EVE ONLINE GENERAL /eog/

Vile Rat edition.

>Can I make enough ISK to PLEX?
Yes of course!

>I just started, what should I do?
Get a referral from someone to get free SP, beg for it here if you have.

Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.
No, really. Find a corp.
You don't want to be that guy.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/JGKUEsZy
Focus Group Logs: focusgrouplogs.tech.ccp.is/

Future:
Dec 14-25th is a free daily christmas gift event from ccp! only redeemable for 24 hours per item.

Past:
>Nov 25: Eve Down Under
>Nov 15: Alpha clones, Engineering Complexes, reworked boosters
>Sep 27: Coronation of Catiz I
>Sep 13: Mining barge overhaul, some new frigate models, capital module balance pass
>Sep 12: CSM 11 first summit
>Aug 13: [SoundCloud] WH CSM Townhall 13AUG2016 by OrangeEagle
>Aug 09: Citadel contracts, dmg/rep visuals, clouds performance boost, cargo notifications
>Jul 26: AT prizes announced (blood raider variations)
>Jul 23: Goons move to Delve, SMA closes
>Jul 19: Broski joins then kills QFC
>Jul 18: Billboards submissions open
>Jul 07: AT rule changes: 10 players, no cap-xfer, no CDs, blood raider ships encouraged
>Jun 29: "Shadow of the Serpent" event began, serp capitals introduced
>Jun 28: Citadel trading, overlay vectors, new implants, drugs legal, NSA nerfs, triage/seige/bastion now ECM immune, mass fitting
>Jun 23: RIP SP dailies
>May 30: RIP Dust 514 (long live Project Nova)
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true)

Permalink: orph.link/eog

Other urls found in this thread:

zkillboard.com/ship/35834/solo/
zkillboard.com/kill/58099045/
zkillboard.com/kill/58095458/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>gallente

Apocalypse

Daily reminder that the moros is the worst dread and the nag is better than the moros in everyfield of the world

Ah yes, well done, HOWEVER

are there any in game events that all different types of players (hc, casuals, wh peeps) come out for? I remember reading about some tournament for a princess?

ERP

So what's your opinion on the defender missile changes?

actually giving them a purpose will definitely boost them.

Gives battleships a real defense to bombs

It's just that having t3d's with insane tanks for anti-small anti-bomb duty is kinda broken. They're too good already.

You mean Command Destroyers?

tfw you pretended to be a girl in mmo's when you where 12 and this perv took advantage of it

I fit a curse and a pilgrim, and my curse fit seems to be absolutely crap. I plan to do some wormhole ganking in them and my pilgrim fit worked out really well but the curse is just hard as hell for me. I mainly do an armor tank but I guess that's not really an option. Am I meant to do an ancillary shield for self rep, or shield buffer?

Have you ever met any underage people in EVE othher than benjo? I have hard time meeting anyone under 20yo.

No, I mean Svipul and 'fessor.

Curse is ewar boat, you can ignore the bonus and go for shield tank if you want though.

the curse gets less powergrid and less lows so its armor tank is absolute ass. It works better as a shield tank because 6 mids but its kind of cheesy

you can do a good active tanked pilgrim though.

They can't fit the new defender missiles only command destroyers. CCP put this in their description

m-me

im cute though

fuck that nano put another drone damage amp

Enjoy losing targets because you slowboat even with mwd.

>oneiros

>1600m/s
>slow
>losing targets
fit a scram nigger

There's a 14 year old in my corp who does nothing but spew memes all day, pretty obnoxious.

I'll try this out and adapt for purpose/skills

Are small neutralizers effective at all against cruisers/battlecruisers? I feel like they'd be next to useless in a relatively short battle.

the small neuts get the same bonus from the curse so yea they work pretty well although I would strive to get medium neuts due to the extra amount

The bigger neuts suck their cap dry. Small neuts keep their cap dry with smaller but faster cycles.

You can put and ancil rig and fit another medium, but idk, the size combinations and bling depends on you.

>damn meme spouting kids!
>...
>joins pupper

The small are NOS so you get some cap back. Tbh I'd drop the isk on the A-types. They are only like 30(?)M each or so.

remember to join pupper

Just got to Jita for the first time, it's so laggy ;_;

>actually going to Jita
>not remotely buying things and making courier contracts

thats extra money and bullshit

>Escalating Entropy

>extra money
Bitch please. I tried to make a living as a spess trucker. My ideal fucking profession in this game is literally hauling shit around. But people do that shit for peanuts. Less than peanuts, at least you can live on peanuts. Haulers are literally below the "minerals I mine are free" shitters on the effectively-earning-money totem pole. Throw them pennies and they'll haul shit across the entire goddamned galaxy for you, with billions as collateral.

Is there any activity in eve that a young pilot like myself can do for some decent isk that isn't a meme?

Exploration and market jewing. Say goodbye to high sec as soon as you can.

what relic / data sites will not have any rats to deal with? I remember last time I was playing ~6 mos ago there was certain names each signature had and they said to avoid names such as angel, etc. can anyone provide that? gonna try my hand at wh/null sec exploration again in my tin can

Any faction named site in wormhole class 1-3 are safe.

Do they just not show up after 3?

>abaddon burned his guns

>Abaddon

I Guess

I'm sick of mining but it's all I know so I'm gonna keep mining.

What's the best way to make megaisk for an Omega? Exploration?

