually slip clutch yourself (especially on that last gear) as there's much less pressure on the rear wheel.

I'm overcomplicating it though, just practice your blipping until it's smooth and quick, motorcycle gearboxes are usually smoother the faster you operate them so whip that elbow and blip it in nice and quick.

When you downshift, do not change throttle position. It will rev up by itself.

step one:
stop being american
step two:
git gud

DRZ400

98-99 = no cat, no O2 sensor
00-01 = cat, O2 sensor that is totally uneffected by the PAIR valve, totally

98-99 800s all VFRs made prior to that are getting so rare that you should get just a CBR and slap on risers and a cushy seat if you want a comfy, fast honda.

>aussie hour on dbt

>There are people who don't replace their dinky horns with regular car horns available for five bucks at your nearest junkyard
>there are people who replace their dinky horns with obscenely loud air horns that need a relay and a battery tap when a regular horn would be enough

Loud exhaust > Horn

>loud exhaust
people hear you after you've arrived
>loud horn
people hear you before you arrive
>loud exhaust with one muffler facing backwards
MASTER
RACE

>he doesnt just rev his bike as a horn
What a bitch

He probably has a ptwin lmao

Grourious inline 4. People run when it hits 20k. Louder than any horn

my horn burned out so i've been doing this lately

>cheapo delkevic pipe

it works. getting back in gear is a split second of fuckery though.

>rev at somebody trying to change lanes
>rev up again to get back in gear
>rev too high
>take off with a short wheely and look like a squid

outrun* maybe. by 20k i know you mean that slow POS mc22.

Not a Bol D'or

Hello, my name is Vix and I would love to learn everything about motorcycles.
I think a nice little kawasaki or something would be good for me so I can learn the basics while I save up for something fancier
I would love any advice I can get on where to start out. Any books, or videos that I can check out to get some knowledge, or any personal advice for beginners.
I know NOTHING about bikes.... So anything at all would be helpful :) Thank you.
Btw, it it's important I am 5'10 and pretty chubby, but also stronger than most females I have met. And I live near Atlanta Georgia, so if there's anyplace near me that I should scope out or anything, like I said any information at all would be appreciated, and again; Thank you SOOO much!

>he's mad he doesnt own one of the fastest 250s
Doesnt mean much but still, faster than whatever shit hondur pump out nowadays.

post boipucci

GSXR750 BEST STARTER BIKE BAR NONE

>Great handling but not unpredictably sharp
>Lightweight
>Brakes good enough to stop but not so bad you'll accidentally stoppie
>Enough power to make it a motorcycle in mustang-laden traffic instead of a two-wheeled car
>Newbie friendly linear power delivery
>Time tested design
>Suzuki reliability

Remember they only say don't buy "600 class supersports and literbikes", nothing about "750 class awesomesports"

The only important thing to know is that this is the best motorcycle ever made. It's called a DRZ400s. Nobody disagrees.

thats old boipucci i want new one