Why is Subaru the best auto maker today?

Honestly I have been doing a lot of thinking. Subaru is literally the best automaker today. They make the full range of automobiles including sport sedans. All of their vehicles are AWD even base impreza and for the price they are priced at...totally worth it. They even still make wagons....sure its huge but what inst today. Name a better car available for the average consumer for the same price point. Is subaru keeping the car enthusiast happy?

For the price, not many options.

The only runner ups I can think of are Ford and Mazda.
speaking of.. Mazda, where the fuck is the speed3?!

None of them offer a rwd compact car at the same price as subaru

Aside from the wrx/sti, toyota and hondas are better in almost every measurable way. AWD is the only thing they really got going for them.
>Name a better car available for the average consumer for the same price point.
Civic

What? how? Imprezas start cheaper and come with awd???explain

Shitty CVTs, meme awd, oil consumption, meme boxer engines that offer no benefits to normies.

The only companies that are worse are Nissan and fca.

Since this is a Subaru thread I might as well ask here. How many miles can an '07 Impreza take? Specifically, I'm looking at an Outback Sport SE with 176k that seems to otherwise be in good condition and wondering if $2900 is a reasonable price.

Did they ever fix the shit paint

I believe timing belt and water pump at 200k, along with the headgasket that will blow whenever it feels like.

Since this is basically a Subaru thread hopefully someone can help me out with a question. I want to lower my 2003 Outback sedan but I'm a cheap fuck so I was wondering if I could swap out the struts and springs from a similar year Legacy or Wrx into it.

Awd is a meme or subaru a shit?

C V T
V
T

ok im under the impression that a base impreza "AWD" is more of a gimmick than functionality compared to FWD around the same price when FWD is also king in low traction. Probably less of a hassle to fix too should something go wrong.

Thanks. The timing belt and head gaskets I knew about; the water pump I did not.

Those issues (and usual maintenance) aside, it's not a worrisome mileage? It's not likely to crap out on me entirely after another 15-20k? The cars aren't known for dying around there?

My mother bought a 2013 impreza and went trough two engines in 40.000KM
Engine was losing oil from god know where and died.

There are lawsuit against the EJ25, lots of complaints and angry consumers.
Subaru is shit.

Turbo Subarus hold their value disgustingly well.

2.5N/A is a joke. Never buy. Pony up and you'll have one of the best machines money can buy.

No sports car has improved less than the STI.

>late 90's
>almost 300hp, under 3000lbs
>the current year
>barely over 300hp, over 3400lbs

Every year it gains a tiny bit of power and a lot of weight. It basically has the same performance it did almost 20 years ago. It also gets more boring to look at with each new gen.

It should be, at the very least, where is the Focus RS is right now. Every sports car it used to smoke now surpasses it. It can't even keep up with a basic Mustang GT anymore.

Not actually sure about waterpump.
They will run into the 200k's though. I owned a wrx with 230k.

GD wrx/2004 STi setup will work for the front. 05-09 legacy might work for the rear.

Subaru fan Bois are the worst.

King in low traction? I see guys crashing their fwd cars all the time because as soon as you start sliding there is no pulling out. Fwd is horrible in winter to anyone other than the most horrible drivers that in a rwd car would think oh no im sliding let me just stomp on the brakes. Ive driven rwd and 4x4 vehicles my whole life ive been on the road 10 years driving anything from bmw to audi to honda (had an s2k for a few months last year) to now my 2016 silverado and 2015 wrx and never crashed. I took my moms escape which is ecobest fwd and i wrote it off on a highway off ramp last winter. I was sliding slightly towards the ditch at about 30km per hour and so from reflex i gave it light throttle and counter steer gently. The car went retardo and sped up striaght into the ditch rolling over twice.

Thank you Veeky Forumstist

Nice blog retard

The only thing we got from your tumblr rant is that you're a shit driver. Good job

I feel like that story is not entirely the cars fault.

Fwd in winter is a meme. The wife wanted to buy a new corolla for herself few months back and when she called me about the "good news" i left the job site to go cause a scene at the dealers. I took her next door and she drives a beautiful 2012 a4 s line and fuck you for thinking germany a shit. My brother in law is an audi tech.

What do you feel i did wrong. What can you possibly do in a fwd car in a right hand on ramp when the car starts sliding straight or to the left of the road? I steered towards the road and gave a little bit of gas. She had mint tires too. I drove my bmw for 3 years (disconnected traction and abs) 315 wide summer tires. Any time this happen i tapped the gas and she went as she should

>anecdotal
Kek you're just a shit driver. Go back to r/cars

Tell me how? How would you react in that situation. Nobody has told me how a fwd would be superior to rwd in that situation

By being a good driver and not listen to memes

Im an excellent driver. My insurance premium just dropped due to that actually

honestly i couldn't tell you cause i wasn't driving so i don't know how hard it was sliding, how fast you noticed it was starting to break loose. no one on the internet could tell you how to save that besides aim into the ditch and not roll it.

Maybe for poor people

Yeah or drive rwd and power slide out of it or make your best attempt to. Like i said fwd being good in winter is a meme