Exploration can be very good if you can stand the scanning and the minigame. Not only is there decent money in it, but you can do it in a very cheap ship, and it's a great way to get over your fear of non-highsec because all the money's in low/null/wh.

Just start looking for data and relic sites, especially relic. Learn to scan, you'll be doing it a lot, especially if you're going through wormholes. It may sound strange, but not only are the sites a lot more rewarding, you're actually safer the farther you get from highsec. Systems bordering highsec and wormholes with HS connections are highly likely to get you hunted down. Holes with low, null or w-space connections, and sleepy deep-sov or npc null systems are often extremely quiet and save while you rack up the loot.

Even as an alpha you can make good money with exploration, though you have to learn to live without a cloak (mostly just means making lots of safespots), and you'll expect to fail the minigames quite a bit. I went from all V's related to exploration to an alpha, and I'm still doing fine, I just make cans explode sometimes, where before I virtually never failed.

Look up the names of ghost sites (it's generally somethingerother "covert" something) and avoid those, and then just avoid anything that doesn't have a pirate faction name. You'll be fine if you do that. You can do the ghost sites, but they'll spawn rats in a little while, and if you fail the can it might blow you up. I usually just hack the first can asap and gtfo when I see them.

C4-C6 holes can only spawn sleeper sites and ghost sites, never the "normal" data/relic sites. That said, it's sometimes still worth diving into a high-class wormhole just to find more holes. They'll have connections to multiple other holes and some are practically made of swiss cheese.

awox him.

>be in horde
>be in m-o
>shit is laggy as fuck
>fc says "yo lets disconnect so it lags less and we finish it faster"
bravo, fantastic game, ccp

All they need to do is reduce the pop cap to 2k.

You knew what you were getting in to. Don't show up if you're just going to bitch about it.

FRIENDS

The answer to almost everything in Eve is MAKE FRIENDS

JOIN A CORPORATION, MAKE FRIENDS, HAVE THEM HELP YOU MAKE ISK

I don't know how you're even mining if you're not in a decent corp. Mining in Eve is basically "press F1, open a beer, talk bullshit in comms"

No because the system had 4k people in it with no tidi

interesting opinion, but no. being in there doesnt mean i should stop bitching about it and vice versa

how can i tell what class of wormhole im in?

Easy way: check the hole before going in, it'll say "unknown space". If it's C4 or higher it'll be "dangerous unknown space" or "deadly unknown space".

Otherwise, there are various sites like wh.pasta.gg where you can look up the system name and it'll tell you the class, static connections, and some other shit.

More like press F1, alt tab to media player and fap to furrys.

you can also look at the region name. region beginning with A is C1, B is C2 etc.

It's that simple? Hu-h.

well it's easier to just ask a website than remember all this stuff, when it comes to statics and shit

You calculate your location by the position of stars, duh. Ez.

Didn't CCP literally change the stars specifically to fuck this over?

It was denied from ingame by concord.

>whfags

do they only spawn once ive looted the stuff so i can gtfo or do they spawn once i go into the relic site? I just scanned down a a "forgotten frontier quarantine" site and want that phat loot

That's a sleeper site, and it will have sleepers inside, and they will try to gank you as soon as you exit warp. And probably succeed.

Even if they somehow aren't there or someone clears them out or something, hacking a can is generally a trigger for another wave of sleepers, so you'd still get your shit pushed in.

Just ignore it, it's a combat site, not a relic/data site. Yeah it sucks that they label it like that in the scanner, but what are ya gonna do?

Why are amarr battleships such shit?

>Why are amarr ships such shit?
Fixed.

Because you haven't quad plated that shit.

armageddon is good

abaddon is ok at blobbing, it's just not fashionable right now because everyone is flying other stuff. pirate battleships are too cheap not to use. also beams are too hard to fit, and blobs love long range guns

apocalypse has bad bonuses and again long range guns will never fit

what kind of ship would i need to eventually take that on?

>archon
>'fessor
>geddon

Say that again to my face, heathen.

>shit taste meme ships

omen need a redesign

garbage ship

same cap regen as the thorax but the guns use gobs more cap. Has contradictory bonuses that go against each other

fuck you

>Keepstar has killed 230b worth of attacking ships

Because lasers take too much fucking cap.

Insurance, though.

>killed
>gotten on the killmail of

Keepstar nerf when?

Nah, It's shredding it pretty well.
zkillboard.com/ship/35834/solo/

>go into wormhole
>get killed by NPCs

I'm not good at this

>go into wormhole
>tengu uncloaks and blaps me

I'm not good at it either, user.

>shredding it pretty well
>hasn't killed a single Machariel
>90% of the kills are blues or third party KM whores in cheap frigs
Why did Co2 build that thing? Wouldn't a cheaper citadel have fulfilled the same role?

>a single machariel
the keepstar has nothing that can get through 400k+ EHP

THERE IT GOES
KEEPSTAR DOWN BABY

the role of a keepstar is to have a place where supercap pilots can hang out and talk about their supers

not exploding tho

Nice killmail

zkillboard.com/kill/58099045/
>a fucking russian got the last hit
POTTERY

typhoon #1

>CO2 tears all the mods out
>insures
>still fights for it anyways with shitfits

Fuck, and I'm in their alliance. This is the kinda playstyle I like in Eve.

zkillboard.com/kill/58095458/

RMT at it's finest, everyone.

So what do I do for the 2 years it will take to level skills?

Just sub for a year and come back and play the game then? Isn't this kind of leveling a little asinine?

how about play the game