Was there any nation, country or tribe that converted from Islam into another religion?

Was there any nation, country or tribe that converted from Islam into another religion?

The holy land

That's because of Jews who settled in, not because of a bunch of Palestinians converting.

Caliphate of Cordoba kek

Spain

Good answer

Turkey, but that's over.

Wasn't it majority Christian which just a bunch of ruling class cunts being Muslim?

Conversos during the Reconquista, possibly

Albania "converted" to atheism and is still pretty irreligious now.

Probably not what you're looking for, but the Alawites have diverged so far from mainline islam that most scholars do not consider them muslim

Why do Albos still peddle this meme, is it a desperate attempt to make themselves look European?

Do you have a brain?

Shia clerics do, whose opinion is the only authoritative one here, since Alawiites are self-proclaimed Shiites.

Do you?

>we aren't truly muslim we are atheist I sware on me mum pls ignore the fact that 60% of my country is muslim

How is that different that the censuses in other European countries?

Hafez al Assad literally just paid some cleric to pronounce that Alawites totally are muslim

Even the Iranian government does not agree that Alawites are Shi'a

Which censuses? The only really atheist countries in Europe are places like Czechia where the census actually shows an irreligious majority.

desu I live in Finland, and we are 90% nonreligious despite 70% of our population belonging to the church. People remain in the church for practical reasons, not religious ones.

Censuses about how many people are registered members of a church aren't usually indicative of the general religiousness of a country

>muslims
>church

no

It was a bunch of natives that converted to christianity and then either got expelled or converted back in the reconquista.

Oh yeah, I should have used religion obviously. The church is sort of an colloquialism here for being a registered member of a religion.

The Khazars converted to islam for a time (from judaism) to gain protection from the caliph against the christians. When they saw that the caliph would neither protect them nor give them money, they went back to judaism, kek.

Read Ibn Fadlan's book about his travel to the country of the Khazar, it's pretty funny to read

The thing is you don't get to be a "registered member" in islam like you do in Christianity

A lot of sub Saharan African countries did.

Let's not forget North Africa

Christians were still the majority.

Philip III's chroniclers mention that Valencia lost 33% of their population when Phillip III expelled the Moriscos and Conversos

Gagauz.

Literally the entire Levant and North Africa

You got the question wrong idiot

IDIOT ????

Yep, you're an idiot

Weren't they Muslim in their final days before getting conquered?

The Druze were originally a Shiite sect that became an entirely different religion.

The operative word is "from"

Some Philippine tribes converted from Islam to Christianity.

The Baha'i

Islam is a sham perpetrated by the one true Light

only He exists

does spain after the reconquista count